|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will buy in Chapter Eight?
(a) White T-shirts and socks.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) New furniture.
(d) Sourdough bread.
2. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
(c) Palo Alto.
(d) Beverly Hills.
3. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A loaded pistol.
(c) A journal.
(d) A pregnancy test.
4. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
(c) Los Angelos.
5. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
(a) Lone Man.
(b) Winding Brook.
6. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
(a) Covering up a murder.
(b) Feeding him.
(c) Ironing his shirts.
(d) Getting him out of prison.
7. Who is Captain Watkins?
(a) Will's neighbor.
(b) A name Cassie recalls but can't identify.
(c) The man who takes Cassie to the police station.
(d) Will's boss.
8. Who is Herb Silver?
(a) A country doctor.
(b) A police investigator.
(c) The CEO of Silver Enterprises.
(d) An agent.
9. What animal did Will see on his vision quest to the shaman?
(a) A phoenix.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A beaver.
(d) An eagle.
10. What does the unnamed woman believe has happened to her when she wakes up with no memory in Chapter One?
(a) She believes she was raped.
(b) She believes she was mugged.
(c) She believes she was sick.
(d) She believes she was drunk.
11. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
(a) He lost his sister to childhood cancer.
(b) He was a frequent patient as a child.
(c) His mother spent a year slowly dying in a hospital.
(d) He spent a year in a rehab facility after an accident.
12. Where is the unnamed woman found lying in Chapter One?
(a) In a graveyard.
(b) On a sidewalk.
(c) In William's garage.
(d) On a park bench.
13. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
(a) She gets sunburned.
(b) She gets wet from the incoming tide.
(c) She dreams of Will.
(d) She dreams of a man named Curtis.
14. What did Cassie and Connor steal together?
(b) A car.
(c) Dog bones.
(d) A Christmas tree.
15. What ailment did Alex suffer from as a child?
(b) A hole in his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane realize that her profession is?
2. Where does Will take Jane in the beginning of Chapter Two?
3. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
4. What is true of Alex's wardrobe?
5. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)