|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(b) He can do nothing.
(c) He injects them with penicillin.
(d) He lances and drains the abscesses.
2. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A railway worker.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(d) A government official.
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(a) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(b) Extreme thirst.
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A grief observed.'
(b) 'A silent grief.'
(c) 'A secret grief.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
5. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It has no native plants or animals.
(b) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(c) It has abundant water.
(d) Everybody has a garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
3. In what country is the story set?
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
5. What causes panic in the town?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)