|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Russell strongly approves of whom?
2. Although Elizabeth is interested in Mr. Elliot as a potential husband, in whom does Mr. Elliot seem more interested?
3. Anne has dreaded going _________.
4. Lady Russell tells Anne that nothing would make her happier than to see Anne do what?
5. To what does Mrs. Smith tells Anne that Mr. Elliot led her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any of the following characters and describe whether or not you feel they change and, if so, in what ways:
Essay Topic 2
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, show how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth feel about a person's social standing.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)