|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Castel's work?
(a) Undertaking research about the rat population.
(b) Developing a more effective plague serum.
(c) Treating victims of the plague.
(d) He is a hospital administrator and Dr. Rieux's boss.
2. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Jesuit.
(b) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
(c) He is a Dominican.
(d) He is a Franciscan.
3. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(b) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's wife.
4. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They have no new films to show.
(b) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(c) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(d) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
5. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) Carrier pigeons.
(b) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
(d) Mobile phones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
3. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
4. What action does the Prefect take?
5. Where do notices about the disease appear?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)