|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
2. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
(a) People die only every second day.
(b) The death rate climbs dramatically.
(c) The death rate becomes steady,
(d) The death rate drops dramatically.
3. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
(b) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(c) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
(d) He tells him not to drink the water.
4. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(b) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(c) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
(d) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
5. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
(a) The food is sent in by the Red Cross and dropped from helicopters.
(b) Via small electric trucks.
(c) The food is provided by relatives.
(d) By donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the second way?
2. Who makes the order to close the town?
3. Where do notices about the disease appear?
4. What action does the Prefect take?
5. In what important way has the plague changed?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)