|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. William C. Quantrill's most famous exploit against a Federal prison left 200 buildings in ruins and killed _______ people.
2. Who attacked the town of Osawatomie?
3. How many years did the town of Victoria last?
4. In what year was the Kansas town of Osawatomie attacked?
5. Some of the Kansas soldiers went east and some _____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the accounts of the Kansas pioneer women had been overlooked for so many years. What value do they have for historians and students today? What value will you take away from this literary experience? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe holidays on the Kansas prairie. What was the favorite holiday of the homesteaders? How did they celebrate it? How were these days different from other social events? What traditions did the prairie women try to hold on to from their lives back East?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the influx of immigrants to the Kansas frontier. For what reasons did they leave their homes? What special challenges did they experience in homesteading in Kansas that Americans did not experience? How readily accepted were the immigrants by the established settlers in Kansas?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)