|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Brotheridge hit?
(a) The neck.
(b) The hand.
(c) The leg.
(d) The back.
2. How far were most of the paratroopers from the bridges after their drop?
(a) 50 Kilometers.
(b) 15 Kilometers.
(c) 36 Kilometers.
(d) 20 Kilometers.
3. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
(a) The men of glider #4.
(b) The men of glider #1 minus Brotheridge's platoon.
(c) Howard and his platoon.
(d) The bombers towing the gliders.
4. How many platoon leaders were out of action after securing the bridges?
5. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
(a) 0230 hours.
(b) 0125 hours.
(c) 0425 hours.
(d) 0015 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
2. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
3. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
4. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
5. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
2. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
3. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
4. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
5. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
6. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
7. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
8. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
9. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
10. Where was von Luck in 1942?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)