|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
(b) He is not a believer.
(c) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(d) He is open to being converted.
2. What is now possible for Rambert?
(a) A job on Oran's newspaper.
(b) A love affair in Oran.
(c) Writing a world exclusive on the plague in Oran.
(d) His escape from Oran.
3. What is Dr. Castel's work?
(a) Treating victims of the plague.
(b) He is a hospital administrator and Dr. Rieux's boss.
(c) Developing a more effective plague serum.
(d) Undertaking research about the rat population.
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Cottard's wife.
(b) Tarrou's journal.
(c) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(d) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
5. Why are many families not allowed to attend the funerals of loved ones?
(a) They are in quarantine.
(b) There are too many of them.
(c) They are not able achieve the strict dress code.
(d) It would be too upsetting for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
2. What is one result of the sealed city?
3. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
4. How are people coping as the plague continues?
5. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)