|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
(a) It's a mixed reaction.
(b) People reject it completely and become angry.
(c) It's an enthusiastic reaction.
(d) People are very much in agreement.
2. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
(a) That plague is incurable.
(b) That we should accept musery.
(c) That isolation increases human misery.
(d) That human beings can cope quite well in isolation.
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its history.
(b) Its future.
(c) Its treatment.
(d) Its cure.
4. Who is the worst affected emotionally when the patient dies?
(a) Fr Paneloux.
(b) Dr. Rieux.
(c) M. Tarrou
(d) M. Othon
5. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
(b) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
(c) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
(d) That he is profiteering from the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
2. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
3. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)