|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank did Hans Schmidt hold in June,1944?
2. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
(a) They were shoe manufacturers.
(b) They owned a cafe.
(c) They were potato farmers.
(d) They owned a sewing shop.
3. What made the training ground Howard and its men trained on special?
(a) It had two bridges located close together.
(b) It was humid like Normandy.
(c) It was far from German air scouts.
(d) It was easy to access with tanks.
4. Howard decided that the men from glider #2 would ________________.
(a) Find the German officers.
(b) Clear the banks.
(c) Destroy the pillbox.
(d) Find the German radio.
5. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
(a) Tank corp.
(b) Counter intelligence.
(c) Airborne paratroopers.
(d) Airborne glider forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
2. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
3. Who joined the resistance in 1942?
4. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
5. What did Colonel Hans A. Von Luck command?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
2. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
3. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
4. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
5. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
6. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
7. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
8. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
9. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
10. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)