|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cassie and Connor steal together?
2. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
3. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
4. What is the pet name that Alex calls Jane?
5. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Eskimo Indian legend in Chapter Ten?
2. What role does Herb Silver play in Chapter Three?
3. What expectations does the Algonquin legend put in place for the novel?
4. Describe the relationship between Alex and Ophelia.
5. How does William's vision quest relate to his meeting Cassie?
6. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
7. What do Cassie's lives in Maine, Tanzania and Malibu illustrate in Chapter Five?
8. Describe the setting where the woman with amnesia wakes up in Chapter One.
9. Is Jane Doe or William more vulnerable in Chapter Two?
10. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters in Picture Perfect have troubled childhoods that they are trying to deal with.
1) Which character in the novel has the best method of dealing with a troubled past? The worst?
2) If Connor had survived his father's murder attempt, describe the type of person he might be today.
Essay Topic 2
Cassie has visits from and discussions with her dead friend Connor throughout Picture Perfect.
1) Analyze these experiences in terms of what they are and how they help Cassie or hold her back.
2) Compare and contrast Connor with William Flying Horse.
3) Analyze the importance of the rock with CMM 1969 etched on it.
Essay Topic 3
Alex uses multiple personas to get through life in a way that looks good to his audience.
1) At what points in Picture Perfect do you think that Alex is truly being himself rather than acting a role?
2) Why does Alex cease going to the therapy sessions with Cassie?
3) Does anyone else in the story seem to realize that Alex is always putting on an act? Explain.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)