|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
(a) Volunteering to assist in the fight against the plague.
(b) Smuggling. (Profiteering from the plague.)
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Running guns to Mardeilles.
2. How does the city government respond to looting?
(a) Martial law is imposed and shops are boarded up at night.
(b) All police leave is cancelled.
(c) Martial law and a curfew are imposed.
(d) Looters are shot on sight.
3. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
(a) Both are indifferent to the world.
(b) Both are cynical.
(c) Both are jubilant.
(d) Both are despondent.
4. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
(a) To provide funding for treating plague victims.
(b) To write to the local authorities about the rats.
(c) To write a journal documenting the plague.
(d) To write to his wife for him.
5. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
(a) Taken to a new cemetery in the desert.
(b) Mass burial.
(d) Burial at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do notices about the disease appear?
2. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
3. How are people coping as the plague continues?
4. What is now possible for Rambert?
5. What is M. Grand's job?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)