|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to town to search for a surgeon?
(c) Captain Benwick
(d) Mrs. Harville
2. Whose idea is it to rent the Elliot's home to a naval officer?
(a) Mr. Shepherd's
(b) Sir. Elliot's
(c) Lady Russell's
3. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She is especially fond of her.
(d) She gives her orders all the time.
4. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
(a) one of Mrs. Croft's brothers
(b) one of Mrs. Crofts cousins
(c) one of Mr. Croft's brothers
(d) one of Mr. Croft's cousins
5. The group meets which gentlemen on the beach two days after they arrive?
(a) Sir Elliot
(b) Sir Elliot's heir
(c) Mr. Hooper
(d) Mr. Hargrove
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the budget, how long will it take the Elliot family to be free from debt?
2. It upsets lady Russell that who is going with Sir Elliot and Elizabeth?
3. How old is Anne at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Sir Elliot and __________ appear to have no respect for Anne in Chapter 1.
5. Who is pleased that Anne is staying until they can bring Anne to Bath themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sir Elliot feel about naval officers?
2. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
3. Describe Sir Walter Elliot.
4. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
5. How are Anne, Elizabeth and Mary different, according to Chapter 1?
6. Describe the sort of trouble the Elliots are facing in Chapter 1.
7. In the final chapter, why does Sir Elliot not object to Anne marrying Frederick?
8. Describe how Anne feels about her brother-in-law, Charles.
9. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
10. Explain how the family decides to cut costs.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)