Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that nobody will want Anne in Bath anyway?
(b) Lady Russell
(d) Sir Elliot
2. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
(a) Lady Russell
(c) Sir Elliot
3. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
(a) He married.
(b) He died.
(c) He gained wealth.
(d) He lost all of his money.
4. Who goes to visit the Crofts when they move?
(a) Mary and Charles
(b) Mary and Anne
(c) Anne and Charles
(d) Anne and Lady Russell
5. What is the name of the first applicant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's mother-in-law's last name?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
3. Who else does Sir Elliot ask for advice in Chapter 1?
4. Who fills the role of lady of the house since Mrs. Elliot's death?
5. Sir Elliot's youngest daughter is which one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what type of person Mr. Shepherd considers renting Kellynch Hall to and why.
2. Explain how Anne feels about Lady Russell's view of Mr. Elliot and Mr. Elliot's view of Mrs. Clay.
3. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
4. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
5. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
6. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
7. Explain what Anne and Admiral Croft discuss on their walk.
8. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
9. Explain Anne's reasons for calling off the engagement to Captain Wentworth.
10. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)