|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
(a) moving to Bath
(b) visiting Lady Russell
(c) seeing Mr. Wentworth again
(d) staying with Mary
2. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
(c) None of them attend.
3. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
(a) Sir Elliot and Elizabeth
(b) Lady Russell and Anne
(c) Anne and ELizabeth
(d) Sir Elliot and Anne
4. Who treats Anne with cold politeness?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Miss Musgrove
(d) Captain Wentworth
5. Where does everyone wind up after the walk?
(a) Charles Hayter's house
(d) the Hardy's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne feels that she will miss frequent visits with Captain Wentworth at ___________.
2. The group meets which gentlemen on the beach two days after they arrive?
3. Who fills the role of lady of the house since Mrs. Elliot's death?
4. What is Mary's husband's name?
5. Which family shows no signs of knowing about Anne's relationship with Mr. Wentworth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
2. Describe how Anne feels about her brother-in-law, Charles.
3. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
4. Describe the sort of trouble the Elliots are facing in Chapter 1.
5. Describe what happens when Mr. Elliot tries to engage Anne in conversation at the concert.
6. Explain how all of the Musgroves treat Anne.
7. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
8. Explain how Anne recalls her old relationship with Frederick.
9. Explain what Anne thinks are the cons of staying with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
10. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)