|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(c) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its geography.
(b) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(c) Its use as a biological weapon.
(d) Its power.
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He cannot file the news story.
(c) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(d) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
4. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The Oran water supply.
(b) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(c) The plague itself.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
5. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(c) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(d) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
4. This chapter focuses on which character in the novel?
5. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)