|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne joins several people on a trip to a seaside town. Who does not go on the trip?
(b) Lady Russell
2. Captain Wentworth says what about his love for Anne?
(a) He will always love her, but cannot marry her.
(b) He wants to be married to her immediately.
(c) He never loved her.
(d) He no longer wants her, but no other woman compares to her.
3. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
(a) Anne, Mary and Henrietta
(b) Captain Wentworth, Anne and Mary
(c) Captain Wentworth, Henrietta and Anne
(d) Captain Wentworth, Mary and Henrietta
4. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She gives her orders all the time.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She is especially fond of her.
5. What is Mary's mother-in-law's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Wentworth's warm reception at ___________ convinces him to stay on in the area.
2. Anne feels that she will miss frequent visits with Captain Wentworth at ___________.
3. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
4. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
5. Who is Sir Elliot's late wife's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Anne feels about Mr. Elliot.
2. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
3. Explain Anne and Lady Russell's opinions about whether or not Anne should marry Mr. Elliot.
4. How does Mr. Elliot feel about Anne's refusal to attend a party because she wants to visit her old governess, Mrs. Smith.
5. In Chapter 23, as he leaves the gathering, Captain Wentworth does what, with regard to Anne and what is the result?
6. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
7. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
8. Why does Sir Elliot choose to rent his house to the person that he chooses?
9. When Mrs. Clay wants to leave, describe how she is convinced to stay.
10. What announcement do the Crofts make when Anne and Lady Russell visit them and what does it mean for Anne?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)