|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Russell tells Anne that nothing would make her happier than to see Anne do what?
2. After two days at Uppercross, who comes to take Anne to the apartments on the grounds at Kellynch?
3. Anne tries to find out what about her father on her second day in Bath?
4. Mr. Elliot asks Anne to _____________________________.
5. Anne receives a very upsetting letter from whom in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
Essay Topic 2
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)