|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(b) Because he doesn't speak English.
(c) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(d) Because he has terrible handwriting.
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(b) Tarrou's journal.
(c) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(d) Cottard's wife.
3. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They cannot be closed.
(b) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(c) They are not high enough and people escape.
(d) They were closed too late to make a difference.
4. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has solved a great mystery.
(b) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(c) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(d) He leads an adventurous life.
5. Where is this information to be found?
(a) On walls, as graffiti.
(b) On walls, as in public notices.
(c) In Tarrou's journal.
(d) In the newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
2. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
3. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
4. The narrator tells us that the city is:
5. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)