|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(b) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(c) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(d) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) The police inspector.
(d) A public health official.
4. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has bubolic plague.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He is bedridden with asthma.
(d) He is bedridden with cancer.
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(b) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
2. Where is this information to be found?
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)