|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He is encouraging.
(b) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(c) He advises against the plans.
(d) He has mixed emotions.
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A grief observed.'
(b) 'A secret grief.'
(c) 'A silent grief.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
3. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
(a) Fr Paneloux.
(b) Dr. Castel.
(c) Cardinal Richelieu.
(d) The Prefect.
4. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
(b) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(c) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
(d) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
5. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Fear he will lose his job.
(b) Fear of the plague.
(c) Love for a woman.
(d) Self-love and preservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
2. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
4. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
5. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)