|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A shaman in training.
(b) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(c) A Kit Fox Warrior.
(d) A Giver.
2. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Herb Silver.
(b) Bernie Roth.
(c) William Flying Horse.
(d) Nick LaRue.
3. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A good luck object.
(b) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
(c) A design or pattern.
(d) A fat, greedy person.
4. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) He gives Cassie a black eye.
(b) He tries to strangle Cassie.
(c) He falls out of bed.
(d) He breaks a mirror and cuts himself.
5. What does the prenuptial agreement between Alex and Cassie specify?
(a) That Cassie gains rights to Alex's assets only if they have a child.
(b) That Cassie has no rights to Alex's assets.
(c) Cassie gains more assets every year of marriage.
(d) There is no prenuptial agreement.
6. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(b) To Maine to see her sick father.
(c) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(d) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
7. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
(a) A groundbreaking fossil.
(b) Evidence of a lost city.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That Connor's sister is alive.
8. Who does Alex take to the Academy Awards?
(a) His co-star.
(b) Michaela Snow.
9. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
(a) They are openly hostile.
(b) They are distant and cool.
(c) They are warm and welcoming.
(d) They are overly solicitious.
10. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
(a) Meets with the department head's daughter.
(b) Signs a photo for the dean's wife.
(c) Threatens the department head.
(d) Offers financial support to the university.
11. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
(a) Ophelia's house.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The Sioux reservation.
(d) A shelter.
12. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) An abusive spouse.
(b) An archeological discovery.
(c) A war time love story.
(d) An alien invasion.
13. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
(a) Saddle a horse.
(b) Read trail markers.
(c) Catch a fish with her hands.
(d) Use a bow and arrow.
14. Who is Jack Green?
(a) The man the screenplay is based on.
(b) An actor in Jack's movie.
(c) Ophelia's new boyfriend.
(d) Another star in the Barbara Walters interview.
15. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) They fly to Vegas.
(b) A train ride through Russia.
(c) A camping and fishing trip.
(d) A cruise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
2. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
3. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
4. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
5. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)