|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He injects them with penicillin.
(b) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(c) He can do nothing.
(d) He lances and drains the abscesses.
2. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(c) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(d) Extreme thirst.
3. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A government official.
(b) A railway worker.
(c) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(d) A journalist.
4. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
(a) They resist it, but it happens anyway.
(b) There is heavy attendance at Mass.
(c) Some people attend Mass, but most party on.
(d) People are indifferent, uninterested.
5. Where is this information to be found?
(a) In Tarrou's journal.
(b) In the newspapers.
(c) On walls, as in public notices.
(d) On walls, as graffiti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
3. What is Rieux worried about?
4. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)