|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its treatment.
(b) Its cure.
(c) Its history.
(d) Its future.
2. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
3. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He is bedridden with asthma.
(b) He is bedridden with cancer.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He has bubolic plague.
4. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is asthma.
(b) He thinks it is plague.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
5. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) The plague itself.
(b) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(c) The Oran water supply.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)