|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Fear he will lose his job.
(c) Love for a woman.
(d) Fear of the plague.
2. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
(a) That everyone laughs, especially drunks.
(b) That nobody laughs, except drunks.
(c) That they laugh at the plague.
(d) That they are more tolerant of drunks.
3. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Tarrou's journal.
(b) Cottard's wife.
(c) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(d) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
4. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(b) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(c) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(d) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
5. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(b) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
(c) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(d) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people seeking pleasure?
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
3. What important meeting takes place?
4. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
5. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)