|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its treatment.
(b) Its cure.
(c) Its future.
(d) Its history.
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(b) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(c) Cottard's predicament.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) M. Tarrou.
(b) A public health official.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) The police inspector.
4. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He cannot file the news story.
(c) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(d) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
5. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(b) Writing or receiving letters.
(c) Sending telegrams.
(d) Making audio tapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
4. Why has the journalist Raymod Rambert come to Oran?
5. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)