|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(a) Everone has recovered.
(c) None. All have died.
2. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The plague itself.
(b) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(c) The Oran water supply.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
3. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
4. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
2. What causes panic in the town?
3. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
4. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
5. In what era is the story set?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)