|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(b) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(c) To Maine to see her sick father.
(d) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
2. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
(a) Evidence of a lost city.
(b) A groundbreaking fossil.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That Connor's sister is alive.
3. Why do Cassie and Alex plan to marry on the movie set?
(a) Because the set is a romantic venue.
(b) To avoid media attention.
(c) To attract media attention.
(d) Because Cassie is pregnant, and they want a quick wedding.
4. Who is Cyrus?
(a) Cassie's father.
(b) A counselor.
(c) Will's grandfather.
(d) Will's boss.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Buys her a ruby necklace.
(b) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(c) Has her portrait painted.
(d) Attends her lectures.
6. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) A hole in his heart.
(b) His father's transient job.
(c) His sister's illness and death.
7. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) An alien invasion.
(b) A war time love story.
(c) An abusive spouse.
(d) An archeological discovery.
8. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A fat, greedy person.
(b) A good luck object.
(c) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
(d) A design or pattern.
9. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Bernie Roth.
(b) Michaela Snow.
(c) Herb Silver.
(d) Nick LaRue.
10. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
(a) A Louisiana child who rises above abuse.
(b) A man who heals after becoming a father.
(c) Resolution between a father and a son.
(d) An actor who mentors young boys,.
11. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A giving-away ritual.
(b) A blessing ritual.
(c) A forgetting ritual.
(d) A sending-off ritual.
12. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
(a) A research journal.
(b) Birth control pills.
(c) Connor's rock.
(d) The watch that Alex gave her.
13. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) Sumner Smith.
(b) Joseph Stands in Sun.
(c) Harold Wolf.
(d) John Walks with Wind.
14. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their acceptance.
(b) Their good luck.
(c) Their endurance.
(d) Their optimism.
15. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(b) Other's problems.
(d) Stories and bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Cassie when Alex abuses and kicks her in Chapter Twenty-Six?
2. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
3. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
4. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
5. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)