|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(a) Needs better design.
(d) Exciting and vibrant.
2. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
(b) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(d) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(c) He cannot file the news story.
(d) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
5. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
(a) A planned escape from Oran.
(b) Communication with the outside world.
(c) A spouse
(d) Public health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creative problem does Grand have?
2. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
3. What causes panic in the town?
4. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
5. What important information is given in the notices?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)