|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(b) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(c) To Maine to see her sick father.
(d) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
2. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
(b) Gambled and sold his mother.
(c) Beat him and left him to die.
(d) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
3. Where is Alex scheduled to go to film a movie in Chapter Eighteen?
(d) New Mexico.
4. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(a) Stories and bones.
(c) Other's problems.
5. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
(a) Blessing dolls.
(c) Beaded bags.
(d) Baby shoes.
6. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
(a) Threatens the department head.
(b) Meets with the department head's daughter.
(c) Signs a photo for the dean's wife.
(d) Offers financial support to the university.
7. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A sending-off ritual.
(b) A blessing ritual.
(c) A forgetting ritual.
(d) A giving-away ritual.
8. What does Michaela Snow stop Alex from doing in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Striking a nosy photographer.
(b) Hitting Cassie.
(c) Signing a contract.
(d) Introducing Cassie to the media.
9. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) He is happy but afraid.
(b) He is angry and jealous.
(c) He is cold and uncongratulatory.
(d) He congratulates her with pride in his voice.
10. Who is Ophelia's date at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) William Flying Horse.
(c) Bernie Roth.
(d) Herb Silver.
11. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) An bracelet.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A chicken bone.
(d) A jar of melted snow.
12. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(b) A Kit Fox Warrior.
(c) A shaman in training.
(d) A Giver.
13. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Attends her lectures.
(b) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(c) Has her portrait painted.
(d) Buys her a ruby necklace.
14. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A good luck object.
(b) A design or pattern.
(c) A fat, greedy person.
(d) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
15. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
(a) They are openly hostile.
(b) They are warm and welcoming.
(c) They are distant and cool.
(d) They are overly solicitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
2. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
3. What does Cassie name her baby?
4. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
5. What star formation does the Indian legend in Chapter Twenty discuss?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)