|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
2. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
3. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
4. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
5. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
Essay Topic 1
The Native American legends included in the novel are used to imply, predict, foreshadow or point out contrasting elements at different times.
1) Select one legend in the novel that you feel does the best job of foreshadowing events to come and offer specifics to support your answer.
2) Explain why the author chose to incorporate these legends instead of making her point another way.
3) Do the legends portray Native Americans in a positive or negative light? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cassie, Alex and Will each identify themselves within the world around them. Be sure to consider the venues they choose to live in, or not live in.
Essay Topic 3
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
This section contains 1,480 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)