|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Indians plan to do if they catch the pirates?
(a) They do not have a plan.
(b) They plan to turn them over to Peter Pan.
(c) They plan to scalp them.
(d) They plan to feed Captain Hook to the crocodile.
2. Why does Captain Hook want to catch the Lost Boys?
(a) To scalp them
(b) To send them out of Neverland
(c) To make them row his ship
(d) To gain control over Peter Pan
3. What is the first thing Mrs. Darling does when she sees the face at the window?
(a) Rushes out to look
(b) Calls the police
(d) Calls Mr. Darling
4. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
(a) She stands up to go home.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She reaches out her hand to him.
(d) She tells him a story.
5. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
(a) That she is only a girl
(b) That he should also have a house
(c) That she is not going to remain long enough to need a house
(d) That she should have a large house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Darling do before she leaves for the evening?
2. What does Smee say will some day happen to that warning?
3. Who tells John it is bath time?
4. What brought the Indians to the scene?
5. Why does Peter Pan say he ran away from home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
2. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
3. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
4. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
5. What does Peter Pan do when he cannot re-attach his shadow? Why is this out of keeping with the character he seeks to present? Why is it in keeping with the character he really is?
6. What does Nana do after she is tied outside for awhile? How do the children react?
7. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
8. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
9. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
10. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)