|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Get rid of all rats.
(b) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(c) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(d) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
2. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(b) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(c) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(d) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
3. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) The police inspector.
(d) Cardinal Richelieu.
4. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They are not high enough and people escape.
(b) They cannot be closed.
(c) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(d) They were closed before the announcement was made.
5. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) The number of plague victims decreases.
(b) The rain refreshes everyone.
(c) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(d) Rats are washed into the water supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
2. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
3. Where do notices about the disease appear?
4. An unusual thing about the city is that:
5. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)