|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
(a) They will live in orphanages.
(b) They will never again have to fight pirates.
(c) They can return whenever they want.
(d) Her parents will adopt them.
2. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) He feels sorry for the captive.
(b) He cannot find the crocodile.
(c) Peter Pan, sounding like Hook, orders him to do so.
(d) It was the punishment Captain Hook ordered.
3. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
(a) She swims.
(b) Peter Pan carries her.
(c) She catches hold of a kite's tail.
(d) She flies.
4. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
(b) Flying on the tail of a kite
(c) Fighting a crocodile
(d) Sailing in a bird's nest
5. What happens to the pirate sent to fetch this instrument for Captain Hook's punishment of the boy who said, "God save the King?"
(a) He tells the Captain the punishment is too harsh.
(b) He cannot find the item.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is killed by Peter Pan.
6. When Peter Pan returns to the boys' home, what does he tell Wendy he caught?
7. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
(a) Jumps into the water
(b) Takes Smee captive
(c) Slips away
(d) Fights with Smee
8. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
(b) A pirate's hat
(c) None, he simply hides
(d) Wendy's cloak
9. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
(b) Move in with the Lost Boys
(c) Send the Lost Boys away
(d) Kidnap Wendy
10. As children react to Peter's call, what happens to Tinkerbell?
(a) Her light turns blue.
(b) Her light dims.
(c) Her light brightens.
(d) Her light turns green.
11. What role does Wendy assign Peter Pan in this family situation she has created?
(a) Her protector
(b) The oldest son
(d) Her younger brother
12. What are the reactions of John and Michael to Wendy's story?
(a) They beg for another story.
(b) They fall asleep as she is telling the story.
(c) They want to always remain in Neverland.
(d) They want to go home.
13. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
(a) They must make Wendy walk the plank.
(b) They must fight the Indians.
(c) They must fight Peter Pan.
(d) They must denounce the king.
14. Who does Wendy say tied up Nana as she tells the little boys a story?
(a) Mr. Darling
(b) She cannot remember
(d) Peter Pan
15. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
(a) A large ship
(b) An Indian canoe
(c) Fairy dust
(d) A dinghy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Hook reveal about his plans for the children he is holding captive?
2. Who stands guard over the Lost Boys after Wendy's arrival on the tail of a kite?
3. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
4. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
5. What story does Wendy tell the boys as they prepare for bedtime?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)