|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) M. Cottard.
2. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
3. Who is Joseph Grand?
(a) He is Dr. Rieux's neighbor.
(b) He is a Masonic Grand Master.
(c) He is Cottard's neighbor.
(d) He is M. Tarrou's neighbor.
4. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A railway worker.
(b) A government official.
(c) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(d) A journalist.
5. What is M. Grand's job?
(a) He is a bank manager.
(b) He is a clerk in the Municipal Office.
(c) He is Manager at the Municipal Office.
(d) He is a clerk at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of communication is forbidden?
2. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
3. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)