|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
2. What task does Wendy assign the boys following their meal?
3. Where does Tinkerbell live?
4. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
5. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
2. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
3. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
4. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
5. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
6. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
7. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
8. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
9. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
10. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ongoing conflict in this story regarding gender.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Wendy's commitment to "play house" with the Lost Boys to Peter Pan's commitment. What separates the two? What is Wendy's reaction to her understanding of Peter Pan's level of commitment? Compare that to Peter Pan's reaction to the situation.
Essay Topic 3
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)