|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He has bubolic plague.
(b) He is bedridden with asthma.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He is bedridden with cancer.
2. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the people will panic.
(b) That the disease will affect his wife.
(c) That the trains will stop running.
(d) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is asthma.
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(b) Counting rats.
(c) Counting dried peas.
(d) Writing a novel.
5. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) The lines have been congested.
(c) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
(d) Because there is only one line available.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
3. Who questions Cottard?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)