|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In newspapers and on posters.
(b) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(c) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(d) In cinema advertisements.
2. Which is the second way?
(a) The plague is becoming more virulent.
(b) Most people suffer now from bubonic plague.
(c) The disease is now more like ebola.
(d) More patients are suffering pneumonic rather than bubonic plague.
3. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
(b) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(c) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
(d) He tells him not to drink the water.
4. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(a) The Feast of the Assumption.
(d) All Souls' Day.
5. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
(b) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
(c) It has become much more severe.
(d) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
2. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
3. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
4. Who makes the order to close the town?
5. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)