|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth is shocked by __________________________.
(a) Lady Russell approving of Anne's engagement.
(b) Mr. Elliot leaving town.
(c) Anne getting married.
(d) Mrs Clay betraying her.
2. Elizabeth and Anne's father are excited about who being back in their lives?
(b) Mr. Elliot, the heir
(d) Mr. Wentworth
3. Who hopes that Mr. Elliot will marry her?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Mrs. Clay
4. Frederick and Anne run into each other and Frederick offers Anne ______________.
(a) an apple
(b) an umbrella
(c) a necklace
(d) a book
5. How does Sir Elliot feel about Captain Wentworth and Anne marrying now?
(a) He has no objections.
(b) He objects strongly.
(c) He cautions Anne against it, but allows Anne to make up her own mind.
(d) He cautions Captain Wentworth against it, but allows he and Anne to make up their own minds.
6. At the start of Chapter 17, Anne pays a visit to whom?
(a) Mrs. Smith
(b) Mrs. Harris
(c) Mrs. Jones
(d) Mrs. Woods
7. Which holiday is fast approaching in Chapter 14?
(c) New Years
8. After the concert, how does Captain Wentworth behave towards Anne?
(a) more distant than before the concert
(b) much closer than before the concert
(c) he totally ignores her
(d) the same as before the concert
9. Anne thinks that Captain Wentworth never really loved which person?
10. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
(a) a dance with Mr. Elliot
(b) a simple conversation with Captain Wentworth
(c) Captain Wentworth asking Anne to dance
(d) a drink offered to her by Mr. Elliot
11. Anne tries to find out what about her father on her second day in Bath?
(a) whether he is in debt
(b) whether he now respects Anne more
(c) whether he is in love with Mrs. Clay
(d) whether he is happy in Bath
12. Who escorts Anne for the first half of her trip home after the gathering?
(b) Captain Benwick
(c) Mr. Elliot
13. Everyone thinks that Anne is Ill after what happens?
(a) Anne runs out of the house.
(b) Anne eats a bad apple.
(c) Anne faints.
(d) Anne is shocked by a letter.
14. Lady Russell tells Anne that nothing would make her happier than to see Anne do what?
(a) become an artist
(b) marry a sailor
(c) become the next Lady Elliot to preside over Kellynch Hall
(d) stay with lady Russell forever
15. With whom does Anne think that Captain Wentworth is in love?
(b) Mrs. Clay
(d) Anne herself
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne goes for a walk with __________ who recounts the engagement to her.
2. Everyone in Captain Wentworth's group has good things to say about _________________.
3. How does Anne feel about seeing everyone again?
4. What does Anne find out was Captain Wentworth's true reason for coming to Bath?
5. Mrs. Smith also tells Anne that Mrs. Smith's brother used to do what?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)