|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the photographer who takes Alex and Cassie's picture when they go out to dinner in Chapter Seven?
(a) His film is confiscated.
(b) His camera is broken.
(c) He gets punched.
(d) He is physically thrown out of the restaurant.
2. What does Alex say is Cassie's only character flaw?
3. Who throws the woman overboard in the Eskimo legend that opens Chapter Ten?
(a) An invisible spirit.
(b) She jumps.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What country does Herb Silver place a call to, telling Jane's husband that she has been found?
5. What does Will buy in Chapter Eight?
(a) Sourdough bread.
(b) White T-shirts and socks.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) New furniture.
6. What ailment did Alex suffer from as a child?
(c) A hole in his heart.
7. What is true about Jane in Chapter Two?
(a) She wears a wedding ring.
(b) She has an artificial limb.
(c) She wears a wig.
(d) She has a tattoo.
8. What is the name of the movie in which Alex has been nominated for an Oscar?
9. What job is William Flying Horse getting ready to begin in Chapter One?
(b) Limo driver.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Taxi driver.
10. What is the pet name that Alex calls Jane?
(c) Green Eyes.
11. Why does Alex fly into a rage at the restaurant, in Chapter Seven?
(a) He sees Nick LaRue touch Cassie's arm.
(b) He doesn't want Cassie to accept a promotion.
(c) He sees a photographer lurking outside the window.
(d) The waiter tears the cork while opening the wine bottle.
12. What is the actor's name that the woman with amnesia recognizes on a billboard?
(a) William Austin.
(b) Samuel Stone.
(c) Alex Rivers.
(d) Jack Trout.
13. Where does Jane go to meet her husband?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Dr. Silver's office.
(c) His office.
(d) The police station.
14. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A pregnancy test.
(c) A journal.
(d) A loaded pistol.
15. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
(a) Feeding him.
(b) Covering up a murder.
(c) Getting him out of prison.
(d) Ironing his shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
2. How does a piece of bone that Cassie needs to complete her project get damaged?
3. What did Alex do with the object he and his father built together when it is finally completed?
4. What does Alex say his apparent health hides?
5. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)