|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say he discovered upon returning to his own home after being in Neverland?
(a) That his brother wanted to come to Neverland
(b) That the windows were barred and another boy was in his bed
(c) He says he has never returned.
(d) That his parents had moved away
2. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
(a) He asks her to take the boys with her.
(b) He is happy and wants to go along.
(c) He tells her to wait before she decides.
(d) He is angry.
3. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Send the Lost Boys away
(b) Kidnap Wendy
(c) Move in with the Lost Boys
(d) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
4. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
(b) The Three Little Pigs
(c) The story of Peter Pan in Neverland
(d) The story of Mr. and Mrs. Darling and their children
5. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where he comes to think.
(b) It is where mermaids always rest.
(c) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(d) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
6. What objection do some of the boys have to becoming pirates?
(a) They do not want to work.
(b) Their mother will not like it.
(c) They do not object and say they are willing.
(d) They cannot leave Wendy.
7. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
(a) A large ship
(b) Fairy dust
(c) An Indian canoe
(d) A dinghy
8. What does Peter Pan do with the eggs he removes from a bird's nest?
(a) Carries them to shore
(b) Places them in a pirate's hat
(c) Eats them
(d) Throws them at Captain Hook
9. What happens before Wendy and the boys can leave Neverland?
(a) The pirates attack the Indians.
(b) Peter Pan convinces them to stay.
(c) The boys change their minds .
(d) John and Michael want another story.
10. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He goes to bed
(b) He cries.
(c) He packs to go along.
(d) He prepares to go hunting.
11. Where are Wendy and the boys taken after the pirates capture them?
(a) To Marooner's Rock
(b) To a fishing hut
(c) To the Indian village
(d) To Captain Hook's ship
12. How does Captain Hook attempt to poison Peter Pan?
(a) By pouring poison into Peter's medicine
(b) By pouring poison into Peter's mouth
(c) By putting poison on Peter's fork and plate
(d) By pouring poison on Peter's dagger
13. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
(a) She flies.
(b) She swims.
(c) She catches hold of a kite's tail.
(d) Peter Pan carries her.
14. What "rule" does Wendy enforce regarding Peter Pan's chair?
(a) That Peter's chair is broken
(b) That no one sits in the father's chair when he is not at home
(c) That they must take turns sitting in Peter's chair
(d) That only she can sit in Peter Pan's chair when he is not at home
15. What happens to the pirate sent to fetch this instrument for Captain Hook's punishment of the boy who said, "God save the King?"
(a) He tells the Captain the punishment is too harsh.
(b) He is killed by Peter Pan.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He cannot find the item.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Wendy assign Peter Pan in this family situation she has created?
2. Who wakes Peter Pan to go to the rescue of Wendy and the boys?
3. What is Captain Hook upset about when he approaches Smee after the captive escapes?
4. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
5. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)