|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What steps do Alex and Cassie take to mend their marriage after she returns home with Connor?
(a) She attends counseling session.
(b) They both attend a church group.
(c) He attends counseling sessions.
(d) They both attend counseling sessions.
2. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
(b) Beat him and left him to die.
(c) Gambled and sold his mother.
(d) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
3. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
(a) Birth control pills.
(b) Connor's rock.
(c) A research journal.
(d) The watch that Alex gave her.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Has her portrait painted.
(b) Buys her a ruby necklace.
(c) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(d) Attends her lectures.
5. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(b) Her huge diamond ring.
(c) A tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "wasicum"?
2. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
3. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
4. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
5. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)