|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their good luck.
(b) Their acceptance.
(c) Their endurance.
(d) Their optimism.
2. What is the title of the screenplay that Cassie thinks will help Alex?
(a) Dreams in the Bayou.
(b) The Story of His Life.
(c) Chance Laslo.
(d) Green Lessons.
3. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) He congratulates her with pride in his voice.
(b) He is happy but afraid.
(c) He is cold and uncongratulatory.
(d) He is angry and jealous.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(b) Buys her a ruby necklace.
(c) Has her portrait painted.
(d) Attends her lectures.
5. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) They are left outside and rained on.
(b) They are run over in the garage.
(c) The dog chews them.
(d) The cat pees in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What steps do Alex and Cassie take to mend their marriage after she returns home with Connor?
2. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
3. Where does Alex reluctantly agree to take Cassie and Ophelia in Chapter Fifteen?
4. What happens to Cassie after Alex beats her in Chapter Sixteen?
5. What does the prenuptial agreement between Alex and Cassie specify?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)