|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is M. Grand's job?
(a) He is a bank manager.
(b) He is a clerk at the hospital.
(c) He is a clerk in the Municipal Office.
(d) He is Manager at the Municipal Office.
2. Who questions Cottard?
(a) A public health official.
(b) The police inspector.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
3. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(b) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(c) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(d) They have no new films to show.
4. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) Because there is only one line available.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) The concierge.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) Mrs Rieux.
(d) M. Othon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
2. In what country is the story set?
3. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
4. What sort of communication is forbidden?
5. What is the main message of the closing sermon at High Mass?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)