|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Brigadier Poett land in Normandy in Chapter 5?
(a) 0026 hours.
(b) 1452 hours.
(c) 0156 hours
(d) 0019 hours.
2. Where would the 3rd Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
(a) South of the Caen Forest.
(b) North of the Caen car company headquarters.
(c) South of the Le Mesnil forest.
(d) East of the Clayton ravine.
3. What made the training ground Howard and its men trained on special?
(a) It was far from German air scouts.
(b) It had two bridges located close together.
(c) It was humid like Normandy.
(d) It was easy to access with tanks.
4. Whose group landed at the river bridge?
5. What was the name of the local resistance leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
2. Where would the British infantry head according to the plan set in place for the invasion?
3. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
4. What did Howard and the British commander do at five every evening in 1942?
5. What rank did Hans Schmidt hold in June,1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
2. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
3. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
4. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
5. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
6. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
7. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
8. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
9. Where was von Luck in 1942?
10. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)