|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Alex's secretary?
2. What name does Jane find at the library that she thinks might be her own?
3. What does Will buy in Chapter Eight?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) White T-shirts and socks.
(c) Sourdough bread.
(d) New furniture.
4. What does Alex say when Cassie asks him why she doesn't see Connor anymore?
(a) Connor broke her heart.
(b) Connor is dead.
(c) Connor is on active duty overseas.
(d) He doesn't know.
5. What does Cassie say that she wanted to be when Connor first moved in next door to her?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A boy.
(d) A bird.
6. What is the actor's name that the woman with amnesia recognizes on a billboard?
(a) William Austin.
(b) Alex Rivers.
(c) Jack Trout.
(d) Samuel Stone.
7. Where does Cassie watch some of Alex's movies in Chapter Eight?
(a) At a local movie theater.
(b) At Will's house.
(c) Westwood Community Center.
(d) At home on her VCR.
8. What does Herb Silver want to do about media coverage regarding Cassie's disappearance?
(a) Start a blog about reuniting after amnesia.
(b) Use it to get an interview in People Magazine.
(c) Bury the story so Alex and Cassie can have their privacy.
(d) Milk it to help Alex's Oscar chances.
9. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) Mrs. Alvaraz.
(d) Herb Silver.
10. What is the name of Jane's husband?
(a) Billy Watkins.
(b) Alex Rivers.
(c) Sam Silver.
(d) Boyd Barrett.
11. What is Cassie's relationship with the head of her department like?
(a) He doesn't like her.
(b) It is openly hostile.
(c) He lusts after her, but she rebuffs him.
(d) They are intimate.
12. Where was Cassie supposed to go with a class before Alex arranged for her sabbatical?
(b) New York City.
13. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
(a) Furniture warehouse.
(c) Funeral home.
14. What sound does William Flying Horse hear that leads him to the unnamed woman?
(a) A scream for help.
(b) An owl.
(c) A baby.
15. What did the Sioux do to a woman who committed adultery?
(a) Killed her.
(b) Cut off her nose.
(c) Sent her into exile with her mother-in-law.
(d) Took away her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Will angry when he returns home the first day Jane stays there alone?
2. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
3. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
4. What does Jane do to thank Will for his kindness in Chapter Two?
5. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)