|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
2. What is true about Jane in Chapter Two?
(a) She wears a wig.
(b) She has a tattoo.
(c) She wears a wedding ring.
(d) She has an artificial limb.
3. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
(a) He sees a photographer lurking outside the window.
(b) He doesn't want Cassie to accept a promotion.
(c) He sees Nick LaRue touch Cassie's arm.
(d) The waiter tears the cork while opening the wine bottle.
4. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
(a) She gets sunburned.
(b) She gets wet from the incoming tide.
(c) She dreams of Will.
(d) She dreams of a man named Curtis.
5. What type of vehicle does William Flying Horse drive?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A truck.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A city bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
2. What country does Herb Silver place a call to, telling Jane's husband that she has been found?
3. What does Cassie recall Alex demanding for breakfast when he was filming Antony and Cleopatra?
4. Who is Captain Watkins?
5. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William's vision quest relate to his meeting Cassie?
2. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
3. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
4. Does Cassie trust Alex in Chapter Four?
5. How does the driver, John, represent Alex's life?
6. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
7. Is Jane Doe or William more vulnerable in Chapter Two?
8. How does Cassie start to realize that Alex is attempting to control her life in Chapter Seven?
9. What connections to both Alex and Will does Jane/Cassie show in Chapter Three.
10. How does Cassie feel towards Alex when he first takes her back to their Malibu apartment in Chapter Four?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)