|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
(a) The waiter tears the cork while opening the wine bottle.
(b) He sees Nick LaRue touch Cassie's arm.
(c) He doesn't want Cassie to accept a promotion.
(d) He sees a photographer lurking outside the window.
2. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
(c) Los Angelos.
3. What happens when Alex tries to kiss a little girl on the cheek?
(a) She cries.
(b) He can't bring himself to kiss her.
(c) She screams.
(d) She kisses him on the mouth.
4. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
(b) A junkyard.
(d) A graveyard.
5. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
(a) She gets sunburned.
(b) She gets wet from the incoming tide.
(c) She dreams of Will.
(d) She dreams of a man named Curtis.
6. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
(a) Jane Smith.
(b) Jane Stone.
(c) Jane Doe.
(d) Jane Rivers.
7. In the Algonquin legend that opens the novel, why is the woman rewarded while others are punished?
(a) She is honest and sees the chief's greatness.
(b) She tells the legend the chief likes the best.
(c) She is the mother of the boy who saves the tribe.
(d) She holds the branch of life.
8. What is the name of Jane's husband?
(a) Sam Silver.
(b) Billy Watkins.
(c) Alex Rivers.
(d) Boyd Barrett.
9. What does Nick LaRue tell Cassie while Alex is in the bathroom at the restaurant in Chapter Seven?
(a) He has been waiting all night.
(b) That Alex is bad news.
(c) They were having an affair.
(d) She is going to be promoted to full professor.
10. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Alex's sister.
(b) Alex's press agent.
(c) Cassie's sister.
(d) Cassie's friend.
11. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
12. What happens to Will in Chapter Nine?
(a) He gets a letter from a girl he used to know.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He loses electricity.
(d) He has a vision of Cassie flying.
13. What article of clothing does Alex have organized by color?
14. What does Cassie say that Connor inspired her to do?
(a) Become an anthroplogist.
(b) Leave Maine.
(c) Excel in school.
15. What is true of Alex's wardrobe?
(a) He treats his designer labels as if they are disposable.
(b) It is huge, extensive and organized.
(c) T-shirts and jeans are on hangers.
(d) Everything is black, white or red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jane's real name?
2. After Alex tells Cassie why they decided to wait on having children, what does she think to herself?
3. What does Cassie remember Connor teaching her to do?
4. Who is Alex's public relations person?
5. Where does Jane go to meet her husband?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)