|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Anne of her younger self?
2. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
3. Anne feels that she will miss frequent visits with Captain Wentworth at ___________.
4. Henrietta appears to favor whom?
5. Who is very needy and cannot stand being alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
2. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
3. Explain what Anne thinks are the cons of staying with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
4. Explain how Anne recalls her old relationship with Frederick.
5. Describe how Anne feels about her brother-in-law, Charles.
6. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
7. When Anne and Frederick meet in town on a rainy day, what happens?
8. Explain what Elizabeth tells Anne in a letter, in Chapter 14.
9. Describe the first applicant to apply to rent Kellynch Hall.
10. Describe Anne's sister, Mary.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is a caring person. Explain how she cares for and tries to help others throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
As the title of the book suggests, persuasion is a major theme. List examples of how the powers of persuasion affect Anne throughout the book. Also, state whether you agree or disagree with Anne's reactions to that persuasion.
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel that Anne should have married Charles Musgrove, Mr. Elliot or Captain Wentworth? Use examples from the book to back up your choice. If you don't feel that she should have married any of the three, explain why.
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)