|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point is Camus making through this chapter?
(a) That isolation increases human misery.
(b) That human beings can cope quite well in isolation.
(c) That plague is incurable.
(d) That we should accept musery.
2. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) People are indifferent, uninterested.
(b) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
(c) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
(d) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
3. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(b) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(c) They cannot be closed.
(d) They are not high enough and people escape.
4. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Oran.
(b) The city of Aran.
(c) The city of Algiers.
(d) The city of Casablanca.
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(b) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes panic in the town?
2. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
4. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)