|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard decided that _______________ would lead the platoon across the bridge.
2. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
3. When did Company D's glider take off?
4. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
5. What did Howard know about the Gondrees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
2. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
3. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
4. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
5. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
6. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
7. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
8. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
9. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
10. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Company D was given a three day exercise in capturing and holding bridges. Examine the significance of this three day exercise, using the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
The Resistance had a crucial role in helping the Allies make plans to train soldiers and advance. Discuss the role of the Resistance, including the Gondrees and examine the advantages and disadvantages of using intelligence from those in the Resistance. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Major Schmidt and his concerns about the partisans. Examine how his concerns about the partisans rather than the Allied invasion affected the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission and examine the impact on the Germans.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)