|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are people coping as the plague continues?
(a) They become indifferent to what is happening to them.
(b) They are full of fear and drink to excess.
(c) They become very religious and attend Mass evry day.
(d) They are in despair and suicides are frequent.
2. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Writing a novel.
(c) Counting rats.
(d) Counting dried peas.
3. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) The lines have been congested.
(c) Because there is only one line available.
(d) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
4. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He makes a speech on the radio.
(b) He calls a meeting.
(c) He leaves the city.
(d) He makes the proclamation of plague.
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A railway worker.
(b) A government official.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
3. An unusual thing about the city is that:
4. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
5. What is M. Grand's job?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)