|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(c) A railway worker.
(d) A government official.
2. Who questions Cottard?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) The police inspector.
(d) A public health official.
3. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A grief observed.'
(b) 'A secret grief.'
(c) 'A silent grief.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) A railway porter.
(b) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) The Spaniard.
5. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The plague of rats.
(b) The number of rat deaths.
(c) The number of people dying from plague.
(d) A possible attack from Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
3. An unusual thing about the city is that:
4. In what country is the story set?
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)