|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
(a) The Catholic hospital.
(b) Rieux and Tarrou look after him at home.
(c) Dr Rieux's home.
(d) A military hospital.
2. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) They die before they can get to hospital.
(b) They have no transport.
(c) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(d) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
3. For which people has the plague not ended?
(a) The doctors.
(b) Priests and nuns.
(c) Staff in the municipal offices.
(d) Those who have no-one to greet them on arrival.
4. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
(a) That plague is incurable.
(b) That we should accept musery.
(c) That human beings can cope quite well in isolation.
(d) That isolation increases human misery.
5. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) Carrier pigeons.
(b) Mobile phones.
(c) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which voice is now telling the story?
2. What is Rieux worried about?
3. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
4. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
5. How is Tarrou reminded of his mother?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)