|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wendy wants to hug him, what does Peter Pan do?
2. What causes Peter Pan to relent from Tinkerbell's punishment for trying to have Wendy shot?
3. Who is the leader of the pirates?
4. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
5. Who is Nana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
2. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
3. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
4. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
5. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
6. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
7. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
8. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
9. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
10. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of having a sheepdog play the role of nursemaid to the children? What is the attitude of Mrs. Darling toward Nana? Contrast that to the attitude of Mr. Darling. Would Mr. Darling's attitude have been different if Nana were human? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the medicine that prompts the argument in the nursery? Compare that to the second time medicine becomes important in the story. What is the significance of the fact that Peter Pan takes time to take the medicine Wendy left for him?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Mrs. Darling a stereotypical mother? In what ways is she not? How much of an impact has she had on Wendy? Is this a positive impact or a negative?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)