|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is William Flying Horse driving in Chapter One?
(a) New Mexico.
2. Who is Captain Watkins?
(a) Will's boss.
(b) The man who takes Cassie to the police station.
(c) A name Cassie recalls but can't identify.
(d) Will's neighbor.
3. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
4. What does Alex say when Cassie asks him why she doesn't see Connor anymore?
(a) Connor broke her heart.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) Connor is dead.
(d) Connor is on active duty overseas.
5. What is the name of Alex's Oscar nominated movie?
(a) Antony and Cleopatra.
(b) The Story of His Life.
(c) Mrs. Alvarez.
(d) Picture Perfect.
6. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
(a) Winding Brook.
(c) Lone Man.
7. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
(c) A junkyard.
(d) A graveyard.
8. What type of business did Cassie's parents own growing up?
(b) Furniture warehouse.
(c) Funeral home.
9. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
(b) Beverly Hills.
(d) Palo Alto.
10. What does Jane do to thank Will for his kindness in Chapter Two?
(a) Cooks him dinner.
(b) Plants flowers in his front yard.
(c) Unpacks his boxes.
(d) Paints his living room.
11. What sound does William Flying Horse hear that leads him to the unnamed woman?
(a) A baby.
(b) A scream for help.
(c) An owl.
12. What happens when Alex tries to kiss a little girl on the cheek?
(a) She kisses him on the mouth.
(b) She cries.
(c) He can't bring himself to kiss her.
(d) She screams.
13. What is the profession of Jane's husband?
(b) Police officer.
(d) Forensic scientist.
14. What does Nick LaRue tell Cassie while Alex is in the bathroom at the restaurant in Chapter Seven?
(a) He has been waiting all night.
(b) They were having an affair.
(c) That Alex is bad news.
(d) She is going to be promoted to full professor.
15. How old was Will when his mother died?
(b) She dies during childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
2. What vision did Will see on his vision quest?
3. Why does Alex tell Cassie they decided to wait on having children?
4. Where was Cassie supposed to go with a class before Alex arranged for her sabbatical?
5. Why does Alex tell Cassie they don't go out to dinner very often?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)