|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains to Alice that the neighborhood used to be much more prosperous?
2. Why does Barbie want to get a job in an office?
3. When asked, who does Turtle say is her family?
4. What does Cash produce which convinces Taylor, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Turtle is his granddaughter?
5. Where do Annawake and Alice sit with Ledger as they discuss Turtle's future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel, Annawake proposes a solution that will hopefully keep all parties happy, and will keep Turtle's best interests at heart. Explain what Annawake's solution for the fight over Turtle's custody was, and then explain how that decision affected the lives of the main characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The Trail of Tears proved to be an important historical moment in the novel. Explain what happened during the Trail of Tears, and how this moment in history directly affected Turtle's story.
Essay Topic 3
The varying forms of relationship status in romantic relationships becomes a large theme in the novel. Explain how definition in Taylor's relationship with Jax, and Alice's relationship with Cash changed during the course of Turtle's custody battle, and why those changes were important to the fight they all were partaking in.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)