|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do John and Michael react when Wendy wakes them with the news that they are flying to Neverland?
2. Where is the home of the Lost Boys located?
3. What brought the Indians to the scene?
4. What does he do with his medicine?
5. What does Peter Pan forget to do so that the three Darling children can fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
2. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
3. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
4. Why does Wendy get shot?
5. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
6. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
7. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
8. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
9. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
10. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stage directions used in this play. What is their main purpose? Give three examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Wendy's role in the lives of John and Michael Darling. Compare that to the role she takes in the lives of the Lost Boys. What is the message about motherhood in Peter Pan?
Essay Topic 3
How does Peter Pan say fairies are born and die? How is Tinkerbell's life put in danger? What is the result of that situation? Why does the audience become involved in the story?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)