|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's husband's name?
2. Anne's plans to leave for where are interrupted?
3. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Mrs. Clay?
(a) She is a bad influence.
(b) She is a thief.
(c) She is a good influence.
(d) She is a liar.
4. Sir Elliot's oldest daughter is which one?
5. How does Sir Elliot feel the Admiral's stature compares to his own?
(a) Admiral is a better title.
(b) Title does not matter to Sir Elliot.
(c) Admiral is an equal title.
(d) Admiral is a worse title.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she was young, Elizabeth planned to marry. What happened to her suitor?
2. Henrietta appears to favor whom?
3. Anne believes that which person is Captain Wentworth's favorite?
4. Why does Anne break off the engagement?
5. How does Charles handle the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Anne's plans to care for Louisa are interrupted.
2. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
3. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
4. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
5. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
6. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
7. Explain what Anne thinks are the cons of staying with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
8. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
9. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
10. Now that Anne and Captain Wentworth are in the same social circle, describe how they interact.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)