|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will buy in Chapter Eight?
2. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
3. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
4. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
5. What article of clothing does Alex have organized by color?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
2. How does Cassie feel towards Alex when he first takes her back to their Malibu apartment in Chapter Four?
3. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
4. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
5. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
6. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
7. Why does Will buy new furniture in Chapter Eight?
8. What do Cassie's lives in Maine, Tanzania and Malibu illustrate in Chapter Five?
9. Is Cassie an honest person?
10. What expectations does the Algonquin legend put in place for the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Alex uses multiple personas to get through life in a way that looks good to his audience.
1) At what points in Picture Perfect do you think that Alex is truly being himself rather than acting a role?
2) Why does Alex cease going to the therapy sessions with Cassie?
3) Does anyone else in the story seem to realize that Alex is always putting on an act? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Cassie, Alex and Will have all experienced shame. Compare and contrast the shame, its cause and how it is dealt with among these three characters. Of the three, decide who has dealt with his/her feelings of shame most effectively and why.
Essay Topic 3
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
This section contains 1,987 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)