|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
2. When did Brigadier Poett land in Normandy in Chapter 5?
(a) 0156 hours
(b) 1452 hours.
(c) 0019 hours.
(d) 0026 hours.
3. Who was on duty on the canal bridge when the gliders landed?
(a) Von Luck.
4. What language besides French did Georges speak?
5. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
(a) Five men.
(b) Two men.
(c) Three men.
(d) Four men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many platoon leaders were out of action after securing the bridges?
2. Who was in charge of planning the Allied invasion of Europe in 1943?
3. Whose group landed at the river bridge?
4. What role would the airborne division have during the invasion?
5. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the platoon leaders according to Ambrose?
2. What did Howard learn about the explosives, and what did he not know in Chapter 5?
3. Where was von Luck in 1942?
4. What was Major Hans Schmidt, the German commander, worried about according to Ambrose?
5. What were the code words given to those who boarded the gliders on the evening of June 5?
6. What happened to the British airborne forces in 1943 according to Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month?
7. What did Poett tell Howard according to Ambrose?
8. What was Howard doing to his men according to Ambrose and how did it end up helping them?
9. What did Howard do with his troops in Chapter 4?
10. What happened to Hickman and four of his men when they were about to drive over the bridge?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)