|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(c) Extreme thirst.
(d) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
2. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
(a) That it is irresponsible to put love first.
(b) That he is not wrong to put love first.
(c) That he might put people in danger.
(d) That there are always other women.
3. What is one result of the sealed city?
(a) People are more likely to recover from plague.
(b) The Prefect has a feeling of great power.
(c) People are more likely to get plague.
(d) People are cut off from loved ones.
4. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
(a) There is an open forum where people can debate the issues.
(b) There is violence and many people try to escape.
(c) People line up to volunteer to help their fellow citizens.
(d) There are huge numbers of letters to the editor of the local paper.
5. What was the elder Tarrou's obsession?
(a) The railway directory.
(c) Watching court cases.
(d) Model trains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
2. What is at the core of Rambert's problem?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. How are people coping as the plague continues?
5. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)