|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years, pgs. 164-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the capture of the bridges did Howard anticipate the paratroopers would start to land according to Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026-0600 Hours?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 3 hours.
2. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
3. What role would the airborne division have during the invasion?
(a) Strategic reserve.
(b) Protect the right flank.
(c) Protect the rear.
(d) Protect the left flank.
4. Why did Howard's special unit shrink after D-Day?
(a) A plane carrying part of the Company crashed.
(b) The men returned to their regular units.
(c) The men died.
(d) There were some AWOL soldiers.
5. What skills did the training of Company D focus on?
(a) Tank driving.
(b) Light infantry.
(c) Heave infantry.
(d) Naval warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was lost during the paratroop drop on June 6?
2. Who was thrown out of the cockpit by the impact during landing?
3. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
4. What was the difference between the training regiment of the men and that of the officers?
5. Who was shot in the leg trying to report the success of his mission to Howard?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)