|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(b) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(c) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(d) Dr Rieux is panicking.
2. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will affect his wife.
(b) That the trains will stop running.
(c) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(d) That the people will panic.
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(b) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(c) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(d) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
4. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its geography.
(c) Its use as a biological weapon.
(d) Its symptoms/manifestations.
5. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
3. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
5. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)