|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's mother-in-law's last name?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
(a) bring Anne to visit Frederick
(b) give a note to Frederick for Anne
(c) let Anne stay with them
(d) rent Kellynch Hall
3. To whom does Sir Elliot agree to rent the house?
4. How does Sir Elliot feel the Admiral's stature compares to his own?
(a) Admiral is an equal title.
(b) Admiral is a better title.
(c) Title does not matter to Sir Elliot.
(d) Admiral is a worse title.
5. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir Jonathan Elliot
(b) Sir Walter Elliot
(c) Sir Richard Elliot
(d) Sir William Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. The day before the planned dinner, who has a bad fall?
2. What is the name of the first applicant?
3. Who is very needy and cannot stand being alone?
4. Why has Mrs. Clay come?
5. Whose mood does Anne try to improve when she arrives at Mary's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
2. Describe the meeting between Anne and Captain Wentworth in Chapter 7.
3. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
4. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
5. Describe how Sir Elliot wants Mr. Shepherd to rent out the house.
6. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
7. Explain how Sir Elliot and Elizabeth deal with their financial situation.
8. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
9. Explain what causes Anne to be overjoyed at the concert in Chapter 20.
10. Describe Anne's relationships with men since her break up with Captain Wentworth.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)