|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(b) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
(d) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
2. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) The plague itself.
(c) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(d) The Oran water supply.
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(d) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
4. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Sending telegrams.
(d) Writing or receiving letters.
5. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he is neglectful of his children.
(b) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
(c) That he cannot control his children.
(d) That he is very demanding and controlling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creative problem does Grand have?
2. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
3. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)