|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alex find out that Cassie is at the reservation?
(a) Her father tells him.
(b) He hires a private investigator.
(c) She calls him.
(d) A tabloid discovers her location.
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie he grew up?
3. What does Cassie learn to make with the elderly women in the Sioux village?
(a) Blessing dolls.
(c) Baby shoes.
(d) Beaded bags.
4. Where does Alex tell Cassie's department head that she has gone when he comes looking for her?
(a) She in in the hospital after a car accident.
(b) To the hospital to help a sick friend.
(c) To Vermont to see her sick grandmother.
(d) To Maine to see her sick father.
5. What does Alex tell Cassie prevented him from having a normal childhood?
(a) A hole in his heart.
(c) His sister's illness and death.
(d) His father's transient job.
6. What does Connor tell Cassie she collects in her dream?
(a) Other's problems.
(d) Stories and bones.
7. What is the subject of the screenplay that Cassie thinks is perfect for Alex?
(a) A Louisiana child who rises above abuse.
(b) An actor who mentors young boys,.
(c) A man who heals after becoming a father.
(d) Resolution between a father and a son.
8. What steps do Alex and Cassie take to mend their marriage after she returns home with Connor?
(a) They both attend a church group.
(b) He attends counseling sessions.
(c) She attends counseling session.
(d) They both attend counseling sessions.
9. Where does Cassie go after she leaves Alex in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) To Ophelia's.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To Will's.
(d) To a shelter.
10. Who does Will learn from at the reservation in Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) John Walks with Wind.
(b) Harold Wolf.
(c) Sumner Smith.
(d) Joseph Stands in Sun.
11. Who is Cyrus?
(a) Cassie's father.
(b) Will's grandfather.
(c) Will's boss.
(d) A counselor.
12. What does Ophelia notice on Cassie when she first returns to the US after marrying Alex?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) Her huge diamond ring.
13. What ritual does Will perform after Alex comes to take Cassie home from the reservation?
(a) A giving-away ritual.
(b) A forgetting ritual.
(c) A blessing ritual.
(d) A sending-off ritual.
14. What does Will remember being in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A shaman in training.
(b) A Pine Ridge Patriot.
(c) A Giver.
(d) A Kit Fox Warrior.
15. How did Alex's father try to teach him to fend for himself?
(a) By leaving him in the woods.
(b) By giving him weekly challenges.
(c) By kicking him out of the house.
(d) By wrestling with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Alex scheduled to go to film a movie in Chapter Eighteen?
2. What is Alex's reaction when Cassie pours juice into his lap at the first meeting?
3. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
4. What does Cassie see Alex as in the dreams where Connor warns her about making a mistake?
5. What does Alex bring to Cassie to celebrate her discovery in Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)