|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears right after the pirates leave?
(a) Peter Pan
(c) Tiger Lily and the braves
(d) John and Michael
2. What does Wendy learn from her first conversation with Peter Pan?
(a) He cannot find Tinkerbell.
(b) He lives in Neverland.
(c) He does not have a mother.
(d) He is afraid of Nana.
3. What does Peter Pan tell Tinkerbell upon learning her role in Wendy's shooting?
(a) That she must leave Neverland
(b) That she must remain in a cage
(c) That he never wants to see her again
(d) That she has to take care of Wendy
4. What happens when the boys get their first glimpse of Wendy?
(a) They believe she is a pirate returning.
(b) They believe she is a fairy.
(c) They think she is their mother.
(d) They mistake her for a bird.
5. What prompts the argument between Mr. Darling and the children?
(a) Mr. Darling's dirtied pants
(d) Mr. Darling's tie
Short Answer Questions
1. As the story opens, what is Michael objecting to?
2. How does Peter Pan say boys arrive in Neverland?
3. What fate is expected for the boy who shot Wendy?
4. Who tells John it is bath time?
5. Why is Captain Hook so anxious to catch Peter Pan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
2. What is Tinkerbell's immediate reaction to Wendy? Why does Tinkerbell feel this way? What does she do to keep Peter Pan and Wendy apart?
3. How is Tinkerbell saved?
4. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
5. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
6. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
7. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
8. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
9. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
10. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)