|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Tarrou's journal.
(b) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(c) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(d) Cottard's wife.
2. In what country is the story set?
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) The police inspector.
(c) A public health official.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
4. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They are not high enough and people escape.
(b) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(c) They cannot be closed.
(d) They were closed too late to make a difference.
5. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(b) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
(c) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(d) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
2. What is one result of the sealed city?
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
4. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)