|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassie recall Alex demanding for breakfast when he was filming Antony and Cleopatra?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Sweetmeats and ambrosia.
(c) Figs, wine and bread.
(d) Fresh squeezed orange juice.
2. What does Herb Silver want to do about media coverage regarding Cassie's disappearance?
(a) Milk it to help Alex's Oscar chances.
(b) Use it to get an interview in People Magazine.
(c) Start a blog about reuniting after amnesia.
(d) Bury the story so Alex and Cassie can have their privacy.
3. What is the actor's name that the woman with amnesia recognizes on a billboard?
(a) Jack Trout.
(b) Alex Rivers.
(c) William Austin.
(d) Samuel Stone.
4. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
(a) She gets wet from the incoming tide.
(b) She dreams of Will.
(c) She dreams of a man named Curtis.
(d) She gets sunburned.
5. Who is Alex's public relations person?
6. What is the name of the movie in which Alex has been nominated for an Oscar?
7. Where does Will watch an Alex Rivers' movie about Native American Indians?
(a) At home.
(b) At Cassie's.
(c) In a theater.
(d) Westwood Community Center.
8. Who tells Cassie that she is "dressed like a whore" on the night that Alex gets into a fight?
(a) Nick LaRue.
(b) A drunk at the bar.
(d) The waiter.
9. What does Alex say his apparent health hides?
(a) A monster.
(b) The pain of a broken heart.
(c) Rage and loss.
(d) A soul that died years before.
10. What does Cassie say that Connor inspired her to do?
(a) Excel in school.
(b) Leave Maine.
(c) Become an anthroplogist.
11. Where is Cassie's mother from before the family moves to Maine?
12. Why does Cassie recall Alex had a tantrum about his interview with Barbara Walters?
(a) He arrived hungover and looks sickly.
(b) His interview was to be aired second.
(c) He says she tricked him with a question.
(d) He couldn't find his lucky tie.
13. What happens to the photographer who takes Alex and Cassie's picture when they go out to dinner in Chapter Seven?
(a) He gets punched.
(b) His camera is broken.
(c) His film is confiscated.
(d) He is physically thrown out of the restaurant.
14. What does Alex recall building with his father?
(a) A model of a Conestoga wagon.
(b) A car for the Pinewood Derby.
(c) A model of a jet fighter.
(d) A tree fort.
15. In the Eskimo Indian legend that opens Chapter Ten, what animal disguises itself as a man to enchant the woman?
(a) A bird.
(b) A bear.
(c) A seal.
(d) A wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
2. What is Cassie's relationship with the head of her department like?
3. Why does Alex tell Cassie they don't go out to dinner very often?
4. What article of clothing does Alex have organized by color?
5. What words occur to Cassie in Chapter Five that she recalls from a lecture she attended on Native American culture?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)