|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sir Elliot treat Anne?
(a) He looks to her for advice.
(b) He mostly ignores her.
(c) He dotes on her.
(d) He treats her exactly like his other daughters.
2. What is Mary's mother-in-law's last name?
3. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
(d) None of them attend.
4. About what does Anne have a silent debate with herself?
(a) whether Captain Wentworth is still handsome
(b) whether Anne wants Captain Wentworth to stay in town.
(c) whether Captain Wentworth is lying
(d) whether Captain Wentworth likes Henrietta or Louisa
5. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When everyone takes a walk, which of these people does not go?
2. Mary wonders if the visitor will be Frederick or ____________.
3. Who is one of the friends the group is traveling to see?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
5. Who else does Sir Elliot ask for advice in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the major event that happens in Chapter 12.
2. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
3. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
4. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
5. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
6. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
7. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
8. Explain Anne and Lady Russell's opinions about whether or not Anne should marry Mr. Elliot.
9. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
10. Explain what convinces Frederick to stay on in the area.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)