|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
2. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
3. Who developed the training program of Company D?
4. What company was John Howard part of in 1942?
5. When did Brigadier Poett land in Normandy in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
2. What was Howard not allowed to do?
3. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
4. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
5. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
6. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
7. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
8. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
9. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
10. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
Essay Topic 2
The Resistance had a crucial role in helping the Allies make plans to train soldiers and advance. Discuss the role of the Resistance, including the Gondrees and examine the advantages and disadvantages of using intelligence from those in the Resistance. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the plans made for the invasion by General Frederick Morgan and General Gale and discuss the potential complications of the plan. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)