|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jax offer to Taylor and Turtle to get them back to Arizona?
2. Why does Taylor accept the date from the man in the wheelchair?
3. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
4. Who does Annawake recommend take custody of Turtle?
5. What type of sandwich does Taylor make for her date with Kevin?
Essay Topic 1
The Trail of Tears proved to be an important historical moment in the novel. Explain what happened during the Trail of Tears, and how this moment in history directly affected Turtle's story.
Essay Topic 2
The luck of the Native American people comes to the forefront of the novel, as the tribe believes in luck as a driving force to their survival. Explain the ways that the Native American tribe portrayed in this novel can be seen as both a lucky and an unlucky tribe of people.
Essay Topic 3
All of the women in the novel who are on the run do so without the support of men in their lives. Choose two women who are on the run, and explain why they choose to live their lives without men. Do you think the author includes this intentionally in the book as a motif of feminine strength?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)