|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(b) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
(d) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
2. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Fear he will lose his job.
(b) Self-love and preservation.
(c) Love for a woman.
(d) Fear of the plague.
3. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) Via radio broadcasts.
(b) On television.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) By reading the newspapers.
4. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
(b) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
(c) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
(d) People are indifferent, uninterested.
5. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(c) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(d) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What target audience has Fr Paneloux for his special sermon?
2. How did Tarrou respond to his father's court performance?
3. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
4. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
5. What seems to be an important factor in the reduction of plague deaths?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)