|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
(a) By donkey.
(b) Via small electric trucks.
(c) The food is sent in by the Red Cross and dropped from helicopters.
(d) The food is provided by relatives.
2. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has become much more severe.
(b) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
(c) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
(d) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
3. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(d) Dr. Rieux.
4. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(b) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(c) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(d) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
5. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He believes the ideas are sound.
(b) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(c) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(d) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
2. Who makes the order to close the town?
3. What important information is given in the notices?
4. Which is the second way?
5. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)