|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
(a) She gives her orders all the time.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She is especially fond of her.
2. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
(a) seeing Mr. Wentworth again
(b) staying with Mary
(c) visiting Lady Russell
(d) moving to Bath
3. With whom is Anne in love?
4. What is Mary's husband's name?
5. Who is consulted about the budget?
(b) Sir Elliot
(d) Lady Russell
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Russell hopes that the move will end whose friendship with Mrs. Clay?
2. How many children does the admiral have?
3. To whom does Sir Elliot agree to rent the house?
4. Where does Captain Wentworh's sister invite him to stay?
5. Anne is not looking forward to a meeting between Captain Wentworth and whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the family decides to cut costs.
2. How does Lady Russell feel about Anne staying at Uppercross cottage?
3. Explain what happens the day before the planned dinner at Uppercross that keeps Anne from attending.
4. Explain how Anne's plans to care for Louisa are interrupted.
5. Explain what Anne thinks are the pros of living with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
6. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
7. Explain what Anne thinks are the cons of staying with Lady Russell rather than Mary.
8. Explain what convinces Frederick to stay on in the area.
9. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
10. Explain how Charles Hayter feels about Frederick and why.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)