|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not one of Sir Elliot's daughters?
2. What does Lady Russell think of Anne's love interest?
(a) She does not know about it.
(b) She does not care one way or the other.
(c) She disapproves.
(d) She approves.
3. Whose mood does Anne try to improve when she arrives at Mary's house?
(a) Lady Russell's
(b) Mrs. Clay's
4. Whom does Anne see flirting with Captain Wentworth?
(c) Miss Musgrove
(d) Lady Russell
5. The first application to rent is from someone in what sort of profession?
(a) naval officer
Short Answer Questions
1. It is soon discovered that the visitor will be _____________.
2. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
3. Sir Elliot's oldest daughter is which one?
4. Whom does Sir Walter Elliot refuse to marry?
5. Who goes to town to search for a surgeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
2. Describe what happens when Mr. Elliot tries to engage Anne in conversation at the concert.
3. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
4. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
5. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
6. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
7. Describe Anne's relationships with men since her break up with Captain Wentworth.
8. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
9. Explain how the family decides to cut costs.
10. When Mrs. Clay wants to leave, describe how she is convinced to stay.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)