|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(b) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(c) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(d) Dr Rieux is panicking.
2. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
(a) He has ordered supplies of anti-plague serum.
(b) He has started to manufacture anti-plague serum.
(c) He has organised mass poisonings of rats.
(d) He has bought a train ticket out of town.
3. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
(b) That he is profiteering from the plague.
(c) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
(d) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Tarrou's journal.
(b) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(c) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(d) Cottard's wife.
5. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) Fr. Pertelote
(c) Inspector Clouseau.
(d) M. Grand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
2. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
3. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
4. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
5. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)