|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary is glad that Captain Wentworth is marrying Anne, rather than who?
2. Anne receives a very upsetting letter from whom in Chapter 18?
3. What are Mr. Elliot's feelings about Mrs. Clay?
4. Which holiday is fast approaching in Chapter 14?
5. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Anne affected by social standing? If so, in what ways? Use examples from the book to prove your point.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what role Lady Russell plays in the book. Include other examples, besides just her disapproval of Captain Wentworth.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)