|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Santa enter the homes of prairie families on Christmas Eve?
(a) An opening in the roof.
(b) The door.
(c) The chimney.
(d) The window.
2. Who was the main musician at prairie dances?
(d) Banjo player.
3. Why did prairie women tend to do more typically male jobs than before?
(a) Their husbands died early.
(b) To get the homestead started faster.
(c) Shortage of labor.
(d) They signed a contract.
4. Which of the following male tasks did prairie women take on?
(a) Business meetings.
(b) Buying seed.
5. Many settlers found strength in ____________ when hardships came their way.
(b) Each other.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much land did the government promise each Kansas settler?
2. What was the mode of transportation chosen by families to reach Kansas?
3. In what year was the Kansas-Nebraska Act passed?
4. Which of the following did the settlers look for in determining where to make their homes?
5. In the nineteenth century a woman's place was considered to be in ________________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)