|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(b) He tells him not to drink the water.
(c) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
(d) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
2. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
(a) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(b) M. Grand.
(c) Dr. Rieux.
(d) M. Cottard.
3. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(b) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(c) They die before they can get to hospital.
(d) They have no transport.
4. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) Dr. Rieux.
(b) M. Othon.
(c) The Prefect.
(d) The French President.
5. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the Prefect take?
2. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
3. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
4. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
5. In what important way has the plague changed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)