|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(b) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(c) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(d) He cannot file the news story.
2. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its treatment.
(b) Its cure.
(c) Its history.
(d) Its future.
3. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(b) Counting dried peas.
(c) Counting rats.
(d) Writing a novel.
4. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) The Spaniard.
(b) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(c) M. Cottard.
(d) A railway porter.
5. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(d) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
2. What is Rieux worried about?
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
4. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
5. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)