|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Helmet Romer relieve?
(d) Vern Bonck.
2. What did Howard and the British commander do at five every evening in 1942?
(a) Ate dinner.
(b) Chanted patriotic songs.
(c) Allowed Company D to have its evening free.
(d) Watched a war movie.
3. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
(a) Five men.
(b) Two men.
(c) Four men.
(d) Three men.
4. Howard decided that _______________ would lead the platoon across the bridge.
5. What direction did Poett go after landing?
(a) The opposite direction of the shot he heard.
(b) The direction of the shot he heard.
(c) The direction the planes flying overhead were going.
(d) The direction of Caen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Company D at the beginning of June,1944?
2. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
3. When did Company D's glider take off?
4. What did Howard know about the Gondrees?
5. Who developed the training program of Company D?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
3. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
4. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
5. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
6. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
7. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
8. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
9. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
10. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)