|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(b) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
3. In what country is the story set?
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human infallibility.
(b) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(c) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(d) Humans' inability to accept reality.
5. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He is bedridden with cancer.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He is bedridden with asthma.
(d) He has bubolic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the city situated geographically?
2. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
4. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
5. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)