|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) He is happy but afraid.
(b) He is cold and uncongratulatory.
(c) He congratulates her with pride in his voice.
(d) He is angry and jealous.
2. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A fat, greedy person.
(b) A good luck object.
(c) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
(d) A design or pattern.
3. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A blessing ritual.
(b) A sending-off ritual.
(c) A forgetting ritual.
(d) A giving-away ritual.
4. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
(b) To Maine to see her sick father.
(c) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(d) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
5. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
(a) Use a bow and arrow.
(b) Catch a fish with her hands.
(c) Read trail markers.
(d) Saddle a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex reluctantly agree to take Cassie and Ophelia in Chapter Fifteen?
2. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
3. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
4. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
5. What does Cassie receive from Will in Chapter Twenty-Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
2. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
3. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
4. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
5. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
6. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
7. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
8. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
9. Does Cassie lead Will on?
10. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)