|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Grand give for his problem?
(a) He is not satisfied with his ideas.
(b) He is not satisfied with the words.
(c) He has become bored with the whole thing.
(d) He is not satisfied with the paper he is using.
2. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(b) Sending telegrams.
(c) Writing or receiving letters.
(d) Making audio tapes.
3. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
(a) He's an expert on ancient inscriptions.
(b) He's famous for his sermons.
(c) He's a noted church organist.
(d) He's a skilled counsellor.
4. Who questions Cottard?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) M. Tarrou.
(c) A public health official.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
5. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Casablanca.
(b) The city of Algiers.
(c) The city of Oran.
(d) The city of Aran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the Prefect take?
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
3. Where is this information to be found?
4. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
5. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cottard questioned by the police?
2. How does the relationship between Dr. Rieux and M. Grand develop?
3. Who is Raymond Rambert?
4. What does Tarrou record about M. Othon?
5. What literary device does Camus use in Chapter 5 to accentuate meaning?
6. Which character is very persistent in Part 2 Chapter 5?
7. What is the situation with plague serum?
8. Why is Jean Tarrou important in the story?
9. What is the popular mood as described in Part 2 Chapter 5?
10. Who is Jean Tarrou?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)