|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
(a) She plays slots nightly.
(b) She plays bingo twice a week.
(c) She reads dime store romance novels.
(d) She reads tabloids.
2. What does Cassie find out that Alex always does for her in Chapter Seven?
(a) Schedules her workouts.
(b) Takes her car to the shop.
(c) Cuts her meat.
(d) Picks out her clothes.
3. After Alex tells Cassie why they decided to wait on having children, what does she think to herself?
(a) That she wants a child.
(b) That this is probably his decision.
(c) That she doesn't want children.
(d) That he is lying to her.
4. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
(a) Furniture warehouse.
(d) Funeral home.
5. What country does Herb Silver place a call to, telling Jane's husband that she has been found?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Jane find at the library that she thinks might be her own?
2. What article of clothing does Alex have organized by color?
3. What sound does William Flying Horse hear that leads him to the unnamed woman?
4. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
5. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connections to both Alex and Will does Jane/Cassie show in Chapter Three.
2. How does Cassie make the decision to leave Alex in Chapter Nine?
3. How does Alex express his loving feeling for Cassie?
4. How does the driver, John, represent Alex's life?
5. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
6. What role does Herb Silver play in Chapter Three?
7. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
8. Describe Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air.
9. How does Alex view himself?
10. Who is Connor and why is he important to Cassie?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)