|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Move into another room.
(c) Hit the baby.
(d) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
2. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
(a) Offers financial support to the university.
(b) Threatens the department head.
(c) Signs a photo for the dean's wife.
(d) Meets with the department head's daughter.
3. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
(a) Saddle a horse.
(b) Catch a fish with her hands.
(c) Read trail markers.
(d) Use a bow and arrow.
4. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
(b) Other men's women.
(c) People's emotions.
5. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(b) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
(c) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
(d) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
6. What does Cassie receive from Will in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A rock carved with Connor's name and birthdate.
(b) A phone call.
(c) Baby moccasins.
(d) A letter.
7. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
(b) Big Dipper.
(c) Little Bear.
8. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(b) A Giver.
(c) A shaman in training.
(d) A Kit Fox Warrior.
9. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
10. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(c) Stories and bones.
(d) Other's problems.
11. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
(a) A wounded bird.
(b) An attacking wolf.
(c) A baby kitten.
(d) A vulture.
12. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
13. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) An archeological discovery.
(b) An abusive spouse.
(c) A war time love story.
(d) An alien invasion.
14. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
(a) Resolution between a father and a son.
(b) An actor who mentors young boys,.
(c) A Louisiana child who rises above abuse.
(d) A man who heals after becoming a father.
15. Who is Jack Green?
(a) An actor in Jack's movie.
(b) Ophelia's new boyfriend.
(c) The man the screenplay is based on.
(d) Another star in the Barbara Walters interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
2. What do Cassie and Dorothea do together?
3. What does Cassie name her baby?
4. What is a "wasicum"?
5. What happens to Cassie after Alex beats her in Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)