|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alex do with the object he and his father built together when it is finally completed?
2. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
3. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
4. What does Alex say when Cassie asks him why she doesn't see Connor anymore?
5. What words occur to Cassie in Chapter Five that she recalls from a lecture she attended on Native American culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
2. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
3. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
4. What is Cassie's impression of Alex in Chapter Seven?
5. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
6. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
7. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
8. Describe the setting where the woman with amnesia wakes up in Chapter One.
9. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
10. How does the driver, John, represent Alex's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cassie, Alex and Will have all experienced shame. Compare and contrast the shame, its cause and how it is dealt with among these three characters. Of the three, decide who has dealt with his/her feelings of shame most effectively and why.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in Picture Perfect have troubled childhoods that they are trying to deal with.
1) Which character in the novel has the best method of dealing with a troubled past? The worst?
2) If Connor had survived his father's murder attempt, describe the type of person he might be today.
Essay Topic 3
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
This section contains 2,162 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)