|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
2. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
3. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
4. How are Wendy, John and Michael to return home?
5. What last instruction does Wendy offer the boys as they face the pirates?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of having a sheepdog play the role of nursemaid to the children? What is the attitude of Mrs. Darling toward Nana? Contrast that to the attitude of Mr. Darling. Would Mr. Darling's attitude have been different if Nana were human? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Peter Pan say fairies are born and die? How is Tinkerbell's life put in danger? What is the result of that situation? Why does the audience become involved in the story?
Essay Topic 3
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)