|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grand reveal?
(a) That he has a secret girlfriend.
(b) That he is writing a novel.
(c) That he is in disguise.
(d) That he wrote the sermon.
2. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
3. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is the middle of a plateau.
(b) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(c) It is dominated by mountains.
(d) It is close to a plateau.
4. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(b) They have no new films to show.
(c) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(d) They have to charge lower admission fees.
5. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Casablanca.
(b) The city of Oran.
(c) The city of Algiers.
(d) The city of Aran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes panic in the town?
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
3. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
4. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
5. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the Prefect finally take action?
2. What is the main function of the city of Oran?
3. What literary device does Camus use in Chapter 5 to accentuate meaning?
4. Who is Raymond Rambert?
5. What does Tarrou record about M. Othon?
6. What does M. Grand reveal in Part 2 Chapter 4?
7. Why is Cottard questioned by the police?
8. What is the problem about the announcements being made about the disease?
9. Why is news of the plague kept from the people?
10. What do you think is interesting about Grand?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)