|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
2. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
3. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
4. What is the title of the screenplay that Cassie thinks will help Alex?
5. Who is Cyrus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
2. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
3. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
4. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
5. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
6. Does Cassie lead Will on?
7. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
8. Is Cassie an honest person?
9. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
10. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex uses multiple personas to get through life in a way that looks good to his audience.
1) At what points in Picture Perfect do you think that Alex is truly being himself rather than acting a role?
2) Why does Alex cease going to the therapy sessions with Cassie?
3) Does anyone else in the story seem to realize that Alex is always putting on an act? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
Essay Topic 3
Domestic abuse is not easy to deal with for anyone. If you were Ophelia or Will, how would deal with knowing that a good friend is being abused. Did each of them handle the situation correctly? Are there any other characters in the novel that could have or should have intervened? Explain.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)