|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People panic.
(b) People go back to work.
(c) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
(d) People couldn't care less.
2. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
(a) That human beings can cope quite well in isolation.
(b) That we should accept musery.
(c) That plague is incurable.
(d) That isolation increases human misery.
3. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(b) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(c) Human infallibility.
(d) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
5. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) They have no transport.
(b) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(c) They die before they can get to hospital.
(d) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era is the story set?
2. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
3. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
5. What action does the Prefect take?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)