|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
(a) A military hospital.
(b) Rieux and Tarrou look after him at home.
(c) Dr Rieux's home.
(d) The Catholic hospital.
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
(b) Mobile phones.
(d) Carrier pigeons.
3. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(b) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(c) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(d) The authorities fear a panic will result.
4. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(b) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
(c) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(d) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
5. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Love for a woman.
(b) Fear he will lose his job.
(c) Fear of the plague.
(d) Self-love and preservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people seeking pleasure?
2. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
3. What sort of communication is forbidden?
4. What criticism is made of Fr Paneloux after the sermon?
5. What does Rieux do with Grand's manuscript?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)