|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has tuberculosis.
(b) He is bedridden with asthma.
(c) He has bubolic plague.
(d) He is bedridden with cancer.
2. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(b) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(c) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(d) He believes the ideas are sound.
3. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he is neglectful of his children.
(b) That he is very demanding and controlling.
(c) That he cannot control his children.
(d) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
4. What criticism is made of Fr Paneloux after the sermon?
(a) That he has committed sacrilege.
(b) That he can't be heard at the back of the church.
(c) That he has committed simony.
(d) That he has committed polysemy.
5. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) They are careless.
(b) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
(c) They are rebelling against the church.
(d) It's a response to harsh new laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
2. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
3. For which people has the plague not ended?
4. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
5. How is Rambert's wife arriving?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)