|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Cottard?
(a) A public health official.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) The police inspector.
(d) M. Tarrou.
2. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Sending telegrams.
(d) Writing or receiving letters.
3. In what era is the story set?
(a) During the French Revolution.
(b) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(c) 1940s during World War II.
(d) 1916, during World War I.
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Writing a novel.
(c) Counting dried peas.
(d) Counting rats.
5. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(b) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the city situated geographically?
2. The narrator tells us that the city is:
3. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
5. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)