|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Wendy assign Peter Pan in this family situation she has created?
2. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
3. What sign does Peter say the Indians will use to note they have won the battle with the pirates?
4. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
5. How are Wendy, John and Michael to return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
2. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
3. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
4. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
5. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
6. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
7. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
8. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
9. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
10. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the on-going fighting between pirates and Indians to that of ethnic groups.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Captain Hook's greatest fear and why that fear has consumed him. Contrast his attitudes with those of a typical villain.
Essay Topic 3
Why is there constant fighting among the pirates, Indians and Lost Boys? Could some of the fighting simply be tradition?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)