|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Mrs. Darling does when she sees the face at the window?
(b) Calls the police
(c) Rushes out to look
(d) Calls Mr. Darling
2. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
(a) She reaches out her hand to him.
(b) She tells him a story.
(c) She stands up to go home.
(d) She begins to cry.
3. What did Captain Hook believe he was sitting on?
(a) A giant mushroom
(b) A chimney
(c) A crocodile
(d) A rock
4. How do John and Michael react when Wendy wakes them with the news that they are flying to Neverland?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They do not want to go
(c) They are afraid.
(d) They ask where Neverland is.
5. What is Mr. Darling trying to do as he comes into the room?
(a) Tie his tie
(b) Decide what to have to eat
(c) Find the face at the window
(d) Find John
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Peter Pan say a fairy dies?
2. What does Mrs. Darling do before she leaves for the evening?
3. What does Peter Pan tell Tinkerbell upon learning her role in Wendy's shooting?
4. What is Peter Pan about to do when he discovers that Wendy was shot?
5. What problem does Peter Pan encounter when he finds his shadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the pirates, the Indians and the Lost Boys.
2. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
3. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
4. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
5. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
6. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
7. What is it that prompts Mr. Darling to force Nana outside?
8. What does Nana do after she is tied outside for awhile? How do the children react?
9. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
10. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)