|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
2. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
3. How does Captain Hook attempt to poison Peter Pan?
4. What does Smee say about a "mother"?
5. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
2. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
3. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
4. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
5. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
6. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
7. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
8. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
9. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
10. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the medicine that prompts the argument in the nursery? Compare that to the second time medicine becomes important in the story. What is the significance of the fact that Peter Pan takes time to take the medicine Wendy left for him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Neverland and its inhabitants.
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)