|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(b) Making audio tapes.
(c) Sending telegrams.
(d) Writing or receiving letters.
2. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) Dr Rieux's mother-in-law.
(c) The Oran water supply.
(d) The plague itself.
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Get rid of all rats.
(b) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
4. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(b) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(c) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(d) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
5. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
(a) He applies poultices to the abscesses and makes the people stay indoors.
(b) He injects them with penicillin.
(c) He lances and drains the abscesses.
(d) He can do nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
2. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
3. Who questions Cottard?
4. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
5. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)