|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) M. Cottard.
2. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) On television.
(b) By reading the newspapers.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) Via radio broadcasts.
3. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) There is a heatwave.
(b) The weather is unchanged.
(c) There is a hurricane.
(d) There is snow.
4. Which trio of men develop a close friendship?
(a) Cottard, Rieux and Cottard.
(b) Rieux, Fr, Paneloux and Rambert
(c) Tarrou, Othon and Cottard.
(d) Rieux, Tarrou and Grand.
5. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
(a) People are public-spirited and feel an obligation.
(b) The pay is high.
(c) They get free uniforms.
(d) They like the outdoors and exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
2. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
3. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
4. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
5. What causes panic in the town?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)