|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary and her husband go where with Mrs. Musgrove?
(a) the seashore
(b) Kellynch Hall
(c) the mountains
2. The Crofts announce that they are going away for how long?
(a) a few months
(b) a week
(c) a few weeks
(d) a month
3. Anne thinks that Captain Wentworth never really loved which person?
4. Admiral Croft asks Anne if she thinks it is a good idea to invite which person to Bath?
(a) Captain Wentworth
(c) Captain Benwick
5. After a few days, Lady Russell and Anne call on whom?
(a) Captain Wentworth
(b) Charles and Marry
(d) the Crofts
6. With whom does Anne think that Captain Wentworth is in love?
(a) Anne herself
(c) Mrs. Clay
7. How does Anne feel about the way the Crofts have kept her former home?
(a) They are doing a horrible job keeping it up.
(b) They seem to be neglecting a few things, but it looks mostly good.
(c) Nobody could have kept it up better.
(d) She has no real opinion on it.
8. From whom does the Elliot family receive an invitation?
(a) Lady Rindimple
(b) Lady Rydell
(c) Lady Dalrymple
(d) Lady Dayripple
9. Anne has dreaded going _________.
(a) to Uppercross
(b) to Kellynch
(c) to Bath
(d) to visit Captain Benwick
10. What does Anne find out was Captain Wentworth's true reason for coming to Bath?
(a) to escape a bad relationship
(b) to see Elizabeth
(c) to conduct business
(d) to see Anne
11. Captain Wentworth places what object in front of Anne?
(a) a letter
(b) a piece of cake
(c) a book
(d) a rose
12. Anne's father and sister disapprove of her going to see __________ instead of accepting the invitation from the royal cousin.
(a) Mrs. Smith
(b) Lady Russell
(d) Captain Wentworth
13. Anne apologizes to Captain Wentworth for _____________________________.
(a) lying to him
(b) breaking their engagement years ago
(c) suspecting him of lying to her
(d) being unable to marry him now
14. Mr. Elliot asks Anne to _____________________________.
(a) translate an Italian poem
(b) translate a French poem
(c) translate a French song
(d) translate an Italian song
15. Lady Russell strongly approves of whom?
(a) Sir Elliot
(b) Mr. Elliot
(d) Mrs. Clay
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Russell tells Anne that which person could not stop talking about Anne at the gathering?
2. Anne goes for a walk with __________ who recounts the engagement to her.
3. Mrs. Smith tells Anne that Mr. Elliot was once __________________________________.
4. Mr. Elliot leaves Bath after he hears of ________________________.
5. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)