Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Sir Walter Elliot, whose wife died 13 years ago, is introduced.
* Sir Elliot's favorite book is his family history.
* Sir Elliot has three daughters, Elizabeth, Anne and Mary
* Elizabeth is Sir Elliot's favorite and he feels that Mary married well.
* Sir Elliot cares little for Anne, but their neighbor, Lady Russell, cares for her a...
This section contains 3,443 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)