|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Lost Boys see at the same time they spot Wendy?
2. Who is the leader of the pirates?
3. What do the boys decide they must do to protect Wendy?
4. Why does Peter Pan tell Wendy he kept returning to the nursery window of the Darling children?
5. What does Wendy do with his gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
2. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
3. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
4. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
5. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
6. What is Wendy's reaction when the Lost Boys beg her to be their mother?
7. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
8. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
9. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
10. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest difference between Peter Pan and Wendy? Will this ever change? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene in which Peter Pan and Wendy exchange the thimble for the button. What is the significance of Peter Pan's lack of knowledge regarding a kiss?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)