|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They are not high enough and people escape.
(b) They cannot be closed.
(c) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(d) They were closed before the announcement was made.
2. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(b) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
(c) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(d) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
3. In what country is the story set?
4. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Aran.
(b) The city of Casablanca.
(c) The city of Algiers.
(d) The city of Oran.
5. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
(a) Both are despondent.
(b) Both are jubilant.
(c) Both are cynical.
(d) Both are indifferent to the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
2. What causes panic in the town?
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
4. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
5. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)