|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(b) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(c) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(d) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
2. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The number of rat deaths.
(b) A possible attack from Germany.
(c) The number of people dying from plague.
(d) The plague of rats.
3. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) The Oran water supply.
(d) The plague itself.
4. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It has no native plants or animals.
(b) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(c) Everybody has a garden.
(d) It has abundant water.
5. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He left college and took a boring job.
(b) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(c) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
(d) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
2. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
3. In what city is the story set?
4. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
5. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)