|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
2. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
(a) Public health.
(b) A planned escape from Oran.
(c) A spouse
(d) Communication with the outside world.
3. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
(a) Looking at a full moon.
(b) The fact that they never get mail from the outside world.
(c) The view from the terrace at the asthma patient's home.
(d) The silences at night.
4. Why is M. Othon's release from camp delayed?
(a) There is suspicion that he has plague.
(b) There has been a mistake.
(c) He has not done the paperwork.
(d) He has upset the Prefect.
5. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(b) He leads an adventurous life.
(c) He has solved a great mystery.
(d) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation with food supply?
2. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
3. How does Rieux break with policy?
4. What is Rieux worried about?
5. What action does the Prefect take?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)