Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that nobody will want Anne in Bath anyway?
2. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
3. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
4. Who goes to visit the Crofts when they move?
5. What is the name of the first applicant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
2. Explain how Anne feels about Lady Russell's view of Mr. Elliot and Mr. Elliot's view of Mrs. Clay.
3. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
4. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
5. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
6. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
7. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
8. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
9. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
10. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
Essay Topic 1
Explain what role Lady Russell plays in the book. Include other examples, besides just her disapproval of Captain Wentworth.
Essay Topic 2
Describe one of the following events in detail and explain how it affected the rest of the story:
What was the reason for the Elliots moving to Bath?
How did Louisa get injured?
How did Anne and Frederick finally reconcile?
Essay Topic 3
Choose any courtship or marriage in the book besides Anne and Frederick's and cite examples of how it affected the rest of the characters.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)