|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) A few seconds.
2. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
3. What division was Von Luck commanding in the fall of 1943?
(a) Panzer Lehr.
(b) 21st Panzer Division.
(c) 1st Panzer.
(d) 43rd Grenadier division.
4. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
(b) North Africa.
5. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fatalities were there because of the landing in glider #1?
2. Whose group landed at the river bridge?
3. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
4. What skills did the training of Company D focus on?
5. Who was on duty on the canal bridge when the gliders landed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
2. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
3. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
4. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
5. Where was von Luck in 1942?
6. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
7. Who ran the cafe in town, and what did the Germans not know about them?
8. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
9. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
10. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)