|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells John it is bath time?
(a) Mrs. Darling
(c) Peter Pan
2. Why does Mrs. Darling want Nana to stay with the children?
(a) To give them baths
(b) So the children will not be afraid
(c) For protection
(d) To give them medicine
3. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
(a) That she is not going to remain long enough to need a house
(b) That he should also have a house
(c) That she is only a girl
(d) That she should have a large house
4. What promise does Peter Pan make to Wendy to encourage her to get well quickly?
(a) To see the Indians
(b) To tell her a story
(c) To see the pirates
(d) To see the mermaids
5. What instruction does Tinkerbell yell out to the boys?
(a) To call for Peter Pan
(b) To get out of the way
(c) To hide
(d) To shoot the flying Wendy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter Pan tell Wendy he kept returning to the nursery window of the Darling children?
2. After Mrs. Darling finds no one at the window, what does she do next?
3. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
4. What does Hook confess to be his greatest fear?
5. What is Peter Pan searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
2. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
3. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
4. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
5. What happened to Captain Hook's hand? What long-term problem has that created for the Captain?
6. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
7. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
8. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
9. What is John's reaction when Peter Pan and the Lost Boys are building a house around Wendy? What prompts this reaction? How does it compare to Peter Pan's attitude?
10. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)