|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(b) Needs better design.
(d) Exciting and vibrant.
2. In what country is the story set?
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(a) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(c) Extreme thirst.
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) A railway porter.
(d) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
5. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The Oran water supply.
(b) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(c) The plague itself.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the city situated geographically?
2. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
3. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
4. Who is Jean Tarrou?
5. Where is this information to be found?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)