|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its geography.
(c) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
2. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
(a) That they laugh at the plague.
(b) That nobody laughs, except drunks.
(c) That they are more tolerant of drunks.
(d) That everyone laughs, especially drunks.
3. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Love for a woman.
(c) Fear of the plague.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
4. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
(a) He's an expert on ancient inscriptions.
(b) He's famous for his sermons.
(c) He's a noted church organist.
(d) He's a skilled counsellor.
5. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That he is profiteering from the plague.
(b) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
(c) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
(d) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are many families not allowed to attend the funerals of loved ones?
2. Tarrou's opinion of Grand is:
3. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
4. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)