|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the training ground Howard and its men trained on special?
(a) It was easy to access with tanks.
(b) It was far from German air scouts.
(c) It had two bridges located close together.
(d) It was humid like Normandy.
2. How far were most of the paratroopers from the bridges after their drop?
(a) 36 Kilometers.
(b) 20 Kilometers.
(c) 50 Kilometers.
(d) 15 Kilometers.
3. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
(a) Poett and Gale.
(b) Wallwork and Poett.
(c) Wallwork and Ainsworth.
(d) Howard and Wallwork.
4. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
(a) The arrival of Poet.
(b) Brotheridge being dead.
(c) The arrival of the relieving company.
(d) Brotheridge being wounded.
5. What information did Howard have access to?
(a) Resistance reports of the area.
(b) German forces estimates.
(c) Reconnaissance photos and topological reports of the area.
(d) German prisoner reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
2. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
3. Where was Brotheridge hit?
4. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
5. What direction did Poett go after landing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
2. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
3. What did John Howard and some from Company D volunteer for in 1942?
4. What happened by 0021 hours according to Chapter 5?
5. What happened to one of the men from glider #2?
6. Who was relieved of duty at the start at the start of Chapter 1, D-Day Minus Two Years?
7. Why were some men dropped according to Ambrose?
8. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
9. What orders did Howard receive for May 2 in D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
10. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)