|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
(a) It is the wrong sort.
(b) It is inadequate for needs.
(c) It has been accidentally destroyed in transit.
(d) It has been contaminated.
2. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
(a) Civil disobedience, sabotage and direct action.
(c) Argument and sabotage.
(d) Argument and direct action.
3. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He is not a believer.
(b) He is open to being converted.
(c) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(d) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
4. What is one result of the sealed city?
(a) The Prefect has a feeling of great power.
(b) People are more likely to recover from plague.
(c) People are cut off from loved ones.
(d) People are more likely to get plague.
5. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the people will panic.
(b) That the disease will affect his wife.
(c) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(d) That the trains will stop running.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
2. What does Grand reveal?
3. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
4. What is M. Grand's job?
5. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)