|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Ophelia and Alex's relationship?
2. What animal did Will see on his vision quest to the shaman?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A beaver.
(c) A phoenix.
(d) An eagle.
3. What sound does William Flying Horse hear that leads him to the unnamed woman?
(a) A scream for help.
(b) An owl.
(c) A baby.
4. How old was Will when his mother died?
(b) She dies during childbirth.
5. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
(b) Best Friend.
(c) CMM 1976.
(d) Connor loves Cassie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actor's name that the woman with amnesia recognizes on a billboard?
2. What does Nick LaRue tell Cassie while Alex is in the bathroom at the restaurant in Chapter Seven?
3. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
4. Who throws the woman overboard in the Eskimo legend that opens Chapter Ten?
5. What does the unnamed woman believe has happened to her when she wakes up with no memory in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Jane Doe or William more vulnerable in Chapter Two?
2. What expectations does the Algonquin legend put in place for the novel?
3. What connections to both Alex and Will does Jane/Cassie show in Chapter Three.
4. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
5. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
6. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
7. How do Jane and William get to know each other better in Chapter Two?
8. How does the driver, John, represent Alex's life?
9. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
10. What is Alex's relationship with his father like?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)