|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) A railway porter.
(d) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
2. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He is bedridden with cancer.
(b) He has bubolic plague.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He is bedridden with asthma.
3. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The plague itself.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(d) The Oran water supply.
4. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
(b) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(c) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(d) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
5. What is the choice Fr Paneloux talks about in his sermon?
(a) Treating the plague or letting it run its course in patients.
(b) Trusting God or trusting in yourself and Science.
(c) Losing faith or sacrificing oneself for it.
(d) Choice between a secular and a religious life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
2. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
5. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)