|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) Sumner Smith.
(b) Harold Wolf.
(c) John Walks with Wind.
(d) Joseph Stands in Sun.
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(b) To Maine to see her sick father.
(c) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(d) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
3. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) The dog chews them.
(b) They are left outside and rained on.
(c) They are run over in the garage.
(d) The cat pees in them.
4. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
(c) Hit the baby.
(d) Move into another room.
5. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their endurance.
(b) Their optimism.
(c) Their acceptance.
(d) Their good luck.
6. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) An archeological discovery.
(b) An alien invasion.
(c) An abusive spouse.
(d) A war time love story.
7. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
(a) By leaving him in the woods.
(b) By kicking him out of the house.
(c) By giving him weekly challenges.
(d) By wrestling with him.
8. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A wooden carving.
(b) A jigsaw puzzle and suduko.
(c) A crossword puzzle and knitting.
(d) A fishing lure.
9. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Introducing Cassie to the media.
(b) Striking a nosy photographer.
(c) Hitting Cassie.
(d) Signing a contract.
10. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
(a) Blessing dolls.
(b) Beaded bags.
(c) Baby shoes.
11. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Bernie Roth.
(b) Nick LaRue.
(c) William Flying Horse.
(d) Herb Silver.
12. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
(b) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(c) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
(d) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
13. Why do Cassie and Alex plan to marry on the movie set?
(a) Because Cassie is pregnant, and they want a quick wedding.
(b) Because the set is a romantic venue.
(c) To attract media attention.
(d) To avoid media attention.
14. What is the title of the screenplay that Cassie thinks will help Alex?
(a) Dreams in the Bayou.
(b) Chance Laslo.
(c) Green Lessons.
(d) The Story of His Life.
15. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(c) Stories and bones.
(d) Other's problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
2. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
3. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
4. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
5. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)