|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Love for a woman.
(c) Fear of the plague.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
2. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) By reading the newspapers.
(b) On television.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) Via radio broadcasts.
3. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(b) Tarrou's journal.
(c) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
(d) Cottard's wife.
4. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
(b) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(c) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
(d) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
5. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will affect his wife.
(b) That the people will panic.
(c) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(d) That the trains will stop running.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
2. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
3. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
4. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)