|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter Pan prepares to leave, what does Wendy offer to do?
(a) Find Tinkerbell
(b) Give him a hug
(c) Sew his shadow to his feet
(d) Go with him to tell stories to the Lost Boys
2. What does Peter Pan give her in return?
(a) A button
(b) A thimble
(c) A story book
(d) His shadow
3. What does Wendy offer to do with Peter Pan's shadow?
(a) Find it for him
(b) Wash it
(c) Sew it to his feet
(d) Put it back in the drawer
4. Mr. Darling exaggerates the problem with his tie. What does he say the eventual result will be if he does not get it properly tied?
(a) He will look ridiculous.
(b) The family will starve.
(c) He will have to find another job.
(d) He will be angry at Mrs. Darling.
5. What does Smee say will some day happen to that warning?
(a) The pirates will fail to see the crocodile coming.
(b) The clock will wind down and fall silent.
(c) The crocodile will not smell.
(d) The crocodile will not be hungry so his stomach will not growl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
2. What is the first thing Mrs. Darling does when she sees the face at the window?
3. Where is the home of the Lost Boys located?
4. When does Peter Pan say a fairy dies?
5. What wakes Wendy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Peter Pan reveal about fairies?
2. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
3. What is it that saves Wendy from being killed by the arrow? What is significant about this?
4. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
5. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
6. What is Wendy's reaction when the Lost Boys beg her to be their mother?
7. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
8. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
9. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
10. Describe Tiger Lily and the Indian tribe she leads. Describe their first action in the play.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)