|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
2. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
3. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
4. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
5. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
2. Is Cassie an honest person?
3. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
4. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
5. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
6. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
7. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
8. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
9. Does Cassie lead Will on?
10. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The settings in Picture Perfect are many and they vary greatly: from a graveyard to a Bel-air mansion, to a sweat lodge on a Sioux reservation, to a dig in Africa. Cassie and the other characters seem to inhabit a number of different worlds. Select three of the settings in the story. For each, describe which characters are most and least comfortable there (or would be), what that venue represents to the story and to Cassie, and why you believe the author chose to include it.
Essay Topic 2
Does Alex's fame enable him to be an abuser or make him more likely to abuse? Explain. Why does Cassie decide to expose Alex publicly at the end of the story? How does fame add to or take away from the challenges that Alex and Cassie face in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Cassie's role as an anthropologist helps or hinders her on her life journey. How do the cultures that she exists in contribute to her growth or limit her? What discoveries does she make in the novel and how do they impact her growth and development?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)