|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Peter Pan encounter when he finds his shadow?
2. What does Mrs. Darling have in a dresser drawer?
3. When Wendy wants to hug him, what does Peter Pan do?
4. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
5. What is the first thing Mrs. Darling does when she sees the face at the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
2. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
3. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
4. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
5. Why does Wendy get shot?
6. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
7. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
8. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
9. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
10. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Peter Pan say Wendy, John and Michael can go with him to Neverland? What directions does he give? Compare that to the arrangements he makes for returning them to the nursery. Why is there a difference?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest difference between Peter Pan and Wendy? Will this ever change? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ongoing conflict in this story regarding gender.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)