|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) On television.
(b) By word of mouth.
(c) By reading the newspapers.
(d) Via radio broadcasts.
2. What was the elder Tarrou's obsession?
(a) Model trains.
(b) The railway directory.
(d) Watching court cases.
3. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
(b) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(c) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(d) To interview the polic magistrate.
4. What is now possible for Rambert?
(a) A love affair in Oran.
(b) His escape from Oran.
(c) A job on Oran's newspaper.
(d) Writing a world exclusive on the plague in Oran.
5. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(b) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(c) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(d) He believes the ideas are sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
2. Who does Rieux confide in?
3. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
4. What is up with Grand?
5. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)