|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
(a) Volunteering to assist in the fight against the plague.
(b) Smuggling. (Profiteering from the plague.)
(c) Running guns to Mardeilles.
(d) Writing a novel.
2. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) A firebrand Dominican priest.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) Fr Paneloux.
(d) The Bishop of Marseilles.
3. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) By reading the newspapers.
(b) On television.
(c) Via radio broadcasts.
(d) By word of mouth.
4. Who questions Cottard?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) A public health official.
5. Which trio of men develop a close friendship?
(a) Cottard, Rieux and Cottard.
(b) Tarrou, Othon and Cottard.
(c) Rieux, Tarrou and Grand.
(d) Rieux, Fr, Paneloux and Rambert
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the city situated geographically?
2. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
3. What news does his mother give to Rieux?
4. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)