|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Letty's reaction to the news that Alice is an admirer of Cash?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
3. What type of transportation does Cash Stillwater drive?
4. What happens when Turtle is no longer allowed to hang out at Taylor's work with her?
5. Why is Annawake issuing a subpoena for Turtle's return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Trail of Tears proved to be an important historical moment in the novel. Explain what happened during the Trail of Tears, and how this moment in history directly affected Turtle's story.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, there are various references to nature as a parallel to Turtle's story. Choose two examples of nature as presented in the novel and explain how those scenes parallel the story of the fight for Turtle's custody.
Essay Topic 3
All of the women in the novel who are on the run do so without the support of men in their lives. Choose two women who are on the run, and explain why they choose to live their lives without men. Do you think the author includes this intentionally in the book as a motif of feminine strength?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)