|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He makes a speech on the radio.
(b) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(c) He leaves the city.
(d) He calls a meeting.
2. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
(a) They get free uniforms.
(b) They like the outdoors and exercise.
(c) People are public-spirited and feel an obligation.
(d) The pay is high.
3. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) Fr Paneloux.
(b) A firebrand Dominican priest.
(c) Cardinal Richelieu.
(d) The Bishop of Marseilles.
4. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(b) The Oran water supply.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) The plague itself.
5. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(b) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(c) He cannot file the news story.
(d) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
2. An unusual thing about the city is that:
3. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
4. What additional friendship has Tarrou made?
5. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)