|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Hook always know the crocodile is approaching?
(a) The crocodile's stomach growling
(b) The ticking of a clock swallowed by the crocodile
(c) The crocodile's smell
(d) The other pirates warn him
2. What saved Wendy from the arrow?
(a) The button Peter Pan gave her
(b) Tinkerbell intervened
(c) Peter Pan caught the arrow
(d) The shot missed
3. What happens when the boys get their first glimpse of Wendy?
(a) They believe she is a fairy.
(b) They believe she is a pirate returning.
(c) They think she is their mother.
(d) They mistake her for a bird.
4. When Wendy wants to hug him, what does Peter Pan do?
(a) Hugs her back
(b) Goes to find Tinkerbell
(c) Says he must never be touched
(d) Runs to wake John
5. How does Peter Pan say boys arrive in Neverland?
(a) They wanted to never grow up.
(b) They fell out of their carriages and were sent there.
(c) They followed the fairies there.
(d) They flew away with Peter Pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he find it?
2. What does Wendy offer to do with Peter Pan's shadow?
3. What happens to Mr. Darling's pants?
4. What does Hook confess to be his greatest fear?
5. Who is Captain Hook's first mate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
2. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
3. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
4. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
5. What does Peter Pan do when he cannot re-attach his shadow? Why is this out of keeping with the character he seeks to present? Why is it in keeping with the character he really is?
6. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
7. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
8. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
9. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
10. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)