|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will watch an Alex Rivers' movie about Native American Indians?
(a) In a theater.
(b) At home.
(c) At Cassie's.
(d) Westwood Community Center.
2. Why does William Flying Horse believe he has lost his sense of direction while driving in Chapter One?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because the moon is not visible.
(c) Because he is half white.
(d) Because he is cursed.
3. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
(a) Feeding him.
(b) Ironing his shirts.
(c) Covering up a murder.
(d) Getting him out of prison.
4. Why is Will angry when he returns home the first day Jane stays there alone?
(a) Cassie dug up some plants she thought were weeds.
(b) She has displayed the Indian artifacts he wants to forget.
(c) He has been fired from his job.
(d) Captain Watkins is drinking Captain Jack with Cassie.
5. Who is Mrs. Alvarez?
(a) The subject of Alex's movie.
(b) Alex's mentor.
(c) A woman at a shelter.
(d) A maid in Alex's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
2. What country does Herb Silver place a call to, telling Jane's husband that she has been found?
3. Who took William Flying Horse to visit a shaman when he was a child?
4. What best describes Ophelia and Alex's relationship?
5. Who is Herb Silver?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane Doe react to waking up in a stranger's car?
2. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
3. Describe the setting where the woman with amnesia wakes up in Chapter One.
4. Why are Herb and Alex surprised at Cassie's angry outburst?
5. How does Cassie start to realize that Alex is attempting to control her life in Chapter Seven?
6. Describe Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air.
7. Why does Cassie become an anthropologist?
8. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
9. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
10. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)