|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he doesn't speak English.
(b) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(c) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(d) Because he has terrible handwriting.
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
3. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has bubolic plague.
(b) He is bedridden with cancer.
(c) He is bedridden with asthma.
(d) He has tuberculosis.
4. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(b) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(c) Get rid of all rats.
(d) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
5. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has solved a great mystery.
(b) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(c) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(d) He leads an adventurous life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the story set?
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
3. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
4. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
5. What is M. Grand's job?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)