|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) The Spaniard.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) A railway porter.
(d) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(b) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(c) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
3. Where is this information to be found?
(a) On walls, as graffiti.
(b) In the newspapers.
(c) In Tarrou's journal.
(d) On walls, as in public notices.
4. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(a) Everone has recovered.
(b) None. All have died.
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) M. Othon.
(c) The concierge.
(d) Mrs Rieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
3. Who is Jean Tarrou?
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
5. In what country is the story set?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)