|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Sir Elliot agree to rent the house?
2. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
3. With whom is Anne in love?
4. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
5. Anne learns that Frederick's sister is whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
2. Now that Anne and Captain Wentworth are in the same social circle, describe how they interact.
3. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
4. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
5. Describe the first applicant to apply to rent Kellynch Hall.
6. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
7. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
8. Explain how all of the Musgroves treat Anne.
9. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
10. Explain what convinces Frederick to stay on in the area.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the beginning of the book. How is each similar or different when the book opens?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one of the following events in detail and explain how it affected the rest of the story:
What was the reason for the Elliots moving to Bath?
How did Louisa get injured?
How did Anne and Frederick finally reconcile?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)