|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter Pan say he lives?
2. What fate is expected for the boy who shot Wendy?
3. What prompts the argument between Mr. Darling and the children?
4. Though the Lost Boys argue over their bravery, what is their reaction when the pirates arrive?
5. What does Wendy offer to do with Peter Pan's shadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
2. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
3. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
4. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
5. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
6. Describe at least three things that make it evident that this story is a fairy tale.
7. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
8. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
9. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
10. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Mrs. Darling a stereotypical mother? In what ways is she not? How much of an impact has she had on Wendy? Is this a positive impact or a negative?
Essay Topic 2
How does Peter Pan say Wendy, John and Michael can go with him to Neverland? What directions does he give? Compare that to the arrangements he makes for returning them to the nursery. Why is there a difference?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the on-going fighting between pirates and Indians to that of ethnic groups.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)