|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
(a) moving to Bath
(b) seeing Mr. Wentworth again
(c) staying with Mary
(d) visiting Lady Russell
2. Anne overhears Captain Wentworth tell Louisa that he prefers what sort of women?
(a) those who know their place
(b) those whose convictions are strong
(c) those who are quiet
(d) those who are well dressed
3. Anne believes that which person is Captain Wentworth's favorite?
(c) Mrs. Clay
4. It upsets lady Russell that who is going with Sir Elliot and Elizabeth?
(b) Mr. Shepherd
(c) Mrs. Clay
(d) Mr. Croft
5. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir Walter Elliot
(b) Sir Jonathan Elliot
(c) Sir William Elliot
(d) Sir Richard Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the budget, how long will it take the Elliot family to be free from debt?
2. What does Sir Elliot think of Anne's love interest?
3. Why has Mrs. Clay come?
4. Who does not approve of the navy as a profession?
5. When everyone takes a walk, which of these people does not go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Anne's plans to leave for Bath are interrupted.
2. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
3. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
4. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
5. Explain how Charles Hayter feels about Frederick and why.
6. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
7. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
8. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
9. Explain what causes Anne to be overjoyed at the concert in Chapter 20.
10. Describe the first applicant to apply to rent Kellynch Hall.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)