|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassie have a sabbatical from her job at UCLA?
(a) She arranged it so she can spend more time with Alex.
(b) Alex arranged it so she can go to Scotland.
(c) Her department chair arranged it so she can go to Tanzania.
(d) Herb Silver arranged it so she can write a book on amnesia.
2. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
(b) Mrs. Alvaraz.
(c) Herb Silver.
(d) Nick LaRue.
3. What does Alex say his apparent health hides?
(a) Rage and loss.
(b) The pain of a broken heart.
(c) A monster.
(d) A soul that died years before.
4. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
(a) Jane Doe.
(b) Jane Smith.
(c) Jane Rivers.
(d) Jane Stone.
5. What does Alex say is Cassie's only character flaw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pet name that Alex calls Jane?
2. What does Cassie say that Connor inspired her to do?
3. Who is Herb Silver?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
5. After Alex tells Cassie why they decided to wait on having children, what does she think to herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What indications about Jane's relationship with her husband, Alex, are revealed in Chapter Three?
2. Why are Herb and Alex surprised at Cassie's angry outburst?
3. How do Jane and William get to know each other better in Chapter Two?
4. Why do the words, "It is a good day to die" occur to Cassie in Chapter Five?
5. How do Cassie and Will's perceptions of Desperado differ and why does this matter?
6. How does the driver, John, represent Alex's life?
7. Why is Cassie addicted to dime store romances and embarrassed by this?
8. What do Cassie's lives in Maine, Tanzania and Malibu illustrate in Chapter Five?
9. Why does Alex's wardrobe reduce Cassie to tears in Chapter Five?
10. How does Cassie make the decision to leave Alex in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)