|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(b) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(c) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(d) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
2. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) People are indifferent, uninterested.
(b) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
(c) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
(d) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) Cottard's predicament.
(c) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(d) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
4. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He leaves the city.
(b) He calls a meeting.
(c) He makes a speech on the radio.
(d) He makes the proclamation of plague.
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) Fr. Pertelote
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this information to be found?
2. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
3. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
4. In what city is the story set?
5. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)