|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its treatment.
(b) Its cure.
(c) Its future.
(d) Its history.
2. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
(a) To provide funding for treating plague victims.
(b) To write to his wife for him.
(c) To write a journal documenting the plague.
(d) To write to the local authorities about the rats.
3. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Mrs Rieux.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) The concierge.
4. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(b) Needs better design.
(d) Exciting and vibrant.
5. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The plague itself.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) The Oran water supply.
(d) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
3. Where is this information to be found?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)