|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
(a) Feeding him.
(b) Getting him out of prison.
(c) Ironing his shirts.
(d) Covering up a murder.
2. Where is the unnamed woman found lying in Chapter One?
(a) On a park bench.
(b) In William's garage.
(c) In a graveyard.
(d) On a sidewalk.
3. Who is Nick LaRue?
(a) A college student who interned with Cassie.
(b) An actor.
(c) An agent.
(d) The head of Cassie's department.
4. What important discovery does Jane recall that sends her to the library for information?
(a) She solved the murder of a family.
(b) Ancient hand bones.
(c) She discovered an important CEO was embezzling funds.
(d) A dead body in her car.
5. Who is Mrs. Alvarez?
(a) A maid in Alex's home.
(b) Alex's mentor.
(c) A woman at a shelter.
(d) The subject of Alex's movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassie have a sabbatical from her job at UCLA?
2. Where does Jane go to meet her husband?
3. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
4. What is the name of Alex's secretary?
5. Why is Will angry when he returns home the first day Jane stays there alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air.
2. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
3. What is the significance of the Eskimo Indian legend in Chapter Ten?
4. Who is Connor and why is he important to Cassie?
5. Why are Herb and Alex surprised at Cassie's angry outburst?
6. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
7. How does Jane Doe react to waking up in a stranger's car?
8. What connections to both Alex and Will does Jane/Cassie show in Chapter Three.
9. How does Alex express his loving feeling for Cassie?
10. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)