|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He advises against the plans.
(b) He is encouraging.
(c) He has mixed emotions.
(d) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
2. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(b) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(c) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(d) Dr Rieux is panicking.
3. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(b) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(c) They have no new films to show.
(d) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
4. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) The weather is unchanged.
(b) There is snow.
(c) There is a heatwave.
(d) There is a hurricane.
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) Fr. Pertelote
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Inspector Clouseau.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
2. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
3. Why are people seeking pleasure?
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)