|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French do to the bridge over the canal?
2. What did Howard receive from the French after the war?
3. What happened to the Panzers as soon as they were spotted?
4. Where were the relief troops for the bridge supposed to come from?
5. What were Gardner, Bailey, Gray, and Parr trying to do at dawn on June 6th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the Warwickshire Regiment arrived?
2. Who was the first Allied soldier to be killed on D-Day?
3. What have movies depicted, according to Ambrose?
4. What happened to the Germans found not sleeping in tunnels?
5. What happened to Howard after his leave, according to Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
6. What does Ambrose say of the villages of Benouville and Ranville?
7. What did General Gale do after he arrived at 0900 hours?
8. What happened by 1800 hours according to Chapter 8, D-Day: 1200 to 2400 Hours?
9. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
10. Why was the morale of men low according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The paratroopers were further from where they were supposed to land and were disoriented when they landed since they couldn't find the church steeple. Examine the impact the paratroopers had on the Pegasus Bridge mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and compare the objectives of D-Day, including the glider operations, paratroopers, and the seaborne invasion. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Normandy was chosen as the location for the seaborne invasion and examine the reasons the area was not heavily defended by the Nazis. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)