|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(a) Needs better design.
(d) Exciting and vibrant.
2. Where is this information to be found?
(a) On walls, as in public notices.
(b) In the newspapers.
(c) On walls, as graffiti.
(d) In Tarrou's journal.
3. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(b) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(c) Human infallibility.
(d) Humans' inability to accept reality.
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A silent grief.'
(b) 'A delayed grief.'
(c) 'A grief observed.'
(d) 'A secret grief.'
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) Fr. Pertelote
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) Dr Rieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
2. Who is Jean Tarrou?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. An unusual thing about the city is that:
5. In what country is the story set?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)