|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He leads an adventurous life.
(b) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(c) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(d) He has solved a great mystery.
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Cottard's predicament.
(b) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(c) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
3. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(b) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(c) Because he has terrible handwriting.
(d) Because he doesn't speak English.
4. What is one result of the sealed city?
(a) People are more likely to get plague.
(b) People are cut off from loved ones.
(c) The Prefect has a feeling of great power.
(d) People are more likely to recover from plague.
5. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(d) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes panic in the town?
2. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
3. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
4. What important information is given in the notices?
5. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)