|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Howard know about the Gondrees?
(a) They were resistance.
(b) They were collaborators.
(c) They owned a cafe.
2. What was Howard not allowed to do with the maps, photos, and his plan to take the bridges?
(a) Sit with them at the building.
(b) Leave the building.
(c) Devise training plans from them.
(d) Study them.
3. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
4. What did Howard and the British commander do at five every evening in 1942?
(a) Allowed Company D to have its evening free.
(b) Chanted patriotic songs.
(c) Watched a war movie.
(d) Ate dinner.
5. When did Brigadier Poett land in Normandy in Chapter 5?
(a) 0026 hours.
(b) 0019 hours.
(c) 1452 hours.
(d) 0156 hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of planning the Allied invasion of Europe in 1943?
2. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
3. How many men was Poett able to locate immediately after his landing?
4. What did Howard decide must be taken out before firing any shot?
5. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
2. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
3. What does Ambrose say of the Pegasus Bridge in the Epilogue?
4. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
5. What happened between the Germans and Howard's troops, according to Ambrose?
6. What happened to Howard after his leave, according to Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
7. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
8. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
9. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
10. What happened to the Panzers as they began to move from Caen in Chapter 8, D-Day: 1200 to 2400 Hours?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)