|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was fired by the bridge sentry after they spotted potential paratroops?
2. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
3. What division was Von Luck commanding in the fall of 1943?
4. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
5. Who developed the training program of Company D?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
2. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
3. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
4. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
5. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
6. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
7. Why did the Gondres spend the night in the cellar, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
8. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
9. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
10. What does Ambrose say of the Pegasus Bridge in the Epilogue?
Essay Topic 1
The paratroopers were further from where they were supposed to land and were disoriented when they landed since they couldn't find the church steeple. Examine the impact the paratroopers had on the Pegasus Bridge mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
After Howard set up his command post by the bridge, he received report of the platoon leaders being lost. Examine the impact of the loss of the three platoon leaders and how Howard reacted to this change. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Reconnaissance photos and topographical reports helped Howard plan for the capture of the bridges. Discuss the significance of these intelligence reports in how the men were trained and how Howard developed his plans. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,436 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)