|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
2. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
3. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
4. What final action does Captain Hook take upon knowing that he has been beaten?
5. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
2. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
3. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
4. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
5. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
6. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
7. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
8. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
9. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
10. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Wendy's role in the lives of John and Michael Darling. Compare that to the role she takes in the lives of the Lost Boys. What is the message about motherhood in Peter Pan?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Peter Pan's shadow? What happens when he finds it? How and why is the situation resolved?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)