|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) William Flying Horse.
(b) Nick LaRue.
(c) Herb Silver.
(d) Bernie Roth.
2. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) To have their child.
(b) She was on a dig in Africa.
(c) To care for her sick father.
(d) She was being treated for depression.
3. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
(b) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
(c) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(d) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
4. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) His sister's illness and death.
(b) A hole in his heart.
(d) His father's transient job.
5. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
(a) They are warm and welcoming.
(b) They are overly solicitious.
(c) They are openly hostile.
(d) They are distant and cool.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
2. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
3. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
4. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
5. What happens to Cassie after Alex beats her in Chapter Sixteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
2. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
3. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
4. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
5. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
6. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
7. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
8. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
9. Describe Cyrus.
10. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)