|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
(a) By giving him weekly challenges.
(b) By leaving him in the woods.
(c) By kicking him out of the house.
(d) By wrestling with him.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Attends her lectures.
(b) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(c) Buys her a ruby necklace.
(d) Has her portrait painted.
3. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
(a) Other men's women.
(b) People's emotions.
4. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
(b) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
(c) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(d) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
5. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A giving-away ritual.
(b) A forgetting ritual.
(c) A sending-off ritual.
(d) A blessing ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
2. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
3. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
4. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
5. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What most attracts Cassie to Alex?
2. Is Cassie addicted to Alex?
3. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
4. How does the media coverage impact Cassie and Alex's relationship?
5. Is Cassie happy when she returns to the US to live with Alex in his mansion?
6. Does Cassie lead Will on?
7. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
8. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
9. Is Cassie an honest person?
10. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)