|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(b) To interview the polic magistrate.
(c) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(d) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
2. What does Rieux confide?
(a) That his wife's condition has worsened.
(b) That he is in despair and contemplating suicide.
(c) That he has been profiteering from the plague.
(d) That his wife is getting much better.
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Cottard's predicament.
(b) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(c) A photograph of his wife.
(d) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
4. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(d) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
5. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A judge and a second doctor.
(c) Two other doctors.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
2. Who receives an invitation to the sermon?
3. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
4. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
5. In what important way has the plague changed?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)