|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People panic.
(b) People couldn't care less.
(c) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
(d) People go back to work.
2. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(b) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(c) Human infallibility.
(d) Human prejudice and warmongering.
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(b) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(c) Extreme thirst.
4. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
(b) Because there is only one line available.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) It is too expensive.
5. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The number of rat deaths.
(b) The number of people dying from plague.
(c) A possible attack from Germany.
(d) The plague of rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
2. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
3. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
4. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
5. Who is Joseph Grand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the heatwave further discourage the citizens of Oran?
2. Why is Mme. Rieux concerned about her son?
3. What does M. Grand reveal in Part 2 Chapter 4?
4. Who is Raymond Rambert?
5. Why is news of the plague kept from the people?
6. How do people react to Fr. Paneloux's sermon?
7. Who is Jean Tarrou?
8. As described in Chapter 7, what are the first steps taken to deal with the crisis?
9. What factors are making life stressful for Dr. Rieux?
10. Who is Joseph Grand?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)