|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Cottard?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) A public health official.
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(b) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(c) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(d) Dr Rieux is panicking.
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(b) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(c) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(d) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
4. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It has no native plants or animals.
(b) It has abundant water.
(c) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(d) Everybody has a garden.
5. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(b) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(d) Extreme thirst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
2. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
3. The narrator tells us that the city is:
4. Why hasn't M. Grand been able to correct the mistake made about his promotion?
5. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)