|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) The concierge.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) Mrs Rieux.
(d) M. Othon.
2. Which voice is now telling the story?
(a) The original narrator.
(b) Joseph Grand.
(c) Raymond Rambert.
(d) Rieux's mother.
3. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A secret grief.'
(b) 'A silent grief.'
(c) 'A delayed grief.'
(d) 'A grief observed.'
4. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
(a) It has been accidentally destroyed in transit.
(b) It is the wrong sort.
(c) It has been contaminated.
(d) It is inadequate for needs.
5. Who is Joseph Grand?
(a) He is Dr. Rieux's neighbor.
(b) He is Cottard's neighbor.
(c) He is a Masonic Grand Master.
(d) He is M. Tarrou's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other character does Tarrou discuss in this part of his journal?
2. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
3. What is at the core of Rambert's problem?
4. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
5. Why does Tarrou thank Rieux?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)