|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
(b) CMM 1976.
(c) Connor loves Cassie.
(d) Best Friend.
2. Who is Herb Silver?
(a) An agent.
(b) A police investigator.
(c) A country doctor.
(d) The CEO of Silver Enterprises.
3. Why is Will angry when he returns home the first day Jane stays there alone?
(a) Captain Watkins is drinking Captain Jack with Cassie.
(b) He has been fired from his job.
(c) She has displayed the Indian artifacts he wants to forget.
(d) Cassie dug up some plants she thought were weeds.
4. What does Cassie say that she wanted to be when Connor first moved in next door to her?
(b) A librarian.
(c) A bird.
(d) A boy.
5. What important discovery does Jane recall that sends her to the library for information?
(a) A dead body in her car.
(b) She solved the murder of a family.
(c) She discovered an important CEO was embezzling funds.
(d) Ancient hand bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Herb Silver place a call to, telling Jane's husband that she has been found?
2. Why does William Flying Horse believe he has lost his sense of direction while driving in Chapter One?
3. To which tribe does is William Flying Horse belong?
4. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
5. What is Jane's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connections to both Alex and Will does Jane/Cassie show in Chapter Three.
2. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
3. What does Cassie learn from Cyrus and Dorothea?
4. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
5. Why is Jane's recollection about discovering hand bones important?
6. Describe the relationship between Alex and Ophelia.
7. What is Cassie's impression of Alex in Chapter Seven?
8. How does Alex react to the visit to the pediatric hospital?
9. What do Cassie's lives in Maine, Tanzania and Malibu illustrate in Chapter Five?
10. Describe the ramifications of the Sioux penalty for adultery as described in Chapter Two.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)