|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Peter Pan to go to the rescue of Wendy and the boys?
(a) Tiger Lily
(b) Captain Hook
(d) No one
2. What does Peter Pan say about catching a mermaid?
(a) That he will not actually catch one
(b) That it is very difficult
(c) That only Tinkerbell can catch one
(d) That it cannot be done
3. What does Wendy leave for Peter Pan as she is preparing to return to her own home?
(a) A glass of water that she says are his milk and medicine
(b) Another thimble
(c) A hug
(d) The button he gave her
4. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
(a) Combing her hair
5. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
(a) The pirates die.
(b) The pirates return without finding the item.
(c) The pirate cries and runs away.
(d) The pirates refuse to go in, prompting Hook to kill them.
6. What instrument does Hook call for in order to punish the boys that say, "God save the King?"
(a) A whip
(b) A gun
(c) A plank
(d) An arrow
7. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
(a) They will live in orphanages.
(b) Her parents will adopt them.
(c) They can return whenever they want.
(d) They will never again have to fight pirates.
8. Where does Tinkerbell live?
(a) In a nest in a tree
(b) In a small box on a wall of the boys' home
(c) In a birdcage in the boys' home
(d) In Peter Pan's hat
9. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He goes to bed
(b) He prepares to go hunting.
(c) He cries.
(d) He packs to go along.
10. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
(a) He asks her to take the boys with her.
(b) He is happy and wants to go along.
(c) He tells her to wait before she decides.
(d) He is angry.
11. What action does Captain Hook eventually take with regard to sending pirates into his cabin?
(a) He sends in the Lost Boys.
(b) He throws in a bomb.
(c) He goes inside himself.
(d) He bolts the door.
12. What is Captain Hook upset about when he approaches Smee after the captive escapes?
(a) That he has not got a mother of his own
(b) That he was not able to catch a mermaid
(c) That the crocodile is back
(d) That the Lost Boys have found a mother
13. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
(a) He holds to a kite's tail.
(b) He flies.
(c) He swims.
(d) He sails to shore in a bird's nest.
14. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
(b) The Three Little Pigs
(c) The story of Mr. and Mrs. Darling and their children
(d) The story of Peter Pan in Neverland
15. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Peter Pan, sounding like Hook, orders him to do so.
(b) He cannot find the crocodile.
(c) It was the punishment Captain Hook ordered.
(d) He feels sorry for the captive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
2. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
3. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
4. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
5. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)