|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
(a) The view from the terrace at the asthma patient's home.
(b) The fact that they never get mail from the outside world.
(c) The silences at night.
(d) Looking at a full moon.
2. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) God has sent the plague to force people to repent.
(b) God is love.
(c) People smoke and drink too much.
(d) God no longer cares about humanity.
3. With what does Dr. Rieux treat this patient?
(b) Mustard plasters and cupping.
(c) An ancient garlic compound.
(d) Dr. Castel's serum.
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(b) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(c) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(d) Dr Rieux is panicking.
5. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(b) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(c) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(d) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jean Tarrou?
2. What is the choice Fr Paneloux talks about in his sermon?
3. In what city is the story set?
4. How has Fr Paneloux assisted the community during the plague?
5. What important meeting takes place?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)