|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cash produce which convinces Taylor, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Turtle is his granddaughter?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A letter.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A photograph.
2. What is the town of Heaven named after?
(a) A burning fire.
(b) A flowering tree.
(c) A field of grass.
(d) A watering hole.
3. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
(a) One week.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Two days.
4. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
(a) It is the mother of the children.
(b) It is the sin of the children.
(c) It is a forgotten child.
(d) It is the kidnapper of the children.
5. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
(a) Her water.
(b) Her heating.
(c) Her gas.
(d) Her electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What classic movie does Turtle reference after leaving the free clinic?
2. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
3. Who does Alice remember shaking, screaming, and speaking in tongues?
4. When the novel turns to the perspective of Letty and Sugar, what are they doing in preparation for Cash's return to the tribe?
5. How does Sugar describe the various bloodlines of the Cherokee people?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)