|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) Rats are washed into the water supply.
(b) The number of plague victims decreases.
(c) The rain refreshes everyone.
(d) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
2. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(b) He is encouraging.
(c) He has mixed emotions.
(d) He advises against the plans.
3. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(b) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(c) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(d) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
4. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
(a) He has to do research to produce plague serum, treat patients and administer a hospital.
(b) He has to treat plague vistims, experiment on rats and run a 500-bed plague hospital.
(c) He now treats patients as well as administering a 500-bed plague hospital.
(d) He is now required to treat 100 patients per day.
5. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(b) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(c) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(d) Get rid of all rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
2. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
3. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
4. Who questions Cottard?
5. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)