|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its use as a biological weapon.
(b) Its power.
(c) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(d) Its geography.
2. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(b) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
(c) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(d) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(b) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(c) He thinks it is asthma.
(d) He thinks it is plague.
4. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting dried peas.
(b) Writing a novel.
(c) Counting rats.
5. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
(a) They are not high enough and people escape.
(b) They cannot be closed.
(c) They were closed before the announcement was made.
(d) They were closed too late to make a difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important meeting takes place?
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
5. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)