|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
2. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
3. As children react to Peter's call, what happens to Tinkerbell?
4. What objection do some of the boys have to becoming pirates?
5. What happens to the pirate sent to fetch this instrument for Captain Hook's punishment of the boy who said, "God save the King?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
2. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
3. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
4. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
5. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
6. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
7. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
8. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
9. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
10. How is Tinkerbell saved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Wendy's role in the lives of John and Michael Darling. Compare that to the role she takes in the lives of the Lost Boys. What is the message about motherhood in Peter Pan?
Essay Topic 2
How does Peter Pan say fairies are born and die? How is Tinkerbell's life put in danger? What is the result of that situation? Why does the audience become involved in the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is Marooner's Rock? What happens to Peter Pan and Wendy there?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)