|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home the family is planning to rent?
2. Anne learns that Frederick's sister is whom?
3. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
4. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
5. Who plans to bring Anne to stay with them until they travel on to Bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the major event that happens in Chapter 12.
2. Describe how Sir Elliot wants Mr. Shepherd to rent out the house.
3. Explain why Anne finds it hard to keep up with Lady Russell's musings about Anne's father and Elizabeth, after Anne moves to the apartments on the Kellynch grounds with her.
4. How does Lady Russell feel about Mrs. Clay going to Bath in Anne's place?
5. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
6. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
7. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
8. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
9. Describe what happens when Mr. Elliot tries to engage Anne in conversation at the concert.
10. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
Essay Topic 2
Sir Elliot originally has a poor view of naval officers yet he eventually learns to like Admiral Croft and Captain Wentworth. Why does he like them? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Mary and Charles play a large role in Anne's life, especially in the early part of the book. Explain how Anne relates to them. Do they listen to her? Does she help them? Does she feel caught in the middle? Use examples from the book to explain.
This section contains 1,487 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)