|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
(a) Both are indifferent to the world.
(b) Both are jubilant.
(c) Both are despondent.
(d) Both are cynical.
2. How does the city government respond to looting?
(a) Martial law and a curfew are imposed.
(b) All police leave is cancelled.
(c) Martial law is imposed and shops are boarded up at night.
(d) Looters are shot on sight.
3. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) The weather is unchanged.
(b) There is snow.
(c) There is a hurricane.
(d) There is a heatwave.
4. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People panic.
(b) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
(c) People couldn't care less.
(d) People go back to work.
5. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
(b) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
(c) He left college and took a boring job.
(d) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
4. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
5. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)