|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
2. What does Alex bring to Cassie to celebrate her discovery in Chapter Sixteen?
3. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
4. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
5. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
2. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
3. Describe Cyrus.
4. Is Cassie an honest person?
5. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
6. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
7. Does Cassie lead Will on?
8. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
9. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
10. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Domestic abuse is not easy to deal with for anyone. If you were Ophelia or Will, how would deal with knowing that a good friend is being abused. Did each of them handle the situation correctly? Are there any other characters in the novel that could have or should have intervened? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters in Picture Perfect have troubled childhoods that they are trying to deal with.
1) Which character in the novel has the best method of dealing with a troubled past? The worst?
2) If Connor had survived his father's murder attempt, describe the type of person he might be today.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)