Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that nobody will want Anne in Bath anyway?
2. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
3. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
4. Who goes to visit the Crofts when they move?
5. What is the name of the first applicant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
2. Explain how Anne feels about Lady Russell's view of Mr. Elliot and Mr. Elliot's view of Mrs. Clay.
3. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
4. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
5. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
6. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
7. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
8. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
9. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
10. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is a caring person. Explain how she cares for and tries to help others throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
For most of the book, Anne's father and sisters don't treat her as if her opinion matters. Who does respect Anne's opinion on things and why do you think that is. Use examples from the book to back up your opinions.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)