|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where he comes to think.
(b) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
(c) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(d) It is where mermaids always rest.
2. What option does Hook offer two of the boys?
(a) To save themselves by becoming cabin boys
(b) To be the first to walk the plank
(c) To save themselves by turning over Peter Pan
(d) To save themselves by becoming Indians
3. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
(a) He pours water into their underground home.
(b) He beats on a drum.
(c) He simply waits for them to leave.
(d) He calls to them.
4. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
(a) They must fight the Indians.
(b) They must fight Peter Pan.
(c) They must make Wendy walk the plank.
(d) They must denounce the king.
5. Where does Tinkerbell live?
(a) In a nest in a tree
(b) In Peter Pan's hat
(c) In a birdcage in the boys' home
(d) In a small box on a wall of the boys' home
6. What action does Captain Hook eventually take with regard to sending pirates into his cabin?
(a) He throws in a bomb.
(b) He goes inside himself.
(c) He sends in the Lost Boys.
(d) He bolts the door.
7. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
(a) Flying on the tail of a kite
(b) Sailing in a bird's nest
(d) Fighting a crocodile
8. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
(a) They will live in orphanages.
(b) Her parents will adopt them.
(c) They can return whenever they want.
(d) They will never again have to fight pirates.
9. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
(a) Eat dinner
(b) Sit in his chair
(c) Go out to fight pirates
10. What happens to the pirate sent to fetch this instrument for Captain Hook's punishment of the boy who said, "God save the King?"
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is killed by Peter Pan.
(c) He tells the Captain the punishment is too harsh.
(d) He cannot find the item.
11. What role does Wendy assign Peter Pan in this family situation she has created?
(a) Her protector
(b) The oldest son
(d) Her younger brother
12. What objection do some of the boys have to becoming pirates?
(a) They cannot leave Wendy.
(b) They do not object and say they are willing.
(c) They do not want to work.
(d) Their mother will not like it.
13. Who stands guard over the Lost Boys after Wendy's arrival on the tail of a kite?
(a) Tiger Lily and her braves
(b) The pirates
(d) John and Michael
14. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
(a) Asks Tinkerbell to describe the ship
(b) Calls for the Indians to help him
(c) Gathers bows and arrows
(d) Sharpens his dagger
15. Smee and a second pirate have someone with them as they approach the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had seen the mermaid. Who do they have?
(a) Tiger Lily
(b) Captain Hook
(c) Peter Pan
(d) Mrs. Darling
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Peter Pan make each time a pirate enters the captain's cabin?
2. What does Wendy leave for Peter Pan as she is preparing to return to her own home?
3. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
4. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
5. What instrument does Hook call for in order to punish the boys that say, "God save the King?"
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)