|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, D-Day Minus One Year to D-Day Minus One Month, pgs. 46-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
(a) Tank corp.
(b) Airborne glider forces.
(c) Counter intelligence.
(d) Airborne paratroopers.
2. What did the members of the 6th airborne know would be coming sometime?
(a) A European invasion.
(b) The loss of Gibraltar.
(c) An invasion of North Africa.
(d) The loss of Karthoum.
3. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
4. Where was Hans A. Von Luck's headquarters?
5. What role would the airborne division have during the invasion?
(a) Protect the right flank.
(b) Protect the left flank.
(c) Strategic reserve.
(d) Protect the rear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many divisions constituted the British airborne in 1943, according to Chapter 3?
2. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
3. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
4. How was the Allied war effort going in 1942, according to the start of Chapter 2?
5. Who joined the resistance in 1942?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)