|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
3. What does Cassie receive from Will in Chapter Twenty-Six?
4. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
5. What is the title of the screenplay that Cassie thinks will help Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Memory and prejudice both play important roles in Picture Perfect.
1) Describe how the author uses prejudice to create feelings about certain characters in the novel.
2) Explain how memory or the lack thereof can help to create or reduce prejudice based on examples in the story.
3) Select a minor character from the novel (Connor, Dorothea, Ophelia...) and explain how memory and prejudice play out in the growth or development of that character and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The definition of possessions is likely different in the Sioux world and the white world. Using examples in Picture Perfect, select three objects or persons in the story that someone sees as his/her possession. Analyze how the owner comes to this decision and the meaning that ownership has to that person.
This section contains 1,449 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)