|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(b) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(c) Human infallibility.
(d) Human prejudice and warmongering.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(b) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(c) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
3. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(c) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(d) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
4. What causes panic in the town?
(a) A possible attack from Germany.
(b) The plague of rats.
(c) The number of rat deaths.
(d) The number of people dying from plague.
5. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(b) He leaves the city.
(c) He makes a speech on the radio.
(d) He calls a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
2. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
3. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
4. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
5. What important meeting takes place?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)