|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(b) It is where he comes to think.
(c) It is where mermaids always rest.
(d) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
2. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
(b) A pirate's hat
(c) Wendy's cloak
(d) None, he simply hides
3. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
(a) Jumps into the water
(b) Takes Smee captive
(c) Slips away
(d) Fights with Smee
4. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
(a) He beats on a drum.
(b) He pours water into their underground home.
(c) He calls to them.
(d) He simply waits for them to leave.
5. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) It turns to blue.
(b) It grows brighter.
(c) It grows dimmer.
(d) It turns to green.
6. What task does Wendy assign the boys following their meal?
(a) To clear the table
(b) To wash their hands
(c) To darn the socks
(d) To take a bath
7. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
(a) Girls on a ship are bad luck
(b) So that Peter Pan will leave
(c) To feed the crocodile so it will go away
(d) To make the Lost Boys cry
8. How does Tinkerbell save Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) She drinks it herself.
(b) She sprinkles fairy dust on it.
(c) She tells him of Hook's plan.
(d) She pours it out.
9. What does Peter Pan say about catching a mermaid?
(a) That it is very difficult
(b) That only Tinkerbell can catch one
(c) That it cannot be done
(d) That he will not actually catch one
10. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
(a) The Jumping Jiminy
(b) The Captain Hook
(c) The Jolly Roger
(d) The Marooner
11. What last instruction does Wendy offer the boys as they face the pirates?
(a) To fight
(b) To call out for Peter Pan
(c) To swim for shore
(d) To die like English gentlemen
12. Who does Wendy say tied up Nana as she tells the little boys a story?
(b) She cannot remember
(c) Peter Pan
(d) Mr. Darling
13. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
(a) They must make Wendy walk the plank.
(b) They must fight the Indians.
(c) They must fight Peter Pan.
(d) They must denounce the king.
14. What sound does Captain Hook hear that brings the executions to an abrupt halt?
(a) The war whoop of the Indians
(b) Peter Pan's cry
(c) Wendy's crying
(d) The ticking of the clock heralding the crocodile's approach
15. What happens before Wendy and the boys can leave Neverland?
(a) Peter Pan convinces them to stay.
(b) The boys change their minds .
(c) The pirates attack the Indians.
(d) John and Michael want another story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
2. As children react to Peter's call, what happens to Tinkerbell?
3. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
4. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
5. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)