|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is asthma.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is plague.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(b) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(c) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(b) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(c) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(d) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human infallibility.
(b) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(c) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(d) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
5. What is M. Grand's job?
(a) He is a clerk in the Municipal Office.
(b) He is Manager at the Municipal Office.
(c) He is a bank manager.
(d) He is a clerk at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the story set?
2. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
3. Who is the first victim of the plague?
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)