|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
2. Who visited Company D at the beginning of June,1944?
3. Who developed the training program of Company D?
4. Whose group landed at the river bridge?
5. What glider was Bailey in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
2. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
3. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
4. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
5. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
6. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
7. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
8. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
9. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
10. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Company D was given a three day exercise in capturing and holding bridges. Examine the significance of this three day exercise, using the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and compare the objectives of D-Day, including the glider operations, paratroopers, and the seaborne invasion. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine mistakes or misconceptions made by the Germans as the Allies invaded and took the bridges. Discuss how this contributed to the success of the mission. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)