|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) The concierge.
(b) Mrs Rieux.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) Dr Rieux.
2. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(b) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
(d) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
3. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Sending telegrams.
(b) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(c) Writing or receiving letters.
(d) Making audio tapes.
4. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(c) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(d) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
5. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(b) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(c) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(d) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
2. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
5. What is the town's response to the Week of Prayer?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)