|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Elliot's status?
2. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
(b) Captain Benwick
(d) Captain Wentworth
3. With whom is Anne in love?
4. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
(a) She is especially fond of her.
(b) She gives her orders all the time.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She ignores her.
5. Where does everyone wind up after the walk?
(c) the Hardy's house
(d) Charles Hayter's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Elliot's youngest daughter is which one?
2. Who is very needy and cannot stand being alone?
3. Charles Hayter was whose suitor?
4. Due to the new budget plan, where does the family relocate?
5. The group meets which gentlemen on the beach two days after they arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Lady Russell's attitude toward Anne, in Chapter 2, is different from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth's attitude toward Anne.
2. Explain what Mrs. Smith tells Anne about the time when Mr. Elliot was a friend of the Smiths.
3. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
4. In the final chapter, why does Sir Elliot not object to Anne marrying Frederick?
5. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
6. Explain the event towards the end of Chapter 10 that causes Anne to believe that she finally understands Frederick.
7. Explain what convinces Frederick to stay on in the area.
8. Describe Anne's sister, Mary.
9. Describe the sort of trouble the Elliots are facing in Chapter 1.
10. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)