|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
2. What happens before Wendy and the boys can leave Neverland?
3. How does Captain Hook attempt to poison Peter Pan?
4. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
5. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
2. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
3. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
4. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
5. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
6. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
7. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
8. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
9. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
10. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Captain Hook's greatest fear and why that fear has consumed him. Contrast his attitudes with those of a typical villain.
Essay Topic 2
What is Marooner's Rock? What happens to Peter Pan and Wendy there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene in which Peter Pan and Wendy exchange the thimble for the button. What is the significance of Peter Pan's lack of knowledge regarding a kiss?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)