|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(b) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(c) Cottard's wife.
(d) Tarrou's journal.
2. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Get rid of all rats.
(b) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(c) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(d) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting dried peas.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Counting rats.
4. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
(a) He cannot find the right words.
(b) He cannot find the time.
(c) The authorities will not allow him to do this.
(d) He cannot find his application form.
5. In what country is the story set?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator tells us that the city is:
2. Where is this information to be found?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
5. What causes panic in the town?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)