|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
2. What is the name of the first applicant?
3. Who is going to find a family to rent the home?
4. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
5. Whom does Anne see flirting with Captain Wentworth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
2. Explain how Anne recalls her old relationship with Frederick.
3. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
4. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
5. How are Anne, Elizabeth and Mary different, according to Chapter 1?
6. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
7. Explain what Anne thinks of staying at Uppercross.
8. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
9. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
10. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the beginning of the book. How is each similar or different when the book opens?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is the main character in Persuasion and she has very different opinions from most of the other characters. Use examples from the book to show how Anne views social status as opposed to how others in the book view it.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)