Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was fired by the bridge sentry after they spotted potential paratroops?
2. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
3. What division was Von Luck commanding in the fall of 1943?
4. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
5. Who developed the training program of Company D?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
2. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
3. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
4. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
5. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
6. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
7. Why did the Gondres spend the night in the cellar, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
8. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
9. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
10. What does Ambrose say of the Pegasus Bridge in the Epilogue?
After Howard set up his command post by the bridge, he received report of the platoon leaders being lost. Examine the impact of the loss of the three platoon leaders and how Howard reacted to this change. Use the text to support your discussion.
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
As of 1942, the Germans and Japanese seemed triumphant in most parts of the world. Discuss how the war was going for the Allies up until 1942 and analyze the shift in planning made by the Allies. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)