|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, specifically, did Will see the shaman to ask about becoming?
2. What does Cassie say that Connor inspired her to do?
3. What is the name of the movie in which Alex has been nominated for an Oscar?
4. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
5. What vision did Will see on his vision quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Cassie trust Alex in Chapter Four?
2. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
3. Describe Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air.
4. Why are Herb and Alex surprised at Cassie's angry outburst?
5. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
6. Why does Will buy new furniture in Chapter Eight?
7. Describe the relationship between Alex and Ophelia.
8. How does William's vision quest relate to his meeting Cassie?
9. How does Jane Doe react to waking up in a stranger's car?
10. How does Cassie start to realize that Alex is attempting to control her life in Chapter Seven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Cassie, Alex and Will have all experienced shame. Compare and contrast the shame, its cause and how it is dealt with among these three characters. Of the three, decide who has dealt with his/her feelings of shame most effectively and why.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Cassie's role as an anthropologist helps or hinders her on her life journey. How do the cultures that she exists in contribute to her growth or limit her? What discoveries does she make in the novel and how do they impact her growth and development?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)