|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Franklin give Annawake permission to track down Turtle?
(a) Because he believes that Taylor stole Turtle.
(b) Because he believes that every child should have the experience of Indian life.
(c) Because he wanted Annawake out of the office.
(d) Because he believes that Turtle is in an unsafe home.
2. What animal does Alice's next door neighbor raise?
3. Which talk show phones Turtle seeking an interview?
(a) The Geraldo Rivera Show.
(b) The Donahue Show.
(c) The Sally Jesse Raphael Show.
(d) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
(b) That they sexually abused Turtle.
(c) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
(d) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
5. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
(b) Grand larceny.
(c) Souvenier purchases.
(d) Animal poaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annawake traveling to Tucson, where she plans to interview Taylor?
2. What is Turtle's favorite fruit?
3. As Turtle and Taylor board the plane for the first time in their lives, where are they going?
4. What is the name of the town where Alice's cousin, Sugar, lives?
5. Where is Turtle abandoned as a child?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)