|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(b) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's wife.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(b) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(c) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(d) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
(a) Extreme thirst.
(c) Fear of water (hydrophobia).
4. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) The concierge.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) Mrs Rieux.
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) M. Grand.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
2. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
3. What is Rieux worried about?
4. What important meeting takes place?
5. What is one result of the sealed city?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)