|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was issued to the men of Company D on May 29, 1944?
2. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
3. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
4. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
5. What made the training ground Howard and its men trained on special?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
2. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
3. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
4. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
5. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
6. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
7. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
8. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
9. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
10. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
Essay Topic 2
Reconnaissance photos and topographical reports helped Howard plan for the capture of the bridges. Discuss the significance of these intelligence reports in how the men were trained and how Howard developed his plans. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Company D was given a three day exercise in capturing and holding bridges. Examine the significance of this three day exercise, using the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)