|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the home the family is planning to rent?
(a) Kings Hall
(b) Lynch Hall
(c) Kellynch Hall
(d) Kelly Hall
2. Who is Miss Clay?
(a) Mr. Shepherd's niece.
(b) Mr. Shepherd's daughter.
(c) Sir Elliot's cousin
(d) Lady Russell's friend
3. Mary resents which person when he/she is gone for too long?
(a) her husband
(b) her daughter
(d) her son
4. Who takes a hard fall jumping from high ground?
(b) Captain Wentworth
(c) Mr. Harville
5. What is Sir Elliot's status?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Elliot's youngest daughter is which one?
2. Who does not approve of the navy as a profession?
3. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
4. Why has Mrs. Clay come?
5. Which of these is not one of Sir Elliot's daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Anne feels about her brother-in-law, Charles.
2. Explain what Elizabeth tells Anne in a letter, in Chapter 14.
3. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
4. What announcement do the Crofts make when Anne and Lady Russell visit them and what does it mean for Anne?
5. Explain Anne and Lady Russell's opinions about whether or not Anne should marry Mr. Elliot.
6. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
7. How are Anne, Elizabeth and Mary different, according to Chapter 1?
8. When Anne and Frederick meet in town on a rainy day, what happens?
9. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
10. Describe the first applicant to apply to rent Kellynch Hall.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)