|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy leave for Peter Pan as she is preparing to return to her own home?
2. What does Peter Pan say about catching a mermaid?
3. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
4. What instrument does Hook call for in order to punish the boys that say, "God save the King?"
5. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
2. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
3. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
4. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
5. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
6. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
7. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
8. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
9. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
10. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Captain Hook's greatest fear and why that fear has consumed him. Contrast his attitudes with those of a typical villain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene in which Peter Pan and Wendy exchange the thimble for the button. What is the significance of Peter Pan's lack of knowledge regarding a kiss?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the on-going fighting between pirates and Indians to that of ethnic groups.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)