|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans to bring Anne to stay with them until they travel on to Bath?
(a) Lady Russell
(d) the Crofts
2. What is Mary's husband's name?
3. What is Sir Elliot's status?
4. Anne believes that which person is Captain Wentworth's favorite?
(a) Mrs. Clay
5. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
(a) He likes the man's looks.
(b) The man ofers to pay more money than other applicants.
(c) He likes the title of admiral.
(d) The man is a friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Elliot enjoys reading what sort of book?
2. The story opens by introducing this person.
3. How does Sir Elliot treat Anne?
4. The next day, Anne and who meet again for the first time in years?
5. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what convinces Frederick to stay on in the area.
2. Explain how Anne feels about Lady Russell's view of Mr. Elliot and Mr. Elliot's view of Mrs. Clay.
3. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
4. Describe Anne's sister, Mary.
5. What does Anne overhear Frederick telling Louisa that hurts Anne?
6. When Anne and Frederick meet in town on a rainy day, what happens?
7. How are Anne, Elizabeth and Mary different, according to Chapter 1?
8. Describe how Sir Elliot wants Mr. Shepherd to rent out the house.
9. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
10. Explain what Mrs. Smith tells Anne about the time when Mr. Elliot was a friend of the Smiths.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)