|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
(b) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
(c) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(d) He left college and took a boring job.
2. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
(a) That nobody laughs, except drunks.
(b) That they laugh at the plague.
(c) That everyone laughs, especially drunks.
(d) That they are more tolerant of drunks.
3. How did Tarrou respond to his father's court performance?
(a) He was very proud of his father.
(b) He thought the accused deserved his fate.
(c) He had compassion for the accused.
(d) He was embarrassed.
4. How has Fr Paneloux assisted the community during the plague?
(a) He has preached supportive sermons.
(b) He has researched ancient inscriptions for plague remedies.
(c) He has worked in hospitals.
(d) He has said Mass every day.
5. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(b) He tells him not to drink the water.
(c) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
(d) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
2. What is one result of the sealed city?
3. What sort of communication is forbidden?
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)