|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
(b) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
(c) That he is profiteering from the plague.
(d) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
2. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
(a) He cannot find the time.
(b) The authorities will not allow him to do this.
(c) He cannot find his application form.
(d) He cannot find the right words.
3. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its geography.
(c) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
4. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
(b) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
(c) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(d) He left college and took a boring job.
5. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(b) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(c) Cottard's predicament.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decison does Rambert make?
2. An unusual thing about the city is that:
3. What does Grand reveal?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. Who is Joseph Grand?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)