|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Musgroves take a trip to visit __________.
(b) Captain Wentworth
2. Anne tries to find out what about her father on her second day in Bath?
(a) whether he now respects Anne more
(b) whether he is in love with Mrs. Clay
(c) whether he is happy in Bath
(d) whether he is in debt
3. Admiral Croft finds out that Captain Wentworth is on his way _____________.
(a) to Kellynch hall
(b) to Uppercross
(c) to board a ship and go to sea
(d) to Bath
4. Anne wants to visit Lady Russell to _________________________________.
(a) tell her about Mr. Elliot's true nature
(b) tell her that Sir Elliot is ill
(c) tell her about the engagement news
(d) tell her that Anne is moving away
5. What does Elizabeth now think of Captain Wentworth?
(a) She thinks he is a liar and a thief.
(b) He seems like a person she should get to know.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is in love with him.
6. Anne goes for a walk with __________ who recounts the engagement to her.
(a) Admiral Croft
(b) Lady Russell
(c) Mr. Wentworth
(d) Mrs. Croft
7. Mrs. Smith also tells Anne that Mrs. Smith's brother used to do what?
(a) help Mr. Elliot financially
(b) hate Mr. Elliot
(c) fish with Mr. Elliot
(d) play cards with Mr. Elliot
8. Mr. Elliot leaves Bath after he hears of ________________________.
(a) Elizabeth's engagement
(b) Anne's engagement
(c) Sir Elliot's death
(d) Mrs. Clay is moving away
9. Who has to reconcile herself to the fact that she judged Captain Wentworth wrongly?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Mrs. Clay
10. Anne apologizes to Captain Wentworth for _____________________________.
(a) lying to him
(b) suspecting him of lying to her
(c) breaking their engagement years ago
(d) being unable to marry him now
11. Elizabeth and Anne's father are excited about who being back in their lives?
(a) Mr. Wentworth
(b) Mr. Elliot, the heir
12. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
(a) Captain Wentworth asking Anne to dance
(b) a drink offered to her by Mr. Elliot
(c) a simple conversation with Captain Wentworth
(d) a dance with Mr. Elliot
13. What does Anne find out was Captain Wentworth's true reason for coming to Bath?
(a) to see Elizabeth
(b) to conduct business
(c) to see Anne
(d) to escape a bad relationship
14. Miss Hamilton is the former name of which person?
(a) Mrs. Musgrove
(b) Mrs. Clay
(c) Lady Russell
(d) Mrs. Smith
15. To what does Mrs. Smith tells Anne that Mr. Elliot led her family?
(b) good health
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Russell tells Anne that nothing would make her happier than to see Anne do what?
2. How does Sir Elliot feel about Captain Wentworth and Anne marrying now?
3. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
4. After the concert, how does Captain Wentworth behave towards Anne?
5. Captain Wentworth's group sees that Mr. Elliot fancies __________.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)