|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
(a) Grand larceny.
(c) Animal poaching.
(d) Souvenier purchases.
2. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
(a) Because the Indians were taking all of the whites' jobs.
(b) Because the whites knew how to better farm the Indians' land.
(c) Because the Indian land was better than the whites' land.
(d) Because the whites were terrified of the Indians' skin color.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She has a daughter.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She likes a man that can talk.
4. Who does Taylor call to visit her when she realizes that she needs more money?
(c) Cash Stillwater.
5. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
(a) She cries alongside her daugher.
(b) She talks with her endlessly.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She slaps her across the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alice call to double-check the accuracy of information that she has heard about Turtle's rescue?
2. Whose idea is it for Barbie to travel with the family?
3. Which of the following emotions best reflects Gundi's attitude toward Jax after he reads Annawake's letter?
4. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
5. Why is Annawake traveling to Tucson, where she plans to interview Taylor?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)