|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(b) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(c) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(d) He believes the ideas are sound.
2. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(a) All Souls' Day.
(b) The Feast of the Assumption.
3. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(b) He tells him not to drink the water.
(c) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
(d) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
4. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) The French President.
(b) The Prefect.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) Dr. Rieux.
5. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
(a) People die only every second day.
(b) The death rate climbs dramatically.
(c) The death rate becomes steady,
(d) The death rate drops dramatically.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
2. Where do notices about the disease appear?
3. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
4. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
5. What action does the Prefect take?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)