|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) On television.
(b) By reading the newspapers.
(c) Via radio broadcasts.
(d) By word of mouth.
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To interview the polic magistrate.
(d) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
3. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(b) Exciting and vibrant.
(d) Needs better design.
4. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the people will panic.
(b) That the disease will affect his wife.
(c) That the trains will stop running.
(d) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
5. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He injects them with penicillin.
(b) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(c) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(d) He can do nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
2. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
3. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
4. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
5. Why are people seeking pleasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does M. Grand reveal in Part 2 Chapter 4?
2. Why is Cottard questioned by the police?
3. How do people react to Fr. Paneloux's sermon?
4. What is the situation with plague serum?
5. What is Dr. Rieux worried about in Chapter 2?
6. What do you think is interesting about Grand?
7. What does Dr. Rieux muse about in Part 1 Chapter 5?
8. Who is Joseph Grand?
9. Which character is very persistent in Part 2 Chapter 5?
10. How does the heatwave further discourage the citizens of Oran?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)