|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Alex bring Cassie as an apology?
(a) Hershey Kiss Cookies.
(b) Rice Crispies.
(d) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
2. What does William Flying Horse do when the unnamed woman faints?
(a) Sings to her.
(b) Calls 911.
(c) Puts her in/on his vehicle.
(d) Throws cold water on her.
3. What is the name of Jane's husband?
(a) Boyd Barrett.
(b) Billy Watkins.
(c) Sam Silver.
(d) Alex Rivers.
4. What does Will buy in Chapter Eight?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) Sourdough bread.
(c) White T-shirts and socks.
(d) New furniture.
5. What does Alex recall building with his father?
(a) A car for the Pinewood Derby.
(b) A model of a Conestoga wagon.
(c) A tree fort.
(d) A model of a jet fighter.
6. What name does Jane find at the library that she thinks might be her own?
7. What is true of Alex's wardrobe?
(a) Everything is black, white or red.
(b) It is huge, extensive and organized.
(c) He treats his designer labels as if they are disposable.
(d) T-shirts and jeans are on hangers.
8. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A junkyard.
9. What does the unnamed woman believe has happened to her when she wakes up with no memory in Chapter One?
(a) She believes she was mugged.
(b) She believes she was drunk.
(c) She believes she was raped.
(d) She believes she was sick.
10. What does Alex and Cassie's home in Bel-Air look like?
(a) A Gothic castle.
(b) A southern mansion.
(c) A tribute to dead starlets.
(d) A glass tower.
11. What is chiseled into the pink rock that Cassie has under a boxwood hedge of her Bel-Air mansion?
(a) Connor loves Cassie.
(c) CMM 1976.
(d) Best Friend.
12. What vice does Cassie have that embarrasses her?
(a) She plays bingo twice a week.
(b) She plays slots nightly.
(c) She reads tabloids.
(d) She reads dime store romance novels.
13. What does Alex say his apparent health hides?
(a) A monster.
(b) The pain of a broken heart.
(c) A soul that died years before.
(d) Rage and loss.
14. Where do Cassie and Alex go when they first return home after her disappearance?
(a) Palo Alto.
(c) Beverly Hills.
15. What does Alex bring Cassie in Chapter Six?
(a) A box of bones.
(b) A box of cholocates.
(d) Plane tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
2. Who is Alex's public relations person?
3. In the Eskimo Indian legend that opens Chapter Ten, what animal disguises itself as a man to enchant the woman?
4. What does Cassie remember Connor teaching her to do?
5. What does Cassie discover in the hiding space in her closet in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)