|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(b) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(c) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(d) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
2. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(b) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(c) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
(d) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
3. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(b) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(c) Tarrou's journal.
(d) Cottard's wife.
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(b) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(c) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(d) Human infallibility.
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
2. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
3. What sort of communication is forbidden?
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
5. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)