Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Grand give for his problem?
(a) He is not satisfied with his ideas.
(b) He has become bored with the whole thing.
(c) He is not satisfied with the paper he is using.
(d) He is not satisfied with the words.
2. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
(b) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
(c) People are indifferent, uninterested.
(d) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He cannot file the news story.
(b) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(c) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(d) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
4. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Dominican.
(b) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
(c) He is a Jesuit.
(d) He is a Franciscan.
5. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
(a) There is violence and many people try to escape.
(b) There are huge numbers of letters to the editor of the local paper.
(c) People line up to volunteer to help their fellow citizens.
(d) There is an open forum where people can debate the issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
2. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
4. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
5. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is news of the plague kept from the people?
2. In what ways do Tarrou's plague symptoms first appear?
3. Has Cottard really gained from his profiteering during the plague?
4. Why cannot jubilation be complete at this point (Part 5 Chapter 1)?
5. What is the main function of the city of Oran?
6. What is the problem about the announcements being made about the disease?
7. Account for the difference tenor and content of Fr Paneloux's new sermon, compared with that he gave at the conclusion of the Week of Prayer.
8. How are local printing firms and newspapers able to profit by people's fear of the plague?
9. What changes does the plague seem to be undergoing?
10. How do people react to Fr. Paneloux's sermon?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)