|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives an invitation to the sermon?
(a) The Prefect.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) Dr. Rieux.
(d) Dr. Castel.
2. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(b) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(c) He believes the ideas are sound.
(d) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
3. In what country is the story set?
4. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its geography.
(c) Its use as a biological weapon.
(d) Its symptoms/manifestations.
5. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The number of rat deaths.
(b) A possible attack from Germany.
(c) The number of people dying from plague.
(d) The plague of rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rambert's wife arriving?
2. Who is Jean Tarrou?
3. This chapter focuses on which character in the novel?
4. What is Cottard's reaction to the officials?
5. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)