|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(b) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(c) They have no new films to show.
(d) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its geography.
(b) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(c) Its power.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
3. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) Mobile phones.
(b) Carrier pigeons.
(d) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
4. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has solved a great mystery.
(b) He leads an adventurous life.
(c) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(d) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
5. Who is Joseph Grand?
(a) He is a Masonic Grand Master.
(b) He is Cottard's neighbor.
(c) He is Dr. Rieux's neighbor.
(d) He is M. Tarrou's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
3. Who questions Cottard?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)