|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years, pgs. 164-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who relieved Company D at the end of June 6, 1944?
(a) The 2nd Mechanized Regiment.
(b) The 12th Royal Regiment.
(c) The Warwickshite Regiment.
(d) The 43rd Marine.
2. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
(a) Poett and Gale.
(b) Howard and Wallwork.
(c) Wallwork and Poett.
(d) Wallwork and Ainsworth.
3. What were Gardner, Bailey, Gray, and Parr trying to do at dawn on June 6th?
(a) Figure out how to destroy the bridge.
(b) Determine who was in charge.
(c) Figure out why the Germans did not counterattack.
(d) Figure out how to operate the German anti-tank gun.
4. Who fired the Piat weapon?
5. What did the Gondrees know about the soldiers by the bridge?
(a) They were British.
(b) They were Germans.
(c) They were American.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many divisions constituted the British airborne in 1943, according to Chapter 3?
2. Where was Hans A. Von Luck's headquarters?
3. Who held the bridges on June 6th?
4. What did the German resistance force the British troops to do in the weeks following the invasion of Europe?
5. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)