|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what era is the story set?
(a) During the French Revolution.
(b) 1940s during World War II.
(c) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(d) 1916, during World War I.
2. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(b) Extreme thirst.
(c) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
3. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) The plague itself.
(d) The Oran water supply.
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) A railway porter.
(d) M. Cottard.
5. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The plague of rats.
(b) The number of people dying from plague.
(c) The number of rat deaths.
(d) A possible attack from Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
2. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
3. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
4. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
5. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)