|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language besides French did Georges speak?
2. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
3. How many divisions constituted the British airborne in 1943, according to Chapter 3?
4. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
(a) They owned a sewing shop.
(b) They were shoe manufacturers.
(c) They owned a cafe.
(d) They were potato farmers.
5. Who was Von Luck commanding officer in 1942?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far were most of the paratroopers from the bridges after their drop?
2. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
3. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
4. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
5. Where would the 3rd Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
2. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
3. What did Howard do for Company D according to Ambrose?
4. What was the plan on which General Frederick Morgan worked according to Ambrose?
5. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
6. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
7. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
8. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
9. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
10. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)