|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux fear?
(a) That he will himself catch the plague.
(b) That corpses will be piled in the streets.
(c) That the church will make a lot of money from the burials.
(d) That rats will eat the corpses.
2. Why are many families not allowed to attend the funerals of loved ones?
(a) They are not able achieve the strict dress code.
(b) They are in quarantine.
(c) There are too many of them.
(d) It would be too upsetting for them.
3. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(b) None. All have died.
(c) Everone has recovered.
4. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
(a) There is violence and many people try to escape.
(b) There are huge numbers of letters to the editor of the local paper.
(c) People line up to volunteer to help their fellow citizens.
(d) There is an open forum where people can debate the issues.
5. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
(a) Burial at sea.
(b) Mass burial.
(c) Taken to a new cemetery in the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are individual burials dispensed with?
2. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
3. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
4. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
5. What is M. Grand's job?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)