|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex have painful memories of the hospital?
(a) His mother spent a year slowly dying in a hospital.
(b) He lost his sister to childhood cancer.
(c) He was a frequent patient as a child.
(d) He spent a year in a rehab facility after an accident.
2. What does Cassie say that she wanted to be when Connor first moved in next door to her?
(a) A boy.
(b) A bird.
(d) A librarian.
3. When the unnamed woman awakes, how does she introduce herself to William Flying Horse?
(a) Jane Rivers.
(b) Jane Smith.
(c) Jane Stone.
(d) Jane Doe.
4. What is Cassie's relationship with the head of her department like?
(a) He doesn't like her.
(b) It is openly hostile.
(c) They are intimate.
(d) He lusts after her, but she rebuffs him.
5. What best describes the success of Cassie's parents' business when she is a child in Maine?
(a) They sell the business and retire on the profit.
(b) They are successful and form a franchise.
(c) It makes ends meet but never thrives.
(d) They struggle and lose money.
6. Where was the last place that Cassie sees Connor alive?
(a) A graveyard.
(c) A junkyard.
7. Who does Will tell Jane that he is with in Chapter Two?
(a) Worker's Union 119.
(d) Sons of Sioux.
8. Which of Alex's movies is about Native Americans?
(a) Winding Brook.
(b) Lone Man.
9. Why does William Flying Horse believe he has lost his sense of direction while driving in Chapter One?
(a) Because the moon is not visible.
(b) Because he is half white.
(c) Because he is cursed.
(d) Because he is sick.
10. What does Will leave with Jane when he goes to work and leaves her home alone in his apartment?
(a) Money, toothpaste and a key.
(b) Cash and list of phone numbers.
(c) A cat and a cellphone.
(d) His credit card and his motorcycle.
11. What, specifically, did Will see the shaman to ask about becoming?
(a) A keeper.
(b) A seeker.
(c) A giver.
(d) A dreamer.
12. Why does Cassie recall Alex had a tantrum about his interview with Barbara Walters?
(a) He arrived hungover and looks sickly.
(b) He couldn't find his lucky tie.
(c) His interview was to be aired second.
(d) He says she tricked him with a question.
13. Why does Alex tell Cassie they decided to wait on having children?
(a) She goes to Africa every year.
(b) She is trying to get promoted.
(c) He films on location every year.
(d) They want more time to enjoy each other.
14. What animal did Will see on his vision quest to the shaman?
(a) A beaver.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A phoenix.
(d) A hawk.
15. Where does Will watch an Alex Rivers' movie about Native American Indians?
(a) In a theater.
(b) Westwood Community Center.
(c) At home.
(d) At Cassie's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassie's mother feel about snow?
2. What words occur to Cassie in Chapter Five that she recalls from a lecture she attended on Native American culture?
3. What happens to Cassie when she falls asleep on the beach?
4. Who does Jane tell about her recalled profession in Chapter Three?
5. What is the pet name that Alex calls Jane?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)