|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) A railway porter.
(c) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(d) The Spaniard.
2. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
3. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(b) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
(c) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(d) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
4. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(b) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(d) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
5. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(b) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(c) Because he has terrible handwriting.
(d) Because he doesn't speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the story set?
2. Who questions Cottard?
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
4. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)