|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(b) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(c) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(d) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
2. Where is this information to be found?
(a) In the newspapers.
(b) On walls, as in public notices.
(c) In Tarrou's journal.
(d) On walls, as graffiti.
3. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He can do nothing.
(b) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(c) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(d) He injects them with penicillin.
4. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(c) Cottard's predicament.
(d) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
5. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is dominated by mountains.
(b) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(c) It is close to a plateau.
(d) It is the middle of a plateau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
3. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
4. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)