|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joseph Grand?
(a) He is a Masonic Grand Master.
(b) He is Cottard's neighbor.
(c) He is Dr. Rieux's neighbor.
(d) He is M. Tarrou's neighbor.
2. What is Dr. Castel's work?
(a) Undertaking research about the rat population.
(b) Treating victims of the plague.
(c) He is a hospital administrator and Dr. Rieux's boss.
(d) Developing a more effective plague serum.
3. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
(b) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
(c) People are indifferent, uninterested.
(d) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
4. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
(a) The pay is high.
(b) People are public-spirited and feel an obligation.
(c) They get free uniforms.
(d) They like the outdoors and exercise.
5. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He left college and took a boring job.
(b) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(c) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
(d) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
2. Who makes the order to close the town?
3. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
4. In what country is the story set?
5. What has Dr. Castel achieved?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)