|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(b) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(d) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
2. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) A railway porter.
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) A public health official.
(b) M. Tarrou.
(c) The police inspector.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
4. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(d) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
5. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) The lines have been congested.
(d) Because there is only one line available.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interesting character enters the novel at this point?
2. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
3. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
5. What is the Spaniard's medical condition?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)