Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
2. Who is Captain Watkins?
3. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
4. What does Alex say when Cassie asks him why she doesn't see Connor anymore?
5. What is the name of Alex's Oscar nominated movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
2. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
3. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
4. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
5. How does Cassie's association with the Lakotas change her life?
6. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
7. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
8. What is Alex's relationship with his father like?
9. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
10. How does Cassie start to realize that Alex is attempting to control her life in Chapter Seven?
Essay Topic 1
Was Cassie wise or foolish to throw the Tylenol out the window and trust in tribal healing beliefs and why? If baby Connor had not gotten better after she threw out the medicine, what impact would that have had on the story? Are the Sioux rituals in the story meant to represent something or are they meant to get the reader to be more open-minded about different belief systems?
Essay Topic 2
Cassie's amnesia allows her to view Alex from the perspective of someone who's never met him before, that is, until her memory returns. Yet she follows the same patterns of behavior as she did before and accepts her abuse until she realizes that he might hurt her unborn child.
1) Is Cassie destined to find herself in an abusive relationship due to her childhood?
2) What benefit does she gain from their relationship?
3) Will she be able to have a meaningful relationship with Will?
Support your answers with specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Cassie tells the story with a surprising amount of sympathy towards her abuser.
1) Explain which character in Picture Perfect would give a most accurate description of the events? The least?
2) What other storytelling perspective (third person, journal entries) or character would give the most dramatically different rendition of events and why?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)