|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tarrou respond to his father's court performance?
(a) He thought the accused deserved his fate.
(b) He had compassion for the accused.
(c) He was very proud of his father.
(d) He was embarrassed.
2. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(b) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(c) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(d) They have no new films to show.
3. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(b) He has mixed emotions.
(c) He is encouraging.
(d) He advises against the plans.
4. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) Mrs Rieux.
(c) The concierge.
(d) M. Othon.
5. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(b) A railway porter.
(c) The Spaniard.
(d) M. Cottard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. What was Tarrou's father's occupation?
3. What does Rieux do with Grand's manuscript?
4. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
5. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)