|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
2. What is the name of Mary's home?
3. With whom is Anne in love?
4. How does Charles handle the children?
5. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
Short Essay Questions
1. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
2. Describe Captain Frederick Wentworth at the beginning of Chapter 4.
3. Describe Anne's sister, Mary.
4. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
5. What does Sir Elliot think of Elizabeth?
6. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
7. Describe Anne's relationships with men since her break up with Captain Wentworth.
8. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
9. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
10. Explain how the family decides to cut costs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any of the following characters and describe whether or not you feel they change and, if so, in what ways:
Essay Topic 2
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)