|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was issued to the men of Company D on May 29, 1944?
(a) Their map of the Pegasus bridge area.
(b) The escape aid kits.
(c) The rifles.
(d) Their cyanide capsule.
2. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
(c) Tarrant Rushton.
3. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
(a) Wallwork and Ainsworth.
(b) Howard and Wallwork.
(c) Poett and Gale.
(d) Wallwork and Poett.
4. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Ten hours.
5. What bridges did General Gale decide should be taken intact?
(a) Orne river and Caen canal bridges.
(b) The Seine bridges.
(c) The Rhone and Saone bridges.
(d) The Saone and Seine bridges.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men was Poett able to locate immediately after his landing?
2. Whom did Helmet Romer relieve?
3. What did Howard and the British commander do at five every evening in 1942?
4. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
5. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
2. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
3. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
4. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
5. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
6. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
7. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
8. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
9. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
10. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)