|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
2. What action does Captain Hook eventually take with regard to sending pirates into his cabin?
3. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
4. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
5. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
2. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
3. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
4. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
5. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
6. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
7. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
8. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
9. How is Tinkerbell saved?
10. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Peter Pan say fairies are born and die? How is Tinkerbell's life put in danger? What is the result of that situation? Why does the audience become involved in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Neverland and its inhabitants.
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest difference between Peter Pan and Wendy? Will this ever change? Why or why not?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)