|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A silent grief.'
(b) 'A delayed grief.'
(c) 'A grief observed.'
(d) 'A secret grief.'
2. In what era is the story set?
(a) 1916, during World War I.
(b) During the French Revolution.
(c) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(d) 1940s during World War II.
3. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It has abundant water.
(b) Everybody has a garden.
(c) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(d) It has no native plants or animals.
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting rats.
(c) Counting dried peas.
(d) Writing a novel.
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(b) A government official.
(c) A railway worker.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator tells us that the city is:
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. In what city is the story set?
4. How is the city situated geographically?
5. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)