|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
2. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
3. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
4. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
5. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex uses multiple personas to get through life in a way that looks good to his audience.
1) At what points in Picture Perfect do you think that Alex is truly being himself rather than acting a role?
2) Why does Alex cease going to the therapy sessions with Cassie?
3) Does anyone else in the story seem to realize that Alex is always putting on an act? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Control of ones self and the people around one is a key topic in Picture Perfect.
1) Is Alex or Ophelia better at manipulating people?
2) Is Cassie a complete victim?
3) Do you feel sorry for Alex based on the circumstances of his childhood?
Essay Topic 3
Cassie has visits from and discussions with her dead friend Connor throughout Picture Perfect.
1) Analyze these experiences in terms of what they are and how they help Cassie or hold her back.
2) Compare and contrast Connor with William Flying Horse.
3) Analyze the importance of the rock with CMM 1969 etched on it.
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)