|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(a) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(d) Extreme thirst.
2. What is M. Grand's job?
(a) He is Manager at the Municipal Office.
(b) He is a clerk in the Municipal Office.
(c) He is a bank manager.
(d) He is a clerk at the hospital.
3. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Algiers.
(b) The city of Oran.
(c) The city of Casablanca.
(d) The city of Aran.
4. In what era is the story set?
(a) During the French Revolution.
(b) 1940s during World War II.
(c) 1916, during World War I.
(d) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Fr. Pertelote
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) M. Grand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
3. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
5. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)