|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were inns hard to maintain on the frontier?
(a) Native Americans in the area.
(b) High food prices.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) No advertising.
2. What was usually the only thing in a family of any real worth?
3. The nature of a town could be changed with diverted railroad traffic or _____________________.
(a) A new sheriff.
(b) Government intervention.
(c) An altered stagecoach line.
(d) Lots of new settlers.
4. Who was the main musician at prairie dances?
(a) Banjo player.
5. Where did the prairie women mainly do the family laundry?
(a) A well.
(b) A kettle.
(c) A stream.
(d) A pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prairie life made the woman ____________ her husband.
2. Why were times of illness, pregnancy and childbirth especially frightful times for prairie women?
3. How did the frontier circuit preacher supplement his meager income?
4. Which of the following describes how Native Americans were viewed by the settlers?
5. Which of the following male tasks did prairie women take on?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)