|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Hamilton is the former name of which person?
2. Admiral Croft asks Anne if she thinks it is a good idea to invite which person to Bath?
3. Anne wants to visit Lady Russell to _________________________________.
4. How does Sir Elliot feel about Captain Wentworth and Anne marrying now?
5. Who hopes that Mr. Elliot will marry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the point that he shows back up in the lives of the Elliots, Mr. Elliot, the heir, has questionable motivations. Describe Mr. Elliot. Do you trust his motivations, even though he has a bad history? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
Essay Topic 3
In the end of the book, Anne and Captain Wentworth have finally married. Describe how everyone's attitudes toward Captain Wentworth have either changed or stayed the same. Specifically, focus on Sir Elliot, Lady Russell and Elizabeth.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)