|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cyrus?
2. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
3. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
5. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
2. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
3. Is Cassie an honest person?
4. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
5. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
6. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
7. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
8. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
9. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
10. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The settings in Picture Perfect are many and they vary greatly: from a graveyard to a Bel-air mansion, to a sweat lodge on a Sioux reservation, to a dig in Africa. Cassie and the other characters seem to inhabit a number of different worlds. Select three of the settings in the story. For each, describe which characters are most and least comfortable there (or would be), what that venue represents to the story and to Cassie, and why you believe the author chose to include it.
Essay Topic 2
Control of ones self and the people around one is a key topic in Picture Perfect.
1) Is Alex or Ophelia better at manipulating people?
2) Is Cassie a complete victim?
3) Do you feel sorry for Alex based on the circumstances of his childhood?
Essay Topic 3
Dorothea and Cyrus represent the Sioux lifestyle that was so difficult for Will growing up, and yet seems to define him despite his efforts to run from it.
1) Choose either Dorothea or Cyrus and explain how they impact Cassie's future.
2) Select an item from the Sioux life that you feel has strong symbolism in Picture Perfect and analyze this item.
3) Do you think that Will was right or wrong to leave the reservation when he did?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)