|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(b) Human infallibility.
(c) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
(d) Humans' inability to accept reality.
2. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(c) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(d) He cannot file the news story.
3. Who is the first victim of the plague?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) A railway porter.
(c) The concierge in Dr. Rieux's apartment building.
(d) The Spaniard.
4. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(d) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
5. How does the Spaniard spend his days?
(a) Counting dried peas.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Counting rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
3. What is Rieux worried about?
4. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
5. What is one result of the sealed city?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)