|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does everyone wind up after the walk?
2. How does Charles handle the children?
3. Who is one of the friends the group is traveling to see?
4. Who goes to visit the Crofts when they move?
5. How does Sir Elliot feel the Admiral's stature compares to his own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Anne and Captain Wentworth in Chapter 7.
2. Explain what Mrs. Smith tells Anne about the time when Mr. Elliot was a friend of the Smiths.
3. Anne has been dreading going to Bath. Explain why the reception she gets on her arrival is surprising at first, and then not as much.
4. Explain how the family decides to cut costs.
5. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
6. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
7. Explain what causes Anne to be overjoyed at the concert in Chapter 20.
8. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
9. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
10. Describe Anne's sister, Mary.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
Essay Topic 2
Is Anne affected by social standing? If so, in what ways? Use examples from the book to prove your point.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any of the following characters and describe whether or not you feel they change and, if so, in what ways:
This section contains 1,409 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)