|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
(a) They must denounce the king.
(b) They must fight the Indians.
(c) They must fight Peter Pan.
(d) They must make Wendy walk the plank.
2. How does Tinkerbell save Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) She tells him of Hook's plan.
(b) She drinks it herself.
(c) She pours it out.
(d) She sprinkles fairy dust on it.
3. What plot does Captain Hook come up with to capture Peter Pan after having captured Wendy and the boys?
(a) To poison him
(b) To send the crocodile after him
(c) To leave him alone now that he has Wendy
(d) To wait for him to come to Wendy's rescue
4. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
(a) That she is no longer his friend
(b) That he is her son
(c) That she should not take the boys
(d) That he will come visit to hear her stories
5. What does Peter Pan do once Tinkerbell has recovered?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Rushes out to save Wendy and the boys
(c) Calls on the Indians
(d) Takes his medicine
6. Where are Wendy and the boys taken after the pirates capture them?
(a) To a fishing hut
(b) To the Indian village
(c) To Marooner's Rock
(d) To Captain Hook's ship
7. What does Smee plan to do with his captive when he reaches the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Leave the captive on Marooner's Rock
(b) Drown the captive
(c) Feed the captive to the crocodile
(d) Give the captive to the mermaid
8. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
(a) Combing her hair
9. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where he comes to think.
(b) It is where mermaids always rest.
(c) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(d) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
10. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
(a) He holds to a kite's tail.
(b) He swims.
(c) He sails to shore in a bird's nest.
(d) He flies.
11. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
(a) Smee's watch
(b) Peter Pan imitating the clock
(c) The Indian's drum
(d) Wendy tapping her foot
12. What final action does Captain Hook take upon knowing that he has been beaten?
(a) He jumps into the water where the crocodile is waiting.
(b) He falls on his own sword.
(c) He cries for mercy.
(d) He blows up the ship.
13. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
(a) He tells her to wait before she decides.
(b) He asks her to take the boys with her.
(c) He is happy and wants to go along.
(d) He is angry.
14. What assurance does Peter Pan ask of Wendy that disappoints Wendy?
(a) That they are only pretending that he is the father
(b) That he does not have to go to bed
(c) That she will go with him to fight the pirates
(d) That he does not have to read stories
15. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
(a) The pirates refuse to go in, prompting Hook to kill them.
(b) The pirate cries and runs away.
(c) The pirates return without finding the item.
(d) The pirates die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
2. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
3. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
4. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
5. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)