|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(b) That the trains will stop running.
(c) That the disease will affect his wife.
(d) That the people will panic.
2. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) The number of plague victims decreases.
(b) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(c) The rain refreshes everyone.
(d) Rats are washed into the water supply.
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(b) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(c) Get rid of all rats.
(d) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
4. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
(a) That he might put people in danger.
(b) That it is irresponsible to put love first.
(c) That there are always other women.
(d) That he is not wrong to put love first.
5. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
(b) That he is neglectful of his children.
(c) That he is very demanding and controlling.
(d) That he cannot control his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
2. Why are people seeking pleasure?
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
5. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)