|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
(d) Los Angelos.
2. What article of clothing does Alex have organized by color?
3. In the Algonquin legend that opens the novel, why is the woman rewarded while others are punished?
(a) She is honest and sees the chief's greatness.
(b) She is the mother of the boy who saves the tribe.
(c) She tells the legend the chief likes the best.
(d) She holds the branch of life.
4. Where is the unnamed woman found lying in Chapter One?
(a) On a sidewalk.
(b) In William's garage.
(c) In a graveyard.
(d) On a park bench.
5. What does Alex say is Cassie's only character flaw?
6. Why is Will at the restaurant the night that Alex gets into a fight?
(a) He is walking by when he sees Cassie inside.
(b) He is called to a disturbance at the restaurant.
(c) He is eating alone.
(d) He is on a date.
7. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
(a) That he's acting.
(b) That she was a virgin.
(c) That he is devoted to her.
(d) That he's depressed.
8. Where does Jane go to meet her husband?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His office.
(c) The police station.
(d) Dr. Silver's office.
9. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
(a) He sees Nick LaRue touch Cassie's arm.
(b) The waiter tears the cork while opening the wine bottle.
(c) He sees a photographer lurking outside the window.
(d) He doesn't want Cassie to accept a promotion.
10. What did the Sioux do to a woman who committed adultery?
(a) Sent her into exile with her mother-in-law.
(b) Cut off her nose.
(c) Killed her.
(d) Took away her children.
11. What happens to the photographer who takes Alex and Cassie's picture when they go out to dinner in Chapter Seven?
(a) He gets punched.
(b) His camera is broken.
(c) He is physically thrown out of the restaurant.
(d) His film is confiscated.
12. To which tribe does is William Flying Horse belong?
13. What does Will buy in Chapter Eight?
(a) New furniture.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) White T-shirts and socks.
(d) Sourdough bread.
14. Who is Nick LaRue?
(a) An actor.
(b) The head of Cassie's department.
(c) A college student who interned with Cassie.
(d) An agent.
15. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
(b) Winding Brook.
(c) Lone Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick LaRue tell Cassie while Alex is in the bathroom at the restaurant in Chapter Seven?
2. Who is Ophelia?
3. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
4. Where does Will watch an Alex Rivers' movie about Native American Indians?
5. What is the profession of Jane's husband?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)