|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the old Pegasus Bridge replaced?
2. How long after the capture of the bridges did Howard anticipate the paratroopers would start to land according to Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026-0600 Hours?
3. How many complete glider groups were present when Howard called for a platoon leader meeting?
4. Who attended the celebrations for the capture of the Pegasus bridge prior to 1984 according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
5. Who lit flares to guide the paratroopers to their drop zones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the display lead the Germans to believe in Chapter 6?
2. Why were Howard's platoons repositioned?
3. What did Howard turn his attention toward at the beginning of Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026 - 0600 Hours?
4. What happened when the Warwickshire Regiment arrived?
5. What did the paratroopers think according to Ambrose?
6. Why did the Gondres spend the night in the cellar, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
7. Why did the British forces go into defensive mode in Chapter 9, D-Day Plus One to D-Day Plus Ninety?
8. What did von Luck want to do according to Chapter 6?
9. What happened to the Germans found not sleeping in tunnels?
10. Why was the Pegasus Bridge eventually replaced according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the leadership abilities, including training and planning between Howard and that of a Nazi, such as Von Luck. Use examples from the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of capturing Pegasus Bridge and what it prevented the German Panzers from doing. Use the text and provide examples to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine mistakes or misconceptions made by the Germans as the Allies invaded and took the bridges. Discuss how this contributed to the success of the mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)