|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
2. What objection do some of the boys have to becoming pirates?
3. What does Peter Pan do with the eggs he removes from a bird's nest?
4. How are Wendy, John and Michael to return home?
5. What task does Wendy assign the boys following their meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
2. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
3. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
4. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
5. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
6. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
7. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
8. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
9. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
10. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest difference between Peter Pan and Wendy? Will this ever change? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is Marooner's Rock? What happens to Peter Pan and Wendy there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Neverland and its inhabitants.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)