|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(b) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(d) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
2. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Writing or receiving letters.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Sending telegrams.
(d) Kissing and embracing in the street.
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(c) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(d) Cottard's predicament.
4. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) Because there is only one line available.
(b) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) It is too expensive.
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) The concierge.
(b) Mrs Rieux.
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) M. Othon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. Who is the first victim of the plague?
3. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
4. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
5. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)