|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Get rid of all rats.
(b) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(c) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
(d) Avoid panicking the citizens.
2. Why are people seeking pleasure?
(a) It's a response to harsh new laws.
(b) They are rebelling against the church.
(c) It's a response to their lives being in danger.
(d) They are careless.
3. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
(b) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
(c) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
(d) That he is profiteering from the plague.
4. What important meeting takes place?
(a) The Prefect meets with ratcatchers.
(b) The Prefect meets a committee of doctors.
(c) The Prefect meets a committee of concerned citizens.
(d) The Prefect meets Dr. Rieux's wife.
5. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
(a) Dr. Castel.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) The Prefect.
(d) Fr Paneloux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
2. What action has Dr. Rieux already taken?
3. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
4. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
5. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)