|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(a) A tattoo.
(c) Her huge diamond ring.
2. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) She was on a dig in Africa.
(b) She was being treated for depression.
(c) To care for her sick father.
(d) To have their child.
3. What does Cassie receive from Will in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A letter.
(c) Baby moccasins.
(d) A rock carved with Connor's name and birthdate.
4. What is the title of the screenplay that Cassie thinks will help Alex?
(a) The Story of His Life.
(b) Chance Laslo.
(c) Green Lessons.
(d) Dreams in the Bayou.
5. What does Cassie name her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
2. What happens to Cassie after Alex beats her in Chapter Sixteen?
3. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
4. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
5. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
Short Essay Questions
1. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
2. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
3. Is Cassie an honest person?
4. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
5. Is Ophelia a good friend to Cassie?
6. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
7. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
8. Describe Cyrus.
9. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
10. Does Cassie lead Will on?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)