|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a town did not have a schoolhouse, where would the teacher hold class?
2. Which of the following served as furnishings in early frontier churches?
3. Why were inns hard to maintain on the frontier?
4. What was one of the most serious crimes on the frontier?
5. The majority of prairie teachers were _________________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of creating a new garment on the Kansas frontier. What role did buffalo and other animal skins play in pioneer clothing? Who was primarily responsible for the family's clothing? What was the method of cleaning clothes?
Essay Topic 2
Cowboys and cattle drives have a lasting impression on American culture yet they were active for only about a 20-year period. What was the purpose of a cattle drive? How was a cattle drive structured? Who were the personnel included on a cattle drive? What were the advantages and disadvantages of cattle drives to the Kansas homesteaders?
Essay Topic 3
What positions other than wife and mother did most prairie women hold? What was expected of a prairie woman by others? What expectations did she place on herself? Explain.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)