|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
2. Who says that nobody will want Anne in Bath anyway?
3. What is Sir Elliot's status?
4. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Mrs. Clay?
5. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how all of the Musgroves treat Anne.
2. Now that Anne and Captain Wentworth are in the same social circle, describe how they interact.
3. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
4. Describe how Anne feels about her brother-in-law, Charles.
5. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
6. Describe how Sir Elliot wants Mr. Shepherd to rent out the house.
7. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
8. When Mrs. Clay wants to leave, describe how she is convinced to stay.
9. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
10. Describe Captain Frederick Wentworth at the beginning of Chapter 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyone is surprised by Captain Benwick's engagement to Louisa. Admiral Croft thought Louisa would marry Frederick. Do you feel that Louisa and Captain Benwick were a good match? Why or why not? If not, who do you think each one should have married and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe one of the following events in detail and explain how it affected the rest of the story:
What was the reason for the Elliots moving to Bath?
How did Louisa get injured?
How did Anne and Frederick finally reconcile?
Essay Topic 3
From the point that he shows back up in the lives of the Elliots, Mr. Elliot, the heir, has questionable motivations. Describe Mr. Elliot. Do you trust his motivations, even though he has a bad history? Why or why not?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)