|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
(a) New Mexico.
2. Who is Captain Watkins?
(a) Will's boss.
(b) The man who takes Cassie to the police station.
(c) A name Cassie recalls but can't identify.
(d) Will's neighbor.
3. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
4. What does Alex say when Cassie asks him why she doesn't see Connor anymore?
(a) Connor broke her heart.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) Connor is dead.
(d) Connor is on active duty overseas.
5. What is the name of Alex's Oscar nominated movie?
(a) Antony and Cleopatra.
(b) The Story of His Life.
(c) Mrs. Alvarez.
(d) Picture Perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
2. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
3. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
4. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
5. What does Jane do to thank Will for his kindness in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex so comfortable camping in the woods?
2. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
3. How does Cassie's pregnancy affect her feelings for Alex?
4. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
5. How does Cassie's association with the Lakotas change her life?
6. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
7. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
8. What is Alex's relationship with his father like?
9. Is Cassie at all to blame for her role in the abuse?
10. How does Cassie start to realize that Alex is attempting to control her life in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)