|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the Allied war effort going in 1942, according to the start of Chapter 2?
(a) Very well in Europe, but not in the Pacific.
(b) Very well in North Africa, but not in Europe.
(c) Very well everywhere.
(d) Not well everywhere.
2. What company was John Howard part of in 1942?
(a) D Company.
(b) T Company.
(c) A Company.
(d) C Company.
3. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
(a) The men of glider #4.
(b) Howard and his platoon.
(c) The bombers towing the gliders.
(d) The men of glider #1 minus Brotheridge's platoon.
4. What skills did the training of Company D focus on?
(a) Naval warfare.
(b) Heave infantry.
(c) Tank driving.
(d) Light infantry.
5. How many men was Poett able to locate immediately after his landing?
(a) 20 men.
(b) 130 men.
(d) 231 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was fired by the bridge sentry after they spotted potential paratroops?
2. Where was the 6th Airborne slated to deploy during the invasion?
3. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
4. What direction did Poett go after landing?
5. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
2. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
3. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
4. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
5. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
6. Where was von Luck in 1942?
7. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
8. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
9. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
10. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)