Short Answer Questions Key
1. What was Kansas known as prior to the middle of the 19th century?
The Great American Desert.
2. What act was passed which opened up Kansas to settlement?
3. In what year was the Kansas-Nebraska Act passed?
4. What lured people from the east to head to Kansas to settle?
5. What was a popular and relatively comfortable mode of transportation to reach Kansas?
6. What was the method of transportation chosen by single people or small families to get to Kansas?
7. At what distance were horses changed on a stagecoach route?
8. Construction on what railroad began in 1862?
Kansas Pacific Railroad.
This section contains 3,363 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)