|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was fired by the bridge sentry after they spotted potential paratroops?
(a) The anti air machine gun.
(b) A warning shot.
(c) A flare.
(d) An anti tank round.
2. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
(a) Nine hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Three hours.
3. What division was Von Luck commanding in the fall of 1943?
(a) 21st Panzer Division.
(b) 43rd Grenadier division.
(c) 1st Panzer.
(d) Panzer Lehr.
4. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
(a) The 8th Infantry division.
(b) The 1st para division.
(c) The 23rd mechanized army.
(d) The 7th Para Battalion.
5. Who developed the training program of Company D?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
2. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
3. When did Company D's glider take off?
4. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
5. Who was Von Luck commanding officer in 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
2. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
3. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
4. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
5. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
6. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
7. Why did the Gondres spend the night in the cellar, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
8. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
9. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
10. What does Ambrose say of the Pegasus Bridge in the Epilogue?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)