|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the admiral have?
2. Whom does Anne see flirting with Captain Wentworth?
3. Sir Elliot and __________ appear to have no respect for Anne in Chapter 1.
4. The day before the planned dinner, who has a bad fall?
5. With whom is Captain Wentworth now in the same social circle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
2. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
3. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
4. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
5. Describe Anne's sister, Mary.
6. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
7. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
8. How does Lady Russell feel about Mrs. Clay going to Bath in Anne's place?
9. Explain how Anne recalls her old relationship with Frederick.
10. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end of the book, Anne and Captain Wentworth have finally married. Describe how everyone's attitudes toward Captain Wentworth have either changed or stayed the same. Specifically, focus on Sir Elliot, Lady Russell and Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 2
Choose any of the following characters and describe whether or not you feel they change and, if so, in what ways:
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the beginning of the book. How is each similar or different when the book opens?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)