|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) There is a heatwave.
(b) The weather is unchanged.
(c) There is snow.
(d) There is a hurricane.
2. What problem has the Prefect to deal with, making his job harder?
(a) People keep taking their frustrations out on him and ask him to bend the rules for them.
(b) People are pressurising him to sack Dr. Rieux.
(c) He has to deal with a rebellion and drunkenness.
(d) His wife is having an affair and he doesn't know with whom.
3. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(b) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(c) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
(d) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
4. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He advises against the plans.
(b) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(c) He has mixed emotions.
(d) He is encouraging.
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(b) He thinks it is plague.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is asthma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
2. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
3. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
4. Why are people seeking pleasure?
5. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)