|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts the argument between Mr. Darling and the children?
(b) Mr. Darling's tie
(c) Mr. Darling's dirtied pants
2. Who flies first into the Darling children's window?
(a) Peter Pan
3. What does Wendy do with his gift?
(a) Puts it under her pillow
(b) Gives it to John
(c) Puts it in a drawer
(d) Puts it on a chain around her neck
4. What do the boys do when they hear Tinkerbell's instructions regarding Wendy?
(a) They run and hide.
(b) They wave for her to come down.
(c) They shoot her.
(d) They call for Peter Pan.
5. When does Peter Pan say a fairy dies?
(a) When a bell rings
(b) When a child cries
(c) When a child is born
(d) When a child says he does not believe in fairies
Short Answer Questions
1. What instruction does Tinkerbell yell out to the boys?
2. What is the point of the stage direction?
3. What does Mr. Darling say about his medicine as compared to that of the children?
4. What does Wendy say about Nana's barking?
5. What do the boys decide they must do to protect Wendy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
2. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
3. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
4. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
5. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
6. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
7. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
8. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
9. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
10. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)