|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the man killed in glider #2 die?
2. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
3. How many platoon leaders were out of action after securing the bridges?
4. What was Howard not allowed to do with the maps, photos, and his plan to take the bridges?
5. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
2. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
3. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
4. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
5. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
6. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
7. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
8. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
9. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
10. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the plans for the gliders were changed in the days prior to the invasion. Discuss what changes were made and what impact these changes may have had on the success of the Pegasus bridge mission. Use the text to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
Essay Topic 3
Examine mistakes or misconceptions made by the Germans as the Allies invaded and took the bridges. Discuss how this contributed to the success of the mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)