|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say is his favorite story?
(a) Snow White
(b) The Three Little Pigs
(c) The story about fairies
2. When does Peter Pan say a fairy dies?
(a) When a bell rings
(b) When a child is born
(c) When a child cries
(d) When a child says he does not believe in fairies
3. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
(a) She tells him a story.
(b) She reaches out her hand to him.
(c) She stands up to go home.
(d) She begins to cry.
4. Though the Lost Boys argue over their bravery, what is their reaction when the pirates arrive?
(a) They find bows and arrows and fight.
(b) They call for Peter Pan.
(c) They run and hide.
(d) They call for the Indians.
5. What is Mr. Darling trying to do as he comes into the room?
(a) Decide what to have to eat
(b) Find John
(c) Tie his tie
(d) Find the face at the window
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nana?
2. What do the Indians plan to do if they catch the pirates?
3. What reaction does Peter Pan expect from the Lost Boys?
4. What does Peter Pan forget to do so that the three Darling children can fly?
5. What does Peter Pan give her in return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attitude about girls does Peter Pan reveal? Why might this be the case? What does he give as an example?
2. What does Mrs. Darling have hidden away in a dresser drawer? Where did she get it? Why does it cause her worry?
3. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
4. Describe at least three things Mrs. Darling does in an effort to keep the children safe.
5. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
6. Describe at least three things that make it evident that this story is a fairy tale.
7. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
8. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
9. Why does Wendy get shot?
10. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)