|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(b) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(c) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(d) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its use as a biological weapon.
(b) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Its power.
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) A public health official.
(c) M. Tarrou.
(d) The police inspector.
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Writing a novel.
(c) Counting dried peas.
(d) Counting rats.
5. Who is Jean Tarrou?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A man of independent means (comfortable income).
(c) A railway worker.
(d) A government official.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes panic in the town?
2. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
3. The narrator tells us that the city is:
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)