|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annawake recommend take custody of Turtle?
2. Where does the man in the wheelchair take Taylor and Turtle on their date?
3. After the confrontation, what does Taylor decide that she wants to change in her life?
4. In Cash's stories, what is the name of his missing granddaughter?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT in cahoots to set Alice up with Cash Stillwater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gabriel Fourkiller acts as a silent character throughout the novel. He is often spoken about, but is never directly involved in the story line. Describe who Gabriel Fourkiller is, and then explain how his character affected the fight over Turtle's custody.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, there are various references to nature as a parallel to Turtle's story. Choose two examples of nature as presented in the novel and explain how those scenes parallel the story of the fight for Turtle's custody.
Essay Topic 3
The history of the Native American people probed to give deeper insight into the reason why Annawake was so determined to return Turtle to her heritage. Choose two characters who suffered because of their Native American heritage, and explain how their suffering prompted Annawake to fight for Turtle's return.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)