|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(b) In cinema advertisements.
(c) In newspapers and on posters.
(d) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
2. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(b) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(c) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
3. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has bubolic plague.
(b) He is bedridden with cancer.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He is bedridden with asthma.
4. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will affect his wife.
(b) That the people will panic.
(c) That the trains will stop running.
(d) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
5. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(b) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(c) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(d) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
3. What is M. Grand's job?
4. An unusual thing about the city is that:
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)