|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
2. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
3. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
4. What do Cassie and Dorothea do together?
5. What is a "wasicum"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
2. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
3. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
4. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
5. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
6. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
7. Is Cassie an honest person?
8. Describe Cyrus.
9. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
10. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters in Picture Perfect have troubled childhoods that they are trying to deal with.
1) Which character in the novel has the best method of dealing with a troubled past? The worst?
2) If Connor had survived his father's murder attempt, describe the type of person he might be today.
Essay Topic 2
Control of ones self and the people around one is a key topic in Picture Perfect.
1) Is Alex or Ophelia better at manipulating people?
2) Is Cassie a complete victim?
3) Do you feel sorry for Alex based on the circumstances of his childhood?
Essay Topic 3
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)