|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard decided that _______________ would lead the platoon across the bridge.
2. What was the name of the local resistance leader?
3. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
4. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
(a) The men of glider #4.
(b) The men of glider #1 minus Brotheridge's platoon.
(c) Howard and his platoon.
(d) The bombers towing the gliders.
5. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
(a) Five days.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bailey and other men do at the bridge as the attack started?
2. What was fired by the bridge sentry after they spotted potential paratroops?
3. What did Howard and the British commander do at five every evening in 1942?
4. What company was John Howard part of in 1942?
5. What was Howard not allowed to do with the maps, photos, and his plan to take the bridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
2. Where was von Luck in 1942?
3. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
4. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
5. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
6. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
7. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
8. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
9. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
10. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)