|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actor's name that the woman with amnesia recognizes on a billboard?
2. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
3. Why is Will at the restaurant the night that Alex gets into a fight?
4. What did the Sioux do to a woman who committed adultery?
5. To which tribe does is William Flying Horse belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Cassie's lives in Maine, Tanzania and Malibu illustrate in Chapter Five?
2. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
3. Why is Jane's recollection about discovering hand bones important?
4. What is Cassie's impression of Alex in Chapter Seven?
5. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
6. Why does Will buy new furniture in Chapter Eight?
7. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
8. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
9. How do Jane and William get to know each other better in Chapter Two?
10. Why are Herb and Alex surprised at Cassie's angry outburst?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters of William Flying Horse and Alex Rivers can easily be labeled as the good and bad guys in Picture Perfect. However, Jodi Picoult gives each both good and bad qualities which makes the story a little less black and white in many ways.
1) Do you think that William or Alex had a more difficult childhood? Explain.
2) Why does Alex become an actor while William becomes a police officer? Does this make a statement about actors and police officers in general?
3) Analyze the best qualities of Alex and the worst qualities of William.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cassie's role as an anthropologist helps or hinders her on her life journey. How do the cultures that she exists in contribute to her growth or limit her? What discoveries does she make in the novel and how do they impact her growth and development?
Essay Topic 3
Dorothea and Cyrus represent the Sioux lifestyle that was so difficult for Will growing up, and yet seems to define him despite his efforts to run from it.
1) Choose either Dorothea or Cyrus and explain how they impact Cassie's future.
2) Select an item from the Sioux life that you feel has strong symbolism in Picture Perfect and analyze this item.
3) Do you think that Will was right or wrong to leave the reservation when he did?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)