|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(b) A journalist.
(c) A government official.
(d) A railway worker.
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(b) Cottard's wife.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's suicide attempt.
3. In what country is the story set?
4. Who questions Cottard?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) A public health official.
(c) The police inspector.
(d) M. Tarrou.
5. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has bubolic plague.
(b) He is bedridden with cancer.
(c) He is bedridden with asthma.
(d) He has tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
3. Who is the first victim of the plague?
4. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
5. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)