|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Elliot married his first wife for what reason, according to Mrs. Smith?
(c) because their families forced them to
2. The letter states that Captain Benwick is to be married to which woman?
3. Anne wants to visit Lady Russell to _________________________________.
(a) tell her that Sir Elliot is ill
(b) tell her about Mr. Elliot's true nature
(c) tell her that Anne is moving away
(d) tell her about the engagement news
4. How does Anne feel about the way the Crofts have kept her former home?
(a) They seem to be neglecting a few things, but it looks mostly good.
(b) She has no real opinion on it.
(c) Nobody could have kept it up better.
(d) They are doing a horrible job keeping it up.
5. At the start of Chapter 17, Anne pays a visit to whom?
(a) Mrs. Jones
(b) Mrs. Harris
(c) Mrs. Woods
(d) Mrs. Smith
6. How does Sir Elliot feel about Captain Wentworth and Anne marrying now?
(a) He objects strongly.
(b) He has no objections.
(c) He cautions Captain Wentworth against it, but allows he and Anne to make up their own minds.
(d) He cautions Anne against it, but allows Anne to make up her own mind.
7. Although Elizabeth is interested in Mr. Elliot as a potential husband, in whom does Mr. Elliot seem more interested?
(a) Lady Russell
8. Lady Russell tells Anne that nothing would make her happier than to see Anne do what?
(a) become the next Lady Elliot to preside over Kellynch Hall
(b) stay with lady Russell forever
(c) marry a sailor
(d) become an artist
9. Mr. Elliot asks Anne to _____________________________.
(a) translate a French poem
(b) translate a French song
(c) translate an Italian poem
(d) translate an Italian song
10. In the final chapter, the narration changes from Anne's point of view to ___________________________.
(a) Captain Wentworth's point of view
(b) a neutral narrator
(c) Sir Elliot's point of view
(d) Lady Russell's point of view
11. From whom does the Elliot family receive an invitation?
(a) Lady Dayripple
(b) Lady Rindimple
(c) Lady Dalrymple
(d) Lady Rydell
12. After two days at Uppercross, who comes to take Anne to the apartments on the grounds at Kellynch?
(a) Mr. Croft
(b) Sir Elliot
(c) Lady Russell
(d) Mr. Wentworth
13. The Crofts expected Louisa to marry ______________.
(a) Captain Smith
(b) Mr. Elliot
(c) Captain Wentworth
(d) Sir Elliot
14. Anne apologizes to Captain Wentworth for _____________________________.
(a) being unable to marry him now
(b) breaking their engagement years ago
(c) suspecting him of lying to her
(d) lying to him
15. Mr. Elliot leaves Bath after he hears of ________________________.
(a) Sir Elliot's death
(b) Mrs. Clay is moving away
(c) Elizabeth's engagement
(d) Anne's engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. Admiral Croft finds out that Captain Wentworth is on his way _____________.
2. Anne has dreaded going _________.
3. Frederick and Anne run into each other and Frederick offers Anne ______________.
4. Mrs. Smith tells Anne that Mr. Elliot was once __________________________________.
5. Who hopes that Mr. Elliot will marry her?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)