Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
2. How many rooms does Cash Stillwater's home have?
3. What happens to the Jewish father that fought for the return of his adopted son after the Holocaust?
4. Which character prepares kunutche for Alice?
5. When Cash is recounting all of the family members of his that have died, what time span is given for their deaths?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Kingsolver repeatedly gives voice to her opinion about television. Choose two examples of times that Kingsolver mentions television, and explain how television affected the lives of the characters in the novel. What message do you think Kingsolver is sending her audience through her portrayal of television in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Family structure proves to be a large theme in the novel, particularly when Turtle is asked by the courts to describe her own family. Compare / contrast the family structure present in the Cherokee tribe with the family structure that Turtle was raised in. Then, explain how Turtle's answer regarding her family prompted change among those who listened to her speak.
Essay Topic 3
The Trail of Tears proved to be an important historical moment in the novel. Explain what happened during the Trail of Tears, and how this moment in history directly affected Turtle's story.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)