|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
(c) Carrier pigeons.
(d) Mobile phones.
2. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(b) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(c) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(d) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
3. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(b) Cottard's wife.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(b) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(c) To interview the polic magistrate.
(d) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
5. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In newspapers and on posters.
(b) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(c) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(d) In cinema advertisements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
2. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
3. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
4. This chapter focuses on which character in the novel?
5. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)