|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important information is given in the notices?
(a) Cases of fever are to be treated by Dr Rieux, the rats are to be exteminated and the water supply monitored.
(b) Cases of fever are to be reported and a bounty has been placed on rats.
(c) Cases of fever are to be reported, rats will be exterminated and the water supply monitored.
(d) Cases of vever are to be treated at home after they are reported, a black mark has to be painted on the door of a plague house and volunteers are needed for trial of a serum.
2. Where do notices about the disease appear?
(a) In newspapers and on posters.
(b) By direct mail put through letter-boxes.
(c) In cinema advertisements.
(d) In magazines, posters and conema advertising.
3. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He leaves the city.
(b) He makes a speech on the radio.
(c) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(d) He calls a meeting.
4. Who makes the order to close the town?
(a) The French President.
(b) M. Othon.
(c) The Prefect.
(d) Dr. Rieux.
5. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
(a) Dr Rieux has quarantined them.
(b) They have no transport.
(c) There are not enough beds at the hospital.
(d) They die before they can get to hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
2. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
3. In what important way has the plague changed?
4. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
5. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)