|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux fear?
(a) That rats will eat the corpses.
(b) That corpses will be piled in the streets.
(c) That he will himself catch the plague.
(d) That the church will make a lot of money from the burials.
2. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
(a) Burial at sea.
(c) Taken to a new cemetery in the desert.
(d) Mass burial.
3. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He makes a speech on the radio.
(b) He calls a meeting.
(c) He leaves the city.
(d) He makes the proclamation of plague.
4. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
(a) He beieves they are more good than bad.
(b) He believes they lack courage.
(c) He believes they are more bad than good.
(d) He believes they are more selfish than he is.
5. How are people coping as the plague continues?
(a) They become very religious and attend Mass evry day.
(b) They are full of fear and drink to excess.
(c) They are in despair and suicides are frequent.
(d) They become indifferent to what is happening to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having made his decision, what must Rambert now give up?
2. In what city is the story set?
3. What is one result of the sealed city?
4. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
5. What has Dr. Castel achieved?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)