|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one result of the sealed city?
(a) People are more likely to get plague.
(b) The Prefect has a feeling of great power.
(c) People are more likely to recover from plague.
(d) People are cut off from loved ones.
2. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(b) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
(c) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(d) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
3. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(b) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(c) Human infallibility.
(d) Humans' inability to accept reality.
4. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
5. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(b) A railway porter.
(c) The Spaniard.
(d) M. Cottard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph Grand?
2. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
4. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
5. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)