|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
2. What was issued to the men of Company D on May 29, 1944?
3. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
4. What rank did Hans Schmidt hold in June,1944?
5. How many fatalities were there because of the landing in glider #1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
2. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
3. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
4. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
5. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
6. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
7. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
8. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
9. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
10. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Company D was given a three day exercise in capturing and holding bridges. Examine the significance of this three day exercise, using the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Examine mistakes or misconceptions made by the Germans as the Allies invaded and took the bridges. Discuss how this contributed to the success of the mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Reconnaissance photos and topographical reports helped Howard plan for the capture of the bridges. Discuss the significance of these intelligence reports in how the men were trained and how Howard developed his plans. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)