|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
(b) North Africa.
2. Who was in charge of planning the Allied invasion of Europe in 1943?
(a) General Montgomery.
(b) General Frederick Morgan.
(c) General Eisenhower.
(d) General Howard.
3. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
4. Who was on duty on the canal bridge when the gliders landed?
(d) Von Luck.
5. Who visited Company D at the beginning of June,1944?
(b) The queen.
(c) General Gale.
(d) Montgomery and Gale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
2. Who developed the training program of Company D?
3. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
4. Howard decided that the men from glider #2 would ________________.
5. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
2. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
3. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
4. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
5. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
6. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
7. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
8. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
9. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
10. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)