|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) They are careless.
(b) It's a response to harsh new laws.
(c) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
(d) They are rebelling against the church.
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A delayed grief.'
(b) 'A silent grief.'
(c) 'A grief observed.'
(d) 'A secret grief.'
3. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(b) Rats are washed into the water supply.
(c) The rain refreshes everyone.
(d) The number of plague victims decreases.
4. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Fear of the plague.
(b) Love for a woman.
(c) Self-love and preservation.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
5. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) There is a heatwave.
(b) The weather is unchanged.
(c) There is a hurricane.
(d) There is snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
2. What important meeting takes place?
3. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
5. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)