|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Darling make Nana do?
2. What is it that chases the pirates away from the home of the Lost Boys?
3. What does Wendy do with his gift?
4. What reaction does Peter Pan expect from the Lost Boys?
5. When does Peter Pan say a fairy dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
2. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
3. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
4. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
5. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
6. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
7. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
8. What is John's reaction when Peter Pan and the Lost Boys are building a house around Wendy? What prompts this reaction? How does it compare to Peter Pan's attitude?
9. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
10. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Peter Pan's shadow? What happens when he finds it? How and why is the situation resolved?
Essay Topic 2
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of having a sheepdog play the role of nursemaid to the children? What is the attitude of Mrs. Darling toward Nana? Contrast that to the attitude of Mr. Darling. Would Mr. Darling's attitude have been different if Nana were human? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)