|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the city government respond to looting?
(a) All police leave is cancelled.
(b) Martial law and a curfew are imposed.
(c) Martial law is imposed and shops are boarded up at night.
(d) Looters are shot on sight.
2. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
(a) He's a noted church organist.
(b) He's a skilled counsellor.
(c) He's an expert on ancient inscriptions.
(d) He's famous for his sermons.
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(d) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
4. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(b) It has no native plants or animals.
(c) Everybody has a garden.
(d) It has abundant water.
5. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
2. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
3. In what important way has the plague changed?
4. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
5. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)