|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes a hard fall jumping from high ground?
(b) Captain Wentworth
(d) Mr. Harville
2. How old is Anne at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Captain Wentworth's warm reception at ___________ convinces him to stay on in the area.
4. Anne's plans to leave for where are interrupted?
5. Anne joins several people on a trip to a seaside town. Who does not go on the trip?
(c) Lady Russell
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home the family is planning to rent?
2. Anne feels that she will miss frequent visits with Captain Wentworth at ___________.
3. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
4. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
5. About what does Sir Elliot asks Lady Russell for advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
2. Explain what Anne thinks of staying at Uppercross.
3. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
4. How are Anne, Elizabeth and Mary different, according to Chapter 1?
5. Describe Anne's relationships with men since her break up with Captain Wentworth.
6. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
7. Explain Anne and Lady Russell's opinions about whether or not Anne should marry Mr. Elliot.
8. Describe Captain Frederick Wentworth at the beginning of Chapter 4.
9. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
10. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)