|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) The number of plague victims decreases.
(b) The rain refreshes everyone.
(c) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(d) Rats are washed into the water supply.
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
(b) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(c) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
(d) He left college and took a boring job.
3. What is at the core of Rambert's problem?
(a) A struggle between doing the right thing or chasing his own happiness.
(b) A fear that his wife will divorce him.
(c) He is afraid of making decisions.
(d) He knows money can buy happiness but to get it, he'd have to steal.
4. In his struggle of conscience, who does Rambert resemble?
(a) Dr. Castel
(b) The author, Albert Camus.
(c) Fr Paneloux
(d) Dr. Rieux
5. What is the prime factor in his decision?
(a) His conscience.
(b) Dr. Rieux's support.
(c) His love.
(d) His finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one result of the sealed city?
2. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
3. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
4. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
5. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)