|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A wooden carving.
(b) A jigsaw puzzle and suduko.
(c) A fishing lure.
(d) A crossword puzzle and knitting.
2. What does Alex bring to Cassie to celebrate her discovery in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A knitted cap.
(d) Gourmet food.
3. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Hit the baby.
(c) Move into another room.
(d) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
4. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) She was on a dig in Africa.
(b) To care for her sick father.
(c) She was being treated for depression.
(d) To have their child.
5. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) Bernie Roth.
(c) Herb Silver.
(d) Michaela Snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
3. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
4. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
2. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
3. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
4. Does Cassie lead Will on?
5. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
6. Is Will's sun dance similar to the abuse that Cassie takes from Alex?
7. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
8. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
9. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
10. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)