|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Darling think Peter Pan continues to return to the Darling house?
2. Who arrives to break up the boys' conversation?
3. What kind of area in Neverland is the home of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys?
4. Why is Captain Hook being pursued by a crocodile?
5. What does Mr. Darling make Nana do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
2. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
3. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
4. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
5. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
6. What is Wendy's reaction when the Lost Boys beg her to be their mother?
7. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
8. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
9. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
10. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Neverland and its inhabitants.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Wendy's commitment to "play house" with the Lost Boys to Peter Pan's commitment. What separates the two? What is Wendy's reaction to her understanding of Peter Pan's level of commitment? Compare that to Peter Pan's reaction to the situation.
Essay Topic 3
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)