|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
(a) Blessing dolls.
(b) Baby shoes.
(d) Beaded bags.
2. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A fat, greedy person.
(b) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
(c) A good luck object.
(d) A design or pattern.
3. What does Cassie name her baby?
4. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) They are left outside and rained on.
(b) They are run over in the garage.
(c) The dog chews them.
(d) The cat pees in them.
5. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
(a) They are distant and cool.
(b) They are openly hostile.
(c) They are overly solicitious.
(d) They are warm and welcoming.
6. What steps do Alex and Cassie take to mend their marriage after she returns home with Connor?
(a) She attends counseling session.
(b) They both attend counseling sessions.
(c) They both attend a church group.
(d) He attends counseling sessions.
7. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He flirts with a stage hand.
(b) He gently kisses an actress on the forehead.
(c) He is performing a sex scene.
(d) He says the same thing to another woman he said to her.
8. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) An bracelet.
(b) A chicken bone.
(c) A jar of melted snow.
(d) A kimono.
9. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) To chastise her for leaving the house a mess.
(b) To bring her flowers on her birthday.
(c) To wish her a happy anniversary.
(d) To catch her cheating.
10. Who does Alex take to the Academy Awards?
(a) His co-star.
(d) Michaela Snow.
11. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Gambled and sold his mother.
(b) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
(c) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
(d) Beat him and left him to die.
12. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A forgetting ritual.
(b) A blessing ritual.
(c) A giving-away ritual.
(d) A sending-off ritual.
13. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) A hole in his heart.
(b) His father's transient job.
(d) His sister's illness and death.
14. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Striking a nosy photographer.
(b) Hitting Cassie.
(c) Signing a contract.
(d) Introducing Cassie to the media.
15. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
(a) He hires a private investigator.
(b) She calls him.
(c) A tabloid discovers her location.
(d) Her father tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
2. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
3. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
4. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
5. Where does Alex reluctantly agree to take Cassie and Ophelia in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)