|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
2. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
3. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
4. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
5. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
2. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
3. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
4. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
5. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
6. Does Cassie lead Will on?
7. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
8. Is Cassie an honest person?
9. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
10. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cassie has visits from and discussions with her dead friend Connor throughout Picture Perfect.
1) Analyze these experiences in terms of what they are and how they help Cassie or hold her back.
2) Compare and contrast Connor with William Flying Horse.
3) Analyze the importance of the rock with CMM 1969 etched on it.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cassie, Alex and Will each identify themselves within the world around them. Be sure to consider the venues they choose to live in, or not live in.
Essay Topic 3
Cassie, Alex and Will have all experienced shame. Compare and contrast the shame, its cause and how it is dealt with among these three characters. Of the three, decide who has dealt with his/her feelings of shame most effectively and why.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)