|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
(a) A box of cholocates.
(c) A box of bones.
(d) Plane tickets.
2. What does Jane do to thank Will for his kindness in Chapter Two?
(a) Cooks him dinner.
(b) Plants flowers in his front yard.
(c) Unpacks his boxes.
(d) Paints his living room.
3. Why does Cassie recall Alex had a tantrum about his interview with Barbara Walters?
(a) His interview was to be aired second.
(b) He says she tricked him with a question.
(c) He couldn't find his lucky tie.
(d) He arrived hungover and looks sickly.
4. Where does Will take Jane in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(a) To his parent's house.
(b) To a psychologist's office.
(c) To a clinic on the reservation.
(d) To the emergency room.
5. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
(a) A graveyard.
(c) A junkyard.
6. What does Nick LaRue tell Cassie while Alex is in the bathroom at the restaurant in Chapter Seven?
(a) That Alex is bad news.
(b) She is going to be promoted to full professor.
(c) He has been waiting all night.
(d) They were having an affair.
7. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
(a) He doesn't want Cassie to accept a promotion.
(b) He sees a photographer lurking outside the window.
(c) The waiter tears the cork while opening the wine bottle.
(d) He sees Nick LaRue touch Cassie's arm.
8. What job is William Flying Horse getting ready to begin in Chapter One?
(a) Limo driver.
(b) Taxi driver.
(d) Police officer.
9. In the Algonquin legend that opens the novel, why is the woman rewarded while others are punished?
(a) She is honest and sees the chief's greatness.
(b) She tells the legend the chief likes the best.
(c) She is the mother of the boy who saves the tribe.
(d) She holds the branch of life.
10. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A pregnancy test.
(c) A journal.
(d) A loaded pistol.
11. What is Jane's real name?
12. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
(a) Furniture warehouse.
(d) Funeral home.
13. What does Cassie remember Connor teaching her to do?
14. Why did 10-year-old Cassie have a snow fight with her mother?
(a) Her mother starts it to get Cassie out of a bad mood.
(b) To force her mother to fight back.
(c) To make her mother laugh.
(d) It's a tradition for the family.
15. Who does Will tell Jane that he is with in Chapter Two?
(a) Worker's Union 119.
(c) Sons of Sioux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie find out that Alex always does for her in Chapter Seven?
2. Where does Alex tell Cassie his parents live?
3. Why does William Flying Horse believe he has lost his sense of direction while driving in Chapter One?
4. What is true about Jane in Chapter Two?
5. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)