|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Love for a woman.
(b) Fear he will lose his job.
(c) Self-love and preservation.
(d) Fear of the plague.
2. To what does Tarrou compare lawyers and judges?
(c) The plague.
(d) The elders of the Church.
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
(a) A judge and a second doctor.
(b) Two other doctors.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A police officer.
5. What is up with Grand?
(a) He is having a psychotic breakdown.
(b) He is afraid of Cottard.
(c) He has caught the plague.
(d) He is exhausted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
2. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
3. What target audience has Fr Paneloux for his special sermon?
4. What important experience shaped Tarrou's view of capital punishment?
5. How did Tarrou respond to his father's court performance?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)