|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
(a) Lactose intolerance.
2. Where do Annawake and Alice sit with Ledger as they discuss Turtle's future?
(a) In a thatched hut.
(b) In the woods.
(c) By the lake.
(d) On a mountain.
3. How many of the living Indian children does Annawake claim were taken by the whites?
(a) One quarter.
(b) One eighth.
(c) One half.
(d) One third.
4. After Barbie leaves, where is Taylor forced to get a job?
(c) J.C. Penny's.
5. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
(a) Because the Indian land was better than the whites' land.
(b) Because the whites knew how to better farm the Indians' land.
(c) Because the whites were terrified of the Indians' skin color.
(d) Because the Indians were taking all of the whites' jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
2. When the novel turns to the perspective of Letty and Sugar, what are they doing in preparation for Cash's return to the tribe?
3. Why is Turtle being teased at school?
4. What is at the center of the ritual at the stomp dance?
5. What fruit do Cash and Alice go picking on their first date?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)