|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(b) Human infallibility.
(c) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(d) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
2. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The Oran water supply.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(d) The plague itself.
3. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
(a) He calls his wife.
(b) He sends a telegram.
(c) He calls the house physician.
(d) He writes to the sanatorium,
4. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Fear he will lose his job.
(b) Self-love and preservation.
(c) Love for a woman.
(d) Fear of the plague.
5. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He is encouraging.
(b) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(c) He has mixed emotions.
(d) He advises against the plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
2. Why are people seeking pleasure?
3. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
4. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
5. What important experience shaped Tarrou's view of capital punishment?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)