|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(b) They are not high enough and people escape.
(c) They cannot be closed.
(d) They were closed too late to make a difference.
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) Mobile phones.
(b) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
(d) Carrier pigeons.
3. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(b) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(c) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(d) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He can do nothing.
(b) He injects them with penicillin.
(c) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(d) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
5. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
(a) He is bedridden with cancer.
(b) He has bubolic plague.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He is bedridden with asthma.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
2. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)