|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
2. What happens to Wendy as she comes within sight of the Lost Boys?
3. What kind of area in Neverland is the home of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys?
4. What does Mrs. Darling do before she leaves for the evening?
5. How do John and Michael react when Wendy wakes them with the news that they are flying to Neverland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
2. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
3. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
4. What is Wendy's reaction when the Lost Boys beg her to be their mother?
5. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
6. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
7. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
8. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
9. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
10. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Wendy's role in the lives of John and Michael Darling. Compare that to the role she takes in the lives of the Lost Boys. What is the message about motherhood in Peter Pan?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Peter Pan go to Neverland? Why does he want to remain there? What does this say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)