|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth now think of Captain Wentworth?
2. The Crofts expected Louisa to marry ______________.
3. Elizabeth is shocked by __________________________.
4. Admiral Croft finds out that Captain Wentworth is on his way _____________.
5. The letter states that Captain Benwick is to be married to which woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Sir Elliot originally has a poor view of naval officers yet he eventually learns to like Admiral Croft and Captain Wentworth. Why does he like them? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)