|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the engagement was broken seven years ago, how does Anne feel about men?
2. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
3. The group is going to visit friends of which person at the seaside town?
4. About what does Sir Elliot asks Lady Russell for advice?
5. Who goes to town to search for a surgeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
2. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
3. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
4. Anne has been dreading going to Bath. Explain why the reception she gets on her arrival is surprising at first, and then not as much.
5. How does Sir Elliot feel about naval officers?
6. What does Sir Elliot think of Elizabeth?
7. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
8. Explain how Anne recalls her old relationship with Frederick.
9. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
10. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
Essay Topic 2
Do you feel that Anne should have married Charles Musgrove, Mr. Elliot or Captain Wentworth? Use examples from the book to back up your choice. If you don't feel that she should have married any of the three, explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel that Captain Wentworth should have married Anne, Louisa or Henrietta? Use examples from the book to defend your choice. If you don't think he should have married any of them, explain why.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)