|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
2. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
(a) The death rate drops dramatically.
(b) People die only every second day.
(c) The death rate becomes steady,
(d) The death rate climbs dramatically.
3. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
(a) The food is provided by relatives.
(b) Via small electric trucks.
(c) The food is sent in by the Red Cross and dropped from helicopters.
(d) By donkey.
4. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
(a) He tells him there is no risk if he has an inoculation.
(b) He tells him he is at risk and must have an inoculation.
(c) He cautions him against having an inoculation because the serum is weak.
(d) He tells him not to drink the water.
5. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(c) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(d) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the order to close the town?
2. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
3. Which is the second way?
4. What action does the Prefect take?
5. Where do notices about the disease appear?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)