|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smee say about a "mother"?
2. What final action does Captain Hook take upon knowing that he has been beaten?
3. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
4. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
5. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
2. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
3. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
4. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
5. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
6. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
7. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
8. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
9. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
10. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the stage directions used in this play. What is their main purpose? Give three examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the on-going fighting between pirates and Indians to that of ethnic groups.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)