|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A delayed grief.'
(b) 'A silent grief.'
(c) 'A secret grief.'
(d) 'A grief observed.'
2. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he doesn't speak English.
(b) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(c) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(d) Because he has terrible handwriting.
3. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) People smoke and drink too much.
(b) God no longer cares about humanity.
(c) God is love.
(d) God has sent the plague to force people to repent.
4. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He is bedridden with cancer.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He has bubolic plague.
(d) He is bedridden with asthma.
5. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To interview the polic magistrate.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(d) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
3. Who is the first victim of the plague?
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
5. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)