|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General stores also served as _____________.
(a) Blacksmith shops.
(d) Post offices.
2. Why were inns hard to maintain on the frontier?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) No advertising.
(c) High food prices.
(d) Native Americans in the area.
3. The disappearance of _______________ made the Native American visits less friendly.
4. What kind of plow was used to turn the earth?
(a) Garden plow.
(b) Earth mover plow.
(c) Sod buster plow.
(d) Breaking plow.
5. Who cleared paths after major snowstorms?
(a) Government workers.
(c) Community men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was especially valued for their ability to keep out the cold?
2. What is the method used to find water in underground springs?
3. What was the minimum acreage of dedicated township to establish a town?
4. What was the weight of the average sod house?
5. What was the method of transportation chosen by single people or small families to get to Kansas?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)