|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the first time, Captain Wentworth seems to show what emotion regarding Anne?
2. Captain Benwick intends to call on whom soon, according to Charles?
3. Anne's father and sister disapprove of her going to see __________ instead of accepting the invitation from the royal cousin.
4. Anne receives a very upsetting letter from whom in Chapter 18?
5. Who escorts Anne for the first half of her trip home after the gathering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Anne is the main character in Persuasion and she has very different opinions from most of the other characters. Use examples from the book to show how Anne views social status as opposed to how others in the book view it.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)