|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A silent grief.'
(b) 'A grief observed.'
(c) 'A secret grief.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
2. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
(a) He believes they are more selfish than he is.
(b) He beieves they are more good than bad.
(c) He believes they are more bad than good.
(d) He believes they lack courage.
3. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To interview the polic magistrate.
(b) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(c) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(d) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
4. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Cottard's wife.
(b) Tarrou's journal.
(c) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(d) Cottard's suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
2. What is the prime factor in his decision?
3. What is at the core of Rambert's problem?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)