|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will take Cassie in Chapter Twenty?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A shelter.
(c) Ophelia's house.
(d) The Sioux reservation.
2. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) To Ophelia's.
(b) To Will's.
(c) To a shelter.
(d) To a hotel.
3. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
4. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
(a) He erupts in anger.
(b) He scoffs at her.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He apologizes.
5. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
(a) A man who heals after becoming a father.
(b) A Louisiana child who rises above abuse.
(c) An actor who mentors young boys,.
(d) Resolution between a father and a son.
6. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their good luck.
(b) Their optimism.
(c) Their acceptance.
(d) Their endurance.
7. Who is Cyrus?
(a) Cassie's father.
(b) A counselor.
(c) Will's boss.
(d) Will's grandfather.
8. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) The cat pees in them.
(b) The dog chews them.
(c) They are left outside and rained on.
(d) They are run over in the garage.
9. What do Cassie and Dorothea do together?
(a) Make dolls.
(b) Gather herbs.
(c) Make a quilt.
(d) Dig for relics.
10. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Herb Silver.
(b) Michaela Snow.
(c) Bernie Roth.
(d) Nick LaRue.
11. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) His sister's illness and death.
(c) A hole in his heart.
(d) His father's transient job.
12. What does Cassie receive from Will in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A rock carved with Connor's name and birthdate.
(b) A letter.
(c) Baby moccasins.
(d) A phone call.
13. What is the subject of the movie premiere that Cassie attends in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) An alien invasion.
(b) A war time love story.
(c) An abusive spouse.
(d) An archeological discovery.
14. Who is Jack Green?
(a) Ophelia's new boyfriend.
(b) The man the screenplay is based on.
(c) Another star in the Barbara Walters interview.
(d) An actor in Jack's movie.
15. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A blessing ritual.
(b) A sending-off ritual.
(c) A giving-away ritual.
(d) A forgetting ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
2. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
3. How many Oscars does Alex win on the night that Cassie watches the award show with Will?
4. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
5. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)