|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
(a) A box of cholocates.
(b) Plane tickets.
(c) A box of bones.
2. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
(a) She reads tabloids.
(b) She plays slots nightly.
(c) She plays bingo twice a week.
(d) She reads dime store romance novels.
3. What does Alex say is Cassie's only character flaw?
4. What job is William Flying Horse getting ready to begin in Chapter One?
(b) Limo driver.
(c) Taxi driver.
(d) Police officer.
5. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
(a) He spent a year in a rehab facility after an accident.
(b) He was a frequent patient as a child.
(c) He lost his sister to childhood cancer.
(d) His mother spent a year slowly dying in a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
2. What happens when Alex tries to kiss a little girl on the cheek?
3. What does Will leave with Jane when he goes to work and leaves her home alone in his apartment?
4. What animal did Will see on his vision quest to the shaman?
5. Where is the unnamed woman found lying in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jane's recollection about discovering hand bones important?
2. Who is Connor and why is he important to Cassie?
3. Describe the relationship between Alex and Ophelia.
4. Does Cassie trust Alex in Chapter Four?
5. What is Alex's relationship with his father like?
6. How does Cassie feel towards Alex when he first takes her back to their Malibu apartment in Chapter Four?
7. Why does Cassie become an anthropologist?
8. What do Cassie's lives in Maine, Tanzania and Malibu illustrate in Chapter Five?
9. How does Alex express his loving feeling for Cassie?
10. What does Miranda represent in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)