|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, pgs. 97-105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
(a) Brotheridge being wounded.
(b) The arrival of the relieving company.
(c) The arrival of Poet.
(d) Brotheridge being dead.
2. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
(a) Be strong at hand combat exclusively.
(b) Report to their commanding officer before making a decision.
(c) Analyze the situation before making a decision.
(d) Think quick and be physically fit.
3. What glider was Bailey in?
(a) Glider #1.
(b) Glider #3.
(c) Glider #2.
(d) Glider #4.
4. How far were most of the paratroopers from the bridges after their drop?
(a) 15 Kilometers.
(b) 50 Kilometers.
(c) 36 Kilometers.
(d) 20 Kilometers.
5. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
(a) Poett and Gale.
(b) Wallwork and Poett.
(c) Howard and Wallwork.
(d) Wallwork and Ainsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
2. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
3. How many divisions constituted the British airborne in 1943, according to Chapter 3?
4. Whose group landed at the river bridge?
5. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)