|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) God is love.
(b) People smoke and drink too much.
(c) God has sent the plague to force people to repent.
(d) God no longer cares about humanity.
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He can do nothing.
(b) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(c) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(d) He injects them with penicillin.
3. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) The concierge.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) Mrs Rieux.
4. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(b) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(c) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(d) He cannot file the news story.
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(b) A government official.
(c) A railway worker.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
2. Who is Joseph Grand?
3. In what city is the story set?
4. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
5. What causes panic in the town?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)