|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He prepares to go hunting.
(b) He packs to go along.
(c) He goes to bed
(d) He cries.
2. Smee and a second pirate have someone with them as they approach the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had seen the mermaid. Who do they have?
(a) Mrs. Darling
(b) Peter Pan
(c) Tiger Lily
(d) Captain Hook
3. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
(a) He flies.
(b) He sails to shore in a bird's nest.
(c) He swims.
(d) He holds to a kite's tail.
4. What sound does Peter Pan make each time a pirate enters the captain's cabin?
(a) A laugh
(b) A crowing
(c) A scream
(d) A war whoop
5. What does Peter Pan do with the eggs he removes from a bird's nest?
(a) Carries them to shore
(b) Throws them at Captain Hook
(c) Eats them
(d) Places them in a pirate's hat
6. What happens to the pirate sent to fetch this instrument for Captain Hook's punishment of the boy who said, "God save the King?"
(a) He is killed by Peter Pan.
(b) He tells the Captain the punishment is too harsh.
(c) He cannot find the item.
(d) He runs away.
7. What last instruction does Wendy offer the boys as they face the pirates?
(a) To die like English gentlemen
(b) To swim for shore
(c) To call out for Peter Pan
(d) To fight
8. What "rule" does Wendy enforce regarding Peter Pan's chair?
(a) That Peter's chair is broken
(b) That they must take turns sitting in Peter's chair
(c) That only she can sit in Peter Pan's chair when he is not at home
(d) That no one sits in the father's chair when he is not at home
9. What are the reactions of John and Michael to Wendy's story?
(a) They want to always remain in Neverland.
(b) They want to go home.
(c) They beg for another story.
(d) They fall asleep as she is telling the story.
10. What does Wendy leave for Peter Pan as she is preparing to return to her own home?
(a) A glass of water that she says are his milk and medicine
(b) A hug
(c) Another thimble
(d) The button he gave her
11. What instrument does Hook call for in order to punish the boys that say, "God save the King?"
(a) A plank
(b) A whip
(c) A gun
(d) An arrow
12. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
(a) Sail away from Neverland
(b) Use fairy dust and fly to Wendy's home
(c) Blow it up with a bomb
(d) Use it to track Peter Pan for ever
13. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
(c) Combing her hair
14. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
(a) He is happy and wants to go along.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He asks her to take the boys with her.
(d) He tells her to wait before she decides.
15. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Peter Pan, sounding like Hook, orders him to do so.
(b) It was the punishment Captain Hook ordered.
(c) He feels sorry for the captive.
(d) He cannot find the crocodile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
2. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
3. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
4. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
5. Who stands guard over the Lost Boys after Wendy's arrival on the tail of a kite?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)