|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He believes the ideas are sound.
(b) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(c) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(d) He does not believe in collective punishment.
2. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he is neglectful of his children.
(b) That he cannot control his children.
(c) That he is very demanding and controlling.
(d) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
3. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
(a) That they laugh at the plague.
(b) That everyone laughs, especially drunks.
(c) That nobody laughs, except drunks.
(d) That they are more tolerant of drunks.
4. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
(a) His mother.
(c) His wife.
5. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(b) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(c) In newspapers and on posters.
(d) In cinema advertisements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
2. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
3. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
4. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
5. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)