|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
2. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
3. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
4. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
5. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Cassie lead Will on?
2. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
3. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
4. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
5. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
6. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
7. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
8. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
9. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
10. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dorothea and Cyrus represent the Sioux lifestyle that was so difficult for Will growing up, and yet seems to define him despite his efforts to run from it.
1) Choose either Dorothea or Cyrus and explain how they impact Cassie's future.
2) Select an item from the Sioux life that you feel has strong symbolism in Picture Perfect and analyze this item.
3) Do you think that Will was right or wrong to leave the reservation when he did?
Essay Topic 2
Was Cassie wise or foolish to throw the Tylenol out the window and trust in tribal healing beliefs and why? If baby Connor had not gotten better after she threw out the medicine, what impact would that have had on the story? Are the Sioux rituals in the story meant to represent something or are they meant to get the reader to be more open-minded about different belief systems?
Essay Topic 3
Control of ones self and the people around one is a key topic in Picture Perfect.
1) Is Alex or Ophelia better at manipulating people?
2) Is Cassie a complete victim?
3) Do you feel sorry for Alex based on the circumstances of his childhood?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)