|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting rats.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Counting dried peas.
2. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) M. Cottard.
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Get rid of all rats.
(b) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Avoid panicking the citizens.
4. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Algiers.
(b) The city of Oran.
(c) The city of Aran.
(d) The city of Casablanca.
5. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(b) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
(c) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(d) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one result of the sealed city?
2. What sort of communication is forbidden?
3. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
5. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)