|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Von Luck commanding officer in 1942?
2. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
3. What did Howard know about the Gondrees?
4. Who developed the training program of Company D?
5. Where was the 6th Airborne stationed in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
2. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
3. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
4. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
5. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
6. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
7. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
8. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
9. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
10. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Epilogue, the editor examines the full significance of the Pegasus Bridge mission, stating that the full significance could only have been known if Company D had failed. Using the text and secondary sources to support your conclusion, either agree or disagree with the conclusions drawn by Ambrose.
Essay Topic 2
The Resistance had a crucial role in helping the Allies make plans to train soldiers and advance. Discuss the role of the Resistance, including the Gondrees and examine the advantages and disadvantages of using intelligence from those in the Resistance. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)