|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
2. What bridges did General Gale decide should be taken intact?
3. How many fatalities were there because of the landing in glider #1?
4. Where was the 6th Airborne slated to deploy during the invasion?
5. Where would the British infantry head according to the plan set in place for the invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
2. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
3. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
4. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
5. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
6. Where was von Luck in 1942?
7. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
8. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
9. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
10. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the leadership abilities, including training and planning between Howard and that of a Nazi, such as Von Luck. Use examples from the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the plans made for the invasion by General Frederick Morgan and General Gale and discuss the potential complications of the plan. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Code words and signals were used among the Allied forces to spread information about the status of the bridge. Examine the use of code words and signals and discuss how these benefited or did not benefit Allied advancement in the early hours of the Allied invasion.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)