|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir William Elliot
(b) Sir Jonathan Elliot
(c) Sir Richard Elliot
(d) Sir Walter Elliot
2. Where does everyone wind up after the walk?
(c) Charles Hayter's house
(d) the Hardy's house
3. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
(a) He lost all of his money.
(b) He gained wealth.
(c) He married.
(d) He died.
4. Who is Miss Clay?
(a) Mr. Shepherd's daughter.
(b) Sir Elliot's cousin
(c) Lady Russell's friend
(d) Mr. Shepherd's niece.
5. How does Mary get along with her mother-in-law?
(a) They get along better than Mary gets along with her father.
(b) They ignore each other
(c) They often have problems.
(d) They tolerate each other well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Halfway back to the cottage, everyone meets ____________ riding in a buggy.
2. Anne is more open about her opinions after what happens?
3. Anne's plans to leave for where are interrupted?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
5. With whom did Anne never used to run out of things to talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Charles Hayter feels about Frederick and why.
2. Now that Anne and Captain Wentworth are in the same social circle, describe how they interact.
3. Whom does Mary spot outside speaking to each other and what is unusual about it?
4. What is Anne's reaction when Mrs. Smith tells her about rumors that Anne and Mr. Elliot are to wed and how does Mrs. Smith respond?
5. When everyone travels to Bath to surprise the Elliots, in Chapter 22, what news do they bring?
6. At her father's gathering, describe what Anne and Frederick talk about.
7. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
8. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
9. Explain why Anne finds it hard to keep up with Lady Russell's musings about Anne's father and Elizabeth, after Anne moves to the apartments on the Kellynch grounds with her.
10. Explain what convinces Frederick to stay on in the area.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)