|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
2. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
3. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
4. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
5. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
2. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
3. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
4. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
5. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
6. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
7. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
8. How is Tinkerbell saved?
9. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
10. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Peter Pan say Wendy, John and Michael can go with him to Neverland? What directions does he give? Compare that to the arrangements he makes for returning them to the nursery. Why is there a difference?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene in which Peter Pan and Wendy exchange the thimble for the button. What is the significance of Peter Pan's lack of knowledge regarding a kiss?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Mrs. Darling a stereotypical mother? In what ways is she not? How much of an impact has she had on Wendy? Is this a positive impact or a negative?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)