|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(b) He advises against the plans.
(c) He has mixed emotions.
(d) He is encouraging.
2. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
(b) It's a response to harsh new laws.
(c) They are rebelling against the church.
(d) They are careless.
3. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(b) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(c) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(d) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
4. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Fear of the plague.
(c) Fear he will lose his job.
(d) Love for a woman.
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(b) He thinks it is plague.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is asthma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
2. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
3. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
4. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
5. What important meeting takes place?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)