|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(b) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(c) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(d) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
2. Who is Joseph Grand?
(a) He is M. Tarrou's neighbor.
(b) He is Dr. Rieux's neighbor.
(c) He is Cottard's neighbor.
(d) He is a Masonic Grand Master.
3. What is one result of the sealed city?
(a) The Prefect has a feeling of great power.
(b) People are cut off from loved ones.
(c) People are more likely to get plague.
(d) People are more likely to recover from plague.
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A judge and a second doctor.
(d) Two other doctors.
5. In what era is the story set?
(a) 1940s during World War II.
(b) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(c) During the French Revolution.
(d) 1916, during World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
2. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
3. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
4. In what country is the story set?
5. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)