|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its geography.
(b) Its power.
(c) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
2. In what country is the story set?
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(b) Cottard's predicament.
(c) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
4. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
(b) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(c) Because he has terrible handwriting.
(d) Because he doesn't speak English.
5. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(c) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(d) Extreme thirst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
5. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)