|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Three days.
2. What was Howard not allowed to do with the maps, photos, and his plan to take the bridges?
(a) Study them.
(b) Devise training plans from them.
(c) Sit with them at the building.
(d) Leave the building.
3. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
4. Howard decided that the men from glider #2 would ________________.
(a) Find the German officers.
(b) Find the German radio.
(c) Destroy the pillbox.
(d) Clear the banks.
5. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
2. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
3. What was issued to the men of Company D on May 29, 1944?
4. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
5. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
2. What was Howard not allowed to do?
3. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
4. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
5. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
6. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
7. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
8. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
9. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
10. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)