|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not one of Sir Elliot's daughters?
2. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
3. Who plans to bring Anne to stay with them until they travel on to Bath?
4. Who else does Sir Elliot ask for advice in Chapter 1?
5. Charles Hayter was whose suitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
2. Explain how all of the Musgroves treat Anne.
3. Describe Captain Frederick Wentworth at the beginning of Chapter 4.
4. Describe how Sir Elliot wants Mr. Shepherd to rent out the house.
5. Explain what Anne thinks are the pros of living with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
6. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
7. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
8. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
9. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
10. Explain how Anne's plans to leave for Bath are interrupted.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel that Anne should have married Charles Musgrove, Mr. Elliot or Captain Wentworth? Use examples from the book to back up your choice. If you don't feel that she should have married any of the three, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, show how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth feel about a person's social standing.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)