|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
2. Where does Tinkerbell live?
3. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
4. What task does Wendy assign the boys following their meal?
5. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
2. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
3. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
4. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
5. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
6. How is Tinkerbell saved?
7. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
8. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
9. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
10. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the medicine that prompts the argument in the nursery? Compare that to the second time medicine becomes important in the story. What is the significance of the fact that Peter Pan takes time to take the medicine Wendy left for him?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of having a sheepdog play the role of nursemaid to the children? What is the attitude of Mrs. Darling toward Nana? Contrast that to the attitude of Mr. Darling. Would Mr. Darling's attitude have been different if Nana were human? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Peter Pan say Wendy, John and Michael can go with him to Neverland? What directions does he give? Compare that to the arrangements he makes for returning them to the nursery. Why is there a difference?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)