|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the pirate sent to fetch this instrument for Captain Hook's punishment of the boy who said, "God save the King?"
(a) He cannot find the item.
(b) He is killed by Peter Pan.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He tells the Captain the punishment is too harsh.
2. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He packs to go along.
(b) He goes to bed
(c) He prepares to go hunting.
(d) He cries.
3. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She offers to be his mother as well.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She yells at him.
4. What does Captain Hook reveal about his plans for the children he is holding captive?
(a) That he never expected to capture them
(b) That he is going to make them be his slaves
(c) That they are to be executed
(d) That he is going to keep them only until he catches Peter Pan
5. What is Captain Hook upset about when he approaches Smee after the captive escapes?
(a) That the Lost Boys have found a mother
(b) That the crocodile is back
(c) That he was not able to catch a mermaid
(d) That he has not got a mother of his own
6. Where does Tinkerbell live?
(a) In a small box on a wall of the boys' home
(b) In a nest in a tree
(c) In a birdcage in the boys' home
(d) In Peter Pan's hat
7. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
(a) That she should not take the boys
(b) That he is her son
(c) That he will come visit to hear her stories
(d) That she is no longer his friend
8. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
(a) Use fairy dust and fly to Wendy's home
(b) Blow it up with a bomb
(c) Sail away from Neverland
(d) Use it to track Peter Pan for ever
9. How does Captain Hook attempt to poison Peter Pan?
(a) By putting poison on Peter's fork and plate
(b) By pouring poison into Peter's mouth
(c) By pouring poison on Peter's dagger
(d) By pouring poison into Peter's medicine
10. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
(a) The Captain Hook
(b) The Jumping Jiminy
(c) The Jolly Roger
(d) The Marooner
11. What does Peter Pan say about catching a mermaid?
(a) That only Tinkerbell can catch one
(b) That it is very difficult
(c) That he will not actually catch one
(d) That it cannot be done
12. What option does Hook offer two of the boys?
(a) To save themselves by becoming cabin boys
(b) To save themselves by turning over Peter Pan
(c) To save themselves by becoming Indians
(d) To be the first to walk the plank
13. How are Wendy, John and Michael to return home?
(a) The pirates will take them on their ship.
(b) Through the woods and across the sea
(c) They learn that there is no way to return.
(d) By flying as they did when they arrived in Neverland
14. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
(a) Wendy's cloak
(b) None, he simply hides
(c) A pirate's hat
15. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
(a) They must fight Peter Pan.
(b) They must denounce the king.
(c) They must make Wendy walk the plank.
(d) They must fight the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
2. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
3. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
4. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
5. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)