|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment did Alex suffer from as a child?
2. What does Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air look like?
3. What animal did Will see on his vision quest to the shaman?
4. Why does Cassie have a sabbatical from her job at UCLA?
5. What does Herb Silver want to do about media coverage regarding Cassie's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
2. Describe the setting where the woman with amnesia wakes up in Chapter One.
3. Why is Jane's recollection about discovering hand bones important?
4. Describe William Flying Horse's experience as a half-Sioux person.
5. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
6. Describe Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air.
7. Does Cassie trust Alex in Chapter Four?
8. How does Cassie make the decision to leave Alex in Chapter Nine?
9. How does Alex react to the visit to the pediatric hospital?
10. What is Cassie's impression of Alex in Chapter Seven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Control of ones self and the people around one is a key topic in Picture Perfect.
1) Is Alex or Ophelia better at manipulating people?
2) Is Cassie a complete victim?
3) Do you feel sorry for Alex based on the circumstances of his childhood?
Essay Topic 2
Cassie tells the story with a surprising amount of sympathy towards her abuser.
1) Explain which character in Picture Perfect would give a most accurate description of the events? The least?
2) What other storytelling perspective (third person, journal entries) or character would give the most dramatically different rendition of events and why?
Essay Topic 3
Cassie's amnesia allows her to view Alex from the perspective of someone who's never met him before, that is, until her memory returns. Yet she follows the same patterns of behavior as she did before and accepts her abuse until she realizes that he might hurt her unborn child.
1) Is Cassie destined to find herself in an abusive relationship due to her childhood?
2) What benefit does she gain from their relationship?
3) Will she be able to have a meaningful relationship with Will?
Support your answers with specific examples.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)