|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(b) In newspapers and on posters.
(c) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(d) In cinema advertisements.
2. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They have no new films to show.
(b) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(c) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(d) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
3. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
(a) Two other doctors.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A judge and a second doctor.
4. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(b) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Get rid of all rats.
5. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
(a) There is an open forum where people can debate the issues.
(b) There is violence and many people try to escape.
(c) People line up to volunteer to help their fellow citizens.
(d) There are huge numbers of letters to the editor of the local paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph Grand?
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
3. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
4. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
5. What is Rieux worried about?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)