|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) They fly to Vegas.
(b) A cruise.
(c) A train ride through Russia.
(d) A camping and fishing trip.
2. What steps do Alex and Cassie take to mend their marriage after she returns home with Connor?
(a) She attends counseling session.
(b) They both attend counseling sessions.
(c) They both attend a church group.
(d) He attends counseling sessions.
3. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A shelter.
(b) Ophelia's house.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The Sioux reservation.
4. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He flirts with a stage hand.
(b) He says the same thing to another woman he said to her.
(c) He gently kisses an actress on the forehead.
(d) He is performing a sex scene.
5. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Striking a nosy photographer.
(b) Hitting Cassie.
(c) Signing a contract.
(d) Introducing Cassie to the media.
6. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
(a) Big Dipper.
(b) Little Bear.
7. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) He gives Cassie a black eye.
(b) He tries to strangle Cassie.
(c) He breaks a mirror and cuts himself.
(d) He falls out of bed.
8. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
9. Who is Cyrus?
(a) Will's grandfather.
(b) A counselor.
(c) Will's boss.
(d) Cassie's father.
10. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
(b) Beaded bags.
(c) Blessing dolls.
(d) Baby shoes.
11. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A shaman in training.
(b) A Giver.
(c) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(d) A Kit Fox Warrior.
12. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) They are left outside and rained on.
(b) The dog chews them.
(c) They are run over in the garage.
(d) The cat pees in them.
13. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) To wish her a happy anniversary.
(b) To chastise her for leaving the house a mess.
(c) To catch her cheating.
(d) To bring her flowers on her birthday.
14. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A giving-away ritual.
(b) A forgetting ritual.
(c) A blessing ritual.
(d) A sending-off ritual.
15. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) A jar of melted snow.
(b) A chicken bone.
(c) A kimono.
(d) An bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
2. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
3. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
4. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
5. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)