|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
(b) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(c) He left college and took a boring job.
(d) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) Carrier pigeons.
(b) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
(c) Mobile phones.
3. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) They have no transport.
(b) They die before they can get to hospital.
(c) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(d) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
4. To what does Tarrou compare lawyers and judges?
(a) The plague.
(d) The elders of the Church.
5. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) They are careless.
(b) They are rebelling against the church.
(c) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
(d) It's a response to harsh new laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
2. Who does Rieux confide in?
3. What is the prime factor in his decision?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)