|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
(a) The fact that they never get mail from the outside world.
(b) The silences at night.
(c) Looking at a full moon.
(d) The view from the terrace at the asthma patient's home.
2. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(d) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
3. How are people coping as the plague continues?
(a) They are in despair and suicides are frequent.
(b) They become indifferent to what is happening to them.
(c) They are full of fear and drink to excess.
(d) They become very religious and attend Mass evry day.
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(b) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(c) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
5. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(b) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
(c) He is not a believer.
(d) He is open to being converted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
3. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
4. What decison does Rambert make?
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)