|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(c) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
(d) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
2. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has solved a great mystery.
(b) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(c) He leads an adventurous life.
(d) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
3. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It has no native plants or animals.
(b) It has abundant water.
(c) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(d) Everybody has a garden.
4. Who preaches the closing sermon at High Mass?
(a) Cardinal Richelieu.
(b) A firebrand Dominican priest.
(c) The Bishop of Marseilles.
(d) Fr Paneloux.
5. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(b) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(c) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(d) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do notices about the disease appear?
2. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
3. Who questions Cottard?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)