|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the 3rd Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
2. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
3. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
4. How many men was Poett able to locate immediately after his landing?
5. Who was Von Luck commanding officer in 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
2. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
3. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
4. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
5. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
6. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
7. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
8. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
9. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
10. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As of 1942, the Germans and Japanese seemed triumphant in most parts of the world. Discuss how the war was going for the Allies up until 1942 and analyze the shift in planning made by the Allies. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the plans for the gliders were changed in the days prior to the invasion. Discuss what changes were made and what impact these changes may have had on the success of the Pegasus bridge mission. Use the text to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Operation Goodwood was an attack launched in July, 1944, when Montgomery tried to break through to Caen then to Paris. Discuss the objectives of Operation Goodwood, how it was held off, and what effort was made to complete the operation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your conclusions.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)