|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will go after Cassie and Alex leave the restaurant the night of the fight?
(a) To a church.
(c) To another call.
(d) To his date's apartment.
2. After Alex tells Cassie why they decided to wait on having children, what does she think to herself?
(a) That this is probably his decision.
(b) That he is lying to her.
(c) That she wants a child.
(d) That she doesn't want children.
3. What article of clothing does Alex have organized by color?
4. Why does Cassie recall Alex had a tantrum about his interview with Barbara Walters?
(a) He says she tricked him with a question.
(b) His interview was to be aired second.
(c) He couldn't find his lucky tie.
(d) He arrived hungover and looks sickly.
5. What play does Cassie hear Alex practicing their first night together?
(b) "Death of a Salesman."
(c) "Romeo and Juliet."
(d) "The Importance of Being Earnest."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
2. What does Jane do during dinner after Will's first day at his new job?
3. What is Cassie's relationship with the head of her department like?
4. What words occur to Cassie in Chapter Five that she recalls from a lecture she attended on Native American culture?
5. What is Alex's response when Jane hugs Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
2. What is the significance of the Eskimo Indian legend in Chapter Ten?
3. Describe the setting where the woman with amnesia wakes up in Chapter One.
4. What do Cassie's lives in Maine, Tanzania and Malibu illustrate in Chapter Five?
5. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
6. How does Jane Doe react to waking up in a stranger's car?
7. Who is Connor and why is he important to Cassie?
8. Why are Herb and Alex surprised at Cassie's angry outburst?
9. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
10. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)