|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Darling think Peter Pan continues to return to the Darling house?
(a) To retrieve his shadow
(b) To listen to Wendy's stories
(c) To lure the children away
(d) To play with Nana
2. What did Captain Hook sit on while talking with Smee?
(a) A rock
(b) The crocodile
(c) The chimney to the boys' home
(d) A mushroom
3. Why does Peter Pan tell Wendy he kept returning to the nursery window of the Darling children?
(a) To find Tinkerbell
(b) To find his shadow
(c) To hear the stories
(d) To watch Mrs. Darling care for the Darling children
4. Why does Mrs. Darling want Nana to stay with the children?
(a) For protection
(b) So the children will not be afraid
(c) To give them medicine
(d) To give them baths
5. What problem does Peter Pan encounter when he finds his shadow?
(a) He cannot get out the window.
(b) He then loses Tinkerbell.
(c) It will not attach to his feet.
(d) He wakes John and Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Peter Pan say a fairy dies?
2. What do the boys decide they must do to protect Wendy?
3. Peter Pan prepares to leave, what does Wendy offer to do?
4. What does Wendy learn from her first conversation with Peter Pan?
5. What happens to Mr. Darling's pants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
2. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
3. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
4. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
5. Describe three interesting characters introduced in this act and tell why they capture your interest.
6. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
7. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
8. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
9. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
10. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)