|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turtle call Cash when she sees him for the first time?
2. When Cash is recounting all of the family members of his that have died, what time span is given for their deaths?
3. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
4. Why is Annawake issuing a subpoena for Turtle's return?
5. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lucky Buster fell into the hole, the "luck" of the moment seemed ambiguous. Explain why Turtle's sighting of Lucky Buster's fall could be seen as both lucky and unlucky. Then, explain what your final verdict of the moment was - lucky, or unlucky, citing examples from the text to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Turtle often associates her fears with horses. Describe a moment when Turtle remembers horses as linked to her childhood at the Indian reservation, and then explain how the imagery of horses expanded, and was used in connection to Annawake and her search for Taylor and Turtle.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the novel, Annawake proposes a solution that will hopefully keep all parties happy, and will keep Turtle's best interests at heart. Explain what Annawake's solution for the fight over Turtle's custody was, and then explain how that decision affected the lives of the main characters in the novel.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)