|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
2. Anne feels that she will miss frequent visits with Captain Wentworth at ___________.
3. Who fills the role of lady of the house since Mrs. Elliot's death?
4. How does Sir Elliot treat Anne?
5. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Elliot think of Elizabeth?
2. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
3. Explain how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth deal with their financial situation.
4. How does Lady Russell feel about Mrs. Clay going to Bath in Anne's place?
5. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
6. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
7. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
8. What announcement do the Crofts make when Anne and Lady Russell visit them and what does it mean for Anne?
9. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
10. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
Essay Topic 1
Choose any courtship or marriage in the book besides Anne and Frederick's and cite examples of how it affected the rest of the characters.
Essay Topic 2
For most of the book, Anne's father and sisters don't treat her as if her opinion matters. Who does respect Anne's opinion on things and why do you think that is. Use examples from the book to back up your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, show how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth feel about a person's social standing.
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)