|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens before Wendy and the boys can leave Neverland?
2. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
3. What does Peter Pan do with the eggs he removes from a bird's nest?
4. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
5. What is the favored food in Neverland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
2. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
3. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
4. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
5. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
6. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
7. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
8. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
9. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
10. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
Essay Topic 2
How does Peter Pan say fairies are born and die? How is Tinkerbell's life put in danger? What is the result of that situation? Why does the audience become involved in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Captain Hook's greatest fear and why that fear has consumed him. Contrast his attitudes with those of a typical villain.
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)