|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard decided the men from glider #3 would ____________.
2. What was the name of the local resistance leader?
3. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
4. To whom did Georges and Theresa Gondree provide information?
5. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
3. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
4. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
5. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
6. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
7. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
8. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
9. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
10. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the D-Day invasion plans were made, it was decided that the Orne River and the Caen Canal Bridges would need to be taken intact. Examine this realization, what would happen if the bridges were blown, and how this potential issue was overcome. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
As of 1942, the Germans and Japanese seemed triumphant in most parts of the world. Discuss how the war was going for the Allies up until 1942 and analyze the shift in planning made by the Allies. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Reconnaissance photos and topographical reports helped Howard plan for the capture of the bridges. Discuss the significance of these intelligence reports in how the men were trained and how Howard developed his plans. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)