|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(d) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He injects them with penicillin.
(b) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(c) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(d) He can do nothing.
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) Fr. Pertelote
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Dr Rieux.
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(b) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(c) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(d) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its future.
(b) Its treatment.
(c) Its cure.
(d) Its history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
4. Who is Jean Tarrou?
5. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)