|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne tries to find out what about her father on her second day in Bath?
2. How does Anne feel about the way the Crofts have kept her former home?
3. Which holiday is fast approaching in Chapter 14?
4. The Crofts announce that they are going away for how long?
5. After the concert, how does Captain Wentworth behave towards Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
Essay Topic 2
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)