Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Grand give for his problem?
(a) He is not satisfied with his ideas.
(b) He has become bored with the whole thing.
(c) He is not satisfied with the paper he is using.
(d) He is not satisfied with the words.
2. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
(b) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
(c) People are indifferent, uninterested.
(d) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He cannot file the news story.
(b) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(c) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(d) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
4. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Dominican.
(b) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
(c) He is a Jesuit.
(d) He is a Franciscan.
5. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
(a) There is violence and many people try to escape.
(b) There are huge numbers of letters to the editor of the local paper.
(c) People line up to volunteer to help their fellow citizens.
(d) There is an open forum where people can debate the issues.
6. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) By word of mouth.
(b) On television.
(c) Via radio broadcasts.
(d) By reading the newspapers.
7. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(b) Because he has terrible handwriting.
(c) Because he doesn't speak English.
(d) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
8. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is asthma.
(d) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
9. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) They die before they can get to hospital.
(b) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(c) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(d) They have no transport.
10. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
(b) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(c) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(d) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
11. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
12. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
13. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its cure.
(b) Its treatment.
(c) Its history.
(d) Its future.
14. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting rats.
(b) Counting dried peas.
(c) Writing a novel.
15. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(b) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(c) Human infallibility.
(d) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the city situated geographically?
2. What is Rieux worried about?
3. What action does the Prefect take?
4. In what city is the story set?
5. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)