Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Peter Pan encounter when he finds his shadow?
2. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
3. Who tells John it is bath time?
4. What instruction does Tinkerbell yell out to the boys?
5. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
2. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
3. How does Wendy break the news of their return to her mother? Why does she insist on this?
4. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
5. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
6. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
7. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
8. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
9. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
10. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stage directions used in this play. What is their main purpose? Give three examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the medicine that prompts the argument in the nursery? Compare that to the second time medicine becomes important in the story. What is the significance of the fact that Peter Pan takes time to take the medicine Wendy left for him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ongoing conflict in this story regarding gender.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)