|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(c) Cottard's predicament.
(d) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(b) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's wife.
3. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The plague itself.
(b) The Oran water supply.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
4. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Algiers.
(b) The city of Aran.
(c) The city of Casablanca.
(d) The city of Oran.
5. Who questions Cottard?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) A public health official.
(d) The police inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era is the story set?
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
3. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
4. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)