|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Letty's character?
3. How many of the living Indian children does Annawake claim were taken by the whites?
4. What does Jax offer to Taylor and Turtle to get them back to Arizona?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The history of the Native American people probed to give deeper insight into the reason why Annawake was so determined to return Turtle to her heritage. Choose two characters who suffered because of their Native American heritage, and explain how their suffering prompted Annawake to fight for Turtle's return.
Essay Topic 2
The Trail of Tears proved to be an important historical moment in the novel. Explain what happened during the Trail of Tears, and how this moment in history directly affected Turtle's story.
Essay Topic 3
Gabriel Fourkiller acts as a silent character throughout the novel. He is often spoken about, but is never directly involved in the story line. Describe who Gabriel Fourkiller is, and then explain how his character affected the fight over Turtle's custody.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)