|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is close to a plateau.
(b) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(c) It is the middle of a plateau.
(d) It is dominated by mountains.
2. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Jesuit.
(b) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
(c) He is a Dominican.
(d) He is a Franciscan.
3. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(b) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
(c) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(d) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
4. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
(a) Organising a Week of Prayer.
(b) Disinfecting the streets.
(c) Organising a Week of Sacrifice.
(d) Inoculating the population.
5. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
(a) Both are jubilant.
(b) Both are cynical.
(c) Both are indifferent to the world.
(d) Both are despondent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
2. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
3. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
4. In what era is the story set?
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)