|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
2. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
3. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
4. Why do Cassie and Alex plan to marry on the movie set?
5. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Cassie lead Will on?
2. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
3. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
4. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
5. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
6. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
7. Is Cassie an honest person?
8. Describe Cyrus.
9. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
10. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cassie, Alex and Will each identify themselves within the world around them. Be sure to consider the venues they choose to live in, or not live in.
Essay Topic 3
Domestic abuse is not easy to deal with for anyone. If you were Ophelia or Will, how would deal with knowing that a good friend is being abused. Did each of them handle the situation correctly? Are there any other characters in the novel that could have or should have intervened? Explain.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)