|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alex do with the object he and his father built together when it is finally completed?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Paints it.
(d) Gives it to his cousin.
2. What does Cassie ask Alex to help her do in Chapter Six?
(a) Patch her memory together.
(b) Find Connor.
(c) Glue bones together.
(d) Make a baby.
3. What does Will buy in Chapter Eight?
(a) Sourdough bread.
(b) New furniture.
(c) White T-shirts and socks.
(d) Theater tickets.
4. What does Cassie say that she wanted to be when Connor first moved in next door to her?
(a) A boy.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A bird.
5. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
(b) Furniture warehouse.
(c) Funeral home.
6. Who is Mrs. Alvarez?
(a) A maid in Alex's home.
(b) Alex's mentor.
(c) A woman at a shelter.
(d) The subject of Alex's movie.
7. Who is Herb Silver?
(a) A police investigator.
(b) The CEO of Silver Enterprises.
(c) A country doctor.
(d) An agent.
8. What is true of Alex's wardrobe?
(a) He treats his designer labels as if they are disposable.
(b) Everything is black, white or red.
(c) T-shirts and jeans are on hangers.
(d) It is huge, extensive and organized.
9. Why did 10-year-old Cassie have a snow fight with her mother?
(a) To force her mother to fight back.
(b) It's a tradition for the family.
(c) Her mother starts it to get Cassie out of a bad mood.
(d) To make her mother laugh.
10. What happened to Connor the morning after Halloween in 1976?
(a) He died of leukemia.
(b) He was killed in a car accident.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He killed himself.
11. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
12. What does Jane do to thank Will for his kindness in Chapter Two?
(a) Cooks him dinner.
(b) Paints his living room.
(c) Plants flowers in his front yard.
(d) Unpacks his boxes.
13. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
(a) Mrs. Alvaraz.
(b) Nick LaRue.
(c) Herb Silver.
14. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
(b) A graveyard.
(d) A junkyard.
15. What type of vehicle does William Flying Horse drive?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A truck.
(c) A city bus.
(d) A motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cassie's mother from before the family moves to Maine?
2. What country does Herb Silver place a call to, telling Jane's husband that she has been found?
3. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
4. What is the pet name that Alex calls Jane?
5. What does Cassie say that Connor inspired her to do?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)