|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(b) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(c) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(d) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(a) None. All have died.
(d) Everone has recovered.
3. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(b) That the disease will affect his wife.
(c) That the trains will stop running.
(d) That the people will panic.
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(b) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(c) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A railway worker.
(b) A government official.
(c) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
2. An unusual thing about the city is that:
3. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
4. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
5. Who is the first victim of the plague?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)