|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
2. What division was Von Luck commanding in the fall of 1943?
(a) 1st Panzer.
(b) 43rd Grenadier division.
(c) 21st Panzer Division.
(d) Panzer Lehr.
3. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Ten hours.
4. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
(a) The arrival of the relieving company.
(b) Brotheridge being wounded.
(c) Brotheridge being dead.
(d) The arrival of Poet.
5. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bailey and other men do at the bridge as the attack started?
2. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
3. Howard decided that _______________ would lead the platoon across the bridge.
4. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
5. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
2. What happened to Howard after his leave, according to Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
3. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
4. Who was on duty at the canal bridge, and what happened to him according to Ambrose?
5. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
6. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
7. What happened when the Warwickshire Regiment arrived?
8. What did Howard discover from the reports and photos?
9. What did the display lead the Germans to believe in Chapter 6?
10. What did Howard's assignment depend on according to Ambrose?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)