|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
2. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
3. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
4. How did the man killed in glider #2 die?
5. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
2. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
3. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
4. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
5. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
6. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
7. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
8. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
9. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
10. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Major Schmidt and his concerns about the partisans. Examine how his concerns about the partisans rather than the Allied invasion affected the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission and examine the impact on the Germans.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the plans for the gliders were changed in the days prior to the invasion. Discuss what changes were made and what impact these changes may have had on the success of the Pegasus bridge mission. Use the text to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
As the D-Day invasion plans were made, it was decided that the Orne River and the Caen Canal Bridges would need to be taken intact. Examine this realization, what would happen if the bridges were blown, and how this potential issue was overcome. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)