|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he is neglectful of his children.
(b) That he is very demanding and controlling.
(c) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
(d) That he cannot control his children.
2. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) Rats are washed into the water supply.
(b) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(c) The number of plague victims decreases.
(d) The rain refreshes everyone.
3. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Love for a woman.
(b) Self-love and preservation.
(c) Fear he will lose his job.
(d) Fear of the plague.
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(b) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(c) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(d) The authorities fear a panic will result.
5. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) Via radio broadcasts.
(b) By reading the newspapers.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) On television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
2. Why are people seeking pleasure?
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
4. What important meeting takes place?
5. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)