|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(b) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(c) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(d) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(b) He thinks it is plague.
(c) He thinks it is asthma.
(d) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
3. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A government official.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(d) A railway worker.
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Tarrou's journal.
(b) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(c) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(d) Cottard's wife.
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(b) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
2. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
3. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
4. In what era is the story set?
5. In what country is the story set?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)