|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
(a) A tabloid discovers her location.
(b) She calls him.
(c) He hires a private investigator.
(d) Her father tells him.
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
(b) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(c) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(d) To Maine to see her sick father.
3. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The Sioux reservation.
(c) A shelter.
(d) Ophelia's house.
4. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Hit the baby.
(b) Move into another room.
(c) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
(d) Hit her.
5. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) The cat pees in them.
(b) They are run over in the garage.
(c) The dog chews them.
(d) They are left outside and rained on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Alex scheduled to go to film a movie in Chapter Eighteen?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
3. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
4. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
5. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
2. What is William's role in Chapter Nineteen?
3. Is Cassie an honest person?
4. How does the movie premiere make Cassie feel?
5. Is Dorothea prejudiced towards white people?
6. How does Alex and Cassie's relationship begin?
7. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
8. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
9. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
10. Is Will looking after his own best interests by hiding Cassie?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)