|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has tuberculosis.
(b) He is bedridden with asthma.
(c) He has bubolic plague.
(d) He is bedridden with cancer.
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its use as a biological weapon.
(b) Its power.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Its symptoms/manifestations.
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(b) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(c) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(d) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
4. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Making audio tapes.
(b) Writing or receiving letters.
(c) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(d) Sending telegrams.
5. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They were closed too late to make a difference.
(b) They are not high enough and people escape.
(c) They cannot be closed.
(d) They were closed before the announcement was made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
5. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)