|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(b) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(c) A photograph of his wife.
(d) Cottard's predicament.
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A delayed grief.'
(b) 'A grief observed.'
(c) 'A silent grief.'
(d) 'A secret grief.'
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(b) Writing a novel.
(c) Counting rats.
(d) Counting dried peas.
4. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its future.
(b) Its history.
(c) Its treatment.
(d) Its cure.
5. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(b) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(c) To interview the polic magistrate.
(d) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
2. What is M. Grand's job?
3. Who is Jean Tarrou?
4. Who is Joseph Grand?
5. What important meeting takes place?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)