|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the budget, how long will it take the Elliot family to be free from debt?
2. The day before the planned dinner, who has a bad fall?
3. It upsets lady Russell that who is going with Sir Elliot and Elizabeth?
4. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
5. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
2. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
3. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
4. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
5. Explain why Anne finds it hard to keep up with Lady Russell's musings about Anne's father and Elizabeth, after Anne moves to the apartments on the Kellynch grounds with her.
6. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
7. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
8. Anne has been dreading going to Bath. Explain why the reception she gets on her arrival is surprising at first, and then not as much.
9. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
10. Explain what causes Anne to be overjoyed at the concert in Chapter 20.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is a caring person. Explain how she cares for and tries to help others throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of marriage and union is strong in the book. Choose your favorite couple, besides Anne and Frederick, and describe their relationship. What makes them your favorite?
Essay Topic 3
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)