|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
2. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
3. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
4. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
5. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
2. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
3. Is Cassie an honest person?
4. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
5. Describe Cyrus.
6. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
7. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
8. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
9. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
10. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Alex's fame enable him to be an abuser or make him more likely to abuse? Explain. Why does Cassie decide to expose Alex publicly at the end of the story? How does fame add to or take away from the challenges that Alex and Cassie face in the book?
Essay Topic 2
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Cassie, Alex and Will each identify themselves within the world around them. Be sure to consider the venues they choose to live in, or not live in.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)