|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he find it?
2. What does Mr. Darling promise to do with his medicine
3. What did Captain Hook sit on while talking with Smee?
4. What did Captain Hook believe he was sitting on?
5. What is Mr. Darling trying to do as he comes into the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
2. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
3. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
4. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
5. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
6. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
7. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
8. What is John's reaction when Peter Pan and the Lost Boys are building a house around Wendy? What prompts this reaction? How does it compare to Peter Pan's attitude?
9. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
10. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Wendy's role in the lives of John and Michael Darling. Compare that to the role she takes in the lives of the Lost Boys. What is the message about motherhood in Peter Pan?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of having a sheepdog play the role of nursemaid to the children? What is the attitude of Mrs. Darling toward Nana? Contrast that to the attitude of Mr. Darling. Would Mr. Darling's attitude have been different if Nana were human? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)