|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Hook always know the crocodile is approaching?
2. What does Wendy give Peter instead of a kiss?
3. What problem does Peter Pan encounter when he finds his shadow?
4. What does Wendy say about Nana's barking?
5. What happens to Mr. Darling's pants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
2. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
3. What is John's reaction when Peter Pan and the Lost Boys are building a house around Wendy? What prompts this reaction? How does it compare to Peter Pan's attitude?
4. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
5. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
6. Describe Mr. Darling.
7. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
8. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
9. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
10. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
Essay Topic 1
What has prompted Mrs. Darling's fear for the safety of the children? Why does she believe Peter Pan is going to return? What is the attitude of Mr. Darling regarding her fears?
Essay Topic 2
What is Marooner's Rock? What happens to Peter Pan and Wendy there?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Peter Pan go to Neverland? Why does he want to remain there? What does this say about his character?
This section contains 1,753 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)