|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air look like?
(a) A Gothic castle.
(b) A tribute to dead starlets.
(c) A southern mansion.
(d) A glass tower.
2. What is true of Alex's wardrobe?
(a) Everything is black, white or red.
(b) He treats his designer labels as if they are disposable.
(c) T-shirts and jeans are on hangers.
(d) It is huge, extensive and organized.
3. What happens to Will in Chapter Nine?
(a) He loses electricity.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He has a vision of Cassie flying.
(d) He gets a letter from a girl he used to know.
4. What play does Cassie hear Alex practicing their first night together?
(a) "Death of a Salesman."
(c) "The Importance of Being Earnest."
(d) "Romeo and Juliet."
5. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
(a) CMM 1976.
(c) Connor loves Cassie.
(d) Best Friend.
6. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
7. What does William Flying Horse do when the unnamed woman faints?
(a) Puts her in/on his vehicle.
(b) Throws cold water on her.
(c) Sings to her.
(d) Calls 911.
8. The night of Alex's fight at the restaurant, Cassie thinks that she cannot imagine a world where what happens?
(a) Husbands and wives do not forgive each other.
(b) Beauty is rewarded despite ugly intentions.
(c) One is not condemned for the consequences of his/her actions.
(d) People's private lives are free for the taking.
9. What does Will leave with Jane when he goes to work and leaves her home alone in his apartment?
(a) His credit card and his motorcycle.
(b) A cat and a cellphone.
(c) Cash and list of phone numbers.
(d) Money, toothpaste and a key.
10. Where does Jane go to meet her husband?
(a) The police station.
(b) His office.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Dr. Silver's office.
11. What is Alex's response when Jane hugs Will?
(a) He appears jealous and angry.
(b) He looks grateful.
(c) He breaks down in tears.
(d) He just looks happy to have his wife back.
12. Where is Cassie's mother from before the family moves to Maine?
13. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
(b) Los Angelos.
14. Who is Captain Watkins?
(a) Will's boss.
(b) A name Cassie recalls but can't identify.
(c) Will's neighbor.
(d) The man who takes Cassie to the police station.
15. What does Jane do during dinner after Will's first day at his new job?
(a) Arranges chicken bones into a skeletal structure.
(b) Makes fingerprints in the table dust.
(c) Plays an invisible piano on her plate.
(d) Uses sign language as she speaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
2. How does a piece of bone that Cassie needs to complete her project get damaged?
3. Who does Alex bribe to tell him where Cassie has gone in Chapter Nine?
4. What is Cassie's relationship with the head of her department like?
5. Where does Will take Jane in the beginning of Chapter Two?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)