|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Darling go?
(a) To work
(b) To bed
(c) To a neighbor's home
(d) To dinner
2. What is John's reaction to the fact that the boys are building Wendy a house?
(a) That she is only a girl
(b) That she should have a large house
(c) That he should also have a house
(d) That she is not going to remain long enough to need a house
3. After Mrs. Darling finds no one at the window, what does she do next?
(a) Calls the police
(b) Calls Mr. Darling
(c) Checks on the children
4. Who tells John it is bath time?
(a) Mrs. Darling
(c) Peter Pan
5. What does Mr. Darling make Nana do?
(a) Stop barking
(b) Have a bath
(c) Take the medicine
(d) Go outside
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Lost Boys reveal about the reason they shot Wendy?
2. When Wendy wants to hug him, what does Peter Pan do?
3. What are the Lost Boys talking about when they come out of hiding after the pirates have gone?
4. Who arrives to break up the boys' conversation?
5. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When it seems that Peter Pan is about to leave, what action does Wendy take? Does it have the desired effect?
2. What, besides Captain Hook's hand, has the crocodile swallowed? What does this have to do with Captain Hook's greatest fear?
3. What topics do the Lost Boys debate while awaiting the return of Peter Pan? Which do you feel is the most significant of the topics being discussed?
4. What do Wendy, Michael and John think of the planned trip to Neverland? Do you believe they are prepared for the reality or are they simply seeking the adventure?
5. Why do the boys mistake Wendy for a bird? Why does someone insist that they have heard of a "Wendy bird?"
6. Describe Nana's role in the children's bedtime rituals.
7. What does Peter Pan reveal about his reason for visiting Wendy so often? What does he say is his favorite story? What does this choice say about Peter Pan?
8. How do Captain Hook's appearance and mannerisms compare to his character?
9. Describe the argument between Mr. Darling and the boys regarding their nightly medicine.
10. What is Wendy's first order of business as "mother" to the Lost Boys? What does Peter do? How do their actions fit into their roles?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)