|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two Vietname steal from Parham?
2. Who does Brisbey talk about throwing a robe off the end of a boat?
3. As Pavlo is lowered into his coffin, what does he suddenly realize?
4. What is the reason Pavlo says that he feels like he's nothing out of the uniform?
5. What was Ardell's second marching song about in Act 2, Part 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the non-existence of the "wounded twice rule" function as a metaphor for the nature of Pavlo's delusional belief system? Use examples to support your answer, specifically to back up the nature of Pavlo's delusional belief system.
Essay Topic 2
Identify, connect, and examine all elements of foreshadowing you can find in this play, not excluding these subjects: A) Pavlo's death (2x's) B) Pavlo's failure with women C) Pavlo's helplessness. Combine all moments of foreshadowing and use them to make your own opinions about Rabe's style and use of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
We see how both aspects to Pavlo's character, his innocence and his fear of helplessness, lead him to a re-definition of identity. Explain this is a thematically relevant aspect to his story using examples from the play.
This section contains 1,737 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)