|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
2. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
3. How far from the Pegasus Bridge did the gliders containing the Allied forced need to land according to the plan?
4. What was fired by the bridge sentry after they spotted potential paratroops?
5. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
2. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
3. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
4. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
5. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
6. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
7. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
8. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
9. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
10. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Germans did not counterattack immediately because they received conflicting information about the situation, despite having enough troops to carry out the counterattack. Examine how Howard's troops used their training to their benefit and discuss the impact of the German's decision to hold off on a counterattack.
Essay Topic 2
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
Essay Topic 3
The paratroopers were further from where they were supposed to land and were disoriented when they landed since they couldn't find the church steeple. Examine the impact the paratroopers had on the Pegasus Bridge mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)