|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Wendy and the boys taken after the pirates capture them?
2. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
3. What does Smee plan to do with his captive when he reaches the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
4. What sound does Captain Hook hear that brings the executions to an abrupt halt?
5. How are Wendy, John and Michael to return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
2. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
3. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
4. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
5. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
6. How is Tinkerbell saved?
7. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
8. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
9. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
10. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ongoing conflict in this story regarding gender.
Essay Topic 2
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene in which Peter Pan and Wendy exchange the thimble for the button. What is the significance of Peter Pan's lack of knowledge regarding a kiss?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)