|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(a) The Feast of the Assumption.
(c) All Souls' Day.
2. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
3. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(b) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(c) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(d) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
4. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
(a) It is the wrong sort.
(b) It has been contaminated.
(c) It is inadequate for needs.
(d) It has been accidentally destroyed in transit.
5. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(c) M. Grand.
(d) Dr. Rieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
2. Where do notices about the disease appear?
3. In what important way has the plague changed?
4. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
5. Which is the second way?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)