|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
(c) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
(d) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
2. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
(b) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
(c) It has become much more severe.
(d) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
3. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) The Prefect.
(b) M. Othon.
(c) The French President.
(d) Dr. Rieux.
4. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(b) The Feast of the Assumption.
(d) All Souls' Day.
5. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He makes a speech on the radio.
(b) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(c) He leaves the city.
(d) He calls a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
2. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
3. Which is the second way?
4. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
5. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)