|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the story set?
2. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) They have no transport.
(b) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(c) They die before they can get to hospital.
(d) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
3. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) A railway porter.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(d) The Spaniard.
5. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(b) It is the middle of a plateau.
(c) It is close to a plateau.
(d) It is dominated by mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
2. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
3. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
4. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
5. What important meeting takes place?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)