|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux's opinion about the case?
(a) That it is hopeless.
(b) That it is mild.
(c) That the boy has a good chance of recovery.
(d) That the boy is malingering.
2. Who receives an invitation to the sermon?
(a) The Prefect.
(b) Dr. Castel.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) Dr. Rieux.
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(b) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Get rid of all rats.
4. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) They have no transport.
(b) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(c) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(d) They die before they can get to hospital.
5. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He cannot file the news story.
(c) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(d) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
3. In what important way has the plague changed?
4. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
5. Why does Tarrou thank Rieux?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)