|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story opens, what is Michael objecting to?
(a) Having a bath
(c) Playing house with Wendy
(d) Taking his medicine
2. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
(b) Peter Pan
3. After Mrs. Darling finds no one at the window, what does she do next?
(a) Checks on the children
(b) Calls the police
(c) Calls Mr. Darling
4. Why does Mrs. Darling want Nana to stay with the children?
(a) For protection
(b) To give them baths
(c) So the children will not be afraid
(d) To give them medicine
5. What happens to Mr. Darling's pants?
(a) There are paw prints on them.
(b) There are hairs on them.
(c) They have mud on them.
(d) They are wrinkled.
6. What is the point of the stage direction?
(a) To direct actors and provide information for the reader
(b) They serve no purpose
(c) Only to provide information for the reader
(d) Only to direct actors
7. What are the Lost Boys talking about when they come out of hiding after the pirates have gone?
(a) They should have whipped the pirates.
(b) They are nervous without Peter Pan.
(c) They should remain in hiding.
(d) They should leave Neverland.
8. Mr. Darling exaggerates the problem with his tie. What does he say the eventual result will be if he does not get it properly tied?
(a) The family will starve.
(b) He will look ridiculous.
(c) He will have to find another job.
(d) He will be angry at Mrs. Darling.
9. What does Wendy learn from her first conversation with Peter Pan?
(a) He does not have a mother.
(b) He lives in Neverland.
(c) He is afraid of Nana.
(d) He cannot find Tinkerbell.
10. What wakes Wendy?
(a) Peter Pan's crying
(b) Peter Pan rummaging for his shadow
(c) John's snoring
11. Who appears right after the pirates leave?
(a) Peter Pan
(b) Tiger Lily and the braves
(c) John and Michael
12. What do the boys do when they hear Tinkerbell's instructions regarding Wendy?
(a) They shoot her.
(b) They run and hide.
(c) They wave for her to come down.
(d) They call for Peter Pan.
13. Who flies first into the Darling children's window?
(c) Peter Pan
14. What problem does Peter Pan encounter when he finds his shadow?
(a) He cannot get out the window.
(b) It will not attach to his feet.
(c) He then loses Tinkerbell.
(d) He wakes John and Michael.
15. Who is Nana?
(a) The family's horse
(b) Wendy's favorite aunt
(c) The sheepdog who serves as the children's nurse
(d) The children's grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he find it?
2. What is Mr. Darling trying to do as he comes into the room?
3. How does Captain Hook always know the crocodile is approaching?
4. Where does Peter Pan say he lives?
5. What promise does Peter Pan make to Wendy to encourage her to get well quickly?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)