|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the second way?
(a) More patients are suffering pneumonic rather than bubonic plague.
(b) The disease is now more like ebola.
(c) Most people suffer now from bubonic plague.
(d) The plague is becoming more virulent.
2. How does the city government respond to looting?
(a) Looters are shot on sight.
(b) Martial law and a curfew are imposed.
(c) Martial law is imposed and shops are boarded up at night.
(d) All police leave is cancelled.
3. Why are many families not allowed to attend the funerals of loved ones?
(a) There are too many of them.
(b) It would be too upsetting for them.
(c) They are not able achieve the strict dress code.
(d) They are in quarantine.
4. Who receives an invitation to the sermon?
(a) The Prefect.
(b) Dr. Rieux.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) Dr. Castel.
5. Why are individual burials dispensed with?
(a) People cannot afford expensive funerals.
(b) The cemetery is full.
(c) The death rate is too high to keep pace.
(d) The gravediggers are threatening to go on strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
2. What is taking place in the town?
3. What is Rieux's opinion about the case?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)