|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say he discovered upon returning to his own home after being in Neverland?
(a) That his brother wanted to come to Neverland
(b) That his parents had moved away
(c) That the windows were barred and another boy was in his bed
(d) He says he has never returned.
2. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
(a) He flies.
(b) He sails to shore in a bird's nest.
(c) He holds to a kite's tail.
(d) He swims.
3. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
(a) He is happy and wants to go along.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He tells her to wait before she decides.
(d) He asks her to take the boys with her.
4. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
(a) Ringing a bell
(b) Clapping their hands
(d) Throwing fairy dust
5. What plot does Captain Hook come up with to capture Peter Pan after having captured Wendy and the boys?
(a) To send the crocodile after him
(b) To wait for him to come to Wendy's rescue
(c) To leave him alone now that he has Wendy
(d) To poison him
6. What task does Wendy assign the boys following their meal?
(a) To clear the table
(b) To take a bath
(c) To wash their hands
(d) To darn the socks
7. Who does Wendy say tied up Nana as she tells the little boys a story?
(a) She cannot remember
(c) Mr. Darling
(d) Peter Pan
8. What weapons do the Lost Boys pick up after they're freed?
(a) Bows and arrows sent by the Indians
(b) Daggers provided by Peter Pan
(c) Anything they can find
9. What action does Captain Hook eventually take with regard to sending pirates into his cabin?
(a) He throws in a bomb.
(b) He goes inside himself.
(c) He sends in the Lost Boys.
(d) He bolts the door.
10. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Move in with the Lost Boys
(b) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
(c) Send the Lost Boys away
(d) Kidnap Wendy
11. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
(a) The pirates refuse to go in, prompting Hook to kill them.
(b) The pirates return without finding the item.
(c) The pirate cries and runs away.
(d) The pirates die.
12. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(b) It is where he comes to think.
(c) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
(d) It is where mermaids always rest.
13. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
(a) The story of Mr. and Mrs. Darling and their children
(b) The story of Peter Pan in Neverland
(c) The Three Little Pigs
14. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) He feels sorry for the captive.
(b) It was the punishment Captain Hook ordered.
(c) He cannot find the crocodile.
(d) Peter Pan, sounding like Hook, orders him to do so.
15. What does Captain Hook reveal about his plans for the children he is holding captive?
(a) That he never expected to capture them
(b) That they are to be executed
(c) That he is going to keep them only until he catches Peter Pan
(d) That he is going to make them be his slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
2. What objection do some of the boys have to becoming pirates?
3. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
4. As children react to Peter's call, what happens to Tinkerbell?
5. What assurance does Peter Pan ask of Wendy that disappoints Wendy?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)