|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grand reveal?
(a) That he is writing a novel.
(b) That he is in disguise.
(c) That he has a secret girlfriend.
(d) That he wrote the sermon.
2. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(b) It is the middle of a plateau.
(c) It is close to a plateau.
(d) It is dominated by mountains.
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(d) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
4. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
(b) That he cannot control his children.
(c) That he is neglectful of his children.
(d) That he is very demanding and controlling.
5. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They are not high enough and people escape.
(b) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(c) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(d) They cannot be closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
2. How does the city government respond to looting?
3. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
4. Who makes the order to close the town?
5. Who does Rieux confide in?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)