|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) Because there is only one line available.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
2. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(b) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(c) He leads an adventurous life.
(d) He has solved a great mystery.
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Fr. Pertelote
(b) M. Grand.
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
4. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) M. Cottard.
5. What is at the core of Rambert's problem?
(a) A struggle between doing the right thing or chasing his own happiness.
(b) He knows money can buy happiness but to get it, he'd have to steal.
(c) A fear that his wife will divorce him.
(d) He is afraid of making decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
3. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
4. The narrator tells us that the city is:
5. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)