|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Lost Boys talking about when they come out of hiding after the pirates have gone?
2. What does Mrs. Darling think she sees at the window?
3. What wakes Wendy?
4. What does Peter Pan tell Tinkerbell upon learning her role in Wendy's shooting?
5. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
2. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
3. Describe at least three things that make it evident that this story is a fairy tale.
4. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
5. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
6. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
7. What does Nana do after she is tied outside for awhile? How do the children react?
8. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
9. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
10. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of having a sheepdog play the role of nursemaid to the children? What is the attitude of Mrs. Darling toward Nana? Contrast that to the attitude of Mr. Darling. Would Mr. Darling's attitude have been different if Nana were human? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Neverland and its inhabitants.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the on-going fighting between pirates and Indians to that of ethnic groups.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)