|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne wants to visit Lady Russell to _________________________________.
2. Admiral Croft asks Anne if she thinks it is a good idea to invite which person to Bath?
3. Mr. Elliot married his first wife for what reason, according to Mrs. Smith?
4. Frederick and Anne run into each other and Frederick offers Anne ______________.
5. Everyone thinks that Anne is Ill after what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the beginning of the book. How is each similar or different when the book opens?
Essay Topic 2
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)