|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Ophelia and Alex's relationship?
2. Who tells Cassie that she is "dressed like a whore" on the night that Alex gets into a fight?
(b) The waiter.
(c) Nick LaRue.
(d) A drunk at the bar.
3. Why does Alex tell Cassie they don't go out to dinner very often?
(a) She loves to cook.
(b) He gets too much attention.
(c) He loves to cook.
(d) Their cook is so much better than any restaurant.
4. Where is the unnamed woman found lying in Chapter One?
(a) On a sidewalk.
(b) In a graveyard.
(c) On a park bench.
(d) In William's garage.
5. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
(a) Lone Man.
(c) Winding Brook.
6. Who is Nick LaRue?
(a) An agent.
(b) An actor.
(c) The head of Cassie's department.
(d) A college student who interned with Cassie.
7. What does Cassie recall Alex demanding for breakfast when he was filming Antony and Cleopatra?
(a) Figs, wine and bread.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Fresh squeezed orange juice.
(d) Sweetmeats and ambrosia.
8. What animal did Will see on his vision quest to the shaman?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A phoenix.
9. Where does Will watch an Alex Rivers' movie about Native American Indians?
(a) In a theater.
(b) At Cassie's.
(c) At home.
(d) Westwood Community Center.
10. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
(a) He was a frequent patient as a child.
(b) His mother spent a year slowly dying in a hospital.
(c) He lost his sister to childhood cancer.
(d) He spent a year in a rehab facility after an accident.
11. Where is Cassie's mother from before the family moves to Maine?
12. What does the unnamed woman believe has happened to her when she wakes up with no memory in Chapter One?
(a) She believes she was mugged.
(b) She believes she was drunk.
(c) She believes she was raped.
(d) She believes she was sick.
13. Why does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
(a) To pacify Cassie.
(b) To repay the woman who jumpstarted his career.
(c) To combat a story about him in the Enquirer.
(d) To generate good press before the Oscars.
14. The night of Alex's fight at the restaurant, Cassie thinks that she cannot imagine a world where what happens?
(a) Husbands and wives do not forgive each other.
(b) One is not condemned for the consequences of his/her actions.
(c) People's private lives are free for the taking.
(d) Beauty is rewarded despite ugly intentions.
15. What did Alex do with the object he and his father built together when it is finally completed?
(a) Paints it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Smashes it.
(d) Gives it to his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment did Alex suffer from as a child?
2. What does Cassie find out that Alex always does for her in Chapter Seven?
3. Where does Alex tell Cassie his parents live?
4. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
5. What is the name of Alex's secretary?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)