|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does the admiral have?
2. Who goes to town to search for a surgeon?
(a) Captain Benwick
(c) Mrs. Harville
3. Whose idea is it to rent the Elliot's home to a naval officer?
(a) Sir. Elliot's
(b) Lady Russell's
(c) Mr. Shepherd's
4. The group is going to visit friends of which person at the seaside town?
5. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir William Elliot
(b) Sir Jonathan Elliot
(c) Sir Walter Elliot
(d) Sir Richard Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary wonders if the visitor will be Frederick or ____________.
2. The day before the planned dinner, who has a bad fall?
3. Captain Wentworth says what about his love for Anne?
4. With whom is Captain Wentworth now in the same social circle?
5. What happens when Anne finds out that Frederick's sister is nearby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
2. Explain what Mrs. Smith tells Anne about the time when Mr. Elliot was a friend of the Smiths.
3. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
4. What does Sir Elliot think of Elizabeth?
5. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
6. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
7. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
8. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
9. Describe Captain Frederick Wentworth at the beginning of Chapter 4.
10. Describe the sort of trouble the Elliots are facing in Chapter 1.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)