|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(d) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
2. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(b) Get rid of all rats.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Avoid panicking the citizens.
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting rats.
(b) Counting dried peas.
(d) Writing a novel.
4. What is one result of the sealed city?
(a) People are more likely to recover from plague.
(b) People are more likely to get plague.
(c) The Prefect has a feeling of great power.
(d) People are cut off from loved ones.
5. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Sending telegrams.
(d) Writing or receiving letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
2. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
4. What is Rieux worried about?
5. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)