|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(b) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(c) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(d) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
2. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) On television.
(b) Via radio broadcasts.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) By reading the newspapers.
3. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) Because there is only one line available.
4. What does Rieux confide?
(a) That he is in despair and contemplating suicide.
(b) That his wife is getting much better.
(c) That he has been profiteering from the plague.
(d) That his wife's condition has worsened.
5. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He has mixed emotions.
(b) He advises against the plans.
(c) He is encouraging.
(d) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
2. What decison does Rambert make?
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. To what does Tarrou compare lawyers and judges?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)