|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In newspapers and on posters.
(b) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(c) In cinema advertisements.
(d) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
2. What is the result of this treatment?
(a) The boy recovers quickly.
(b) The boy takes longer to die.
(c) There is no change in his condition.
(d) The formula is patented.
3. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(b) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(c) They die before they can get to hospital.
(d) They have no transport.
4. What is at the core of Rambert's problem?
(a) He is afraid of making decisions.
(b) A struggle between doing the right thing or chasing his own happiness.
(c) A fear that his wife will divorce him.
(d) He knows money can buy happiness but to get it, he'd have to steal.
5. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has solved a great mystery.
(b) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(c) He leads an adventurous life.
(d) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tarrou reminded of his mother?
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
3. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
4. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
5. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)