Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Peter Pan encounter when he finds his shadow?
(a) He wakes John and Michael.
(b) It will not attach to his feet.
(c) He cannot get out the window.
(d) He then loses Tinkerbell.
2. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
(a) She reaches out her hand to him.
(b) She stands up to go home.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She tells him a story.
3. Who tells John it is bath time?
(b) Peter Pan
(c) Mrs. Darling
4. What instruction does Tinkerbell yell out to the boys?
(a) To get out of the way
(b) To shoot the flying Wendy
(c) To call for Peter Pan
(d) To hide
5. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
(a) That she is only a girl
(b) That he should also have a house
(c) That she should have a large house
(d) That she is not going to remain long enough to need a house
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Darling think Peter Pan continues to return to the Darling house?
2. How does he find it?
3. What does Wendy give Peter instead of a kiss?
4. What are the Lost Boys talking about when they come out of hiding after the pirates have gone?
5. What do the Lost Boys soon realize about Wendy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Hook want to capture Peter Pan? Why does he want to capture the Lost Boys?
2. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
3. How does Wendy break the news of their return to her mother? Why does she insist on this?
4. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
5. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
6. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
7. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
8. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
9. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
10. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)