|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many platoon leaders were out of action after securing the bridges?
2. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
(a) 0125 hours.
(b) 0230 hours.
(c) 0425 hours.
(d) 0015 hours.
3. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
4. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
(a) North East of Ranville.
(b) North of Caen.
(c) East of Goutainville.
(d) South of Brequencon.
5. To whom did Georges and Theresa Gondree provide information?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Spaniards.
(c) The Allies.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
2. What was issued to the men of Company D on May 29, 1944?
3. When did Howard have access to the documentation concerning the plan?
4. How far from the Pegasus Bridge did the gliders containing the Allied forced need to land according to the plan?
5. What glider was Bailey in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the British create in 1942 according to Chapter 2, D-Day Minus Two Years?
2. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
3. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
4. Why were glider troops used according to Ambrose?
5. What was Howard not allowed to do?
6. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
7. What happened to Wallwork and Ainsworth at the start of Chapter 5, D-Day: 0016 to 0026 Hours?
8. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
9. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
10. What did Howard tell his men when Company D moved to Tarrant Rushton at the end of May?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)