|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir Jonathan Elliot
(b) Sir Richard Elliot
(c) Sir Walter Elliot
(d) Sir William Elliot
2. How does Sir Elliot treat Anne?
(a) He looks to her for advice.
(b) He dotes on her.
(c) He mostly ignores her.
(d) He treats her exactly like his other daughters.
3. Who is very needy and cannot stand being alone?
(c) Lady Russell
4. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
(b) Lady Russell
(c) Sir Elliot
5. With whom did Anne never used to run out of things to talk about?
(b) Lady Russell
(d) Captain Wentworth
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Anne's nephews feel about Anne?
2. What is the name of the first applicant?
3. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
4. Who plans to bring Anne to stay with them until they travel on to Bath?
5. Who is one of the friends the group is traveling to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sir Elliot feel about naval officers?
2. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
3. In the final chapter, why does Sir Elliot not object to Anne marrying Frederick?
4. Explain why Anne finds it hard to keep up with Lady Russell's musings about Anne's father and Elizabeth, after Anne moves to the apartments on the Kellynch grounds with her.
5. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
6. Explain what Mrs. Smith tells Anne about the time when Mr. Elliot was a friend of the Smiths.
7. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
8. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
9. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
10. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)