|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 6th Airborne stationed in 1943?
2. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
3. What did Howard insist all the men in his company do?
4. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
5. What did Colonel Hans A. Von Luck command?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
2. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
3. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
4. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
5. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
6. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
7. Where was von Luck in 1942?
8. What was Howard not allowed to do?
9. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
10. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the leadership abilities, including training and planning between Howard and that of a Nazi, such as Von Luck. Use examples from the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the plans made for the invasion by General Frederick Morgan and General Gale and discuss the potential complications of the plan. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
After Howard set up his command post by the bridge, he received report of the platoon leaders being lost. Examine the impact of the loss of the three platoon leaders and how Howard reacted to this change. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)