|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(b) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(c) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(d) They have no new films to show.
2. How did Tarrou respond to his father's court performance?
(a) He thought the accused deserved his fate.
(b) He was embarrassed.
(c) He was very proud of his father.
(d) He had compassion for the accused.
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting dried peas.
(b) Writing a novel.
(d) Counting rats.
4. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
(a) That there are always other women.
(b) That it is irresponsible to put love first.
(c) That he is not wrong to put love first.
(d) That he might put people in danger.
5. What criticism is made of Fr Paneloux after the sermon?
(a) That he has committed sacrilege.
(b) That he has committed polysemy.
(c) That he has committed simony.
(d) That he can't be heard at the back of the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
2. What has Dr. Castel achieved?
3. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
4. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
5. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)