|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People go back to work.
(b) People couldn't care less.
(c) People panic.
(d) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
2. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(c) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(d) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(b) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
4. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
(a) He writes to the sanatorium,
(b) He calls his wife.
(c) He calls the house physician.
(d) He sends a telegram.
5. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(b) He is open to being converted.
(c) He is not a believer.
(d) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
2. Tarrou's opinion of Grand is:
3. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
4. How is the city situated geographically?
5. Who receives an invitation to the sermon?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)