Part 1: Chapter 1
1. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Aran.
(b) The city of Algiers.
(c) The city of Casablanca.
(d) The city of Oran.
2. In what country is the story set?
3. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is the middle of a plateau.
(b) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(c) It is close to a plateau.
(d) It is dominated by mountains.
4. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(a) Needs better design.
(d) Exciting and vibrant.
5. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It has abundant water.
(b) Everybody has a garden.
(c) It has no native plants or animals.
(d) It is famous for its plants and animals.
6. In what era is the story set?
(a) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(b) 1940s during World War II.
(c) During the French Revolution.
(d) 1916, during World War I.
Part 1: Chapter 2
7. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) Dr Rieux.
(b) Mrs Rieux.
(c) The concierge.
(d) M. Othon.
This section contains 5,297 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)