|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Pan forget to do so that the three Darling children can fly?
2. What does Mrs. Darling have in a dresser drawer?
3. What does Peter Pan give her in return?
4. How are they going to travel to Neverland?
5. What does Wendy say about Nana's barking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least three things that make it evident that this story is a fairy tale.
2. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
3. Why does Wendy get shot?
4. How is Tinkerbell saved?
5. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
6. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
7. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
8. What does Peter Pan do when he cannot re-attach his shadow? Why is this out of keeping with the character he seeks to present? Why is it in keeping with the character he really is?
9. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
10. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the medicine that prompts the argument in the nursery? Compare that to the second time medicine becomes important in the story. What is the significance of the fact that Peter Pan takes time to take the medicine Wendy left for him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ongoing conflict in this story regarding gender.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Neverland and its inhabitants.
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)