|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Captain Hook stop one of the pirates from shooting one of the boys?
(a) He says that Tiger Lily and the redskins will attack
(b) He says Peter Pan will attack him
(c) He says they will scare the other boys away
(d) He says they cannot kill a child
2. What fate is expected for the boy who shot Wendy?
(a) He will be shot.
(b) He is to leave the island in fear of Peter Pan's retaliation.
(c) He has to go live with the pirates.
(d) He has to clean the hideout for a week.
3. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
(a) That she is not going to remain long enough to need a house
(b) That she is only a girl
(c) That she should have a large house
(d) That he should also have a house
4. Peter Pan prepares to leave, what does Wendy offer to do?
(a) Find Tinkerbell
(b) Sew his shadow to his feet
(c) Give him a hug
(d) Go with him to tell stories to the Lost Boys
5. After Mrs. Darling finds no one at the window, what does she do next?
(b) Checks on the children
(c) Calls Mr. Darling
(d) Calls the police
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the boys get their first glimpse of Wendy?
2. What prompts the argument between Mr. Darling and the children?
3. What about Captain Hook makes his name appropriate?
4. When does Peter Pan say a fairy dies?
5. What does Smee say will some day happen to that warning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
2. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
3. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
4. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
5. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
6. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
7. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
8. What does Peter Pan do when he cannot re-attach his shadow? Why is this out of keeping with the character he seeks to present? Why is it in keeping with the character he really is?
9. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
10. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)