|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, D-Day; 0600 to 1200 Hours, pgs. 128-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
(a) Counter intelligence.
(b) Airborne paratroopers.
(c) Airborne glider forces.
(d) Tank corp.
2. How far from the Pegasus Bridge did the gliders containing the Allied forced need to land according to the plan?
(a) 3000 meters.
(b) 600 meters.
(c) 400 meters.
(d) 20 meters.
3. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
(d) North Africa.
4. What was Von Luck waiting for to counterattack with the full force of the 21st Panzer?
(a) To finish his breakfast.
(b) Permission to do so.
(c) To have an accurate picture of what was going on.
5. Who visited Company D at the beginning of June,1944?
(a) Montgomery and Gale.
(c) General Gale.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bridges did General Gale decide should be taken intact?
2. Who was the first allied soldier to die on D-Day?
3. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
4. What did Colonel Hans A. Von Luck command?
5. What did Howard and his men hear near the canal bridge?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)