|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the reactions of John and Michael to Wendy's story?
(a) They want to go home.
(b) They fall asleep as she is telling the story.
(c) They want to always remain in Neverland.
(d) They beg for another story.
2. What does Peter Pan say he discovered upon returning to his own home after being in Neverland?
(a) That his brother wanted to come to Neverland
(b) That his parents had moved away
(c) That the windows were barred and another boy was in his bed
(d) He says he has never returned.
3. What final action does Captain Hook take upon knowing that he has been beaten?
(a) He jumps into the water where the crocodile is waiting.
(b) He blows up the ship.
(c) He cries for mercy.
(d) He falls on his own sword.
4. Where are Wendy and the boys taken after the pirates capture them?
(a) To Captain Hook's ship
(b) To Marooner's Rock
(c) To a fishing hut
(d) To the Indian village
5. What does Peter Pan realize about Tinkerbells' situation after she saves him from the poison?
(a) That he has to leave her in order to save Wendy
(b) That she is going to die
(c) That she will never again be green
(d) That she will be saved if all boys and girls believe in fairies
6. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
(a) The Jolly Roger
(b) The Captain Hook
(c) The Jumping Jiminy
(d) The Marooner
7. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
(a) Moon Rock
(b) Captain Hook's Rock
(c) Marooner's Rock
(d) Mariner's Rock
8. What objection do some of the boys have to becoming pirates?
(a) They do not want to work.
(b) They do not object and say they are willing.
(c) They cannot leave Wendy.
(d) Their mother will not like it.
9. Who does Wendy say tied up Nana as she tells the little boys a story?
(a) Mr. Darling
(b) Peter Pan
(c) She cannot remember
10. What is the favored food in Neverland?
(a) Only pretend food is eaten in Neverland
(d) Ice cream
11. How does Tinkerbell save Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) She tells him of Hook's plan.
(b) She drinks it herself.
(c) She pours it out.
(d) She sprinkles fairy dust on it.
12. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
(a) Asks Tinkerbell to describe the ship
(b) Gathers bows and arrows
(c) Calls for the Indians to help him
(d) Sharpens his dagger
13. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
(a) Sail away from Neverland
(b) Use fairy dust and fly to Wendy's home
(c) Blow it up with a bomb
(d) Use it to track Peter Pan for ever
14. How are Wendy, John and Michael to return home?
(a) By flying as they did when they arrived in Neverland
(b) The pirates will take them on their ship.
(c) Through the woods and across the sea
(d) They learn that there is no way to return.
15. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
(a) They can return whenever they want.
(b) Her parents will adopt them.
(c) They will never again have to fight pirates.
(d) They will live in orphanages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
2. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
3. What assurance does Peter Pan ask of Wendy that disappoints Wendy?
4. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
5. What does Peter Pan say about catching a mermaid?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)