|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie name her baby?
2. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
3. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
4. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
5. Who is Cyrus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
2. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
3. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
4. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
5. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
6. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
7. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
8. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
9. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
10. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
Essay Topic 2
The Native American legends included in the novel are used to imply, predict, foreshadow or point out contrasting elements at different times.
1) Select one legend in the novel that you feel does the best job of foreshadowing events to come and offer specifics to support your answer.
2) Explain why the author chose to incorporate these legends instead of making her point another way.
3) Do the legends portray Native Americans in a positive or negative light? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dorothea and Cyrus represent the Sioux lifestyle that was so difficult for Will growing up, and yet seems to define him despite his efforts to run from it.
1) Choose either Dorothea or Cyrus and explain how they impact Cassie's future.
2) Select an item from the Sioux life that you feel has strong symbolism in Picture Perfect and analyze this item.
3) Do you think that Will was right or wrong to leave the reservation when he did?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)