|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
(b) That he is profiteering from the plague.
(c) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
(d) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(c) He thinks it is asthma.
(d) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
3. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) Via radio broadcasts.
(b) By reading the newspapers.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) On television.
4. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(b) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
(c) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(d) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
5. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
(b) They are careless.
(c) They are rebelling against the church.
(d) It's a response to harsh new laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
3. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
4. What important meeting takes place?
5. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)