|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 6th Airborne slated to deploy during the invasion?
2. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
3. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
4. Where was Brotheridge hit?
5. How did the man killed in glider #2 die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
2. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
3. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
4. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
5. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
6. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
7. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
8. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
9. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
10. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Germans did not counterattack immediately because they received conflicting information about the situation, despite having enough troops to carry out the counterattack. Examine how Howard's troops used their training to their benefit and discuss the impact of the German's decision to hold off on a counterattack.
Essay Topic 2
The paratroopers were further from where they were supposed to land and were disoriented when they landed since they couldn't find the church steeple. Examine the impact the paratroopers had on the Pegasus Bridge mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
After Howard set up his command post by the bridge, he received report of the platoon leaders being lost. Examine the impact of the loss of the three platoon leaders and how Howard reacted to this change. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)