|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the pirates?
(a) Tiger Lily
(b) Captain Hook
(d) They have no leader
2. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
(a) That she should have a large house
(b) That she is not going to remain long enough to need a house
(c) That she is only a girl
(d) That he should also have a house
3. How does Peter Pan say boys arrive in Neverland?
(a) They flew away with Peter Pan.
(b) They followed the fairies there.
(c) They fell out of their carriages and were sent there.
(d) They wanted to never grow up.
4. What happens to Mr. Darling's pants?
(a) They are wrinkled.
(b) They have mud on them.
(c) There are paw prints on them.
(d) There are hairs on them.
5. What instruction does Tinkerbell yell out to the boys?
(a) To call for Peter Pan
(b) To shoot the flying Wendy
(c) To get out of the way
(d) To hide
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Darling exaggerates the problem with his tie. What does he say the eventual result will be if he does not get it properly tied?
2. As the story opens, what is Michael objecting to?
3. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
4. What wakes Wendy?
5. Who flies first into the Darling children's window?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
2. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
3. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
4. What is Wendy's reaction when the Lost Boys beg her to be their mother?
5. Describe at least three things that make it evident that this story is a fairy tale.
6. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
7. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
8. What does Mr. Darling say will happen if he cannot get his tie properly tied? What does this say about his personality?
9. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
10. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)