|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
(b) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(c) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(d) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
2. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Mrs Rieux.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) The concierge.
(d) M. Othon.
3. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(b) That the trains will stop running.
(c) That the people will panic.
(d) That the disease will affect his wife.
4. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(b) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(c) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(d) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
5. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
(a) He calls his wife.
(b) He calls the house physician.
(c) He writes to the sanatorium,
(d) He sends a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Oran react to the sermon at High Mass?
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
3. What does Rieux do with Grand's manuscript?
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
5. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)