|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(b) None. All have died.
(d) Everone has recovered.
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
3. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) A railway porter.
(d) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(b) Human infallibility.
(c) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(d) Humans' inability to accept reality.
5. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) The police inspector.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) Cardinal Richelieu.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the story set?
2. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
3. Who is Jean Tarrou?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. What is M. Grand's job?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)