|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
2. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
3. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
4. Who is Jack Green?
5. What happens to Cassie when Alex abuses and kicks her in Chapter Twenty-Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
2. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
3. Describe Cyrus.
4. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
5. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
6. Does Cassie lead Will on?
7. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
8. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
9. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
10. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Memory and prejudice both play important roles in Picture Perfect.
1) Describe how the author uses prejudice to create feelings about certain characters in the novel.
2) Explain how memory or the lack thereof can help to create or reduce prejudice based on examples in the story.
3) Select a minor character from the novel (Connor, Dorothea, Ophelia...) and explain how memory and prejudice play out in the growth or development of that character and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cassie's role as an anthropologist helps or hinders her on her life journey. How do the cultures that she exists in contribute to her growth or limit her? What discoveries does she make in the novel and how do they impact her growth and development?
Essay Topic 3
Cassie has visits from and discussions with her dead friend Connor throughout Picture Perfect.
1) Analyze these experiences in terms of what they are and how they help Cassie or hold her back.
2) Compare and contrast Connor with William Flying Horse.
3) Analyze the importance of the rock with CMM 1969 etched on it.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)