|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Admiral Croft asks Anne if she thinks it is a good idea to invite which person to Bath?
2. Who had not visited Louisa for months?
3. Lady Russell tells Anne that which person could not stop talking about Anne at the gathering?
4. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
5. Who tells SIr Elliot and Elizabeth that they will soon leave?
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what role Lady Russell plays in the book. Include other examples, besides just her disapproval of Captain Wentworth.
Essay Topic 3
As the title of the book suggests, persuasion is a major theme. List examples of how the powers of persuasion affect Anne throughout the book. Also, state whether you agree or disagree with Anne's reactions to that persuasion.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)