|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) To bring her flowers on her birthday.
(b) To wish her a happy anniversary.
(c) To catch her cheating.
(d) To chastise her for leaving the house a mess.
2. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) To have their child.
(b) To care for her sick father.
(c) She was being treated for depression.
(d) She was on a dig in Africa.
3. What does Alex tell Cassie after reading the screenplay that she thinks is perfect for him?
(a) That he wants to direct and produce the film.
(b) That she knows nothing about the movie business.
(c) That she is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
(d) That he wants her to make a cameo appearance in the film.
4. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A fishing lure.
(b) A crossword puzzle and knitting.
(c) A wooden carving.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle and suduko.
5. What does Cyrus tell Cassie that the Ghost Shirt dance is meant to bring?
6. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
7. What does Dorothea value about people like Will?
(a) Their endurance.
(b) Their optimism.
(c) Their acceptance.
(d) Their good luck.
8. Who does Alex take to the Academy Awards?
(a) Michaela Snow.
(d) His co-star.
9. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(b) His sister's illness and death.
(c) His father's transient job.
(d) A hole in his heart.
10. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Beat him and left him to die.
(b) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
(c) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
(d) Gambled and sold his mother.
11. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(a) A tattoo.
(d) Her huge diamond ring.
12. What do Cassie and Dorothea do together?
(a) Make dolls.
(b) Make a quilt.
(c) Gather herbs.
(d) Dig for relics.
13. What is a "wasicum"?
(a) A fat, greedy person.
(b) A design or pattern.
(c) A good luck object.
(d) A lovely woman who brings bad luck.
14. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(c) Stories and bones.
(d) Other's problems.
15. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
(a) The watch that Alex gave her.
(b) A research journal.
(c) Birth control pills.
(d) Connor's rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex admit to Cassie that he steals when they first meet in Tanzania?
2. What does Cassie name her baby?
3. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
4. Where does Alex reluctantly agree to take Cassie and Ophelia in Chapter Fifteen?
5. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)