|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(b) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(c) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(d) Get rid of all rats.
2. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(b) It has abundant water.
(c) Everybody has a garden.
(d) It has no native plants or animals.
3. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) The plague itself.
(d) The Oran water supply.
4. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
(a) People reject it completely and become angry.
(b) It's a mixed reaction.
(c) People are very much in agreement.
(d) It's an enthusiastic reaction.
5. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(b) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(c) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(d) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this information to be found?
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
3. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
4. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
5. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)