|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does the Elliot family receive an invitation?
2. Although Elizabeth is interested in Mr. Elliot as a potential husband, in whom does Mr. Elliot seem more interested?
3. Miss Hamilton is the former name of which person?
4. After the concert, how does Captain Wentworth behave towards Anne?
5. How does Anne feel about seeing everyone again?
Essay Topic 1
Anne is the main character in Persuasion and she has very different opinions from most of the other characters. Use examples from the book to show how Anne views social status as opposed to how others in the book view it.
Essay Topic 2
Choose any of the following characters and describe whether or not you feel they change and, if so, in what ways:
Essay Topic 3
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)