|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has tuberculosis.
(b) He is bedridden with asthma.
(c) He is bedridden with cancer.
(d) He has bubolic plague.
2. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(b) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(c) He leads an adventurous life.
(d) He has solved a great mystery.
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) M. Tarrou.
(c) A public health official.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
4. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Casablanca.
(b) The city of Aran.
(c) The city of Algiers.
(d) The city of Oran.
5. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(c) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(d) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
2. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
3. Who makes the order to close the town?
4. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
5. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)