|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to visit the Crofts when they move?
2. Since the engagement was broken seven years ago, how does Anne feel about men?
3. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
4. What is Frederick's last name?
5. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Russell feel about Mrs. Clay going to Bath in Anne's place?
2. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
3. Explain how the family decides to cut costs.
4. What does Sir Elliot think of Elizabeth?
5. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
6. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
7. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
8. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
9. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
10. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, show how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth feel about a person's social standing.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the beginning of the book. How is each similar or different when the book opens?
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)