|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(c) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(d) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
2. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He is open to being converted.
(b) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
(c) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(d) He is not a believer.
3. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
(a) Argument and direct action.
(b) Civil disobedience, sabotage and direct action.
(d) Argument and sabotage.
4. What creative problem does Grand have?
(a) He is stuck on page 6.
(b) He is having trouble with creating an antagonist.
(c) He can't do any research because of the plague.
(d) He is stuck on the first sentence.
5. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Dominican.
(b) He is a Franciscan.
(c) He is a Jesuit.
(d) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes panic in the town?
2. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
3. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
4. What sort of communication is forbidden?
5. In what era is the story set?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the Prefect finally take action?
2. In what era is the story set?
3. What is the main function of the city of Oran?
4. What is the popular mood as described in Part 2 Chapter 5?
5. Which character is very persistent in Part 2 Chapter 5?
6. Why is Mme. Rieux concerned about her son?
7. Who is Jean Tarrou?
8. What literary device does Camus use in Chapter 5 to accentuate meaning?
9. What is Dr. Rieux worried about in Chapter 2?
10. Why is Jean Tarrou important in the story?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)