|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(b) That the people will panic.
(c) That the disease will affect his wife.
(d) That the trains will stop running.
2. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) Because there is only one line available.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting rats.
(b) Counting dried peas.
(d) Writing a novel.
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(b) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(c) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(d) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
5. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(b) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(c) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(d) Dr Rieux is panicking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
2. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
5. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)