|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary get along with her mother-in-law?
(a) They tolerate each other well.
(b) They often have problems.
(c) They ignore each other
(d) They get along better than Mary gets along with her father.
2. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
3. About what does Sir Elliot asks Lady Russell for advice?
(a) writing a will
(b) money problems
(d) getting remarried
4. Who is Sir Elliot's late wife's best friend?
(c) Lady Russell
5. How does Sir Elliot treat Anne?
(a) He looks to her for advice.
(b) He treats her exactly like his other daughters.
(c) He mostly ignores her.
(d) He dotes on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is consulted about the budget?
2. Anne was courted by a man who later married whom?
3. Chapter 3 follows a conversation between the Elliots and whom?
4. The story opens by introducing this person.
5. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
2. What announcement do the Crofts make when Anne and Lady Russell visit them and what does it mean for Anne?
3. Explain what Mrs. Smith tells Anne about the time when Mr. Elliot was a friend of the Smiths.
4. Explain what Anne thinks of staying at Uppercross.
5. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
6. Describe the first applicant to apply to rent Kellynch Hall.
7. Explain what convinces Frederick to stay on in the area.
8. Describe Anne's relationships with men since her break up with Captain Wentworth.
9. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
10. Explain what Anne thinks are the cons of staying with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)