|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Eskimo Indian legend that opens Chapter Ten, what animal disguises itself as a man to enchant the woman?
(a) A bear.
(b) A bird.
(c) A seal.
(d) A wolf.
2. Why is Will angry when he returns home the first day Jane stays there alone?
(a) Captain Watkins is drinking Captain Jack with Cassie.
(b) He has been fired from his job.
(c) Cassie dug up some plants she thought were weeds.
(d) She has displayed the Indian artifacts he wants to forget.
3. Who is Captain Watkins?
(a) The man who takes Cassie to the police station.
(b) A name Cassie recalls but can't identify.
(c) Will's boss.
(d) Will's neighbor.
4. Where does Will go after Cassie and Alex leave the restaurant the night of the fight?
(a) To a church.
(c) To another call.
(d) To his date's apartment.
5. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
(a) Los Angelos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick LaRue tell Cassie while Alex is in the bathroom at the restaurant in Chapter Seven?
2. What is the name of Alex's secretary?
3. Who throws the woman overboard in the Eskimo legend that opens Chapter Ten?
4. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
5. What does Cassie remember Connor teaching her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cassie's impression of Alex in Chapter Seven?
2. How does Cassie handle Connor's warnings about Alex?
3. Describe William Flying Horse's experience as a half-Sioux person.
4. What role does Herb Silver play in Chapter Three?
5. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
6. How do Jane and William get to know each other better in Chapter Two?
7. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
8. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
9. How does William's vision quest relate to his meeting Cassie?
10. Does Cassie make the right decision by giving the father of her child one more chance to prove that he has changed?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)