|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
(b) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
(d) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A secret grief.'
(b) 'A grief observed.'
(c) 'A silent grief.'
(d) 'A delayed grief.'
3. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Fear of the plague.
(c) Love for a woman.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
4. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) By word of mouth.
(b) By reading the newspapers.
(c) On television.
(d) Via radio broadcasts.
5. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He is encouraging.
(b) He has mixed emotions.
(c) He advises against the plans.
(d) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
2. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
4. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
5. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)