|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
3. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
4. Who is Jack Green?
5. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
Essay Topic 1
The characters of William Flying Horse and Alex Rivers can easily be labeled as the good and bad guys in Picture Perfect. However, Jodi Picoult gives each both good and bad qualities which makes the story a little less black and white in many ways.
1) Do you think that William or Alex had a more difficult childhood? Explain.
2) Why does Alex become an actor while William becomes a police officer? Does this make a statement about actors and police officers in general?
3) Analyze the best qualities of Alex and the worst qualities of William.
Essay Topic 2
Control of ones self and the people around one is a key topic in Picture Perfect.
1) Is Alex or Ophelia better at manipulating people?
2) Is Cassie a complete victim?
3) Do you feel sorry for Alex based on the circumstances of his childhood?
Essay Topic 3
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
This section contains 1,442 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)