|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
2. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
(a) Disinfecting the streets.
(b) Organising a Week of Prayer.
(c) Organising a Week of Sacrifice.
(d) Inoculating the population.
3. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) The number of plague victims decreases.
(b) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(c) The rain refreshes everyone.
(d) Rats are washed into the water supply.
4. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
(a) He's a noted church organist.
(b) He's a skilled counsellor.
(c) He's famous for his sermons.
(d) He's an expert on ancient inscriptions.
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) The concierge.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) Mrs Rieux.
(d) M. Othon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
3. What does Grand reveal?
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do you think Tarrou and Rieux are of like mind?
2. What is the problem about the announcements being made about the disease?
3. What is one result of the sudden closing of the city gates?
4. Why is Mme. Rieux concerned about her son?
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
6. What does M. Grand reveal in Part 2 Chapter 4?
7. What does Fr. Paneloux tell the people in his sermon at High Mass?
8. As described in Chapter 7, what are the first steps taken to deal with the crisis?
9. What literary device does Camus use in Chapter 5 to accentuate meaning?
10. Why is Jean Tarrou important in the story?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)