|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
(a) The death rate becomes steady,
(b) People die only every second day.
(c) The death rate drops dramatically.
(d) The death rate climbs dramatically.
2. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
(b) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
(c) It has become much more severe.
(d) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
3. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(b) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(c) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(d) He believes the ideas are sound.
4. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He calls a meeting.
(b) He makes a speech on the radio.
(c) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(d) He leaves the city.
5. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) They have no transport.
(b) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(c) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(d) They die before they can get to hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
2. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
3. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
4. What important information is given in the notices?
5. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)