|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He calls a meeting.
(b) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(c) He makes a speech on the radio.
(d) He leaves the city.
2. Which is the second way?
(a) The plague is becoming more virulent.
(b) More patients are suffering pneumonic rather than bubonic plague.
(c) Most people suffer now from bubonic plague.
(d) The disease is now more like ebola.
3. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He is open to being converted.
(b) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
(c) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
(d) He is not a believer.
4. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
(b) He believes the ideas are sound.
(c) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(d) He does not believe in collective punishment.
5. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(b) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(c) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
(d) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
2. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
3. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
4. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
5. Where do notices about the disease appear?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)