|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Cottard?
(a) A public health official.
(b) M. Tarrou.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) The police inspector.
2. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A government official.
(b) A railway worker.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
3. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) By reading the newspapers.
(b) On television.
(c) Via radio broadcasts.
(d) By word of mouth.
4. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(b) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(d) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(d) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
2. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
4. What causes panic in the town?
5. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation with plague serum?
2. Which character is very persistent in Part 2 Chapter 5?
3. What factors are making life stressful for Dr. Rieux?
4. As described in Chapter 7, what are the first steps taken to deal with the crisis?
5. What does Fr. Paneloux tell the people in his sermon at High Mass?
6. How does the relationship between Dr. Rieux and M. Grand develop?
7. When does the Prefect finally take action?
8. Why is Cottard questioned by the police?
9. In Part 2 Chapter 3, what measure is taken by the town leaders?
10. What is Dr. Rieux worried about in Chapter 2?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)