|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "poke" similar to?
2. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
3. Where does Alice take Turtle while Taylor goes to speak with Annawake about the impending trial?
4. What is Letty's reaction to the news that Alice is an admirer of Cash?
5. After Barbie leaves, where is Taylor forced to get a job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The varying forms of relationship status in romantic relationships becomes a large theme in the novel. Explain how definition in Taylor's relationship with Jax, and Alice's relationship with Cash changed during the course of Turtle's custody battle, and why those changes were important to the fight they all were partaking in.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, there are three single mothers whose characters are explored. Briefly describe the three single mothers in the text and compare / contrast their mothering skills. What message do you think Kingsolver is sending to the reader about the love of a single mother?
Essay Topic 3
Gabriel Fourkiller acts as a silent character throughout the novel. He is often spoken about, but is never directly involved in the story line. Describe who Gabriel Fourkiller is, and then explain how his character affected the fight over Turtle's custody.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)