|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He is performing a sex scene.
(b) He gently kisses an actress on the forehead.
(c) He says the same thing to another woman he said to her.
(d) He flirts with a stage hand.
2. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
(a) Connor's rock.
(b) The watch that Alex gave her.
(c) A research journal.
(d) Birth control pills.
3. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
(a) Beaded bags.
(c) Blessing dolls.
(d) Baby shoes.
4. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
5. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A giving-away ritual.
(b) A blessing ritual.
(c) A forgetting ritual.
(d) A sending-off ritual.
6. Where is Alex scheduled to go to film a movie in Chapter Eighteen?
(c) New Mexico.
7. How do friends and staff treat Cassie upon her return?
(a) They are warm and welcoming.
(b) They are overly solicitious.
(c) They are distant and cool.
(d) They are openly hostile.
8. What trip do Alex and Cassie take together in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) A camping and fishing trip.
(b) A cruise.
(c) They fly to Vegas.
(d) A train ride through Russia.
9. What happens to Alex's sneakers that sends him into a rage in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) The dog chews them.
(b) They are run over in the garage.
(c) They are left outside and rained on.
(d) The cat pees in them.
10. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
11. Who is Cassie left with at Alex's movie premiere?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) Bernie Roth.
(c) Herb Silver.
(d) Michaela Snow.
12. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
(a) Evidence of a lost city.
(b) A groundbreaking fossil.
(c) That Connor's sister is alive.
(d) That she is pregnant.
13. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) He is angry and jealous.
(b) He is cold and uncongratulatory.
(c) He congratulates her with pride in his voice.
(d) He is happy but afraid.
14. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) To care for her sick father.
(b) She was on a dig in Africa.
(c) She was being treated for depression.
(d) To have their child.
15. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) He gives Cassie a black eye.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He breaks a mirror and cuts himself.
(d) He tries to strangle Cassie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack Green?
2. What happens to Cassie after Alex beats her in Chapter Sixteen?
3. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
4. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)