|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He cannot file the news story.
(b) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(c) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(d) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
2. What is Rieux's opinion about the case?
(a) That it is hopeless.
(b) That it is mild.
(c) That the boy is malingering.
(d) That the boy has a good chance of recovery.
3. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) God is love.
(b) People smoke and drink too much.
(c) God no longer cares about humanity.
(d) God has sent the plague to force people to repent.
4. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Jesuit.
(b) He is a Franciscan.
(c) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
(d) He is a Dominican.
5. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(b) In newspapers and on posters.
(c) In cinema advertisements.
(d) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
2. What causes panic in the town?
3. Tarrou's opinion of Grand is:
4. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
5. In what country is the story set?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)