|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne believes that which person is Captain Wentworth's favorite?
(b) Mrs. Clay
2. Anne learns that Frederick's sister is whom?
(a) Mrs. Adams
(b) Mrs. Clay
(c) Admiral Croft's wife
(d) Mr. Shepherd's wife
3. Anne's plans to leave for where are interrupted?
4. The group meets which gentlemen on the beach two days after they arrive?
(a) Sir Elliot's heir
(b) Mr. Hooper
(c) Sir Elliot
(d) Mr. Hargrove
5. Where does everyone wind up after the walk?
(c) the Hardy's house
(d) Charles Hayter's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Wentworth's warm reception at ___________ convinces him to stay on in the area.
2. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
3. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
4. Sir Elliot's oldest daughter is which one?
5. Whose idea is it to rent the Elliot's home to a naval officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
2. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
3. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
4. Explain what causes Anne to be overjoyed at the concert in Chapter 20.
5. How does Sir Elliot feel about naval officers?
6. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
7. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
8. Explain Anne and Lady Russell's opinions about whether or not Anne should marry Mr. Elliot.
9. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
10. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)