|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alex react to Cassie's phone call from Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) He is cold and uncongratulatory.
(b) He is happy but afraid.
(c) He congratulates her with pride in his voice.
(d) He is angry and jealous.
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
3. What does Cassie discover in Tanzania in Chapter Sixteen that causes her to call Alex in her excitement?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) Evidence of a lost city.
(c) That Connor's sister is alive.
(d) A groundbreaking fossil.
4. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(b) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
(c) To Maine to see her sick father.
(d) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
5. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) To a hotel.
(b) To Ophelia's.
(c) To a shelter.
(d) To Will's.
6. Why does Cassie feel jealous watching Alex on the movie set in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He is performing a sex scene.
(b) He says the same thing to another woman he said to her.
(c) He gently kisses an actress on the forehead.
(d) He flirts with a stage hand.
7. In Chapter Sixteen, what does Cassie realize that she forgot to bring to Tanzania?
(a) Connor's rock.
(b) Birth control pills.
(c) A research journal.
(d) The watch that Alex gave her.
8. What does Alex bring to the movie set for Cassie at the same time he gives her a diamond ring?
(a) A chicken bone.
(b) A jar of melted snow.
(c) An bracelet.
(d) A kimono.
9. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A Giver.
(b) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(c) A Kit Fox Warrior.
(d) A shaman in training.
10. Which of the following is NOT something that Alex does for Cassie in Chapter Seventeen as he tries to be an ideal husband?
(a) Buys her a ruby necklace.
(b) Attends her lectures.
(c) Has a private laboratory built for her.
(d) Has her portrait painted.
11. What does Alex tell Cassie that his father did when they have dinner in his tent in Tanzania?
(a) Gambled and sold his mother.
(b) Beat him and left him to die.
(c) Died trying to save a fellow soldier.
(d) Died trying to save Alex from a fire.
12. What does Alex threaten to do if Cassie doesn't hire a nanny when Connor interrupts their lovemaking with his crying?
(a) Move into another room.
(b) Kick her and the baby out of the house.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Hit the baby.
13. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
(a) He scoffs at her.
(b) He erupts in anger.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He laughs.
14. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) His father's transient job.
(c) His sister's illness and death.
(d) A hole in his heart.
15. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(b) Other's problems.
(c) Stories and bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prenuptial agreement between Alex and Cassie specify?
2. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
3. Why does Alex come to Cassie's classroom in Chapter Sixteen?
4. What does Cassie name her baby?
5. Why do Cassie and Alex plan to marry on the movie set?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)