|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It upsets lady Russell that who is going with Sir Elliot and Elizabeth?
2. The story opens by introducing this person.
3. What does Lady Russell think of Anne's love interest?
4. How does Sir Elliot feel the Admiral's stature compares to his own?
5. Henrietta appears to favor whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what causes Anne to be overjoyed at the concert in Chapter 20.
2. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
3. What does Sir Elliot think of Elizabeth?
4. Explain how Anne recalls her old relationship with Frederick.
5. How are Anne, Elizabeth and Mary different, according to Chapter 1?
6. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
7. Anne has been dreading going to Bath. Explain why the reception she gets on her arrival is surprising at first, and then not as much.
8. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
9. Explain how Anne feels about Lady Russell's view of Mr. Elliot and Mr. Elliot's view of Mrs. Clay.
10. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the point that he shows back up in the lives of the Elliots, Mr. Elliot, the heir, has questionable motivations. Describe Mr. Elliot. Do you trust his motivations, even though he has a bad history? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choose any courtship or marriage in the book besides Anne and Frederick's and cite examples of how it affected the rest of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Is Anne affected by social standing? If so, in what ways? Use examples from the book to prove your point.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)