|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference between the training regiment of the men and that of the officers?
2. What made the training ground Howard and its men trained on special?
3. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
4. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
5. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the British forces go into defensive mode in Chapter 9, D-Day Plus One to D-Day Plus Ninety?
2. What does Ambrose say of the villages of Benouville and Ranville?
3. Who was the first Allied soldier to be killed on D-Day?
4. Who renamed the canal bridge? What was the new name?
5. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
6. What happened to Howard after his leave, according to Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
7. What did von Luck want to do according to Chapter 6?
8. What does Ambrose say of the Pegasus Bridge in the Epilogue?
9. What did the paratroopers think according to Ambrose?
10. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine mistakes or misconceptions made by the Germans as the Allies invaded and took the bridges. Discuss how this contributed to the success of the mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Major Schmidt and his concerns about the partisans. Examine how his concerns about the partisans rather than the Allied invasion affected the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission and examine the impact on the Germans.
Essay Topic 3
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)