|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
(a) Be strong at hand combat exclusively.
(b) Report to their commanding officer before making a decision.
(c) Analyze the situation before making a decision.
(d) Think quick and be physically fit.
2. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
(a) Pas de Calais.
3. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
(b) North Africa.
4. Who was in charge of planning the Allied invasion of Europe in 1943?
(a) General Frederick Morgan.
(b) General Eisenhower.
(c) General Howard.
(d) General Montgomery.
5. Where would the British infantry head according to the plan set in place for the invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What glider was Bailey in?
2. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
3. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
4. How was the Allied war effort going in 1942, according to the start of Chapter 2?
5. What bridges did General Gale decide should be taken intact?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
3. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
4. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
5. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
6. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
7. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
8. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
9. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
10. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)