|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Will in Chapter Nine?
2. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
3. Who tells Cassie that she is "dressed like a whore" on the night that Alex gets into a fight?
4. What happens to the photographer who takes Alex and Cassie's picture when they go out to dinner in Chapter Seven?
5. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
2. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
3. What is Cassie's impression of Alex in Chapter Seven?
4. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
5. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
6. What is Alex's relationship with his father like?
7. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
8. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
9. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
10. How does Cassie feel towards Alex when he first takes her back to their Malibu apartment in Chapter Four?
Essay Topic 1
The symbolism of Alex having a hole in his heart is a very strong metaphor.
1) Use the movies that Alex chooses to star in to analyze this character's motives and goals.
2) Explain what would be lost from the novel if the scene at the pediatric hospital was not included.
3) How does Alex attempt to fill the hole in his heart?
Essay Topic 2
Cassie has visits from and discussions with her dead friend Connor throughout Picture Perfect.
1) Analyze these experiences in terms of what they are and how they help Cassie or hold her back.
2) Compare and contrast Connor with William Flying Horse.
3) Analyze the importance of the rock with CMM 1969 etched on it.
Essay Topic 3
Cassie, Alex and Will have all experienced shame. Compare and contrast the shame, its cause and how it is dealt with among these three characters. Of the three, decide who has dealt with his/her feelings of shame most effectively and why.
This section contains 2,168 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)