|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sir Elliot asks Lady Russell for advice?
2. Sir Elliot and __________ appear to have no respect for Anne in Chapter 1.
3. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
4. Sir Elliot's youngest daughter is which one?
5. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Sir Elliot wants Mr. Shepherd to rent out the house.
2. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
3. Explain how all of the Musgroves treat Anne.
4. Describe Captain Frederick Wentworth at the beginning of Chapter 4.
5. When Mrs. Clay wants to leave, describe how she is convinced to stay.
6. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
7. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
8. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
9. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
10. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
For most of the book, Anne's father and sisters don't treat her as if her opinion matters. Who does respect Anne's opinion on things and why do you think that is. Use examples from the book to back up your opinions.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)