|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(b) That the disease will affect his wife.
(c) That the trains will stop running.
(d) That the people will panic.
2. In what way has Grand's marriage affected his future?
(a) His became depressed because he found his wife boring.
(b) He left college and took a boring job.
(c) He moved to Oran with his wife to escape her father.
(d) He finished college but could only get a boring job.
3. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Love for a woman.
(b) Self-love and preservation.
(c) Fear of the plague.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
4. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
(a) The Prefect.
(b) Fr Paneloux.
(c) Dr. Castel.
(d) Cardinal Richelieu.
5. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(b) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
(c) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(d) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
2. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
3. Why are people seeking pleasure?
4. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
5. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)