|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will affect his wife.
(b) That the trains will stop running.
(c) That the people will panic.
(d) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
2. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He is bedridden with cancer.
(b) He has bubolic plague.
(c) He is bedridden with asthma.
(d) He has tuberculosis.
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is asthma.
(b) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(c) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(d) He thinks it is plague.
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(b) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(c) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(d) The authorities fear a panic will result.
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(b) Cottard's wife.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
2. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
3. What important meeting takes place?
4. In what city is the story set?
5. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)