|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane realize that her profession is?
2. Who does Will tell Jane that he is with in Chapter Two?
3. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
4. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
5. What play does Cassie hear Alex practicing their first night together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alex's relationship with his father like?
2. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
3. What expectations does the Algonquin legend put in place for the novel?
4. How does Alex view himself?
5. How does Alex express his loving feeling for Cassie?
6. What role does Herb Silver play in Chapter Three?
7. Does Cassie trust Alex in Chapter Four?
8. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
9. How does Alex react to the visit to the pediatric hospital?
10. Explain the importance of Nick LaRue in Chapter Seven.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The definition of possessions is likely different in the Sioux world and the white world. Using examples in Picture Perfect, select three objects or persons in the story that someone sees as his/her possession. Analyze how the owner comes to this decision and the meaning that ownership has to that person.
Essay Topic 2
Was Cassie wise or foolish to throw the Tylenol out the window and trust in tribal healing beliefs and why? If baby Connor had not gotten better after she threw out the medicine, what impact would that have had on the story? Are the Sioux rituals in the story meant to represent something or are they meant to get the reader to be more open-minded about different belief systems?
Essay Topic 3
Cassie's amnesia allows her to view Alex from the perspective of someone who's never met him before, that is, until her memory returns. Yet she follows the same patterns of behavior as she did before and accepts her abuse until she realizes that he might hurt her unborn child.
1) Is Cassie destined to find herself in an abusive relationship due to her childhood?
2) What benefit does she gain from their relationship?
3) Will she be able to have a meaningful relationship with Will?
Support your answers with specific examples.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)