|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what era is the story set?
(a) 1940s during World War II.
(b) 1916, during World War I.
(c) During the French Revolution.
(d) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
2. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
(a) To write to his wife for him.
(b) To write to the local authorities about the rats.
(c) To write a journal documenting the plague.
(d) To provide funding for treating plague victims.
3. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) The rain refreshes everyone.
(b) Rats are washed into the water supply.
(c) The number of plague victims decreases.
(d) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
4. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(a) Exciting and vibrant.
(b) Needs better design.
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(b) A journalist.
(c) A railway worker.
(d) A government official.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Castel's work?
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
3. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
4. Where do notices about the disease appear?
5. What is the prime factor in his decision?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)