|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to find a family to rent the home?
2. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
3. Based on the budget, how long will it take the Elliot family to be free from debt?
4. Who does not approve of the navy as a profession?
5. Anne feels that she will miss frequent visits with Captain Wentworth at ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the family decides to cut costs.
2. Explain what Anne thinks are the cons of staying with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
3. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
4. Explain how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth deal with their financial situation.
5. Explain what Elizabeth tells Anne in a letter, in Chapter 14.
6. How are Anne, Elizabeth and Mary different, according to Chapter 1?
7. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
8. Explain what Anne thinks of staying at Uppercross.
9. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
10. How does Sir Elliot feel about naval officers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what role Lady Russell plays in the book. Include other examples, besides just her disapproval of Captain Wentworth.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three Elliot daughters at the end of the book with the way they were at the beginning of the book. Have any of them changed? If so, in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
Choose any of the following characters and describe whether or not you feel they change and, if so, in what ways:
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)