|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role would the airborne division have during the invasion?
(a) Protect the left flank.
(b) Protect the right flank.
(c) Protect the rear.
(d) Strategic reserve.
2. When did Howard have access to the documentation concerning the plan?
(a) Whenever he wanted.
(b) During business hours.
(c) On Thursday between 5 and 6 p.m.
(d) Every week day.
3. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
(d) North Africa.
4. How many men was Poett able to locate immediately after his landing?
(a) 231 men.
(b) 20 men.
(c) 130 men.
5. What did the members of the 6th airborne know would be coming sometime?
(a) The loss of Gibraltar.
(b) The loss of Karthoum.
(c) An invasion of North Africa.
(d) A European invasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Brigadier Poett land in Normandy in Chapter 5?
2. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
3. What did Howard decide must be taken out before firing any shot?
4. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
5. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
3. Where was von Luck in 1942?
4. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
5. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
6. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
7. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
8. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
9. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
10. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)