|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
2. What does Cassie name her baby?
3. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) A hole in his heart.
(c) His sister's illness and death.
(d) His father's transient job.
4. Who does Alex take to the Academy Awards?
(b) Michaela Snow.
(d) His co-star.
5. What happens to Cassie when Alex abuses and kicks her in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) She gets a broken wrist.
(b) She get a broken nose.
(c) She loses eyesight in one eye.
(d) She loses hearing in one ear.
6. What do Cassie and Dorothea do together?
(a) Make dolls.
(b) Gather herbs.
(c) Make a quilt.
(d) Dig for relics.
7. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their optimism.
(b) Their endurance.
(c) Their acceptance.
(d) Their good luck.
8. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That Connor's sister is alive.
(c) Evidence of a lost city.
(d) A groundbreaking fossil.
9. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Buys her a ruby necklace.
(b) Attends her lectures.
(c) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(d) Has her portrait painted.
10. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) To have their child.
(b) To care for her sick father.
(c) She was on a dig in Africa.
(d) She was being treated for depression.
11. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
(a) Little Bear.
(d) Big Dipper.
12. Who is Jack Green?
(a) The man the screenplay is based on.
(b) Ophelia's new boyfriend.
(c) An actor in Jack's movie.
(d) Another star in the Barbara Walters interview.
13. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Introducing Cassie to the media.
(b) Signing a contract.
(c) Striking a nosy photographer.
(d) Hitting Cassie.
14. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A good luck object.
(b) A fat, greedy person.
(c) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
(d) A design or pattern.
15. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) Michaela Snow.
(c) Herb Silver.
(d) Bernie Roth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
2. Where is Alex scheduled to go to film a movie in Chapter Eighteen?
3. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
4. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
5. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)