|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane do during dinner after Will's first day at his new job?
(a) Uses sign language as she speaks.
(b) Plays an invisible piano on her plate.
(c) Arranges chicken bones into a skeletal structure.
(d) Makes fingerprints in the table dust.
2. Why did 10-year-old Cassie have a snow fight with her mother?
(a) It's a tradition for the family.
(b) Her mother starts it to get Cassie out of a bad mood.
(c) To force her mother to fight back.
(d) To make her mother laugh.
3. What food does Alex bring Cassie as an apology?
(b) Rice Crispies.
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(d) Hershey Kiss Cookies.
4. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
(c) Palo Alto.
(d) Beverly Hills.
5. What does Cassie find out that Alex always does for her in Chapter Seven?
(a) Cuts her meat.
(b) Picks out her clothes.
(c) Takes her car to the shop.
(d) Schedules her workouts.
6. Who is Herb Silver?
(a) The CEO of Silver Enterprises.
(b) An agent.
(c) A police investigator.
(d) A country doctor.
7. Why does Cassie have a sabbatical from her job at UCLA?
(a) Herb Silver arranged it so she can write a book on amnesia.
(b) She arranged it so she can spend more time with Alex.
(c) Her department chair arranged it so she can go to Tanzania.
(d) Alex arranged it so she can go to Scotland.
8. Where does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
(a) A pediatric ward with leukemia patients.
(b) A community center.
(c) A shelter for battered women.
(d) A senior citizen's center.
9. What is the profession of Jane's husband?
(a) Police officer.
(d) Forensic scientist.
10. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
(a) His mother spent a year slowly dying in a hospital.
(b) He spent a year in a rehab facility after an accident.
(c) He was a frequent patient as a child.
(d) He lost his sister to childhood cancer.
11. Who is Nick LaRue?
(a) An actor.
(b) An agent.
(c) A college student who interned with Cassie.
(d) The head of Cassie's department.
12. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
(a) CMM 1976.
(b) Connor loves Cassie.
(c) Best Friend.
13. What words occur to Cassie in Chapter Five that she recalls from a lecture she attended on Native American culture?
(a) It is a good day to die.
(b) Vision and purpose are in the earth.
(c) Seek to find.
(d) The land will lead you.
14. What did Alex do with the object he and his father built together when it is finally completed?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Paints it.
(c) Gives it to his cousin.
(d) Smashes it.
15. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William Flying Horse do when the unnamed woman faints?
2. Where did Cassie and Connor meet?
3. Who does Cassie recall finding drunk and covered in vomit?
4. What play does Cassie hear Alex practicing their first night together?
5. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)