|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A secret grief.'
(b) 'A silent grief.'
(c) 'A delayed grief.'
(d) 'A grief observed.'
2. Where is this information to be found?
(a) On walls, as in public notices.
(b) On walls, as graffiti.
(c) In Tarrou's journal.
(d) In the newspapers.
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its future.
(b) Its history.
(c) Its cure.
(d) Its treatment.
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To interview the polic magistrate.
(b) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(c) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(d) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
5. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
(a) To write to his wife for him.
(b) To write a journal documenting the plague.
(c) To write to the local authorities about the rats.
(d) To provide funding for treating plague victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
2. Who questions Cottard?
3. Who is the first victim of the plague?
4. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
5. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)