|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Hit the baby.
(b) Move into another room.
(c) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
(d) Hit her.
2. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He is performing a sex scene.
(b) He says the same thing to another woman he said to her.
(c) He gently kisses an actress on the forehead.
(d) He flirts with a stage hand.
3. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) A chicken bone.
(b) A kimono.
(c) An bracelet.
(d) A jar of melted snow.
4. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
(a) Resolution between a father and a son.
(b) An actor who mentors young boys,.
(c) A Louisiana child who rises above abuse.
(d) A man who heals after becoming a father.
5. What does Cassie receive from Will in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A rock carved with Connor's name and birthdate.
(b) Baby moccasins.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A letter.
6. What does Alex bring to Cassie to celebrate her discovery in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A knitted cap.
(c) Gourmet food.
7. Where does Alex reluctantly agree to take Cassie and Ophelia in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) A celebrity restaurant.
(c) A restaurant opening.
(d) An awards dinner.
8. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(b) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
(c) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
(d) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
9. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) They fly to Vegas.
(b) A cruise.
(c) A train ride through Russia.
(d) A camping and fishing trip.
10. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) Joseph Stands in Sun.
(b) John Walks with Wind.
(c) Harold Wolf.
(d) Sumner Smith.
11. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) He falls out of bed.
(b) He breaks a mirror and cuts himself.
(c) He gives Cassie a black eye.
(d) He tries to strangle Cassie.
12. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A forgetting ritual.
(b) A sending-off ritual.
(c) A giving-away ritual.
(d) A blessing ritual.
13. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Michaela Snow.
(b) Herb Silver.
(c) Nick LaRue.
(d) Bernie Roth.
14. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
(a) The Sioux reservation.
(b) A shelter.
(c) Ophelia's house.
(d) His apartment.
15. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(b) Other's problems.
(c) Stories and bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What steps do Alex and Cassie take to mend their marriage after she returns home with Connor?
2. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
3. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
4. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
5. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)