|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Picnics would most often occur on Saturday or ______________.
2. Branches were often whittled into dolls and _____________ for children's toys.
(d) Ball bats.
3. How many people comprised an average School Board?
4. With what did the settlers beat back fires from their houses?
(d) Wet coats.
5. What lured people from the east to head to Kansas to settle?
(a) Low taxes.
(b) Fertile soil.
(c) Abundant water.
(d) Cheap land.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did the Kansas Drought of 1860 last?
2. How were land concessions negotiated with the Native Americans?
3. What was the most crucial component for a homestead?
4. In the nineteenth century a woman's place was considered to be in ________________.
5. Which of the following would often result in birth defects or physical handicaps of a newborn baby?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)