|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
2. Where was the 6th Airborne slated to deploy during the invasion?
3. What did Howard insist all the men in his company do?
4. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
5. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
2. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
3. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
4. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
5. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
6. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
7. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
8. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
9. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
10. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Howard was able to re-evaluate the situation and act accordingly, while Von Luck needed to await approval to re-take the bridge. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks to each situation and discuss what impact it had on the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Major Schmidt and his concerns about the partisans. Examine how his concerns about the partisans rather than the Allied invasion affected the outcome of the Pegasus Bridge mission and examine the impact on the Germans.
Essay Topic 3
The paratroopers were further from where they were supposed to land and were disoriented when they landed since they couldn't find the church steeple. Examine the impact the paratroopers had on the Pegasus Bridge mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)