|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 and Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did the settlers beat back fires from their houses?
(c) Wet coats.
2. Which of the following could cripple the settlers during the winter?
(a) Bitter cold.
(b) Leaks in sod houses.
(c) No food.
(d) No firewood.
3. What invention in the early 1880s helped the homesteaders protect themselves from cattle drives?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Invisible fencing.
(c) Cattle prods.
(d) Winchester rifles.
4. Where was a good place for a man to find a good woman?
(c) Bachelors Balls.
(d) Ice cream socials.
5. Which of the following did boy children do to help their fathers?
(a) Visit the banker.
(b) Make guns.
(d) Write letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the cowboys do in town once the cattle drive was over?
2. What is one of the reasons that homesteaders did not like cowboys coming through their territory?
3. Why were times of illness, pregnancy and childbirth especially frightful times for prairie women?
4. People of which nationality immigrated to settle in Kansas?
5. Which of the following occurred in the Kansas Drought of 1860?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)