|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
(a) Human prejudice and warmongering.
(b) Humans' inability to accept reality.
(c) Human infallibility.
(d) Humans' quick acceptance of reality.
2. What sort of communication is forbidden?
(a) Sending telegrams.
(b) Kissing and embracing in the street.
(c) Making audio tapes.
(d) Writing or receiving letters.
3. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is asthma.
(c) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(d) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
4. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
(b) Cottard's predicament.
(c) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(d) A photograph of his wife.
5. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He cannot file the news story.
(b) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(c) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
(d) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
5. What is the problem regarding the city gates?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)