|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
(b) Beat him and left him to die.
(c) Gambled and sold his mother.
(d) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
2. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
(a) The watch that Alex gave her.
(b) Birth control pills.
(c) Connor's rock.
(d) A research journal.
3. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) A chicken bone.
(b) A jar of melted snow.
(c) A kimono.
(d) An bracelet.
4. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(a) Stories and bones.
(c) Other's problems.
5. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
(a) Her father tells him.
(b) A tabloid discovers her location.
(c) He hires a private investigator.
(d) She calls him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
2. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
3. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
4. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
2. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
3. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
4. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
5. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
6. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
7. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
8. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
9. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
10. Does Cassie lead Will on?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)