|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) Dr. Rieux.
(b) The French President.
(c) The Prefect.
(d) M. Othon.
2. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
(b) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(c) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(d) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
3. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
(b) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
(c) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
(d) It has become much more severe.
5. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
(a) He does not believe in collective punishment.
(b) He believes in collective punishment as truth.
(c) He believes the ideas are sound.
(d) He does not think the ideas are worth discussing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with the shipment of serum?
2. Which is the second way?
3. Where do notices about the disease appear?
4. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
5. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)