|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederick and Anne run into each other and Frederick offers Anne ______________.
(a) an umbrella
(b) a book
(c) an apple
(d) a necklace
2. Who is mourning the death of his fiancé?
(a) Captain Benwick
(b) Sir William Elliot
(c) Captain Wentworth
(d) Sir Walter Elliot
3. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
(a) a dance with Mr. Elliot
(b) Captain Wentworth asking Anne to dance
(c) a drink offered to her by Mr. Elliot
(d) a simple conversation with Captain Wentworth
4. What are Mr. Elliot's feelings about Mrs. Clay?
(a) He likes her well enough.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He is indifferent to her.
(d) He does not like her very much.
5. The Crofts announce that they are going away for how long?
(a) a month
(b) a week
(c) a few weeks
(d) a few months
6. Anne denies what, when questioned by Mrs. Smith?
(a) Anne and Captain Wentworth intend to marry.
(b) Anne has turned down Captain Wentworth again.
(c) Anne has turned down Mr. Elliot's proposal
(d) Anne and Mr. Elliot intend to marry.
7. What does Elizabeth interrupt the gathering to do?
(a) ask to speak to Henrietta privately
(b) announce her engagement
(c) invite everyone to a gathering at her house
(d) ask to speak to Anne privately
8. Who tells SIr Elliot and Elizabeth that they will soon leave?
(b) Mr. Elliot
(c) Lady Russell
(d) Mrs. Clay
9. Admiral Croft finds out that Captain Wentworth is on his way _____________.
(a) to Kellynch hall
(b) to Bath
(c) to Uppercross
(d) to board a ship and go to sea
10. Who arrives to escort Anne back from the rainy walk?
(a) Sir Elliot
(b) Mr. Elliot
(c) Captain Benwick
11. Anne has dreaded going _________.
(a) to Kellynch
(b) to Bath
(c) to visit Captain Benwick
(d) to Uppercross
12. The day after the concert Anne visits which person?
(a) Captain Wentworth
(b) Mrs. Smith
(c) Mr. Elliot
(d) Mrs. Croft
13. How does Sir Elliot feel about Captain Wentworth and Anne marrying now?
(a) He cautions Anne against it, but allows Anne to make up her own mind.
(b) He objects strongly.
(c) He cautions Captain Wentworth against it, but allows he and Anne to make up their own minds.
(d) He has no objections.
14. The Crofts expected Louisa to marry ______________.
(a) Mr. Elliot
(b) Captain Wentworth
(c) Sir Elliot
(d) Captain Smith
15. Mrs. Smith tells Anne that Mr. Elliot was once __________________________________.
(a) a good friend of Mrs. Smith's husband
(b) married to her neice
(c) married to her daughter
(d) like a son to her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Anne for the first half of her trip home after the gathering?
2. Miss Hamilton is the former name of which person?
3. Sir Elliot gives whom an unusual compliment later the day that Mrs. Clay tries to leave?
4. Admiral Croft asks Anne if she thinks it is a good idea to invite which person to Bath?
5. How does Anne feel about seeing everyone again?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)