|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Ophelia and Alex's relationship?
2. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
3. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
(a) That he is devoted to her.
(b) That she was a virgin.
(c) That he's depressed.
(d) That he's acting.
4. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
(a) She reads tabloids.
(b) She reads dime store romance novels.
(c) She plays bingo twice a week.
(d) She plays slots nightly.
5. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
(a) He sees a photographer lurking outside the window.
(b) The waiter tears the cork while opening the wine bottle.
(c) He doesn't want Cassie to accept a promotion.
(d) He sees Nick LaRue touch Cassie's arm.
6. What does Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air look like?
(a) A tribute to dead starlets.
(b) A southern mansion.
(c) A Gothic castle.
(d) A glass tower.
7. What happened to Connor the morning after Halloween in 1976?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He died of leukemia.
(d) He was killed in a car accident.
8. What does the unnamed woman believe has happened to her when she wakes up with no memory in Chapter One?
(a) She believes she was sick.
(b) She believes she was mugged.
(c) She believes she was drunk.
(d) She believes she was raped.
9. What sound does William Flying Horse hear that leads him to the unnamed woman?
(a) A scream for help.
(b) A baby.
(c) An owl.
10. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Palo Alto.
11. What did the Sioux do to a woman who committed adultery?
(a) Sent her into exile with her mother-in-law.
(b) Killed her.
(c) Took away her children.
(d) Cut off her nose.
12. Why did 10-year-old Cassie have a snow fight with her mother?
(a) Her mother starts it to get Cassie out of a bad mood.
(b) To make her mother laugh.
(c) It's a tradition for the family.
(d) To force her mother to fight back.
13. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
(a) He spent a year in a rehab facility after an accident.
(b) His mother spent a year slowly dying in a hospital.
(c) He was a frequent patient as a child.
(d) He lost his sister to childhood cancer.
14. What food does Alex bring Cassie as an apology?
(a) Rice Crispies.
(b) Hershey Kiss Cookies.
(d) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
15. What does Cassie find out that Alex always does for her in Chapter Seven?
(a) Schedules her workouts.
(b) Cuts her meat.
(c) Takes her car to the shop.
(d) Picks out her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nick LaRue?
2. Where does Will take Jane in the beginning of Chapter Two?
3. What happens to Will in Chapter Nine?
4. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
5. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)