|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
(a) Mass burial.
(b) Taken to a new cemetery in the desert.
(d) Burial at sea.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(b) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(c) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
3. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(b) Needs better design.
(d) Exciting and vibrant.
4. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
(a) Organising a Week of Sacrifice.
(b) Organising a Week of Prayer.
(c) Disinfecting the streets.
(d) Inoculating the population.
5. This chapter focuses on which character in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
3. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
4. In his struggle of conscience, who does Rambert resemble?
5. What is M. Grand's job?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)