|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Colonel Hans A. Von Luck command?
2. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
3. When did Howard have access to the documentation concerning the plan?
4. How many fatalities were there because of the landing in glider #1?
5. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
3. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
4. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
5. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
6. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
7. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
8. Where was von Luck in 1942?
9. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
10. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the leadership abilities, including training and planning between Howard and that of a Nazi, such as Von Luck. Use examples from the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 2
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
Essay Topic 3
Examine mistakes or misconceptions made by the Germans as the Allies invaded and took the bridges. Discuss how this contributed to the success of the mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)