Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
2. How many rooms does Cash Stillwater's home have?
3. What happens to the Jewish father that fought for the return of his adopted son after the Holocaust?
4. Which character prepares kunutche for Alice?
5. When Cash is recounting all of the family members of his that have died, what time span is given for their deaths?
Essay Topic 1
Turtle had a very difficult childhood throughout the novel. Compare / contrast her life on the reservation with her life with Taylor. Finally, explain how Turtle got her name and the symbolism that name has to her childhood.
Essay Topic 2
Turtle often associates her fears with horses. Describe a moment when Turtle remembers horses as linked to her childhood at the Indian reservation, and then explain how the imagery of horses expanded, and was used in connection to Annawake and her search for Taylor and Turtle.
Essay Topic 3
The varying forms of relationship status in romantic relationships becomes a large theme in the novel. Explain how definition in Taylor's relationship with Jax, and Alice's relationship with Cash changed during the course of Turtle's custody battle, and why those changes were important to the fight they all were partaking in.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)