|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the friends the group is traveling to see?
(a) Mr. Harville
(b) Mr. Hampton
(c) Mr. Haverhill
(d) Mr. Harvey
2. Sir Elliot and __________ appear to have no respect for Anne in Chapter 1.
(a) Lady Russell
(c) Mr. Shepherd
(d) Mrs. Clay
3. Who does not approve of the navy as a profession?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Sir Elliot
(d) Mr. Shepherd
4. What happens when Anne finds out that Frederick's sister is nearby?
(a) It causes Anne to move away.
(b) It causes Anne to be scared of accidentally meeting Frederick again.
(c) It causes Anne's family to be upset.
(d) It causes Anne to think of being with Frederick again.
5. What is Mary's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Elliot's oldest daughter is which one?
2. Anne overhears Captain Wentworth tell Louisa that he prefers what sort of women?
3. Who is Miss Clay?
4. Who is consulted about the budget?
5. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's sister, Mary.
2. Explain how Anne recalls her old relationship with Frederick.
3. Explain why Admiral Croft did not need to invite Frederick to Bath.
4. Explain what Elizabeth tells Anne in a letter, in Chapter 14.
5. Explain what Anne thinks of staying at Uppercross.
6. What news does Anne receiv about Captain Benwick, in a letter from Mary and how does it make everyone feel?
7. Now that Anne and Captain Wentworth are in the same social circle, describe how they interact.
8. How does Mr. Elliot react to news of Anne and Frederick's marriage?
9. How does Lady Russell feel about Mrs. Clay going to Bath in Anne's place?
10. Describe Captain Wentworth at the end of Chapter 4.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)