|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
(b) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(c) He left college and took a boring job.
(d) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
2. Which trio of men develop a close friendship?
(a) Rieux, Tarrou and Grand.
(b) Rieux, Fr, Paneloux and Rambert
(c) Tarrou, Othon and Cottard.
(d) Cottard, Rieux and Cottard.
3. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Love for a woman.
(c) Fear of the plague.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
4. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He is not a believer.
(b) He is open to being converted.
(c) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(d) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
5. What was Tarrou's father's occupation?
(a) He was an undertaker.
(b) He was a prosecuting attorney.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a concert pianist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
2. How does the city government respond to looting?
3. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
4. How did Tarrou respond to his father's court performance?
5. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)