|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Darling want Nana to stay with the children?
(a) For protection
(b) To give them baths
(c) So the children will not be afraid
(d) To give them medicine
2. How do John and Michael react when Wendy wakes them with the news that they are flying to Neverland?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They ask where Neverland is.
(c) They are afraid.
(d) They do not want to go
3. Why does Peter Pan tell Wendy he kept returning to the nursery window of the Darling children?
(a) To find Tinkerbell
(b) To find his shadow
(c) To hear the stories
(d) To watch Mrs. Darling care for the Darling children
4. What does Mr. Darling make Nana do?
(a) Go outside
(b) Stop barking
(c) Take the medicine
(d) Have a bath
5. What does Peter Pan ask Wendy for?
(a) Another thimble
(b) A book to read to the Lost Boys
(c) A dose of medicine
(d) The ending of the story
Short Answer Questions
1. What saved Wendy from the arrow?
2. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Darling go?
3. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
4. Who is Nana?
5. What about Captain Hook makes his name appropriate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
2. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
3. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
4. What does Nana do after she is tied outside for awhile? How do the children react?
5. What is Wendy's reaction when the Lost Boys beg her to be their mother?
6. What is John's reaction when Peter Pan and the Lost Boys are building a house around Wendy? What prompts this reaction? How does it compare to Peter Pan's attitude?
7. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
8. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
9. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
10. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)