|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(a) Stories and bones.
(c) Other's problems.
2. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
3. What does the prenuptial agreement between Alex and Cassie specify?
(a) Cassie gains more assets every year of marriage.
(b) There is no prenuptial agreement.
(c) That Cassie gains rights to Alex's assets only if they have a child.
(d) That Cassie has no rights to Alex's assets.
4. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their optimism.
(b) Their endurance.
(c) Their good luck.
(d) Their acceptance.
5. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(b) A shaman in training.
(c) A Kit Fox Warrior.
(d) A Giver.
6. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(a) A tattoo.
(c) Her huge diamond ring.
7. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A sending-off ritual.
(b) A giving-away ritual.
(c) A forgetting ritual.
(d) A blessing ritual.
8. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
9. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Introducing Cassie to the media.
(b) Striking a nosy photographer.
(c) Hitting Cassie.
(d) Signing a contract.
10. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
(b) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
(c) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(d) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
11. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) A jar of melted snow.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A chicken bone.
(d) An bracelet.
12. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) He gives Cassie a black eye.
(b) He breaks a mirror and cuts himself.
(c) He falls out of bed.
(d) He tries to strangle Cassie.
13. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
(a) Catch a fish with her hands.
(b) Saddle a horse.
(c) Use a bow and arrow.
(d) Read trail markers.
14. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) His sister's illness and death.
(b) A hole in his heart.
(c) His father's transient job.
15. Who is Jack Green?
(a) Ophelia's new boyfriend.
(b) Another star in the Barbara Walters interview.
(c) An actor in Jack's movie.
(d) The man the screenplay is based on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
2. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
3. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
4. What is the title of the screenplay that Cassie thinks will help Alex?
5. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)