|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to bring Anne to stay with them until they travel on to Bath?
2. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
3. Anne's plans to leave for where are interrupted?
4. How do Anne's nephews feel about Anne?
5. Who writes a budget for the Elliot family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Charles Hayter feels about Frederick and why.
2. How does Sir Elliot feel about naval officers?
3. Describe the major event that happens in Chapter 12.
4. Explain why Anne finds it hard to keep up with Lady Russell's musings about Anne's father and Elizabeth, after Anne moves to the apartments on the Kellynch grounds with her.
5. Anne has been dreading going to Bath. Explain why the reception she gets on her arrival is surprising at first, and then not as much.
6. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
7. Describe Captain Frederick Wentworth at the beginning of Chapter 4.
8. Describe Anne's relationships with men since her break up with Captain Wentworth.
9. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
10. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any of the following characters and describe whether or not you feel they change and, if so, in what ways:
Essay Topic 2
In the end of the book, Anne and Captain Wentworth have finally married. Describe how everyone's attitudes toward Captain Wentworth have either changed or stayed the same. Specifically, focus on Sir Elliot, Lady Russell and Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any courtship or marriage in the book besides Anne and Frederick's and cite examples of how it affected the rest of the characters.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)