|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
2. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
3. What assurance does Peter Pan ask of Wendy that disappoints Wendy?
4. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
5. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
2. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
3. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
4. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
5. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
6. How is Tinkerbell saved?
7. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
8. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
9. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
10. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the medicine that prompts the argument in the nursery? Compare that to the second time medicine becomes important in the story. What is the significance of the fact that Peter Pan takes time to take the medicine Wendy left for him?
Essay Topic 3
Why is there constant fighting among the pirates, Indians and Lost Boys? Could some of the fighting simply be tradition?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)