|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(b) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(c) He believes the ideas are sound.
(d) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
2. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He is open to being converted.
(b) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
(c) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(d) He is not a believer.
3. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
(a) His mother.
(c) His wife.
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He can do nothing.
(b) He injects them with penicillin.
(c) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(d) He lances and drains the abscesses.
5. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People panic.
(b) People go back to work.
(c) People couldn't care less.
(d) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
2. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
3. What is Rieux worried about?
4. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem about the announcements being made about the disease?
2. What literary device does Camus use in Chapter 5 to accentuate meaning?
3. What is the situation with plague serum?
4. What does Dr. Rieux muse about in Part 1 Chapter 5?
5. Who is Raymond Rambert?
6. What is the popular mood as described in Part 2 Chapter 5?
7. Why is Mme. Rieux concerned about her son?
8. Why have telegrams become the main means of contact ordinary people now have with the outside world?
9. What does Fr. Paneloux tell the people in his sermon at High Mass?
10. As described in Chapter 7, what are the first steps taken to deal with the crisis?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)