|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Jewish father that fought for the return of his adopted son after the Holocaust?
(a) His son stayed with the adoptive family.
(b) His son was returned to him.
(c) The son refused to be returned to him.
(d) The father is still fighting to this day.
2. In Cash's stories, what is the name of his missing granddaughter?
3. Which of the following descriptions does NOT match Alice's first impressions of the Cherokee nation?
4. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
(a) What fresh air feels like.
(b) What sugar tastes like.
(c) What flowers smell like.
(d) What colors look like.
5. How many of the living Indian children does Annawake claim were taken by the whites?
(a) One eighth.
(b) One third.
(c) One half.
(d) One quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree does Sugar's husband plant on the way to the watering hole?
2. What time does the Indian stomp dance typically start?
3. With whom does Alice discuss the meaning of the Pigs in Heaven constellation?
4. Who does Annawake recommend take custody of Turtle?
5. In his story, what does Turtle refer to as a "hen's apple"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)