|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting rats.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Counting dried peas.
2. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) Because there is only one line available.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Cottard's predicament.
(b) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(c) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
4. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(b) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(c) Get rid of all rats.
(d) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
5. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) M. Othon.
(b) The concierge.
(c) Mrs Rieux.
(d) Dr Rieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
4. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)