|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie say that she wanted to be when Connor first moved in next door to her?
2. What does Cassie ask Alex to help her do in Chapter Six?
3. What is Alex's response when Jane hugs Will?
4. What is the profession of Jane's husband?
5. What is the name of the movie in which Alex has been nominated for an Oscar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cassie start to realize that Alex is attempting to control her life in Chapter Seven?
2. How does Alex react to the visit to the pediatric hospital?
3. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
4. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
5. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
6. How does Cassie make the decision to leave Alex in Chapter Nine?
7. What role does Herb Silver play in Chapter Three?
8. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
9. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
10. Why are Herb and Alex surprised at Cassie's angry outburst?
Essay Topic 1
Cassie's amnesia allows her to view Alex from the perspective of someone who's never met him before, that is, until her memory returns. Yet she follows the same patterns of behavior as she did before and accepts her abuse until she realizes that he might hurt her unborn child.
1) Is Cassie destined to find herself in an abusive relationship due to her childhood?
2) What benefit does she gain from their relationship?
3) Will she be able to have a meaningful relationship with Will?
Support your answers with specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
Essay Topic 3
In a sense, Picture Perfect is Cassie's story of healing from a lifetime of pain. Which events in the novel do you feel were pivotal in Cassie's healing? Which other characters are able to heal in the story, and which are not able to heal their wounds and why? Are there specific characters or places in the book that are associated with pain or healing? Explain.
This section contains 2,135 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)