|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
(c) Pas de Calais.
2. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
(a) 0425 hours.
(b) 0015 hours.
(c) 0125 hours.
(d) 0230 hours.
3. What rank did Helmet Romer have on June 5, 1944, according to Chapter 1?
4. How did the man killed in glider #2 die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He died from a head trauma.
(d) He was shot by a German.
5. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
2. What direction did Poett go after landing?
3. What role would the airborne division have during the invasion?
4. How far from the Pegasus Bridge did the gliders containing the Allied forced need to land according to the plan?
5. How many platoon leaders were out of action after securing the bridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what endeavor was Howard instrumental?
2. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
3. What did Howard turn his attention toward at the beginning of Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026 - 0600 Hours?
4. What did the paratroopers think according to Ambrose?
5. What happened between the Germans and Howard's troops, according to Ambrose?
6. What happened to the Germans found not sleeping in tunnels?
7. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
8. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
9. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
10. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)