|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company was John Howard part of in 1942?
(a) D Company.
(b) C Company.
(c) A Company.
(d) T Company.
2. Where was the 6th Airborne slated to deploy during the invasion?
(a) East of the Orne River.
(b) North of Bagnolet.
(c) South of Lisieux.
(d) West of Caen.
3. Where was Hans A. Von Luck's headquarters?
4. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
5. When did Company D's glider take off?
(a) June 6th at 1243 hours.
(b) June 7th at 2345 hours.
(c) June 5th at 2256 hours.
(d) June 5th at 2245 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
2. What did the members of the 6th airborne know would be coming sometime?
3. What did Howard decide must be taken out before firing any shot?
4. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
5. What made the training ground Howard and its men trained on special?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
2. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
3. What happened at the river bridge at the start of Chapter 5?
4. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
5. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
6. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
7. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
8. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
9. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
10. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)