|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(d) Dr. Rieux.
2. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) The Prefect.
(b) Dr. Rieux.
(c) The French President.
(d) M. Othon.
3. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In cinema advertisements.
(b) In newspapers and on posters.
(c) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
(d) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
4. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(b) He calls a meeting.
(c) He makes a speech on the radio.
(d) He leaves the city.
5. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(a) The Feast of the Assumption.
(b) All Souls' Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important information is given in the notices?
2. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
3. In what important way has the plague changed?
4. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
5. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)