|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Letty when Annawake returns with her dish and gossip?
2. In Ledger's story, what animal is sent down by the spirits to cut a baby in half?
3. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
4. During the stomp dance, what does the tribe pass around while the chief speaks blessings over them?
5. How long does it take Cash Stillwater to hear the news that his father has passed away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lucky Buster fell into the hole, the "luck" of the moment seemed ambiguous. Explain why Turtle's sighting of Lucky Buster's fall could be seen as both lucky and unlucky. Then, explain what your final verdict of the moment was - lucky, or unlucky, citing examples from the text to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Gabriel Fourkiller acts as a silent character throughout the novel. He is often spoken about, but is never directly involved in the story line. Describe who Gabriel Fourkiller is, and then explain how his character affected the fight over Turtle's custody.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, both Taylor and Annawake clash over what is best for Turtle's future. Explain the arguments that both women had for Turtle's custody, and then explain how it was actually two cultures, rather than two women, fighting for the best of the child.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)