|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(b) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
(c) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(d) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
(b) Mobile phones.
(c) Carrier pigeons.
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) Fr. Pertelote
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Dr Rieux.
4. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
(a) Inoculating the population.
(b) Organising a Week of Prayer.
(c) Disinfecting the streets.
(d) Organising a Week of Sacrifice.
5. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(b) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(c) Because he doesn't speak English.
(d) Because he has terrible handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)