|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not one of Sir Elliot's daughters?
2. What happens when Anne finds out that Frederick's sister is nearby?
(a) It causes Anne to move away.
(b) It causes Anne to think of being with Frederick again.
(c) It causes Anne's family to be upset.
(d) It causes Anne to be scared of accidentally meeting Frederick again.
3. Captain Wentworth has never forgiven which person for his breakup with Anne?
(c) Sir Elliot
(d) Lady Russell
4. How many children does the admiral have?
5. Whom does Sir Walter Elliot refuse to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anne break off the engagement?
2. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
3. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
4. Captain Wentworth says what about his love for Anne?
5. Whose mood does Anne try to improve when she arrives at Mary's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Anne thinks are the pros of living with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
2. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
3. Explain what Anne thinks of staying at Uppercross.
4. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
5. Describe the major event that happens in Chapter 12.
6. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
7. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
8. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
9. Describe what happens when Mr. Elliot tries to engage Anne in conversation at the concert.
10. Explain how Anne's plans to care for Louisa are interrupted.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)