|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
(d) Combing her hair
2. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Send the Lost Boys away
(b) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
(c) Move in with the Lost Boys
(d) Kidnap Wendy
3. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
(a) Wendy tapping her foot
(b) Peter Pan imitating the clock
(c) The Indian's drum
(d) Smee's watch
4. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) It turns to blue.
(b) It turns to green.
(c) It grows dimmer.
(d) It grows brighter.
5. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
(a) To make the Lost Boys cry
(b) Girls on a ship are bad luck
(c) So that Peter Pan will leave
(d) To feed the crocodile so it will go away
6. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
(a) A bird
(b) A crocodile
7. What does Captain Hook reveal about his plans for the children he is holding captive?
(a) That they are to be executed
(b) That he never expected to capture them
(c) That he is going to make them be his slaves
(d) That he is going to keep them only until he catches Peter Pan
8. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
(a) The pirates die.
(b) The pirates refuse to go in, prompting Hook to kill them.
(c) The pirates return without finding the item.
(d) The pirate cries and runs away.
9. Why is there someone willing to watch over the boys' home following the run in between Peter Pan and Captain Hook?
(a) Because Captain Hook ordered Smee to be certain the boys did not leave
(b) Because Peter Pan assigned a watch
(c) Because Peter Pan rescued Tiger Lily from the pirates
(d) Because Peter Pan brought Wendy to Neverland
10. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
(a) A dinghy
(b) Fairy dust
(c) A large ship
(d) An Indian canoe
11. Who wakes Peter Pan to go to the rescue of Wendy and the boys?
(a) Tiger Lily
(b) No one
(d) Captain Hook
12. What sound does Peter Pan make each time a pirate enters the captain's cabin?
(a) A scream
(b) A laugh
(c) A crowing
(d) A war whoop
13. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
(a) She offers to be his mother as well.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She gasps.
14. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where mermaids always rest.
(b) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(c) It is where he comes to think.
(d) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
15. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
(a) They are captured by Captain Hook.
(b) They are chased by a crocodile.
(c) They find they are lonely for Peter Pan.
(d) They are captured by the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
2. What happens before Wendy and the boys can leave Neverland?
3. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
4. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
5. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)