Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
3. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
4. Who is Jack Green?
5. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
Essay Topic 1
The definition of possessions is likely different in the Sioux world and the white world. Using examples in Picture Perfect, select three objects or persons in the story that someone sees as his/her possession. Analyze how the owner comes to this decision and the meaning that ownership has to that person.
Essay Topic 2
The settings in Picture Perfect are many and they vary greatly: from a graveyard to a Bel-air mansion, to a sweat lodge on a Sioux reservation, to a dig in Africa. Cassie and the other characters seem to inhabit a number of different worlds. Select three of the settings in the story. For each, describe which characters are most and least comfortable there (or would be), what that venue represents to the story and to Cassie, and why you believe the author chose to include it.
Essay Topic 3
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)