|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendy learn from her first conversation with Peter Pan?
(a) He cannot find Tinkerbell.
(b) He is afraid of Nana.
(c) He lives in Neverland.
(d) He does not have a mother.
2. Who arrives to break up the boys' conversation?
(a) Tiger Lily
(b) Peter Pan
(c) The pirates
3. Who tells John it is bath time?
(b) Mrs. Darling
(c) Peter Pan
4. How does Peter Pan discover that Wendy is not really dead from the arrow that shot her?
(a) She stands up to go home.
(b) She reaches out her hand to him.
(c) She tells him a story.
(d) She begins to cry.
5. What does Smee say will some day happen to that warning?
(a) The crocodile will not smell.
(b) The pirates will fail to see the crocodile coming.
(c) The crocodile will not be hungry so his stomach will not growl.
(d) The clock will wind down and fall silent.
6. What does Hook confess to be his greatest fear?
(a) The clock will wind down so that he cannot hear the croc.
(b) His ship will sink.
(c) Peter Pan will capture him.
(d) The crocodile will eat him.
7. Which of the Lost Boys does Captain Hook most want to capture?
(b) All of them
(d) The Twins
8. How does Captain Hook always know the crocodile is approaching?
(a) The crocodile's smell
(b) The crocodile's stomach growling
(c) The ticking of a clock swallowed by the crocodile
(d) The other pirates warn him
9. What promise does Peter Pan make to Wendy to encourage her to get well quickly?
(a) To tell her a story
(b) To see the Indians
(c) To see the mermaids
(d) To see the pirates
10. What does Mr. Darling make Nana do?
(a) Have a bath
(b) Go outside
(c) Stop barking
(d) Take the medicine
11. What is the point of the stage direction?
(a) Only to direct actors
(b) They serve no purpose
(c) Only to provide information for the reader
(d) To direct actors and provide information for the reader
12. Who flies first into the Darling children's window?
(b) Peter Pan
13. Who accidentally rubs against Mr. Darling's pants, dirtying them?
(b) Peter Pan
14. As the story opens, what is Michael objecting to?
(a) Having a bath
(b) Playing house with Wendy
(c) Taking his medicine
15. Though the Lost Boys argue over their bravery, what is their reaction when the pirates arrive?
(a) They find bows and arrows and fight.
(b) They run and hide.
(c) They call for Peter Pan.
(d) They call for the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Indians plan to do if they catch the pirates?
2. What does Mrs. Darling do before she leaves for the evening?
3. Who appears right after the pirates leave?
4. After Mrs. Darling finds no one at the window, what does she do next?
5. How do John and Michael react when Wendy wakes them with the news that they are flying to Neverland?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)