Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. William C. Quantrill's most famous exploit against a Federal prison left 200 buildings in ruins and killed _______ people.
2. Who attacked the town of Osawatomie?
3. How many years did the town of Victoria last?
4. In what year was the Kansas town of Osawatomie attacked?
5. Some of the Kansas soldiers went east and some _____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Why were social visits so welcome among the Kansas homesteaders? What was the nature of a typical social call from one family on another? What were some of the social events held so that groups of homesteaders could meet and form friendships? What were the usual activities that would occur at these events?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the methods by which prairie women would obtain their medicines. What other medical tools did they fashion out of what they had? How do those methods compare to alternative medicines today?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the local newspaper in a frontier town. What types of information were usually included in an issue? How did the nature and tone of newspapers change as communities grew and politics reared its ugly head?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)