|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) Mme. de Valois.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) The chief of police.
2. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the trains will stop running.
(b) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(c) That the people will panic.
(d) That the disease will affect his wife.
3. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People panic.
(b) People couldn't care less.
(c) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
(d) People go back to work.
4. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
5. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They cannot be closed.
(b) They are not high enough and people escape.
(c) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(d) They were closed before the announcement was made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
3. What reason does Grand give for his problem?
4. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
5. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Raymond Rambert?
2. Why have telegrams become the main means of contact ordinary people now have with the outside world?
3. In what era is the story set?
4. What literary device does Camus use in Chapter 5 to accentuate meaning?
5. What is Dr. Rieux worried about in Chapter 2?
6. In Part 2 Chapter 3, what measure is taken by the town leaders?
7. What factors are making life stressful for Dr. Rieux?
8. How does the heatwave further discourage the citizens of Oran?
9. What does Tarrou record about M. Othon?
10. Who is Joseph Grand?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)