|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
2. Who is Captain Watkins?
3. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
4. What does Alex say when Cassie asks him why she doesn't see Connor anymore?
5. What is the name of Alex's Oscar nominated movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
2. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
3. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
4. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
5. How does Cassie's association with the Lakotas change her life?
6. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
7. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
8. What is Alex's relationship with his father like?
9. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
10. How does Cassie start to realize that Alex is attempting to control her life in Chapter Seven?
Essay Topic 1
Does Alex's fame enable him to be an abuser or make him more likely to abuse? Explain. Why does Cassie decide to expose Alex publicly at the end of the story? How does fame add to or take away from the challenges that Alex and Cassie face in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Memory and prejudice both play important roles in Picture Perfect.
1) Describe how the author uses prejudice to create feelings about certain characters in the novel.
2) Explain how memory or the lack thereof can help to create or reduce prejudice based on examples in the story.
3) Select a minor character from the novel (Connor, Dorothea, Ophelia...) and explain how memory and prejudice play out in the growth or development of that character and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Cassie's amnesia allows her to view Alex from the perspective of someone who's never met him before, that is, until her memory returns. Yet she follows the same patterns of behavior as she did before and accepts her abuse until she realizes that he might hurt her unborn child.
1) Is Cassie destined to find herself in an abusive relationship due to her childhood?
2) What benefit does she gain from their relationship?
3) Will she be able to have a meaningful relationship with Will?
Support your answers with specific examples.
This section contains 2,060 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)