|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Sending telegrams.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Writing or receiving letters.
(d) Kissing and embracing in the street.
2. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) On television.
(b) Via radio broadcasts.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) By reading the newspapers.
3. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
(a) That plague is incurable.
(b) That human beings can cope quite well in isolation.
(c) That we should accept musery.
(d) That isolation increases human misery.
4. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has bubolic plague.
(b) He is bedridden with asthma.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He is bedridden with cancer.
5. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(b) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(c) They are not high enough and people escape.
(d) They cannot be closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
2. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
3. What does Grand reveal?
4. What is one result of the sealed city?
5. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)