|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is M. Othon's release from camp delayed?
(a) There is suspicion that he has plague.
(b) He has not done the paperwork.
(c) There has been a mistake.
(d) He has upset the Prefect.
2. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
(a) Cardinal Richelieu.
(b) The Prefect.
(c) Fr Paneloux.
(d) Dr. Castel.
3. How did Tarrou respond to his father's court performance?
(a) He had compassion for the accused.
(b) He was very proud of his father.
(c) He thought the accused deserved his fate.
(d) He was embarrassed.
4. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Its use as a biological weapon.
5. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He cannot file the news story.
(c) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(d) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
2. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
3. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
4. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
5. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)