|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) By word of mouth.
(b) By reading the newspapers.
(c) On television.
(d) Via radio broadcasts.
2. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Fear of the plague.
(c) Love for a woman.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
4. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
(a) That he cannot control his children.
(b) That he is a loving disciplinarian.
(c) That he is neglectful of his children.
(d) That he is very demanding and controlling.
5. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
(a) That they laugh at the plague.
(b) That everyone laughs, especially drunks.
(c) That nobody laughs, except drunks.
(d) That they are more tolerant of drunks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
3. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
4. What important meeting takes place?
5. Why are people seeking pleasure?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)