|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
2. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
3. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
4. Who is Jack Green?
5. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
2. Does Cassie lead Will on?
3. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
4. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
5. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
6. Is Cassie an honest person?
7. Describe Cyrus.
8. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
9. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
10. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Domestic abuse is not easy to deal with for anyone. If you were Ophelia or Will, how would deal with knowing that a good friend is being abused. Did each of them handle the situation correctly? Are there any other characters in the novel that could have or should have intervened? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The Native American legends included in the novel are used to imply, predict, foreshadow or point out contrasting elements at different times.
1) Select one legend in the novel that you feel does the best job of foreshadowing events to come and offer specifics to support your answer.
2) Explain why the author chose to incorporate these legends instead of making her point another way.
3) Do the legends portray Native Americans in a positive or negative light? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Does Alex's fame enable him to be an abuser or make him more likely to abuse? Explain. Why does Cassie decide to expose Alex publicly at the end of the story? How does fame add to or take away from the challenges that Alex and Cassie face in the book?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)