|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The number of rat deaths.
(b) The plague of rats.
(c) The number of people dying from plague.
(d) A possible attack from Germany.
2. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) The concierge.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) Mrs Rieux.
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
4. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(b) He leads an adventurous life.
(c) He has solved a great mystery.
(d) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
5. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(b) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(c) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(d) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
2. Who questions Cottard?
3. In what era is the story set?
4. How is the city situated geographically?
5. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)