|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
2. What was issued to the men of Company D on May 29, 1944?
(a) The escape aid kits.
(b) Their map of the Pegasus bridge area.
(c) Their cyanide capsule.
(d) The rifles.
3. How far from the Pegasus Bridge did the gliders containing the Allied forced need to land according to the plan?
(a) 3000 meters.
(b) 400 meters.
(c) 600 meters.
(d) 20 meters.
4. Who visited Company D at the beginning of June,1944?
(b) Montgomery and Gale.
(c) General Gale.
(d) The queen.
5. How many fatalities were there because of the landing in glider #1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Howard and the British commander do at five every evening in 1942?
2. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
3. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
4. How many divisions constituted the British airborne in 1943, according to Chapter 3?
5. What was fired by the bridge sentry after they spotted potential paratroops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
2. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
3. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
4. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
5. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
6. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
7. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
8. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
9. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
10. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)