|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) Cardinal Richelieu.
(b) M. Tarrou.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) The police inspector.
2. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He is encouraging.
(b) He has mixed emotions.
(c) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(d) He advises against the plans.
3. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
(b) That he cannot control his children.
(c) That he is very demanding and controlling.
(d) That he is neglectful of his children.
4. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Love for a woman.
(c) Fear he will lose his job.
(d) Fear of the plague.
5. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) Fr Paneloux.
(b) A firebrand Dominican priest.
(c) Cardinal Richelieu.
(d) The Bishop of Marseilles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grand reveal?
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
3. The narrator tells us that the city is:
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
5. Who questions Cottard?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)