|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Hamilton is the former name of which person?
2. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
3. After the concert, how does Captain Wentworth behave towards Anne?
4. Lady Russell strongly approves of whom?
5. Who escorts Anne for the first half of her trip home after the gathering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is the main character in Persuasion and she has very different opinions from most of the other characters. Use examples from the book to show how Anne views social status as opposed to how others in the book view it.
Essay Topic 2
Sir Elliot originally has a poor view of naval officers yet he eventually learns to like Admiral Croft and Captain Wentworth. Why does he like them? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one of the following events in detail and explain how it affected the rest of the story:
What was the reason for the Elliots moving to Bath?
How did Louisa get injured?
How did Anne and Frederick finally reconcile?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)