|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
(a) M. Grand
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) Dr. Castel
(d) M. Tarrou.
2. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(b) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(c) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(d) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
3. Which is the second way?
(a) Most people suffer now from bubonic plague.
(b) The plague is becoming more virulent.
(c) More patients are suffering pneumonic rather than bubonic plague.
(d) The disease is now more like ebola.
4. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(b) The number of plague victims decreases.
(c) Rats are washed into the water supply.
(d) The rain refreshes everyone.
5. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Love for a woman.
(b) Self-love and preservation.
(c) Fear he will lose his job.
(d) Fear of the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the choice Fr Paneloux talks about in his sermon?
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
3. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
4. What is the prime factor in his decision?
5. Who is the first victim of the plague?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)