|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The plague of rats.
(b) A possible attack from Germany.
(c) The number of rat deaths.
(d) The number of people dying from plague.
2. In his struggle of conscience, who does Rambert resemble?
(a) Dr. Castel
(b) The author, Albert Camus.
(c) Dr. Rieux
(d) Fr Paneloux
3. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
(b) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
(d) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
4. How has Fr Paneloux assisted the community during the plague?
(a) He has worked in hospitals.
(b) He has researched ancient inscriptions for plague remedies.
(c) He has said Mass every day.
(d) He has preached supportive sermons.
5. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He leaves the city.
(b) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(c) He calls a meeting.
(d) He makes a speech on the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
2. What does Dr. Rieux fear?
3. What target audience has Fr Paneloux for his special sermon?
4. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
5. With whom is Fr Paneloux billeted?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)