|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Hamilton is the former name of which person?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Mrs. Smith
(c) Mrs. Musgrove
(d) Mrs. Clay
2. Who arrives to escort Anne back from the rainy walk?
(a) Sir Elliot
(b) Captain Benwick
(d) Mr. Elliot
3. Captain Benwick intends to call on whom soon, according to Charles?
(c) Captain Wentworth
4. How does Anne feel about the way the Crofts have kept her former home?
(a) Nobody could have kept it up better.
(b) They seem to be neglecting a few things, but it looks mostly good.
(c) They are doing a horrible job keeping it up.
(d) She has no real opinion on it.
5. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
(a) They both enjoy literature.
(b) Anne has a stronger opinion of social standing than Mr. Elliot does.
(c) They have opposing views on literature.
(d) Mr. Elliot has a stronger opinion of social standing than Anne does.
6. Mr. Elliot asks Anne to _____________________________.
(a) translate an Italian song
(b) translate a French poem
(c) translate an Italian poem
(d) translate a French song
7. What does Anne find out was Captain Wentworth's true reason for coming to Bath?
(a) to see Elizabeth
(b) to see Anne
(c) to escape a bad relationship
(d) to conduct business
8. Mary and her husband go where with Mrs. Musgrove?
(a) Kellynch Hall
(b) the seashore
(d) the mountains
9. Mrs. Smith tells Anne that Mr. Elliot was once __________________________________.
(a) like a son to her
(b) married to her daughter
(c) a good friend of Mrs. Smith's husband
(d) married to her neice
10. Admiral Croft finds out that Captain Wentworth is on his way _____________.
(a) to board a ship and go to sea
(b) to Bath
(c) to Uppercross
(d) to Kellynch hall
11. Mr. Elliot leaves Bath after he hears of ________________________.
(a) Mrs. Clay is moving away
(b) Anne's engagement
(c) Sir Elliot's death
(d) Elizabeth's engagement
12. In the final chapter, the narration changes from Anne's point of view to ___________________________.
(a) Sir Elliot's point of view
(b) Captain Wentworth's point of view
(c) a neutral narrator
(d) Lady Russell's point of view
13. Admiral Croft asks Anne if she thinks it is a good idea to invite which person to Bath?
(b) Captain Wentworth
(c) Captain Benwick
14. Lady Russell tells Anne that nothing would make her happier than to see Anne do what?
(a) stay with lady Russell forever
(b) become the next Lady Elliot to preside over Kellynch Hall
(c) become an artist
(d) marry a sailor
15. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
(a) a drink offered to her by Mr. Elliot
(b) a dance with Mr. Elliot
(c) Captain Wentworth asking Anne to dance
(d) a simple conversation with Captain Wentworth
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth is shocked by __________________________.
2. Who does not like Captain Benwick?
3. Henrietta is now ___________________________.
4. Mrs. Smith also tells Anne that Mrs. Smith's brother used to do what?
5. The Crofts announce that they are going away for how long?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)