|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
(b) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(c) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(d) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
2. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
(a) 'A secret grief.'
(b) 'A delayed grief.'
(c) 'A grief observed.'
(d) 'A silent grief.'
3. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
(b) It's a response to harsh new laws.
(c) They are rebelling against the church.
(d) They are careless.
4. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A judge and a second doctor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Two other doctors.
5. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
(a) That he might put people in danger.
(b) That there are always other women.
(c) That he is not wrong to put love first.
(d) That it is irresponsible to put love first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
2. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
3. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
4. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)