|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne thinks that Captain Wentworth never really loved which person?
2. How does Sir Elliot feel about Captain Wentworth and Anne marrying now?
3. Who hopes that Mr. Elliot will marry her?
4. Elizabeth and Anne's father are excited about who being back in their lives?
5. Anne denies what, when questioned by Mrs. Smith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Anne affected by social standing? If so, in what ways? Use examples from the book to prove your point.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the beginning of the book. How is each similar or different when the book opens?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)