|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A delayed grief.'
(b) 'A secret grief.'
(c) 'A silent grief.'
(d) 'A grief observed.'
2. Who is Joseph Grand?
(a) He is M. Tarrou's neighbor.
(b) He is Cottard's neighbor.
(c) He is Dr. Rieux's neighbor.
(d) He is a Masonic Grand Master.
3. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(b) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(c) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(d) They have no new films to show.
4. In what country is the story set?
5. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The plague itself.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(d) The Oran water supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
2. Who is the first victim of the plague?
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
4. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
5. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)