|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what era is the story set?
(a) 1916, during World War I.
(b) 1940s during World War II.
(c) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(d) During the French Revolution.
2. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) M. Grand.
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
3. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has tuberculosis.
(b) He is bedridden with asthma.
(c) He has bubolic plague.
(d) He is bedridden with cancer.
4. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is asthma.
(b) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(c) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(d) He thinks it is plague.
5. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Writing a novel.
(b) Counting dried peas.
(d) Counting rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
5. In what country is the story set?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)