|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fr Paneloux's special area of expertise?
(a) He's a skilled counsellor.
(b) He's an expert on ancient inscriptions.
(c) He's a noted church organist.
(d) He's famous for his sermons.
2. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) The concierge.
(b) M. Othon.
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Mrs Rieux.
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Get rid of all rats.
(b) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Avoid panicking the citizens.
4. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has solved a great mystery.
(b) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(c) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(d) He leads an adventurous life.
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is asthma.
(b) He thinks it is plague.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
2. What action does the Prefect take?
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
5. What is Rieux worried about?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)