Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. At the opening of the novel, what is the state of Alice and Harland's marriage?
2. While vacationing at the Hoover Dam, what does Turtle see that prompts her mother to notify authorities?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
3. How does Alice respond to Jax's worry that Taylor does not truly love him?
4. What do Turtle and Taylor learn at The Casa Suerte?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
5. How do the producers of the Oprah show...
This section contains 991 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)