|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
2. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
(a) A Louisiana child who rises above abuse.
(b) A man who heals after becoming a father.
(c) Resolution between a father and a son.
(d) An actor who mentors young boys,.
3. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) An alien invasion.
(b) An abusive spouse.
(c) An archeological discovery.
(d) A war time love story.
4. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He scoffs at her.
(d) He erupts in anger.
5. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) Herb Silver.
(c) Bernie Roth.
(d) William Flying Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
3. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
4. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
5. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
2. Does Cassie lead Will on?
3. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
4. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
5. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
6. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
7. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
8. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
9. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
10. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)