|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to reconcile herself to the fact that she judged Captain Wentworth wrongly?
2. Who arrives to escort Anne back from the rainy walk?
3. The Musgroves take a trip to visit __________.
4. Frederick and Anne run into each other and Frederick offers Anne ______________.
5. The letter states that Captain Benwick is to be married to which woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the title of the book suggests, persuasion is a major theme. List examples of how the powers of persuasion affect Anne throughout the book. Also, state whether you agree or disagree with Anne's reactions to that persuasion.
Essay Topic 2
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel that Anne should have married Charles Musgrove, Mr. Elliot or Captain Wentworth? Use examples from the book to back up your choice. If you don't feel that she should have married any of the three, explain why.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)