Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. William C. Quantrill's most famous exploit against a Federal prison left 200 buildings in ruins and killed _______ people.
2. Who attacked the town of Osawatomie?
3. How many years did the town of Victoria last?
4. In what year was the Kansas town of Osawatomie attacked?
5. Some of the Kansas soldiers went east and some _____________________.
Essay Topic 1
What positions other than wife and mother did most prairie women hold? What was expected of a prairie woman by others? What expectations did she place on herself? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the influx of immigrants to the Kansas frontier. For what reasons did they leave their homes? What special challenges did they experience in homesteading in Kansas that Americans did not experience? How readily accepted were the immigrants by the established settlers in Kansas?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in frontier life in 19th century Kansas. How were gender roles blurred during this period of time in Kansas? What lessons did women learn about themselves as they carved lives for their families out of the sod and hills of the prairie?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)