|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
(b) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(c) To Maine to see her sick father.
(d) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
2. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A fat, greedy person.
(b) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
(c) A design or pattern.
(d) A good luck object.
3. What does Cassie receive from Will in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Baby moccasins.
(b) A rock carved with Connor's name and birthdate.
(c) A letter.
(d) A phone call.
4. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Hit the baby.
(b) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Move into another room.
5. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(b) A shaman in training.
(c) A Giver.
(d) A Kit Fox Warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
2. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
3. What happens to Cassie when Alex abuses and kicks her in Chapter Twenty-Six?
4. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
5. Why do Cassie and Alex plan to marry on the movie set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
2. Does Cassie lead Will on?
3. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
4. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
5. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
6. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
7. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
8. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
9. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
10. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)