|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Watkins?
(a) The man who takes Cassie to the police station.
(b) A name Cassie recalls but can't identify.
(c) Will's neighbor.
(d) Will's boss.
2. What type of vehicle does William Flying Horse drive?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A city bus.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A truck.
3. What is the name of Jane's husband?
(a) Billy Watkins.
(b) Alex Rivers.
(c) Sam Silver.
(d) Boyd Barrett.
4. In the Algonquin legend that opens the novel, why is the woman rewarded while others are punished?
(a) She tells the legend the chief likes the best.
(b) She holds the branch of life.
(c) She is honest and sees the chief's greatness.
(d) She is the mother of the boy who saves the tribe.
5. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
(a) Mrs. Alvaraz.
(b) Herb Silver.
(c) Nick LaRue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cassie and Connor steal together?
2. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
4. Who is Alex's public relations person?
5. Where does Will watch an Alex Rivers' movie about Native American Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cassie make the decision to leave Alex in Chapter Nine?
2. What connections to both Alex and Will does Jane/Cassie show in Chapter Three.
3. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
4. Who is Connor and why is he important to Cassie?
5. Discuss the importance of the movie that Alex is nominated for an award in.
6. What role does Herb Silver play in Chapter Three?
7. How do Cassie and Will's perceptions of Desperado differ and why does this matter?
8. Why does Will buy new furniture in Chapter Eight?
9. Describe William Flying Horse's experience as a half-Sioux person.
10. How does Alex react to the visit to the pediatric hospital?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)