|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier pursuing Yen in the opening scene of Act 2, Part 2?
2. Who throws the grenade that kills Pavlo?
3. What is the reason Pavlo says that he feels like he's nothing out of the uniform?
(a) Because it's his identity.
(b) Because he can't live without it.
(c) Because he's done nothing in it.
(d) Because it calls him.
4. What does Pavlo ask about Joanna while speaking with Mickey?
(a) If Mickey has seen her.
(b) If Joanna had said anything about him.
(c) If Joanna was still alive.
(d) If Mickey knew about her death,
5. What do the two Vietnamese who find Parham first do to him?
(a) Kick him.
(b) Gag him.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Ask his name.
6. Who asks Pavlo about how it feels to be a mindless robot?
(b) A girl.
7. As Pavlo is lowered into his coffin, what does he suddenly realize?
(a) That Joanna loved him.
(b) That his mother never loved him.
(c) That he can see.
(d) That he is dead.
8. In Act 2, Part 4, Ardell asks Pavlo how many times he's . . .
(a) Run away.
(b) Seen the North Star.
(c) Fought himself.
(d) Been with a woman.
9. What was Ardell's second marching song about in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) How miserable army life is.
(b) How enjoyable going home is.
(c) How tiring life is.
(d) How wonderful death is.
10. What does Tower say the enemy can do in the beginning scene of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Take a prostitute hostage and find out where you are.
(b) Torture you to get information.
(c) Brainwash soldiers into turning on their buddies.
(d) Administer drugs in your sleep.
11. According to the messenger, who wants to see Pavlo?
(a) Corporal Hendrix.
(c) Captain Miller.
12. What does Pavlo say he thinks people will think of him for taking care of dead bodies?
(a) That he's a fake.
(b) That he's crazy.
(c) That he's joking.
(d) That he's a wimp.
13. According to Mickey, what is Joanna planning to send to Pavlo?
(a) A box.
(b) A long letter.
(c) A birthday card.
(d) A Christmas card.
14. What happens to Parham as Pavlo is talking in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He has a flashback of childhood.
(b) He climbs a nearby tree.
(c) He falls into fits of laughter.
(d) He gets caught in gunfire.
15. What is the name of the Sergeant who first appears in Act 2, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Pavlo shoot the Vietnamese man?
2. Who pays Mamasan for Yen to be with Pavlo?
3. How old does Pavlo remember being while delirious?
4. How was the bed-ridden man injured?
5. What does the Captain first talk about as Mickey is preparing for a date?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)