|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the family discusses Mr. Elliot, who arrives?
2. From whom does the Elliot family receive an invitation?
3. Which holiday is fast approaching in Chapter 14?
4. Anne apologizes to Captain Wentworth for _____________________________.
5. Who escorts Anne for the first half of her trip home after the gathering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the point that he shows back up in the lives of the Elliots, Mr. Elliot, the heir, has questionable motivations. Describe Mr. Elliot. Do you trust his motivations, even though he has a bad history? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)