|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The plague itself.
(b) The Oran water supply.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
2. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) The Prefect.
(b) M. Othon.
(c) Dr. Rieux.
(d) The French President.
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(b) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(c) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(d) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
4. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Jesuit.
(b) He is a Dominican.
(c) He is a Franciscan.
(d) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
5. In what era is the story set?
(a) 1940s during World War II.
(b) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(c) 1916, during World War I.
(d) During the French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
2. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
3. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
4. What important meeting takes place?
5. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)