|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
(a) She plays bingo twice a week.
(b) She reads tabloids.
(c) She reads dime store romance novels.
(d) She plays slots nightly.
2. What is the name of Alex's secretary?
3. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Palo Alto.
4. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
(a) That he's acting.
(b) That he is devoted to her.
(c) That he's depressed.
(d) That she was a virgin.
5. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
(a) A box of cholocates.
(b) A box of bones.
(d) Plane tickets.
6. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
(a) A loaded pistol.
(b) A journal.
(c) A pregnancy test.
(d) A scrapbook.
7. Why is Will at the restaurant the night that Alex gets into a fight?
(a) He is walking by when he sees Cassie inside.
(b) He is on a date.
(c) He is called to a disturbance at the restaurant.
(d) He is eating alone.
8. Why does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
(a) To generate good press before the Oscars.
(b) To combat a story about him in the Enquirer.
(c) To pacify Cassie.
(d) To repay the woman who jumpstarted his career.
9. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) Herb Silver.
(d) Mrs. Alvaraz.
10. What is the pet name that Alex calls Jane?
(d) Green Eyes.
11. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
12. What best describes Ophelia and Alex's relationship?
13. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Alex's press agent.
(b) Cassie's friend.
(c) Alex's sister.
(d) Cassie's sister.
14. Where does Cassie watch some of Alex's movies in Chapter Eight?
(a) At a local movie theater.
(b) Westwood Community Center.
(c) At home on her VCR.
(d) At Will's house.
15. What does Cassie ask Alex to help her do in Chapter Six?
(a) Find Connor.
(b) Make a baby.
(c) Patch her memory together.
(d) Glue bones together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex tell Cassie they don't go out to dinner very often?
2. What does Alex say his apparent health hides?
3. What did Cassie and Connor steal together?
4. What does Jane realize that her profession is?
5. What does Alex recall building with his father?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)