|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Alvarez?
(a) A woman at a shelter.
(b) Alex's mentor.
(c) A maid in Alex's home.
(d) The subject of Alex's movie.
2. Who is Captain Watkins?
(a) A name Cassie recalls but can't identify.
(b) Will's boss.
(c) Will's neighbor.
(d) The man who takes Cassie to the police station.
3. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
4. Where does Will go after Cassie and Alex leave the restaurant the night of the fight?
(a) To a church.
(b) To his date's apartment.
(d) To another call.
5. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
(b) CMM 1976.
(c) Best Friend.
(d) Connor loves Cassie.
6. Where does Will watch an Alex Rivers' movie about Native American Indians?
(a) In a theater.
(b) At Cassie's.
(c) Westwood Community Center.
(d) At home.
7. What words occur to Cassie in Chapter Five that she recalls from a lecture she attended on Native American culture?
(a) It is a good day to die.
(b) Vision and purpose are in the earth.
(c) The land will lead you.
(d) Seek to find.
8. What is the name of Jane's husband?
(a) Boyd Barrett.
(b) Sam Silver.
(c) Billy Watkins.
(d) Alex Rivers.
9. Who took William Flying Horse to visit a shaman when he was a child?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) An unrelated village elder.
(d) His father.
10. What happens to the photographer who takes Alex and Cassie's picture when they go out to dinner in Chapter Seven?
(a) He is physically thrown out of the restaurant.
(b) His film is confiscated.
(c) He gets punched.
(d) His camera is broken.
11. Why does Alex tell Cassie they decided to wait on having children?
(a) He films on location every year.
(b) They want more time to enjoy each other.
(c) She is trying to get promoted.
(d) She goes to Africa every year.
12. What happened to Connor the morning after Halloween in 1976?
(a) He died of leukemia.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was killed in a car accident.
13. What does Cassie ask Alex to help her do in Chapter Six?
(a) Glue bones together.
(b) Patch her memory together.
(c) Make a baby.
(d) Find Connor.
14. In the Eskimo Indian legend that opens Chapter Ten, what animal disguises itself as a man to enchant the woman?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bird.
(c) A bear.
(d) A seal.
15. What did the Sioux do to a woman who committed adultery?
(a) Cut off her nose.
(b) Took away her children.
(c) Sent her into exile with her mother-in-law.
(d) Killed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick LaRue tell Cassie while Alex is in the bathroom at the restaurant in Chapter Seven?
2. Where did Jane make the discovery that she recalls in Chapter Three?
3. Why did 10-year-old Cassie have a snow fight with her mother?
4. Where did Cassie and Connor meet?
5. Why does Alex tell Cassie they don't go out to dinner very often?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)