|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(b) Cottard's wife.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's suicide attempt.
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) Cottard's predicament.
(c) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(d) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
3. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To interview the polic magistrate.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(d) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A silent grief.'
(b) 'A secret grief.'
(c) 'A delayed grief.'
(d) 'A grief observed.'
5. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
(a) To provide funding for treating plague victims.
(b) To write to his wife for him.
(c) To write a journal documenting the plague.
(d) To write to the local authorities about the rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
4. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
5. Who is the first victim of the plague?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)