|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, specifically, did Will see the shaman to ask about becoming?
(a) A giver.
(b) A keeper.
(c) A seeker.
(d) A dreamer.
2. What sound does William Flying Horse hear that leads him to the unnamed woman?
(b) An owl.
(c) A baby.
(d) A scream for help.
3. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
(a) A box of bones.
(b) A box of cholocates.
(d) Plane tickets.
4. What does Cassie remember Connor teaching her to do?
5. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
(a) That he's acting.
(b) That she was a virgin.
(c) That he's depressed.
(d) That he is devoted to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Alvarez?
2. After Alex tells Cassie why they decided to wait on having children, what does she think to herself?
3. What is the actor's name that the woman with amnesia recognizes on a billboard?
4. Who tells Cassie that she is "dressed like a whore" on the night that Alex gets into a fight?
5. Who is Captain Watkins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connections to both Alex and Will does Jane/Cassie show in Chapter Three.
2. Why does Will buy new furniture in Chapter Eight?
3. Why does Cassie become an anthropologist?
4. Why is Jane's recollection about discovering hand bones important?
5. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
6. Is William Flying Horse a trusting person?
7. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
8. Describe the relationship between Alex and Ophelia.
9. How does Cassie feel towards Alex when he first takes her back to their Malibu apartment in Chapter Four?
10. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)