|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) Bernie Roth.
(c) Herb Silver.
(d) Michaela Snow.
2. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their optimism.
(b) Their good luck.
(c) Their endurance.
(d) Their acceptance.
3. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
(a) Other men's women.
(c) People's emotions.
4. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A blessing ritual.
(b) A forgetting ritual.
(c) A giving-away ritual.
(d) A sending-off ritual.
5. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(b) Her huge diamond ring.
(d) A tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
2. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
3. What do Cassie and Dorothea do together?
4. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
5. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
2. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
3. Does Cassie lead Will on?
4. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
5. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
6. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
7. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
8. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
9. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
10. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)