|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
2. What does Peter Pan realize about Tinkerbells' situation after she saves him from the poison?
3. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
4. Who stands guard over the Lost Boys after Wendy's arrival on the tail of a kite?
5. Where are Wendy and the boys taken after the pirates capture them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
2. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
3. How is Tinkerbell saved?
4. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
5. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
6. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
7. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
8. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
9. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
10. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Wendy's commitment to "play house" with the Lost Boys to Peter Pan's commitment. What separates the two? What is Wendy's reaction to her understanding of Peter Pan's level of commitment? Compare that to Peter Pan's reaction to the situation.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Peter Pan's shadow? What happens when he finds it? How and why is the situation resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the stage directions used in this play. What is their main purpose? Give three examples to support your claim.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)