|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, specifically, did Will see the shaman to ask about becoming?
(a) A seeker.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) A giver.
(d) A keeper.
2. How do Alex and Cassie treat each other the night of his fight at the restaurant?
(a) She refuses to spend the night in the same room with him.
(b) He leaves and spends the night at a hotel.
(c) They ignore the incident, go home, and go to bed.
(d) He doesn't speak to her the rest of the night.
3. Where does Jane go to meet her husband?
(a) His office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Dr. Silver's office.
(d) The police station.
4. What does Will leave with Jane when he goes to work and leaves her home alone in his apartment?
(a) Money, toothpaste and a key.
(b) His credit card and his motorcycle.
(c) A cat and a cellphone.
(d) Cash and list of phone numbers.
5. Why does William Flying Horse believe he has lost his sense of direction while driving in Chapter One?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because he is cursed.
(c) Because the moon is not visible.
(d) Because he is half white.
6. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
(b) Beverly Hills.
(d) Palo Alto.
7. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
(b) Plane tickets.
(c) A box of bones.
(d) A box of cholocates.
8. What does Cassie recall Alex demanding for breakfast when he was filming Antony and Cleopatra?
(a) Fresh squeezed orange juice.
(b) Figs, wine and bread.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Sweetmeats and ambrosia.
9. What is the name of Jane's husband?
(a) Alex Rivers.
(b) Boyd Barrett.
(c) Sam Silver.
(d) Billy Watkins.
10. What does William Flying Horse do when the unnamed woman faints?
(a) Throws cold water on her.
(b) Calls 911.
(c) Puts her in/on his vehicle.
(d) Sings to her.
11. Where was Cassie supposed to go with a class before Alex arranged for her sabbatical?
(c) New York City.
12. What does Jane do to thank Will for his kindness in Chapter Two?
(a) Paints his living room.
(b) Unpacks his boxes.
(c) Plants flowers in his front yard.
(d) Cooks him dinner.
13. What vision did Will see on his vision quest?
(a) A boat lost at sea.
(b) A girl surrounded by fire.
(c) A boy sucked into a black hole.
(d) A girl in a snowstorm.
14. The night of Alex's fight at the restaurant, Cassie thinks that she cannot imagine a world where what happens?
(a) One is not condemned for the consequences of his/her actions.
(b) People's private lives are free for the taking.
(c) Husbands and wives do not forgive each other.
(d) Beauty is rewarded despite ugly intentions.
15. What type of vehicle does William Flying Horse drive?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A truck.
(d) A city bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws the woman overboard in the Eskimo legend that opens Chapter Ten?
2. Why does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
3. What ailment did Alex suffer from as a child?
4. What best describes Ophelia and Alex's relationship?
5. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)