|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is asthma.
(c) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
(d) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
2. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) Fr. Pertelote
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Dr Rieux.
3. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Self-love and preservation.
(b) Fear of the plague.
(c) Fear he will lose his job.
(d) Love for a woman.
4. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
(b) That he is profiteering from the plague.
(c) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
(d) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
5. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) On television.
(b) By word of mouth.
(c) By reading the newspapers.
(d) Via radio broadcasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarrou say about Othon as a father?
2. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
3. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
4. Why are people seeking pleasure?
5. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)