|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did 10-year-old Cassie have a snow fight with her mother?
(a) To force her mother to fight back.
(b) To make her mother laugh.
(c) Her mother starts it to get Cassie out of a bad mood.
(d) It's a tradition for the family.
2. What is Jane's real name?
3. What is the name of the beautiful woman that sidles up to Alex, and the tabloids claim was naked in Alex's trailer?
4. Who does Jane tell about her recalled profession in Chapter Three?
(a) Captain Watkins.
(b) Shilo the cat.
(c) Mrs. Feniman.
5. What job is William Flying Horse getting ready to begin in Chapter One?
(a) Taxi driver.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Limo driver.
6. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Cassie's friend.
(b) Cassie's sister.
(c) Alex's sister.
(d) Alex's press agent.
7. Where is the unnamed woman found lying in Chapter One?
(a) In William's garage.
(b) On a park bench.
(c) On a sidewalk.
(d) In a graveyard.
8. What ailment did Alex suffer from as a child?
(a) A hole in his heart.
9. What, specifically, did Will see the shaman to ask about becoming?
(a) A keeper.
(b) A seeker.
(c) A giver.
(d) A dreamer.
10. Who is Mrs. Alvarez?
(a) A maid in Alex's home.
(b) Alex's mentor.
(c) The subject of Alex's movie.
(d) A woman at a shelter.
11. In the Algonquin legend that opens the novel, why is the woman rewarded while others are punished?
(a) She tells the legend the chief likes the best.
(b) She is the mother of the boy who saves the tribe.
(c) She holds the branch of life.
(d) She is honest and sees the chief's greatness.
12. What is the name of Jane's husband?
(a) Billy Watkins.
(b) Boyd Barrett.
(c) Sam Silver.
(d) Alex Rivers.
13. How do Alex and Cassie treat each other the night of his fight at the restaurant?
(a) They ignore the incident, go home, and go to bed.
(b) She refuses to spend the night in the same room with him.
(c) He leaves and spends the night at a hotel.
(d) He doesn't speak to her the rest of the night.
14. Where does Will go after Cassie and Alex leave the restaurant the night of the fight?
(a) To a church.
(b) To another call.
(d) To his date's apartment.
15. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
(b) CMM 1976.
(c) Best Friend.
(d) Connor loves Cassie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie realize the first time that she and Alex are intimate after their reunion?
2. Why does Cassie have a sabbatical from her job at UCLA?
3. Where does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
4. Why does Alex's public relations person arrange a photo opportunity for him in Chapter Eight?
5. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)