|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They are not high enough and people escape.
(b) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(c) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(d) They cannot be closed.
2. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) People are indifferent, uninterested.
(b) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
(c) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
(d) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) Fr. Pertelote
(d) M. Grand.
4. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Oran.
(b) The city of Aran.
(c) The city of Casablanca.
(d) The city of Algiers.
5. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People panic.
(b) People couldn't care less.
(c) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
(d) People go back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
3. In what way is the character similar emotionally to the townspeople?
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
5. What causes panic in the town?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)