|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
3. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
4. Who is Jack Green?
5. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters in Picture Perfect have troubled childhoods that they are trying to deal with.
1) Which character in the novel has the best method of dealing with a troubled past? The worst?
2) If Connor had survived his father's murder attempt, describe the type of person he might be today.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cassie's role as an anthropologist helps or hinders her on her life journey. How do the cultures that she exists in contribute to her growth or limit her? What discoveries does she make in the novel and how do they impact her growth and development?
Essay Topic 3
Memory and prejudice both play important roles in Picture Perfect.
1) Describe how the author uses prejudice to create feelings about certain characters in the novel.
2) Explain how memory or the lack thereof can help to create or reduce prejudice based on examples in the story.
3) Select a minor character from the novel (Connor, Dorothea, Ophelia...) and explain how memory and prejudice play out in the growth or development of that character and their role in the novel.
This section contains 1,442 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)