|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Darling make Nana do?
2. What brought the Indians to the scene?
3. What does Smee say will some day happen to that warning?
4. How does Peter Pan say boys arrive in Neverland?
5. What is Peter Pan searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
2. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
3. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
4. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
5. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
6. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
7. Why does Wendy get shot?
8. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
9. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
10. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest difference between Peter Pan and Wendy? Will this ever change? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of having a sheepdog play the role of nursemaid to the children? What is the attitude of Mrs. Darling toward Nana? Contrast that to the attitude of Mr. Darling. Would Mr. Darling's attitude have been different if Nana were human? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the medicine that prompts the argument in the nursery? Compare that to the second time medicine becomes important in the story. What is the significance of the fact that Peter Pan takes time to take the medicine Wendy left for him?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)