|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne receives a very upsetting letter from whom in Chapter 18?
2. Anne apologizes to Captain Wentworth for _____________________________.
3. After the concert, how does Captain Wentworth behave towards Anne?
4. From whom does the Elliot family receive an invitation?
5. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For most of the book, Anne's father and sisters don't treat her as if her opinion matters. Who does respect Anne's opinion on things and why do you think that is. Use examples from the book to back up your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
In the end of the book, Anne and Captain Wentworth have finally married. Describe how everyone's attitudes toward Captain Wentworth have either changed or stayed the same. Specifically, focus on Sir Elliot, Lady Russell and Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 3
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)