|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(c) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(d) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
3. What is M. Grand's job?
(a) He is a clerk at the hospital.
(b) He is a clerk in the Municipal Office.
(c) He is a bank manager.
(d) He is Manager at the Municipal Office.
4. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the trains will stop running.
(b) That the disease will affect his wife.
(c) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(d) That the people will panic.
5. Where is this information to be found?
(a) In the newspapers.
(b) On walls, as in public notices.
(c) In Tarrou's journal.
(d) On walls, as graffiti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
2. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
3. The narrator tells us that the city is:
4. In what city is the story set?
5. Who is Joseph Grand?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)