|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A judge and a second doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Two other doctors.
2. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(b) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(c) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
(d) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
3. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
(a) Cardinal Richelieu.
(b) The Prefect.
(c) Dr. Castel.
(d) Fr Paneloux.
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A secret grief.'
(b) 'A grief observed.'
(c) 'A silent grief.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
5. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(b) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(c) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(d) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
2. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
3. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
4. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
5. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)