|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Sir Elliot agree to rent the house?
2. Who is Sir Elliot's late wife's best friend?
(a) Lady Russell
3. What is Mary's mother-in-law's last name?
4. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
(a) Anne, Mary and Henrietta
(b) Captain Wentworth, Henrietta and Anne
(c) Captain Wentworth, Mary and Henrietta
(d) Captain Wentworth, Anne and Mary
5. Where does everyone wind up after the walk?
(a) the Hardy's house
(d) Charles Hayter's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Wentworth has never forgiven which person for his breakup with Anne?
2. Who goes to town to search for a surgeon?
3. Which of these is not one of Sir Elliot's daughters?
4. How does Sir Elliot treat Anne?
5. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Anne visits the Crofts on their first day at Kellynch Hall.
2. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
3. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
4. Explain Anne and Lady Russell's opinions about whether or not Anne should marry Mr. Elliot.
5. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
6. Describe how Anne feels about her brother-in-law, Charles.
7. Explain how the group feels about Captain Benwick.
8. When Mrs. Clay wants to leave, describe how she is convinced to stay.
9. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
10. Describe the sort of trouble the Elliots are facing in Chapter 1.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)