Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that nobody will want Anne in Bath anyway?
2. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
3. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
4. Who goes to visit the Crofts when they move?
5. What is the name of the first applicant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
2. Explain how Anne feels about Lady Russell's view of Mr. Elliot and Mr. Elliot's view of Mrs. Clay.
3. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
4. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
5. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
6. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
7. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
8. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
9. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
10. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
Essay Topic 2
Choose any courtship or marriage in the book besides Anne and Frederick's and cite examples of how it affected the rest of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
As the title of the book suggests, persuasion is a major theme. List examples of how the powers of persuasion affect Anne throughout the book. Also, state whether you agree or disagree with Anne's reactions to that persuasion.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)