|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joseph Grand?
(a) He is Cottard's neighbor.
(b) He is a Masonic Grand Master.
(c) He is Dr. Rieux's neighbor.
(d) He is M. Tarrou's neighbor.
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He can do nothing.
(b) He injects them with penicillin.
(c) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(d) He lances and drains the abscesses.
3. This chapter focuses on which character in the novel?
4. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) The lines have been congested.
(b) Because there is only one line available.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
5. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(a) None. All have died.
(c) Everone has recovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux fear?
2. In what era is the story set?
3. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
5. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)