|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rieux's reaction to Rambert's plans?
(a) He threeatens he will tell the authorities.
(b) He is encouraging.
(c) He advises against the plans.
(d) He has mixed emotions.
2. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
(a) Dr. Castel.
(b) The Prefect.
(c) Cardinal Richelieu.
(d) Fr Paneloux.
3. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(b) That the trains will stop running.
(c) That the disease will affect his wife.
(d) That the people will panic.
4. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
(a) People attacking a screaming woman who is covered in blood.
(b) A woman carrying a dead rat that is bleeding horribly.
(c) A woman screaming in agony and dripping blood.
(d) A woman throwing dead rats in litter bins.
5. What weather conditions set in after the sermon?
(a) There is snow.
(b) There is a hurricane.
(c) The weather is unchanged.
(d) There is a heatwave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Cottard give for his suicide attempt?
2. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
3. Who questions Cottard?
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)