|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A government official.
(c) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(d) A railway worker.
2. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The Oran water supply.
(b) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) The plague itself.
3. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) A railway porter.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is asthma.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
2. How is the city situated geographically?
3. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
4. What is Rieux worried about?
5. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)