|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People couldn't care less.
(b) People panic.
(c) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
(d) People go back to work.
2. What additional friendship has Tarrou made?
(b) With Rambert.
(c) With Fr Paneloux.With the Prefect.
(d) With Cottard.
3. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
(a) People reject it completely and become angry.
(b) It's an enthusiastic reaction.
(c) It's a mixed reaction.
(d) People are very much in agreement.
4. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In newspapers and on posters.
(b) In cinema advertisements.
(c) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(d) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
5. Why are individual burials dispensed with?
(a) The death rate is too high to keep pace.
(b) The gravediggers are threatening to go on strike.
(c) People cannot afford expensive funerals.
(d) The cemetery is full.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
2. What important information is given in the notices?
3. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
4. How is the city situated geographically?
5. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)