|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. William C. Quantrill's most famous exploit against a Federal prison left 200 buildings in ruins and killed _______ people.
2. Who attacked the town of Osawatomie?
3. How many years did the town of Victoria last?
4. In what year was the Kansas town of Osawatomie attacked?
5. Some of the Kansas soldiers went east and some _____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the early churches in frontier Kansas. How were they constructed. How were they furnished? What types of buildings served as churches before dedicated structures could be constructed?
Essay Topic 2
Why were social visits so welcome among the Kansas homesteaders? What was the nature of a typical social call from one family on another? What were some of the social events held so that groups of homesteaders could meet and form friendships? What were the usual activities that would occur at these events?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the accounts of the Kansas pioneer women had been overlooked for so many years. What value do they have for historians and students today? What value will you take away from this literary experience? Explain.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)