|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
2. Who developed the training program of Company D?
3. What did Colonel Hans A. Von Luck command?
4. Who told Howard to developed his plan to take the bridges?
5. Howard decided that _______________ would lead the platoon across the bridge.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Howard not allowed to do?
2. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
3. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
4. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
5. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
6. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
7. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
8. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
9. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
10. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Code words and signals were used among the Allied forces to spread information about the status of the bridge. Examine the use of code words and signals and discuss how these benefited or did not benefit Allied advancement in the early hours of the Allied invasion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of capturing Pegasus Bridge and what it prevented the German Panzers from doing. Use the text and provide examples to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the leadership abilities, including training and planning between Howard and that of a Nazi, such as Von Luck. Use examples from the text to support your comparison.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)