|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
2. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He cannot file the news story.
(b) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(c) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(d) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(c) Cottard's predicament.
(d) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
4. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) People smoke and drink too much.
(b) God has sent the plague to force people to repent.
(c) God is love.
(d) God no longer cares about humanity.
5. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
3. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
4. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
5. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joseph Grand?
2. What factors are making life stressful for Dr. Rieux?
3. What does Tarrou record about M. Othon?
4. When does the Prefect finally take action?
5. What is the main function of the city of Oran?
6. How do people react to Fr. Paneloux's sermon?
7. How does the heatwave further discourage the citizens of Oran?
8. Which character is very persistent in Part 2 Chapter 5?
9. Why is Cottard questioned by the police?
10. What is the problem about the announcements being made about the disease?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)