|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
2. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
3. How did the man killed in glider #2 die?
4. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
5. How was the Allied war effort going in 1942, according to the start of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to von Luck?
3. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
4. Why were the paratroopers disoriented when they landed, according to Ambrose?
5. Who was the first Allied soldier to be killed on D-Day?
6. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
7. What does Ambrose assume about the 6th Airborne in the Epilogue?
8. Why did the Gondres spend the night in the cellar, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
9. Why did the British forces go into defensive mode in Chapter 9, D-Day Plus One to D-Day Plus Ninety?
10. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of capturing Pegasus Bridge and what it prevented the German Panzers from doing. Use the text and provide examples to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the leadership abilities, including training and planning between Howard and that of a Nazi, such as Von Luck. Use examples from the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 3
Some of the plans for the gliders were changed in the days prior to the invasion. Discuss what changes were made and what impact these changes may have had on the success of the Pegasus bridge mission. Use the text to support your analysis.
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)