|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
(a) That they laugh at the plague.
(b) That everyone laughs, especially drunks.
(c) That they are more tolerant of drunks.
(d) That nobody laughs, except drunks.
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Cottard's predicament.
(b) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(c) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
3. What decison does Rambert make?
(a) He decides to stay and help to fight the plague.
(b) To buy a new apartment with a view over the bay.
(c) To smuggle medicines into Oran.
(d) To escape and return to his wife.
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A silent grief.'
(b) 'A secret grief.'
(c) 'A grief observed.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
5. Why is M. Othon's release from camp delayed?
(a) There is suspicion that he has plague.
(b) He has not done the paperwork.
(c) He has upset the Prefect.
(d) There has been a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tarrou's father's occupation?
2. How are people coping as the plague continues?
3. What is at the core of Rambert's problem?
4. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
5. What target audience has Fr Paneloux for his special sermon?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)