|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
(b) He tells him not to drink the water.
(c) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
(d) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
2. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(b) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(c) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) Cottard's predicament.
(c) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(d) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Two other doctors.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A judge and a second doctor.
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
2. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
3. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
5. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation with plague serum?
2. Why is news of the plague kept from the people?
3. What is the main function of the city of Oran?
4. How does the relationship between Dr. Rieux and M. Grand develop?
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
6. Why is Cottard questioned by the police?
7. In what era is the story set?
8. Why is Jean Tarrou important in the story?
9. What is one result of the sudden closing of the city gates?
10. What is the problem about the announcements being made about the disease?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)