|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say is his favorite story?
2. Why does Peter Pan tell Wendy he kept returning to the nursery window of the Darling children?
3. When Wendy wants to hug him, what does Peter Pan do?
4. What do the Indians plan to do if they catch the pirates?
5. What does Peter Pan give her in return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John's reaction when Peter Pan and the Lost Boys are building a house around Wendy? What prompts this reaction? How does it compare to Peter Pan's attitude?
2. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
3. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
4. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
5. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
6. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
7. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
8. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
9. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
10. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest difference between Peter Pan and Wendy? Will this ever change? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Peter Pan go to Neverland? Why does he want to remain there? What does this say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ongoing conflict in this story regarding gender.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)