|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Anne in love?
2. Anne overhears Captain Wentworth tell Louisa that he prefers what sort of women?
3. The group is going to visit friends of which person at the seaside town?
4. What does Lady Russell think of Anne's love interest?
5. When she was young, Elizabeth planned to marry. What happened to her suitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how all of the Musgroves treat Anne.
2. Explain what Elizabeth tells Anne in a letter, in Chapter 14.
3. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
4. Explain how Charles Hayter feels about Frederick and why.
5. Anne has been dreading going to Bath. Explain why the reception she gets on her arrival is surprising at first, and then not as much.
6. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
7. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
8. Describe the meeting between Anne and Captain Wentworth in Chapter 7.
9. Explain what Anne thinks of staying at Uppercross.
10. How does Sir Elliot feel about naval officers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
Essay Topic 2
Sir Elliot originally has a poor view of naval officers yet he eventually learns to like Admiral Croft and Captain Wentworth. Why does he like them? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel that Anne should have married Charles Musgrove, Mr. Elliot or Captain Wentworth? Use examples from the book to back up your choice. If you don't feel that she should have married any of the three, explain why.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)