|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not even remember Anne's connection to Frederick?
2. Anne is more open about her opinions after what happens?
3. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
4. How does Charles handle the children?
5. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
2. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
3. Explain how Anne's plans to care for Louisa are interrupted.
4. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
5. When Anne and Frederick meet in town on a rainy day, what happens?
6. Describe the sort of trouble the Elliots are facing in Chapter 1.
7. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
8. Describe the major event that happens in Chapter 12.
9. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
10. How does Lady Russell feel about Mrs. Clay going to Bath in Anne's place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Anne is a caring person. Explain how she cares for and tries to help others throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
For most of the book, Anne's father and sisters don't treat her as if her opinion matters. Who does respect Anne's opinion on things and why do you think that is. Use examples from the book to back up your opinions.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)