|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He believes the ideas are sound.
(b) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(c) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(d) He does not believe in collective punishment.
2. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
(b) He is not a believer.
(c) He is open to being converted.
(d) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
3. Which is the second way?
(a) More patients are suffering pneumonic rather than bubonic plague.
(b) Most people suffer now from bubonic plague.
(c) The plague is becoming more virulent.
(d) The disease is now more like ebola.
4. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has become much more severe.
(b) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
(c) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
(d) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
5. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) M. Othon.
(b) Dr. Rieux.
(c) The Prefect.
(d) The French President.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
2. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
3. What important information is given in the notices?
4. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
5. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)