|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The group is going to visit friends of which person at the seaside town?
2. Sir Elliot and __________ appear to have no respect for Anne in Chapter 1.
3. Anne is not looking forward to a meeting between Captain Wentworth and whom?
4. Sir Elliot tells Admiral Croft what about Admiral Croft's appearance?
5. Who is Miss Clay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's relationships with men since her break up with Captain Wentworth.
2. Now that Anne and Captain Wentworth are in the same social circle, describe how they interact.
3. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
4. Describe the first applicant to apply to rent Kellynch Hall.
5. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
6. When Mrs. Clay wants to leave, describe how she is convinced to stay.
7. Explain how Anne's plans to leave for Bath are interrupted.
8. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
9. What announcement do the Crofts make when Anne and Lady Russell visit them and what does it mean for Anne?
10. Explain how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth deal with their financial situation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is a caring person. Explain how she cares for and tries to help others throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
Is Anne affected by social standing? If so, in what ways? Use examples from the book to prove your point.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)