|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hopes that Mr. Elliot will marry her?
(a) Mrs. Clay
(c) Lady Russell
2. Anne tries to find out what about her father on her second day in Bath?
(a) whether he now respects Anne more
(b) whether he is in love with Mrs. Clay
(c) whether he is happy in Bath
(d) whether he is in debt
3. Everyone thinks that Anne is Ill after what happens?
(a) Anne runs out of the house.
(b) Anne is shocked by a letter.
(c) Anne eats a bad apple.
(d) Anne faints.
4. How does Anne feel about seeing everyone again?
(a) She is overwhelmed by the large crowd.
(b) She wishes that Captain Benwick hadn't come
(c) She is excited and happy.
(d) She wishes that Henrietta had not come.
5. After two days at Uppercross, who comes to take Anne to the apartments on the grounds at Kellynch?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Mr. Wentworth
(c) Mr. Croft
(d) Sir Elliot
6. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
(a) They have opposing views on literature.
(b) Anne has a stronger opinion of social standing than Mr. Elliot does.
(c) Mr. Elliot has a stronger opinion of social standing than Anne does.
(d) They both enjoy literature.
7. From whom does the Elliot family receive an invitation?
(a) Lady Rindimple
(b) Lady Rydell
(c) Lady Dalrymple
(d) Lady Dayripple
8. Anne apologizes to Captain Wentworth for _____________________________.
(a) suspecting him of lying to her
(b) being unable to marry him now
(c) lying to him
(d) breaking their engagement years ago
9. What does Elizabeth now think of Captain Wentworth?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She thinks he is a liar and a thief.
(d) He seems like a person she should get to know.
10. Anne denies what, when questioned by Mrs. Smith?
(a) Anne has turned down Captain Wentworth again.
(b) Anne and Mr. Elliot intend to marry.
(c) Anne and Captain Wentworth intend to marry.
(d) Anne has turned down Mr. Elliot's proposal
11. Mr. Elliot married his first wife for what reason, according to Mrs. Smith?
(a) because their families forced them to
12. Who do Charles and Mary call on soon after their return?
(a) the Crofts
(b) Captain Wentworth
(c) Anne and Lady Russell
13. Anne wants to visit Lady Russell to _________________________________.
(a) tell her about Mr. Elliot's true nature
(b) tell her about the engagement news
(c) tell her that Sir Elliot is ill
(d) tell her that Anne is moving away
14. The Musgroves take a trip to visit __________.
(d) Captain Wentworth
15. Everyone in Captain Wentworth's group has good things to say about _________________.
(a) Captain Wentworth
(c) Mr. Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. Admiral Croft finds out that Captain Wentworth is on his way _____________.
2. Anne has not thought much of whom while at Uppercross?
3. The day after the concert Anne visits which person?
4. With whom does Anne think that Captain Wentworth is in love?
5. Who does not like Captain Benwick?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)