|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Russell strongly approves of whom?
(a) Mrs. Clay
(b) Mr. Elliot
(d) Sir Elliot
2. How does Anne feel about the way the Crofts have kept her former home?
(a) They are doing a horrible job keeping it up.
(b) They seem to be neglecting a few things, but it looks mostly good.
(c) She has no real opinion on it.
(d) Nobody could have kept it up better.
3. The day after the concert Anne visits which person?
(a) Mrs. Smith
(b) Captain Wentworth
(c) Mrs. Croft
(d) Mr. Elliot
4. What surprising reaction to Anne's father and sister have over her arrival?
(a) They ask her to stay at the house while they go on a trip.
(b) They seem indifferent.
(c) They are happy to see her.
(d) They ask her to leave.
5. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
(a) Anne has a stronger opinion of social standing than Mr. Elliot does.
(b) Mr. Elliot has a stronger opinion of social standing than Anne does.
(c) They both enjoy literature.
(d) They have opposing views on literature.
6. For the first time, Captain Wentworth seems to show what emotion regarding Anne?
(a) the hope that he and Anne may reunite
(b) sadness that there is no hope for them to reunite
(c) gladness that Anne is moving on with her life
(d) jealousy over Mr. Elliot's escorting Anne home
7. The Musgroves take a trip to visit __________.
(a) Captain Wentworth
8. Mr. Elliot married his first wife for what reason, according to Mrs. Smith?
(d) because their families forced them to
9. Anne goes for a walk with __________ who recounts the engagement to her.
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Mrs. Croft
(c) Admiral Croft
(d) Mr. Wentworth
10. What are Mr. Elliot's feelings about Mrs. Clay?
(a) He likes her well enough.
(b) He is indifferent to her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He does not like her very much.
11. After the concert, how does Captain Wentworth behave towards Anne?
(a) the same as before the concert
(b) much closer than before the concert
(c) more distant than before the concert
(d) he totally ignores her
12. Mrs. Smith also tells Anne that Mrs. Smith's brother used to do what?
(a) help Mr. Elliot financially
(b) hate Mr. Elliot
(c) play cards with Mr. Elliot
(d) fish with Mr. Elliot
13. Anne has not thought much of whom while at Uppercross?
(b) Lady Russell
(c) Captain Wentworth
(d) her father and Elizabeth
14. Mary and her husband go where with Mrs. Musgrove?
(a) Kellynch Hall
(b) the seashore
(c) the mountains
15. With whom does Anne think that Captain Wentworth is in love?
(b) Anne herself
(d) Mrs. Clay
Short Answer Questions
1. The letter states that Captain Benwick is to be married to which woman?
2. Sir Elliot gives whom an unusual compliment later the day that Mrs. Clay tries to leave?
3. Anne has dreaded going _________.
4. Mr. Elliot leaves Bath after he hears of ________________________.
5. Anne denies what, when questioned by Mrs. Smith?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)