|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Cassie his parents live?
2. Who took William Flying Horse to visit a shaman when he was a child?
3. Where does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
4. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
5. What does Cassie recall Alex demanding for breakfast when he was filming Antony and Cleopatra?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cassie's impression of Alex in Chapter Seven?
2. Who is Connor and why is he important to Cassie?
3. Describe William Flying Horse's experience as a half-Sioux person.
4. Describe the relationship between Alex and Ophelia.
5. Describe Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air.
6. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
7. What expectations does the Algonquin legend put in place for the novel?
8. How does the driver, John, represent Alex's life?
9. How does Alex react to the visit to the pediatric hospital?
10. How do Jane and William get to know each other better in Chapter Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cassie tells the story with a surprising amount of sympathy towards her abuser.
1) Explain which character in Picture Perfect would give a most accurate description of the events? The least?
2) What other storytelling perspective (third person, journal entries) or character would give the most dramatically different rendition of events and why?
Essay Topic 2
The Native American legends included in the novel are used to imply, predict, foreshadow or point out contrasting elements at different times.
1) Select one legend in the novel that you feel does the best job of foreshadowing events to come and offer specifics to support your answer.
2) Explain why the author chose to incorporate these legends instead of making her point another way.
3) Do the legends portray Native Americans in a positive or negative light? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters in Picture Perfect have troubled childhoods that they are trying to deal with.
1) Which character in the novel has the best method of dealing with a troubled past? The worst?
2) If Connor had survived his father's murder attempt, describe the type of person he might be today.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)