|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
(a) Gathers bows and arrows
(b) Sharpens his dagger
(c) Asks Tinkerbell to describe the ship
(d) Calls for the Indians to help him
2. What weapons do the Lost Boys pick up after they're freed?
(b) Anything they can find
(c) Daggers provided by Peter Pan
(d) Bows and arrows sent by the Indians
3. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
(b) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(c) It is where mermaids always rest.
(d) It is where he comes to think.
4. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
(b) Sit in his chair
(c) Eat dinner
(d) Go out to fight pirates
5. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
(a) A large ship
(b) Fairy dust
(c) An Indian canoe
(d) A dinghy
6. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
(a) Her parents will adopt them.
(b) They will live in orphanages.
(c) They will never again have to fight pirates.
(d) They can return whenever they want.
7. What sound does Peter Pan make each time a pirate enters the captain's cabin?
(a) A crowing
(b) A war whoop
(c) A scream
(d) A laugh
8. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
(a) To make the Lost Boys cry
(b) Girls on a ship are bad luck
(c) So that Peter Pan will leave
(d) To feed the crocodile so it will go away
9. What final action does Captain Hook take upon knowing that he has been beaten?
(a) He jumps into the water where the crocodile is waiting.
(b) He falls on his own sword.
(c) He cries for mercy.
(d) He blows up the ship.
10. What does Peter Pan do once Tinkerbell has recovered?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Calls on the Indians
(c) Rushes out to save Wendy and the boys
(d) Takes his medicine
11. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He goes to bed
(b) He packs to go along.
(c) He prepares to go hunting.
(d) He cries.
12. What does Peter Pan realize about Tinkerbells' situation after she saves him from the poison?
(a) That he has to leave her in order to save Wendy
(b) That she will never again be green
(c) That she is going to die
(d) That she will be saved if all boys and girls believe in fairies
13. What does Smee plan to do with his captive when he reaches the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Drown the captive
(b) Feed the captive to the crocodile
(c) Give the captive to the mermaid
(d) Leave the captive on Marooner's Rock
14. What is Captain Hook upset about when he approaches Smee after the captive escapes?
(a) That he has not got a mother of his own
(b) That the crocodile is back
(c) That the Lost Boys have found a mother
(d) That he was not able to catch a mermaid
15. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
(a) Searching for Peter Pan
(b) Clearing the table
(c) Washing her hair
(d) Darning their socks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
2. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
3. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
4. As children react to Peter's call, what happens to Tinkerbell?
5. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)