|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hans A. Von Luck's headquarters?
2. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
3. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
4. How many men was Poett able to locate immediately after his landing?
5. Howard decided that the men from glider #2 would ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ambrose conclude about the loss of a single division?
2. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
3. What does Ambrose say of the Pegasus Bridge in the Epilogue?
4. What does Ambrose assume about the 6th Airborne in the Epilogue?
5. What did the display lead the Germans to believe in Chapter 6?
6. What happened by 1800 hours according to Chapter 8, D-Day: 1200 to 2400 Hours?
7. What did General Gale do after he arrived at 0900 hours?
8. Who renamed the canal bridge? What was the new name?
9. What did von Luck want to do according to Chapter 6?
10. What did the paratroopers think according to Ambrose?
Essay Topic 1
After Howard set up his command post by the bridge, he received report of the platoon leaders being lost. Examine the impact of the loss of the three platoon leaders and how Howard reacted to this change. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
As the D-Day invasion plans were made, it was decided that the Orne River and the Caen Canal Bridges would need to be taken intact. Examine this realization, what would happen if the bridges were blown, and how this potential issue was overcome. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of capturing Pegasus Bridge and what it prevented the German Panzers from doing. Use the text and provide examples to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)