|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(d) A railway porter.
2. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Oran.
(b) The city of Casablanca.
(c) The city of Algiers.
(d) The city of Aran.
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its future.
(b) Its cure.
(c) Its treatment.
(d) Its history.
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Tarrou's journal.
(b) Cottard's wife.
(c) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(d) Cottard's suicide attempt.
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Mrs Rieux.
(b) The concierge.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) Dr Rieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this information to be found?
2. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
3. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
4. In what country is the story set?
5. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)