|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, D-Day Plus One to D-Day Plus Ninety, pgs. 150-163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from the beaches did the British troops go on D-Day according to Chapter 9?
(a) Not far beyond the Pegasus bridge.
(b) To Brest.
(c) To Lisieux.
(d) 150 km from the coast.
2. What did Howard use to guide paratroopers to the bridges?
(a) A stolen machine gun.
(b) His whistle.
(c) His singing.
(d) His cricket.
3. What did the German resistance force the British troops to do in the weeks following the invasion of Europe?
(a) Choose another route to Germany.
(c) Go in defensive mode.
(d) Attack harder.
4. What did Howard know about the Gondrees?
(a) They were collaborators.
(c) They were resistance.
(d) They owned a cafe.
5. How long after the capture of the bridges did Howard anticipate the paratroopers would start to land according to Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026-0600 Hours?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many anti-tank weapons did Howard have?
2. Where did Howard figure the paratroopers would start to land after the capture of the bridges?
3. When did Poett reach the bridge?
4. Where was Von Luck's division reassigned on August 21, 1944?
5. What did Company D become after June 6?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)