|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rieux ask Jean Tarrou to do for him?
(a) To write to his wife for him.
(b) To provide funding for treating plague victims.
(c) To write a journal documenting the plague.
(d) To write to the local authorities about the rats.
2. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
(a) None. All have died.
(b) Everone has recovered.
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(a) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(c) Extreme thirst.
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) A railway porter.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) The Spaniard.
(d) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
5. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He injects them with penicillin.
(b) He can do nothing.
(c) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(d) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
2. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
3. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
5. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)