|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is close to a plateau.
(b) It is dominated by mountains.
(c) It is the middle of a plateau.
(d) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
2. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) M. Grand.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
3. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(b) Its power.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
4. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A government official.
(b) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(c) A railway worker.
(d) A journalist.
5. Where is this information to be found?
(a) On walls, as graffiti.
(b) On walls, as in public notices.
(c) In the newspapers.
(d) In Tarrou's journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
2. What causes panic in the town?
3. In what era is the story set?
4. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
5. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)