|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creative problem does Grand have?
(a) He can't do any research because of the plague.
(b) He is stuck on the first sentence.
(c) He is having trouble with creating an antagonist.
(d) He is stuck on page 6.
2. What causes panic in the town?
(a) A possible attack from Germany.
(b) The plague of rats.
(c) The number of rat deaths.
(d) The number of people dying from plague.
3. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
(a) It's an enthusiastic reaction.
(b) It's a mixed reaction.
(c) People are very much in agreement.
(d) People reject it completely and become angry.
4. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
(a) Both are cynical.
(b) Both are jubilant.
(c) Both are despondent.
(d) Both are indifferent to the world.
5. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(a) None. All have died.
(b) Everone has recovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
2. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
3. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
4. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
5. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)