|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(b) He thinks it is plague.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is asthma.
2. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He is bedridden with asthma.
(b) He is bedridden with cancer.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He has bubolic plague.
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting dried peas.
(c) Counting rats.
(d) Writing a novel.
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(b) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(c) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(d) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
5. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Writing or receiving letters.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(d) Sending telegrams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
4. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
5. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)