|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(b) None. All have died.
(d) Everone has recovered.
2. Who questions Cottard?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) A public health official.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) M. Tarrou.
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(d) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
4. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(b) It is close to a plateau.
(c) It is the middle of a plateau.
(d) It is dominated by mountains.
5. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he has terrible handwriting.
(b) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(c) Because he doesn't speak English.
(d) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
2. The narrator tells us that the city is:
3. In what era is the story set?
4. What causes panic in the town?
5. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)