|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He cannot file the news story.
(b) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(c) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(d) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
2. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(b) He calls a meeting.
(c) He leaves the city.
(d) He makes a speech on the radio.
3. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
(a) Disinfecting the streets.
(b) Organising a Week of Prayer.
(c) Organising a Week of Sacrifice.
(d) Inoculating the population.
4. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) The chief of police.
(c) Mme. de Valois.
(d) M. Tarrou.
5. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
(a) To write a journal documenting the plague.
(b) To write to his wife for him.
(c) To write to the local authorities about the rats.
(d) To provide funding for treating plague victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
2. How is the city situated geographically?
3. What important meeting takes place?
4. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
5. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)