|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) He is cold and uncongratulatory.
(b) He is happy but afraid.
(c) He congratulates her with pride in his voice.
(d) He is angry and jealous.
2. Who is Jack Green?
(a) An actor in Jack's movie.
(b) The man the screenplay is based on.
(c) Ophelia's new boyfriend.
(d) Another star in the Barbara Walters interview.
3. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A Kit Fox Warrior.
(b) A Giver.
(c) A shaman in training.
(d) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
4. What happens to Cassie after Alex beats her in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) She goes to the emergency room.
(b) She gets a concussion.
(c) She goes into shock.
(d) She miscarries.
5. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
(b) A design or pattern.
(c) A fat, greedy person.
(d) A good luck object.
6. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) To catch her cheating.
(b) To wish her a happy anniversary.
(c) To bring her flowers on her birthday.
(d) To chastise her for leaving the house a mess.
7. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) She was being treated for depression.
(b) To have their child.
(c) To care for her sick father.
(d) She was on a dig in Africa.
8. What does the prenuptial agreement between Alex and Cassie specify?
(a) That Cassie has no rights to Alex's assets.
(b) Cassie gains more assets every year of marriage.
(c) That Cassie gains rights to Alex's assets only if they have a child.
(d) There is no prenuptial agreement.
9. Why do Cassie and Alex plan to marry on the movie set?
(a) Because Cassie is pregnant, and they want a quick wedding.
(b) To avoid media attention.
(c) Because the set is a romantic venue.
(d) To attract media attention.
10. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A jigsaw puzzle and suduko.
(b) A fishing lure.
(c) A wooden carving.
(d) A crossword puzzle and knitting.
11. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
(a) They are openly hostile.
(b) They are warm and welcoming.
(c) They are distant and cool.
(d) They are overly solicitious.
12. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
(a) Evidence of a lost city.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That Connor's sister is alive.
(d) A groundbreaking fossil.
13. Where does Alex reluctantly agree to take Cassie and Ophelia in Chapter Fifteen?
(b) An awards dinner.
(c) A restaurant opening.
(d) A celebrity restaurant.
14. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
(a) An attacking wolf.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A wounded bird.
(d) A baby kitten.
15. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) To Ophelia's.
(b) To a shelter.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To Will's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cyrus?
2. What does Alex bring to Cassie to celebrate her discovery in Chapter Sixteen?
3. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
4. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
5. What does Cassie name her baby?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)