|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the story set?
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A silent grief.'
(b) 'A grief observed.'
(c) 'A delayed grief.'
(d) 'A secret grief.'
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) A public health official.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
4. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(b) A photograph of his wife.
(c) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(d) Cottard's predicament.
5. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has tuberculosis.
(b) He has bubolic plague.
(c) He is bedridden with asthma.
(d) He is bedridden with cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have contracted the disease and recovered?
2. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
3. The narrator tells us that the city is:
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
5. Who is the first victim of the plague?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)