|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A wooden carving.
(b) A jigsaw puzzle and suduko.
(c) A fishing lure.
(d) A crossword puzzle and knitting.
2. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) To care for her sick father.
(b) To have their child.
(c) She was on a dig in Africa.
(d) She was being treated for depression.
3. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
(a) Little Bear.
(c) Big Dipper.
4. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
(a) Use a bow and arrow.
(b) Saddle a horse.
(c) Read trail markers.
(d) Catch a fish with her hands.
5. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(b) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(c) To Maine to see her sick father.
(d) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
2. What does the prenuptial agreement between Alex and Cassie specify?
3. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
4. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
5. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
2. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
3. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
4. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
5. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
6. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
7. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
8. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
9. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
10. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)