|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard decided that the men from glider #2 would ________________.
2. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
3. When did Company D's glider take off?
4. What division was Von Luck commanding in the fall of 1943?
5. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
3. Why did Sweeney hear the sound of bagpipes?
4. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
5. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
6. What happened when the Warwickshire Regiment arrived?
7. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
8. Why were Howard's platoons repositioned?
9. What happened between the Germans and Howard's troops, according to Ambrose?
10. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
Essay Topic 1
As of 1942, the Germans and Japanese seemed triumphant in most parts of the world. Discuss how the war was going for the Allies up until 1942 and analyze the shift in planning made by the Allies. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Reconnaissance photos and topographical reports helped Howard plan for the capture of the bridges. Discuss the significance of these intelligence reports in how the men were trained and how Howard developed his plans. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the leadership abilities, including training and planning between Howard and that of a Nazi, such as Von Luck. Use examples from the text to support your comparison.
This section contains 1,412 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)