|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decison does Rambert make?
(a) To escape and return to his wife.
(b) To buy a new apartment with a view over the bay.
(c) To smuggle medicines into Oran.
(d) He decides to stay and help to fight the plague.
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) Cottard's predicament.
(c) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(d) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
3. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
(a) Organising a Week of Prayer.
(b) Inoculating the population.
(c) Organising a Week of Sacrifice.
(d) Disinfecting the streets.
4. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
(a) It's an enthusiastic reaction.
(b) It's a mixed reaction.
(c) People reject it completely and become angry.
(d) People are very much in agreement.
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its cure.
(b) Its history.
(c) Its treatment.
(d) Its future.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
2. The narrator tells us that the city is:
3. In what city is the story set?
4. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
5. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)