|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
(b) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(c) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(d) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
(b) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(c) He left college and took a boring job.
(d) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
3. Who questions Cottard?
(a) The police inspector.
(b) A public health official.
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) M. Tarrou.
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Inspector Clouseau.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
5. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(b) That the trains will stop running.
(c) That the people will panic.
(d) That the disease will affect his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
3. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
4. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
5. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)