|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
(b) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(c) He tells him not to drink the water.
(d) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
2. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(c) All Souls' Day.
(d) The Feast of the Assumption.
3. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
(b) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
(c) It has become much more severe.
(d) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
4. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(b) In cinema advertisements.
(c) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(d) In newspapers and on posters.
5. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(b) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(c) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(d) He believes the ideas are sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
2. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
3. Which is the second way?
4. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
5. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)