|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Darling think she sees at the window?
(a) A reflection
(b) A bug
(c) A small face
(d) Mr. Darling
2. What fate is expected for the boy who shot Wendy?
(a) He has to clean the hideout for a week.
(b) He will be shot.
(c) He is to leave the island in fear of Peter Pan's retaliation.
(d) He has to go live with the pirates.
3. Why does Mrs. Darling want Nana to stay with the children?
(a) To give them baths
(b) To give them medicine
(c) So the children will not be afraid
(d) For protection
4. What did Captain Hook believe he was sitting on?
(a) A rock
(b) A chimney
(c) A crocodile
(d) A giant mushroom
5. What does Mrs. Darling have in a dresser drawer?
(b) A letter
(c) Peter Pan's shadow
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter Pan say he ran away from home?
2. Which of the Lost Boys does Captain Hook most want to capture?
3. Who, besides Peter Pan, wants to know what happened in the story of Cinderella?
4. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
5. What does Wendy give Peter instead of a kiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
2. Why does Mrs. Darling believe Peter Pan continues to return to the nursery window? Why does she believe this?
3. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
4. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
5. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
6. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
7. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
8. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
9. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
10. What does Peter Pan do when he cannot re-attach his shadow? Why is this out of keeping with the character he seeks to present? Why is it in keeping with the character he really is?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)