|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
2. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
3. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
4. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
5. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
2. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
3. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
4. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
5. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
6. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
7. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
8. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
9. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
10. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cassie, Alex and Will have all experienced shame. Compare and contrast the shame, its cause and how it is dealt with among these three characters. Of the three, decide who has dealt with his/her feelings of shame most effectively and why.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cassie, Alex and Will each identify themselves within the world around them. Be sure to consider the venues they choose to live in, or not live in.
Essay Topic 3
Does Alex's fame enable him to be an abuser or make him more likely to abuse? Explain. Why does Cassie decide to expose Alex publicly at the end of the story? How does fame add to or take away from the challenges that Alex and Cassie face in the book?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)