|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
(a) Civil disobedience, sabotage and direct action.
(b) Argument and sabotage.
(d) Argument and direct action.
2. What creative problem does Grand have?
(a) He is having trouble with creating an antagonist.
(b) He is stuck on page 6.
(c) He is stuck on the first sentence.
(d) He can't do any research because of the plague.
3. What is the prime factor in his decision?
(a) His conscience.
(b) His finances.
(c) His love.
(d) Dr. Rieux's support.
4. How does Rieux encourage Tarrou?
(a) He tells him he has been nominated for a Papal knighthood.
(b) He tells him he is the best friend he could ever hope to have.
(c) He tells him his illness is improving.
(d) He tells him he must live if he is to be a saint.
5. What is Dr. Castel's work?
(a) Developing a more effective plague serum.
(b) He is a hospital administrator and Dr. Rieux's boss.
(c) Undertaking research about the rat population.
(d) Treating victims of the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rieux confide?
2. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
3. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
4. What criticism is made of Fr Paneloux after the sermon?
5. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)