|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Alex scheduled to go to film a movie in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) New Mexico.
2. What happens to Cassie after Alex beats her in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) She goes into shock.
(b) She gets a concussion.
(c) She miscarries.
(d) She goes to the emergency room.
3. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
(c) Hit the baby.
(d) Move into another room.
4. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
(b) Beaded bags.
(c) Blessing dolls.
(d) Baby shoes.
5. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(b) Her huge diamond ring.
(c) A tattoo.
6. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Beat him and left him to die.
(b) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
(c) Gambled and sold his mother.
(d) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
7. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
(a) He hires a private investigator.
(b) A tabloid discovers her location.
(c) She calls him.
(d) Her father tells him.
8. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Has her portrait painted.
(b) Attends her lectures.
(c) Buys her a ruby necklace.
(d) Has a private laboratory built for her.
9. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
10. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A Giver.
(b) A shaman in training.
(c) A Kit Fox Warrior.
(d) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
11. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
12. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) Harold Wolf.
(b) John Walks with Wind.
(c) Sumner Smith.
(d) Joseph Stands in Sun.
13. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A design or pattern.
(b) A fat, greedy person.
(c) A good luck object.
(d) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
14. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
(a) The watch that Alex gave her.
(b) Birth control pills.
(c) Connor's rock.
(d) A research journal.
15. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
(b) Little Bear.
(d) Big Dipper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
2. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
3. What do Cassie and Dorothea do together?
4. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
5. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)