|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Brigadier Poett land in Normandy in Chapter 5?
(a) 0156 hours
(b) 0026 hours.
(c) 1452 hours.
(d) 0019 hours.
2. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
3. Howard decided the men from glider #3 would ____________.
(a) Clear the bodies.
(b) Destroy the Benouville cafe.
(c) Interrogate German prisoners.
(d) Reinforce Brotheridge.
4. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
(a) The 8th Infantry division.
(b) The 23rd mechanized army.
(c) The 7th Para Battalion.
(d) The 1st para division.
5. Where was the 6th Airborne slated to deploy during the invasion?
(a) West of Caen.
(b) South of Lisieux.
(c) North of Bagnolet.
(d) East of the Orne River.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was most of the resistance at the Canal bridge subdued?
2. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
3. Whom did Helmet Romer relieve?
4. Who was on duty on the canal bridge when the gliders landed?
5. Who developed the training program of Company D?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
2. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
3. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
4. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
5. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
6. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
7. What was Howard not allowed to do?
8. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
9. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
10. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)