|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Darling go?
2. What are the Lost Boys talking about when they come out of hiding after the pirates have gone?
3. What wakes Wendy?
4. What do the boys decide they must do to protect Wendy?
5. Why does Captain Hook want to catch the Lost Boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wendy get shot?
2. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
3. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
4. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
5. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
6. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
7. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
8. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
9. What is Wendy's reaction when the Lost Boys beg her to be their mother?
10. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene in which Peter Pan and Wendy exchange the thimble for the button. What is the significance of Peter Pan's lack of knowledge regarding a kiss?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ongoing conflict in this story regarding gender.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)