|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Tarrou's journal.
(b) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(c) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(d) Cottard's wife.
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is asthma.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is plague.
(d) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
3. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) They are rebelling against the church.
(b) They are careless.
(c) It's a response to harsh new laws.
(d) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
4. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(b) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(c) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(d) They have no new films to show.
5. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He is encouraging.
(b) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(c) He advises against the plans.
(d) He has mixed emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
2. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
3. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
4. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
5. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)