• Sir Walter Elliot, whose wife died 13 years ago, is introduced.
• Sir Elliot's favorite book is his family history.
• Sir Elliot has three daughters, Elizabeth, Anne and Mary
• Elizabeth is Sir Elliot's favorite and he feels that Mary married well.
• Sir Elliot cares little for Anne, but their neighbor, Lady Russell, cares for her a great deal.
• Elizabeth has filled the role of lady of the house since her mother passed away.
• Even though Elizabeth is 29, Sir Elliot feels that she will marry well.
• Elizabeth had been engaged when she was younger, but her suitor married someone else. He is now a widower.
• The family has been in financial trouble since Sir Elliot's wife died.
• The family calls on their neighbors, Lady Russell and Mr. Shepherd, for advice about the financial matters.
• Lady Russell writes up a budget for the family.
• Lady Russell consults Anne about the...
This section contains 3,143 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)