|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
2. To whom did Georges and Theresa Gondree provide information?
3. How was the Allied war effort going in 1942, according to the start of Chapter 2?
4. Where would the British infantry head according to the plan set in place for the invasion?
5. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
2. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
3. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
4. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
5. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
6. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
7. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
8. What was Howard not allowed to do?
9. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
10. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of capturing Pegasus Bridge and what it prevented the German Panzers from doing. Use the text and provide examples to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and compare the objectives of D-Day, including the glider operations, paratroopers, and the seaborne invasion. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Normandy was chosen as the location for the seaborne invasion and examine the reasons the area was not heavily defended by the Nazis. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)