|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) To a hotel.
(b) To a shelter.
(c) To Ophelia's.
(d) To Will's.
2. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(a) Stories and bones.
(d) Other's problems.
3. What does Alex bring to Cassie to celebrate her discovery in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A knitted cap.
(d) Gourmet food.
4. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their acceptance.
(b) Their optimism.
(c) Their endurance.
(d) Their good luck.
5. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
(a) A wounded bird.
(b) A baby kitten.
(c) An attacking wolf.
(d) A vulture.
6. Who does Alex take to the Academy Awards?
(b) Michaela Snow.
(c) His co-star.
7. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) The cat pees in them.
(b) The dog chews them.
(c) They are left outside and rained on.
(d) They are run over in the garage.
8. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(b) Her huge diamond ring.
(c) A tattoo.
9. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) John Walks with Wind.
(b) Harold Wolf.
(c) Joseph Stands in Sun.
(d) Sumner Smith.
10. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
(a) She calls him.
(b) Her father tells him.
(c) A tabloid discovers her location.
(d) He hires a private investigator.
11. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
12. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
(b) Beat him and left him to die.
(c) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
(d) Gambled and sold his mother.
13. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
(a) Other men's women.
(d) People's emotions.
14. What does the prenuptial agreement between Alex and Cassie specify?
(a) That Cassie gains rights to Alex's assets only if they have a child.
(b) Cassie gains more assets every year of marriage.
(c) There is no prenuptial agreement.
(d) That Cassie has no rights to Alex's assets.
15. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Bernie Roth.
(b) Herb Silver.
(c) Nick LaRue.
(d) Michaela Snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the screenplay that Cassie thinks will help Alex?
2. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
3. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
4. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
5. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)