|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
(c) Little Bear.
(d) Big Dipper.
2. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A good luck object.
(b) A design or pattern.
(c) A fat, greedy person.
(d) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
3. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) He tries to strangle Cassie.
(b) He breaks a mirror and cuts himself.
(c) He gives Cassie a black eye.
(d) He falls out of bed.
4. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Introducing Cassie to the media.
(b) Hitting Cassie.
(c) Signing a contract.
(d) Striking a nosy photographer.
5. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) A kimono.
(b) An bracelet.
(c) A chicken bone.
(d) A jar of melted snow.
6. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
7. Who does Alex take to the Academy Awards?
(a) Michaela Snow.
(d) His co-star.
8. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) He congratulates her with pride in his voice.
(b) He is angry and jealous.
(c) He is happy but afraid.
(d) He is cold and uncongratulatory.
9. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Attends her lectures.
(b) Has her portrait painted.
(c) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(d) Buys her a ruby necklace.
10. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(a) Stories and bones.
(c) Other's problems.
11. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) The dog chews them.
(b) They are run over in the garage.
(c) The cat pees in them.
(d) They are left outside and rained on.
12. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
(b) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
(c) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(d) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
13. What does Cassie name her baby?
14. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
(a) By giving him weekly challenges.
(b) By kicking him out of the house.
(c) By leaving him in the woods.
(d) By wrestling with him.
15. Who is Jack Green?
(a) The man the screenplay is based on.
(b) An actor in Jack's movie.
(c) Ophelia's new boyfriend.
(d) Another star in the Barbara Walters interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
2. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
3. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
4. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
5. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)