|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
(c) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(d) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
2. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting rats.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Counting dried peas.
3. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
(a) There is violence and many people try to escape.
(b) There is an open forum where people can debate the issues.
(c) People line up to volunteer to help their fellow citizens.
(d) There are huge numbers of letters to the editor of the local paper.
4. Which method is successful for the character in attaining the goal?
(a) Rational argument.
(b) Civil disobedience.
(c) None. He fails.
5. This chapter focuses on which character in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
2. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
4. How is the city situated geographically?
5. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)