|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 and Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Social events on the prairie centered around supper and _________________.
2. What was the most-celebrated holiday among prairie families?
(a) New Year's.
(c) Fourth of July.
3. What invention in the early 1880s helped the homesteaders protect themselves from cattle drives?
(a) Cattle prods.
(b) Invisible fencing.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) Winchester rifles.
4. Picnics would most often occur on Saturday or ______________.
5. Why did Texas ranchers have to rely on cattle drives?
(a) Their cattle counts grew too fast.
(b) They needed to thwart rustlers.
(c) That was their main industry.
(d) They did not have railroads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that homesteaders did not like cowboys coming through their territory?
2. Where would a typical dance be held on the prairie?
3. Which of the following adorned the Christmas trees of prairie families?
4. With what did the settlers beat back fires from their houses?
5. Which of the following did the cowboys do in town once the cattle drive was over?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)