Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
3. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
4. Who is Jack Green?
5. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
Essay Topic 1
Cassie tells the story with a surprising amount of sympathy towards her abuser.
1) Explain which character in Picture Perfect would give a most accurate description of the events? The least?
2) What other storytelling perspective (third person, journal entries) or character would give the most dramatically different rendition of events and why?
Essay Topic 2
Cassie, Alex and Will have all experienced shame. Compare and contrast the shame, its cause and how it is dealt with among these three characters. Of the three, decide who has dealt with his/her feelings of shame most effectively and why.
Essay Topic 3
The settings in Picture Perfect are many and they vary greatly: from a graveyard to a Bel-air mansion, to a sweat lodge on a Sioux reservation, to a dig in Africa. Cassie and the other characters seem to inhabit a number of different worlds. Select three of the settings in the story. For each, describe which characters are most and least comfortable there (or would be), what that venue represents to the story and to Cassie, and why you believe the author chose to include it.
This section contains 1,442 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)