|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the story set?
2. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) M. Othon.
(b) Dr. Rieux.
(c) The Prefect.
(d) The French President.
3. What does Grand reveal?
(a) That he is writing a novel.
(b) That he wrote the sermon.
(c) That he is in disguise.
(d) That he has a secret girlfriend.
4. Which method is successful for the character in attaining the goal?
(a) Rational argument.
(b) None. He fails.
(d) Civil disobedience.
5. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
3. How is the city situated geographically?
4. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
5. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mme. Rieux concerned about her son?
2. What is one result of the sudden closing of the city gates?
3. As described in Chapter 7, what are the first steps taken to deal with the crisis?
4. Why have telegrams become the main means of contact ordinary people now have with the outside world?
5. Who is Joseph Grand?
6. What does Tarrou record about M. Othon?
7. When does the Prefect finally take action?
8. How does the heatwave further discourage the citizens of Oran?
9. What is Dr. Rieux worried about in Chapter 2?
10. Why is news of the plague kept from the people?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)