|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rieux confide in?
(a) His mother.
(b) Fr Paneloux
2. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) The chief of police.
(d) Mme. de Valois.
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
4. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) There is a heatwave.
(b) The weather is unchanged.
(c) There is a hurricane.
(d) There is snow.
5. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(c) He cannot file the news story.
(d) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are many families not allowed to attend the funerals of loved ones?
2. What causes panic in the town?
3. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
4. What sort of communication is forbidden?
5. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)