|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
(a) The men of glider #4.
(b) The men of glider #1 minus Brotheridge's platoon.
(c) Howard and his platoon.
(d) The bombers towing the gliders.
2. When did Company D's glider take off?
(a) June 7th at 2345 hours.
(b) June 5th at 2256 hours.
(c) June 6th at 1243 hours.
(d) June 5th at 2245 hours.
3. When did Howard receive his orders according to D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
(a) June 6, 1943.
(b) December 5, 1942.
(c) June 9, 1944.
(d) May 2, 1944.
4. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
5. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
(a) They owned a cafe.
(b) They owned a sewing shop.
(c) They were shoe manufacturers.
(d) They were potato farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language besides French did Georges speak?
2. Who joined the resistance in 1942?
3. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
4. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
5. What was Howard not allowed to do with the maps, photos, and his plan to take the bridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
2. Where was von Luck in 1942?
3. What was Howard not allowed to do?
4. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
5. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
6. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
7. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
8. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
9. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
10. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)