|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will angry when he returns home the first day Jane stays there alone?
(a) Captain Watkins is drinking Captain Jack with Cassie.
(b) Cassie dug up some plants she thought were weeds.
(c) She has displayed the Indian artifacts he wants to forget.
(d) He has been fired from his job.
2. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Alex's press agent.
(b) Alex's sister.
(c) Cassie's sister.
(d) Cassie's friend.
3. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
(a) Jane Stone.
(b) Jane Rivers.
(c) Jane Doe.
(d) Jane Smith.
4. What happens to Will in Chapter Nine?
(a) He loses electricity.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He has a vision of Cassie flying.
(d) He gets a letter from a girl he used to know.
5. Where was Cassie supposed to go with a class before Alex arranged for her sabbatical?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actor's name that the woman with amnesia recognizes on a billboard?
2. Why does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
3. Where does Cassie watch some of Alex's movies in Chapter Eight?
4. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
5. What does Alex say when Cassie asks him why she doesn't see Connor anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
2. How do Jane and William get to know each other better in Chapter Two?
3. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
4. How does Cassie make the decision to leave Alex in Chapter Nine?
5. How do Cassie and Will's perceptions of Desperado differ and why does this matter?
6. Describe the relationship between Alex and Ophelia.
7. How does Alex express his loving feeling for Cassie?
8. Does Cassie trust Alex in Chapter Four?
9. Is Jane Doe or William more vulnerable in Chapter Two?
10. How does Cassie feel towards Alex when he first takes her back to their Malibu apartment in Chapter Four?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)