|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He calls a meeting.
(b) He makes a speech on the radio.
(c) He leaves the city.
(d) He makes the proclamation of plague.
2. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
(a) People reject it completely and become angry.
(b) It's a mixed reaction.
(c) People are very much in agreement.
(d) It's an enthusiastic reaction.
3. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
(a) Civil disobedience, sabotage and direct action.
(c) Argument and direct action.
(d) Argument and sabotage.
4. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Writing or receiving letters.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Sending telegrams.
(d) Kissing and embracing in the street.
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is asthma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this information to be found?
2. Who questions Cottard?
3. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
4. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
5. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do you think Tarrou and Rieux are of like mind?
2. Who is Raymond Rambert?
3. In what era is the story set?
4. Why is Cottard questioned by the police?
5. What does Dr. Rieux muse about in Part 1 Chapter 5?
6. What does Fr. Paneloux tell the people in his sermon at High Mass?
7. When does the Prefect finally take action?
8. What is Dr. Rieux worried about in Chapter 2?
9. As described in Chapter 7, what are the first steps taken to deal with the crisis?
10. Why is Jean Tarrou important in the story?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)