|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of the stage direction?
(a) Only to provide information for the reader
(b) They serve no purpose
(c) Only to direct actors
(d) To direct actors and provide information for the reader
2. How does Peter Pan say boys arrive in Neverland?
(a) They wanted to never grow up.
(b) They followed the fairies there.
(c) They fell out of their carriages and were sent there.
(d) They flew away with Peter Pan.
3. What saved Wendy from the arrow?
(a) Tinkerbell intervened
(b) Peter Pan caught the arrow
(c) The shot missed
(d) The button Peter Pan gave her
4. What do the Lost Boys reveal about the reason they shot Wendy?
(a) That they wanted to eat a Wendy bird for dinner
(b) That Tinkerbell told them to
(c) That they thought she was an enemy
(d) That they did not shoot the arrow
5. Why does Peter Pan tell Wendy he kept returning to the nursery window of the Darling children?
(a) To find Tinkerbell
(b) To watch Mrs. Darling care for the Darling children
(c) To hear the stories
(d) To find his shadow
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the home of the Lost Boys located?
2. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
3. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
4. What wakes Wendy?
5. Who arrives to break up the boys' conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
2. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
3. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
4. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
5. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
6. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
7. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
8. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
9. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
10. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)