|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Anne and Mr. Elliot to have thoughtful discussions.
(a) Anne has a stronger opinion of social standing than Mr. Elliot does.
(b) They have opposing views on literature.
(c) Mr. Elliot has a stronger opinion of social standing than Anne does.
(d) They both enjoy literature.
2. The Crofts expected Louisa to marry ______________.
(a) Captain Wentworth
(b) Sir Elliot
(c) Captain Smith
(d) Mr. Elliot
3. Lady Russell strongly approves of whom?
(a) Sir Elliot
(c) Mrs. Clay
(d) Mr. Elliot
4. The day after the concert Anne visits which person?
(a) Mrs. Croft
(b) Captain Wentworth
(c) Mr. Elliot
(d) Mrs. Smith
5. Which holiday is fast approaching in Chapter 14?
(c) New Years
6. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
(a) Captain Wentworth asking Anne to dance
(b) a drink offered to her by Mr. Elliot
(c) a simple conversation with Captain Wentworth
(d) a dance with Mr. Elliot
7. Mr. Elliot told everyone he would be out of town for ______________ but is spotted outside talking to Mrs. Clay?
(b) to visit a sick friend
(c) to visit his cousin
(d) for a vacation
8. At the start of Chapter 17, Anne pays a visit to whom?
(a) Mrs. Smith
(b) Mrs. Woods
(c) Mrs. Harris
(d) Mrs. Jones
9. Anne denies what, when questioned by Mrs. Smith?
(a) Anne and Captain Wentworth intend to marry.
(b) Anne and Mr. Elliot intend to marry.
(c) Anne has turned down Captain Wentworth again.
(d) Anne has turned down Mr. Elliot's proposal
10. Mr. Elliot leaves Bath after he hears of ________________________.
(a) Sir Elliot's death
(b) Elizabeth's engagement
(c) Mrs. Clay is moving away
(d) Anne's engagement
11. Who is mourning the death of his fiancé?
(a) Sir Walter Elliot
(b) Sir William Elliot
(c) Captain Benwick
(d) Captain Wentworth
12. Captain Wentworth places what object in front of Anne?
(a) a letter
(b) a book
(c) a rose
(d) a piece of cake
13. Frederick and Anne run into each other and Frederick offers Anne ______________.
(a) a necklace
(b) an umbrella
(c) an apple
(d) a book
14. Who tells SIr Elliot and Elizabeth that they will soon leave?
(b) Mr. Elliot
(c) Lady Russell
(d) Mrs. Clay
15. Lady Russell tells Anne that nothing would make her happier than to see Anne do what?
(a) become the next Lady Elliot to preside over Kellynch Hall
(b) marry a sailor
(c) stay with lady Russell forever
(d) become an artist
Short Answer Questions
1. After two days at Uppercross, who comes to take Anne to the apartments on the grounds at Kellynch?
2. How does Anne feel about seeing everyone again?
3. Mary and her husband go where with Mrs. Musgrove?
4. What does Anne find out was Captain Wentworth's true reason for coming to Bath?
5. Elizabeth is shocked by __________________________.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)