|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(b) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(c) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
(d) The authorities fear a panic will result.
2. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) It's a response to harsh new laws.
(b) They are careless.
(c) They are rebelling against the church.
(d) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
3. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Fr. Pertelote
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Dr Rieux.
4. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(b) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(d) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
5. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(b) The number of plague victims decreases.
(c) The rain refreshes everyone.
(d) Rats are washed into the water supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
3. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
4. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
5. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)