|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(b) The plague itself.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) The Oran water supply.
2. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
(b) He has solved a great mystery.
(c) He leads an adventurous life.
(d) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(b) Cottard's predicament.
(c) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
4. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
(a) Cardinal Richelieu.
(b) M. Tarrou.
(c) The police inspector.
(d) M. Cottard.
5. Who questions Cottard?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) The police inspector.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) A public health official.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
2. Who is Joseph Grand?
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
4. What causes panic in the town?
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)