|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the first time, Captain Wentworth seems to show what emotion regarding Anne?
2. The day after the concert Anne visits which person?
3. What does Elizabeth now think of Captain Wentworth?
4. Which holiday is fast approaching in Chapter 14?
5. As the family discusses Mr. Elliot, who arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any courtship or marriage in the book besides Anne and Frederick's and cite examples of how it affected the rest of the characters.
Essay Topic 2
For most of the book, Anne's father and sisters don't treat her as if her opinion matters. Who does respect Anne's opinion on things and why do you think that is. Use examples from the book to back up your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
From the point that he shows back up in the lives of the Elliots, Mr. Elliot, the heir, has questionable motivations. Describe Mr. Elliot. Do you trust his motivations, even though he has a bad history? Why or why not?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)