|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will affect his wife.
(b) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(c) That the people will panic.
(d) That the trains will stop running.
2. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) A railway porter.
(b) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) The Spaniard.
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(b) Get rid of all rats.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Avoid panicking the citizens.
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(d) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
5. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(b) They cannot be closed.
(c) They are not high enough and people escape.
(d) They were closed too late to make a difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
2. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
4. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
5. Who questions Cottard?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)