|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(c) The plague itself.
(d) The Oran water supply.
2. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(b) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
(c) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(d) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
3. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) There is a hurricane.
(b) The weather is unchanged.
(c) There is snow.
(d) There is a heatwave.
4. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
(a) Dr. Rieux.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(d) M. Grand.
5. To what does Tarrou compare lawyers and judges?
(a) The elders of the Church.
(d) The plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is now possible for Rambert?
2. Who questions Cottard?
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
4. What is Rieux's opinion about the case?
5. In what city is the story set?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)