|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(b) Get rid of all rats.
(c) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(d) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A secret grief.'
(b) 'A delayed grief.'
(c) 'A grief observed.'
(d) 'A silent grief.'
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(a) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
(d) Extreme thirst.
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
(a) To interview the polic magistrate.
(b) To research suicide deaths in Oran.
(c) To investigate the welfare of Arabs in Oran.
(d) To investigate the plague of rats in Oran.
5. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(b) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(c) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
2. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
4. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
5. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)