|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Crofts announce that they are going away for how long?
2. Who tells SIr Elliot and Elizabeth that they will soon leave?
3. At the start of Chapter 17, Anne pays a visit to whom?
4. Anne tries to find out what about her father on her second day in Bath?
5. How does Sir Elliot feel about Captain Wentworth and Anne marrying now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is the main character in Persuasion and she has very different opinions from most of the other characters. Use examples from the book to show how Anne views social status as opposed to how others in the book view it.
Essay Topic 2
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
Essay Topic 3
As the title of the book suggests, persuasion is a major theme. List examples of how the powers of persuasion affect Anne throughout the book. Also, state whether you agree or disagree with Anne's reactions to that persuasion.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)