|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(b) Human infallibility.
(c) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(d) Humans' inability to accept reality.
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(b) He can do nothing.
(c) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(d) He injects them with penicillin.
3. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is close to a plateau.
(b) It is dominated by mountains.
(c) It is the middle of a plateau.
(d) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A grief observed.'
(b) 'A secret grief.'
(c) 'A silent grief.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A railway worker.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A government official.
(d) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
3. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)