Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
3. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
4. Who is Jack Green?
5. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
Essay Topic 1
The settings in Picture Perfect are many and they vary greatly: from a graveyard to a Bel-air mansion, to a sweat lodge on a Sioux reservation, to a dig in Africa. Cassie and the other characters seem to inhabit a number of different worlds. Select three of the settings in the story. For each, describe which characters are most and least comfortable there (or would be), what that venue represents to the story and to Cassie, and why you believe the author chose to include it.
Essay Topic 2
Cassie's amnesia allows her to view Alex from the perspective of someone who's never met him before, that is, until her memory returns. Yet she follows the same patterns of behavior as she did before and accepts her abuse until she realizes that he might hurt her unborn child.
1) Is Cassie destined to find herself in an abusive relationship due to her childhood?
2) What benefit does she gain from their relationship?
3) Will she be able to have a meaningful relationship with Will?
Support your answers with specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Cassie has visits from and discussions with her dead friend Connor throughout Picture Perfect.
1) Analyze these experiences in terms of what they are and how they help Cassie or hold her back.
2) Compare and contrast Connor with William Flying Horse.
3) Analyze the importance of the rock with CMM 1969 etched on it.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)