|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane do to thank Will for his kindness in Chapter Two?
(a) Plants flowers in his front yard.
(b) Paints his living room.
(c) Cooks him dinner.
(d) Unpacks his boxes.
2. After Alex tells Cassie why they decided to wait on having children, what does she think to herself?
(a) That she doesn't want children.
(b) That this is probably his decision.
(c) That he is lying to her.
(d) That she wants a child.
3. Where does Will go after Cassie and Alex leave the restaurant the night of the fight?
(a) To his date's apartment.
(b) To a church.
(d) To another call.
4. What food does Alex bring Cassie as an apology?
(a) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(c) Hershey Kiss Cookies.
(d) Rice Crispies.
5. What does Cassie ask Alex to help her do in Chapter Six?
(a) Glue bones together.
(b) Find Connor.
(c) Make a baby.
(d) Patch her memory together.
6. What is true of Alex's wardrobe?
(a) T-shirts and jeans are on hangers.
(b) Everything is black, white or red.
(c) It is huge, extensive and organized.
(d) He treats his designer labels as if they are disposable.
7. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
(b) A graveyard.
(d) A junkyard.
8. What article of clothing does Alex have organized by color?
9. What is Cassie's relationship with the head of her department like?
(a) He lusts after her, but she rebuffs him.
(b) It is openly hostile.
(c) They are intimate.
(d) He doesn't like her.
10. What type of vehicle does William Flying Horse drive?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A truck.
(c) A convertible.
(d) A city bus.
11. What does Cassie recall Alex demanding for breakfast when he was filming Antony and Cleopatra?
(a) Sweetmeats and ambrosia.
(b) Fresh squeezed orange juice.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Figs, wine and bread.
12. Where did Cassie and Connor meet?
(c) A funeral home in New York.
(d) Summer Camp in Vermont.
13. What did Alex do with the object he and his father built together when it is finally completed?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Paints it.
(d) Gives it to his cousin.
14. Why does Cassie recall Alex had a tantrum about his interview with Barbara Walters?
(a) He arrived hungover and looks sickly.
(b) He says she tricked him with a question.
(c) He couldn't find his lucky tie.
(d) His interview was to be aired second.
15. The night of Alex's fight at the restaurant, Cassie thinks that she cannot imagine a world where what happens?
(a) One is not condemned for the consequences of his/her actions.
(b) People's private lives are free for the taking.
(c) Beauty is rewarded despite ugly intentions.
(d) Husbands and wives do not forgive each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pet name that Alex calls Jane?
2. What does Cassie find out that Alex always does for her in Chapter Seven?
3. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
4. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
5. In the Algonquin legend that opens the novel, why is the woman rewarded while others are punished?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)