|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
(b) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
(c) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
(d) It has become much more severe.
2. Who does Rieux confide in?
(a) His mother.
(c) Fr Paneloux
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is asthma.
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(b) He can do nothing.
(c) He injects them with penicillin.
(d) He lances and drains the abscesses.
5. What has Dr. Castel achieved?
(a) He has inoculated more people than Dr. Rieux.
(b) He has isolated the plague bacillus for the first time.
(c) He has brokered a deal with France to manufacture serum.
(d) He has produced a serum suitable for local conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
2. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
3. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
4. What is Rieux worried about?
5. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)