|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(b) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(c) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(d) The authorities fear a panic will result.
2. What does Grand reveal?
(a) That he is writing a novel.
(b) That he has a secret girlfriend.
(c) That he is in disguise.
(d) That he wrote the sermon.
3. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
(a) The fact that they never get mail from the outside world.
(b) The view from the terrace at the asthma patient's home.
(c) The silences at night.
(d) Looking at a full moon.
4. How has Fr Paneloux assisted the community during the plague?
(a) He has researched ancient inscriptions for plague remedies.
(b) He has said Mass every day.
(c) He has preached supportive sermons.
(d) He has worked in hospitals.
5. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Fear of the plague.
(c) Fear he will lose his job.
(d) Love for a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is M. Othon's release from camp delayed?
2. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
3. In what important way has the plague changed?
4. In his struggle of conscience, who does Rambert resemble?
5. What creative problem does Grand have?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)