|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
2. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
3. When Peter Pan returns to the boys' home, what does he tell Wendy he caught?
4. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
5. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
2. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
3. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
4. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
5. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
6. How is Tinkerbell saved?
7. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
8. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
9. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
10. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Peter Pan's shadow? What happens when he finds it? How and why is the situation resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Wendy's role in the lives of John and Michael Darling. Compare that to the role she takes in the lives of the Lost Boys. What is the message about motherhood in Peter Pan?
Essay Topic 3
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)