|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter Pan searching for?
2. While Peter Pan is gone, the Lost Boys are arguing about their mothers. What is the basis of this argument?
3. What happens to Wendy as she comes within sight of the Lost Boys?
4. What did Captain Hook sit on while talking with Smee?
5. What wakes Wendy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
2. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
3. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
4. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
5. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
6. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
7. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
8. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
9. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
10. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Peter Pan say fairies are born and die? How is Tinkerbell's life put in danger? What is the result of that situation? Why does the audience become involved in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Captain Hook's greatest fear and why that fear has consumed him. Contrast his attitudes with those of a typical villain.
Essay Topic 3
What is Tinkerbell's relationship to Peter Pan? Is Tinkerbell's level of devotion greater or lesser than Peter Pan's level of devotion to her? Give examples to support this claim.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)