|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter Pan prepares to leave, what does Wendy offer to do?
(a) Go with him to tell stories to the Lost Boys
(b) Sew his shadow to his feet
(c) Find Tinkerbell
(d) Give him a hug
2. As the story opens, what is Michael objecting to?
(a) Taking his medicine
(b) Having a bath
(d) Playing house with Wendy
3. What does he do with his medicine?
(a) Takes it
(b) Pours it out
(c) Pours it in Nana's bowl
(d) Gives it to the children
4. Why does Peter Pan say he ran away from home?
(a) To avoid baths
(b) Because he was being forced to do chores
(c) To fight Captain Hook
(d) Because his parents asked what kind of man he would be
5. Who is Captain Hook's first mate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Mrs. Darling does when she sees the face at the window?
2. What causes Peter Pan to relent from Tinkerbell's punishment for trying to have Wendy shot?
3. What did Captain Hook believe he was sitting on?
4. What do the boys decide they must do to protect Wendy?
5. What is the point of the stage direction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
2. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
3. What step does Peter Pan take initially to keep Wendy from returning home? Why does he relent?
4. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
5. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
6. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
7. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
8. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
9. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
10. How is Tinkerbell saved?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)