|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Lost Boys pick up after they're freed?
2. Why is there someone willing to watch over the boys' home following the run in between Peter Pan and Captain Hook?
3. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
4. What role does Wendy assign Peter Pan in this family situation she has created?
5. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
2. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
3. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
4. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
5. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
6. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
7. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
8. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
9. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
10. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stage directions used in this play. What is their main purpose? Give three examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Peter Pan's shadow? What happens when he finds it? How and why is the situation resolved?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Mrs. Darling a stereotypical mother? In what ways is she not? How much of an impact has she had on Wendy? Is this a positive impact or a negative?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)