|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
(b) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(c) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(d) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
2. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In cinema advertisements.
(b) In newspapers and on posters.
(c) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(d) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
3. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
(a) His wife.
(c) His mother.
4. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He calls a meeting.
(b) He makes a speech on the radio.
(c) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(d) He leaves the city.
5. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
(a) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(b) M. Grand.
(c) Dr. Rieux.
(d) M. Cottard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
2. What important information is given in the notices?
3. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
4. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
5. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)