|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is soon discovered that the visitor will be _____________.
2. Sir Elliot's youngest daughter is which one?
3. Sir Elliot tells Admiral Croft what about Admiral Croft's appearance?
(a) He is the ugliest sailor Sir Elliot has seen.
(b) He looks young for his age.
(c) He is the most handsome sailor Sir Elliot has seen.
(d) He looks old for his age.
4. How do Anne's nephews feel about Anne?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They respect her more than they respect their own mother.
(c) They are very disrespectful of her.
(d) They take advantage of her kindness.
5. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
(d) Lady Russell
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
2. How many children does the admiral have?
3. Anne overhears Captain Wentworth tell Louisa that he prefers what sort of women?
4. Who is consulted about the budget?
5. Who else does Sir Elliot ask for advice in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the major event that happens in Chapter 12.
2. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
3. Describe the sort of trouble the Elliots are facing in Chapter 1.
4. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
5. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
6. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
7. Explain how Anne feels about Lady Russell's view of Mr. Elliot and Mr. Elliot's view of Mrs. Clay.
8. Explain Anne and Lady Russell's opinions about whether or not Anne should marry Mr. Elliot.
9. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
10. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)