|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A grief observed.'
(b) 'A secret grief.'
(c) 'A delayed grief.'
(d) 'A silent grief.'
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(b) None. All have died.
(c) Everone has recovered.
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(b) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(c) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(d) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
4. In what country is the story set?
5. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(b) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(c) He injects them with penicillin.
(d) He can do nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
2. How is the city situated geographically?
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
4. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
5. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)