|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his story, what does Turtle refer to as a "hen's apple"?
(a) A bowl of seed.
(b) A feather.
(c) A baby chick.
(d) An egg.
2. How long does it take Cash Stillwater to hear the news that his father has passed away?
(a) Sixteen days.
(b) Forty-one days.
(c) Thirty-three days.
(d) Twenty-eight days.
3. What type of bird flying overhead signifies death to the Cherokee people?
(a) A kolon.
(b) A crow.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A kingfisher.
4. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Fight Annawake.
(b) Raise Turtle together.
(c) Get married.
(d) Break up.
5. What does Cash produce which convinces Taylor, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Turtle is his granddaughter?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) A letter.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the teenage Indians tie around their ankles during the stomp dance?
2. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
3. What statement does Cash make causing the court to go berserk?
4. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
5. What does Turtle call Cash when she sees him for the first time?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)