|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(b) He tells him not to drink the water.
(c) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
(d) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
2. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In cinema advertisements.
(b) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(c) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(d) In newspapers and on posters.
3. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
(a) It is the wrong sort.
(b) It has been contaminated.
(c) It is inadequate for needs.
(d) It has been accidentally destroyed in transit.
4. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(b) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(c) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(d) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
5. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
Short Answer Questions
1. What important information is given in the notices?
2. Which is the second way?
3. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
4. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
5. What action does the Prefect take?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)