|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Musgroves take a trip to visit __________.
(a) Captain Wentworth
2. Mrs. Smith tells Anne that Mr. Elliot was once __________________________________.
(a) a good friend of Mrs. Smith's husband
(b) married to her daughter
(c) like a son to her
(d) married to her neice
3. Admiral Croft finds out that Captain Wentworth is on his way _____________.
(a) to Kellynch hall
(b) to Uppercross
(c) to board a ship and go to sea
(d) to Bath
4. Mr. Elliot leaves Bath after he hears of ________________________.
(a) Elizabeth's engagement
(b) Mrs. Clay is moving away
(c) Sir Elliot's death
(d) Anne's engagement
5. Mary and her husband go where with Mrs. Musgrove?
(a) the mountains
(b) the seashore
(d) Kellynch Hall
6. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
(a) Anne has a stronger opinion of social standing than Mr. Elliot does.
(b) Mr. Elliot has a stronger opinion of social standing than Anne does.
(c) They both enjoy literature.
(d) They have opposing views on literature.
7. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
(a) a dance with Mr. Elliot
(b) a simple conversation with Captain Wentworth
(c) Captain Wentworth asking Anne to dance
(d) a drink offered to her by Mr. Elliot
8. The Crofts announce that they are going away for how long?
(a) a week
(b) a few months
(c) a few weeks
(d) a month
9. Sir Elliot gives whom an unusual compliment later the day that Mrs. Clay tries to leave?
(c) Mrs. Clay
(d) Lady Russell
10. Everyone in Captain Wentworth's group has good things to say about _________________.
(c) Captain Wentworth
(d) Mr. Elliot
11. How does Anne feel about seeing everyone again?
(a) She wishes that Captain Benwick hadn't come
(b) She wishes that Henrietta had not come.
(c) She is overwhelmed by the large crowd.
(d) She is excited and happy.
12. Anne has dreaded going _________.
(a) to Bath
(b) to Uppercross
(c) to visit Captain Benwick
(d) to Kellynch
13. Anne tries to find out what about her father on her second day in Bath?
(a) whether he is in debt
(b) whether he is in love with Mrs. Clay
(c) whether he is happy in Bath
(d) whether he now respects Anne more
14. Who has to reconcile herself to the fact that she judged Captain Wentworth wrongly?
(a) Mrs. Clay
(c) Lady Russell
15. At the start of Chapter 17, Anne pays a visit to whom?
(a) Mrs. Harris
(b) Mrs. Jones
(c) Mrs. Woods
(d) Mrs. Smith
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the Crofts are going away, Anne will not have to worry about seeing whom at Kellynch?
2. What does Elizabeth now think of Captain Wentworth?
3. Anne wants to visit Lady Russell to _________________________________.
4. The letter states that Captain Benwick is to be married to which woman?
5. Mr. Elliot married his first wife for what reason, according to Mrs. Smith?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)