|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(b) Because he has terrible handwriting.
(c) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(d) Because he doesn't speak English.
2. Where is this information to be found?
(a) On walls, as in public notices.
(b) In Tarrou's journal.
(c) On walls, as graffiti.
(d) In the newspapers.
3. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(b) The plague itself.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) The Oran water supply.
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(b) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(c) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(d) Dr Rieux is panicking.
5. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is the middle of a plateau.
(b) It is dominated by mountains.
(c) It is close to a plateau.
(d) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
2. Who questions Cottard?
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)