|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
(a) Covering up a murder.
(b) Ironing his shirts.
(c) Getting him out of prison.
(d) Feeding him.
2. In the Eskimo Indian legend that opens Chapter Ten, what animal disguises itself as a man to enchant the woman?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A seal.
(d) A bird.
3. Who does Jane tell about her recalled profession in Chapter Three?
(a) Mrs. Feniman.
(b) Shilo the cat.
(c) Captain Watkins.
4. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
(c) Furniture warehouse.
(d) Funeral home.
5. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
(a) He sees a photographer lurking outside the window.
(b) He sees Nick LaRue touch Cassie's arm.
(c) He doesn't want Cassie to accept a promotion.
(d) The waiter tears the cork while opening the wine bottle.
6. What does Will leave with Jane when he goes to work and leaves her home alone in his apartment?
(a) His credit card and his motorcycle.
(b) Money, toothpaste and a key.
(c) Cash and list of phone numbers.
(d) A cat and a cellphone.
7. Where does Cassie watch some of Alex's movies in Chapter Eight?
(a) Westwood Community Center.
(b) At Will's house.
(c) At a local movie theater.
(d) At home on her VCR.
8. What does Cassie find out that Alex always does for her in Chapter Seven?
(a) Takes her car to the shop.
(b) Cuts her meat.
(c) Picks out her clothes.
(d) Schedules her workouts.
9. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A loaded pistol.
(c) A journal.
(d) A pregnancy test.
10. What does William Flying Horse do when the unnamed woman faints?
(a) Calls 911.
(b) Puts her in/on his vehicle.
(c) Sings to her.
(d) Throws cold water on her.
11. Why is Will at the restaurant the night that Alex gets into a fight?
(a) He is on a date.
(b) He is eating alone.
(c) He is called to a disturbance at the restaurant.
(d) He is walking by when he sees Cassie inside.
12. Why does Cassie have a sabbatical from her job at UCLA?
(a) She arranged it so she can spend more time with Alex.
(b) Her department chair arranged it so she can go to Tanzania.
(c) Alex arranged it so she can go to Scotland.
(d) Herb Silver arranged it so she can write a book on amnesia.
13. Where does Jane go to meet her husband?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Dr. Silver's office.
(c) The police station.
(d) His office.
14. What job is William Flying Horse getting ready to begin in Chapter One?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Taxi driver.
(c) Limo driver.
15. What is the name of Alex's Oscar nominated movie?
(a) Mrs. Alvarez.
(b) Picture Perfect.
(c) Antony and Cleopatra.
(d) The Story of His Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Herb Silver place a call to, telling Jane's husband that she has been found?
2. Why does Alex tell Cassie they decided to wait on having children?
3. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
4. What, specifically, did Will see the shaman to ask about becoming?
5. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)