|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
(a) Her parents will adopt them.
(b) They will live in orphanages.
(c) They will never again have to fight pirates.
(d) They can return whenever they want.
2. What instrument does Hook call for in order to punish the boys that say, "God save the King?"
(a) An arrow
(b) A plank
(c) A gun
(d) A whip
3. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
(a) An Indian canoe
(b) A large ship
(c) Fairy dust
(d) A dinghy
4. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
(a) Takes Smee captive
(b) Jumps into the water
(c) Slips away
(d) Fights with Smee
5. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Move in with the Lost Boys
(b) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
(c) Send the Lost Boys away
(d) Kidnap Wendy
6. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
(a) Searching for Peter Pan
(b) Washing her hair
(c) Darning their socks
(d) Clearing the table
7. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
(a) He swims.
(b) He flies.
(c) He sails to shore in a bird's nest.
(d) He holds to a kite's tail.
8. What does Captain Hook reveal about his plans for the children he is holding captive?
(a) That he is going to keep them only until he catches Peter Pan
(b) That they are to be executed
(c) That he never expected to capture them
(d) That he is going to make them be his slaves
9. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
(a) To feed the crocodile so it will go away
(b) Girls on a ship are bad luck
(c) So that Peter Pan will leave
(d) To make the Lost Boys cry
10. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
(a) The Marooner
(b) The Captain Hook
(c) The Jumping Jiminy
(d) The Jolly Roger
11. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Peter Pan, sounding like Hook, orders him to do so.
(b) It was the punishment Captain Hook ordered.
(c) He cannot find the crocodile.
(d) He feels sorry for the captive.
12. What does Smee plan to do with his captive when he reaches the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Feed the captive to the crocodile
(b) Leave the captive on Marooner's Rock
(c) Give the captive to the mermaid
(d) Drown the captive
13. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
(a) None, he simply hides
(c) Wendy's cloak
(d) A pirate's hat
14. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
(a) The story of Peter Pan in Neverland
(c) The Three Little Pigs
(d) The story of Mr. and Mrs. Darling and their children
15. What does Peter Pan say about catching a mermaid?
(a) That it is very difficult
(b) That he will not actually catch one
(c) That only Tinkerbell can catch one
(d) That it cannot be done
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy leave for Peter Pan as she is preparing to return to her own home?
2. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
3. Who wakes Peter Pan to go to the rescue of Wendy and the boys?
4. Smee and a second pirate have someone with them as they approach the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had seen the mermaid. Who do they have?
5. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)