|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Aran.
(b) The city of Casablanca.
(c) The city of Algiers.
(d) The city of Oran.
2. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The plague of rats.
(b) The number of rat deaths.
(c) The number of people dying from plague.
(d) A possible attack from Germany.
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Writing a novel.
(b) Counting dried peas.
(c) Counting rats.
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) Fr. Pertelote
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
5. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(b) Everybody has a garden.
(c) It has no native plants or animals.
(d) It has abundant water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
3. How is the city situated geographically?
4. In what era is the story set?
5. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)