1. In what city is the story set?
(a) The city of Aran.
(b) The city of Oran.
(c) The city of Casablanca.
(d) The city of Algiers.
2. In what country is the story set?
3. How is the city situated geographically?
(a) It is close to a plateau.
(b) It is next to delightful coastal beaches.
(c) It is dominated by mountains.
(d) It is the middle of a plateau.
4. The narrator tells us that the city is:
(a) Needs better design.
(d) Exciting and vibrant.
5. An unusual thing about the city is that:
(a) It is famous for its plants and animals.
(b) It has abundant water.
(c) It has no native plants or animals.
(d) Everybody has a garden.
6. In what era is the story set?
(a) During the French Revolution.
(b) 1916, during World War I.
(c) 1940s, shortly after World War II.
(d) 1940s during World War II.
7. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
(a) M. Othon.
(b) Dr Rieux.
(c) Mrs Rieux.
(d) The concierge.
This section contains 5,297 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)