|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo believe the Vietnamese man is carrying?
(a) A satchel.
(b) A knife.
(c) A baby.
(d) A gun.
2. What does Pavlo's mother say about Joanna over the phone?
(a) That she and Joanna are the same person.
(b) That she does not exist.
(c) That she is in Connecticut and probably pregnant.
(d) That she is pregnant with Pavlo's baby.
3. Where is Mrs. Hummel's job, where she meets Sally?
(a) In a jewelry shop.
(b) In a post office.
(c) In a department store.
(d) In a church.
4. What does Pavlo tell Ardell to do after Ardell calls him a fool?
(a) Shut up.
(b) Go away.
(c) Eat dirt.
(d) Anti up.
5. What does the Captain first talk about as Mickey is preparing for a date?
(a) The battles being fought in Vietnam.
(b) Cleaning orders for the trainees.
(c) The laziness of the trainees.
(d) The way one must use a bayonet.
6. What does Towers address the trainees about in Act 2, Part 1 upon his arrival?
(a) How to fire their weapons more quickly.
(b) The cleanliness of the toilets.
(c) How to take care of a chest wound.
(d) Their lazy attitudes.
7. How many times does Pavlo shoot the Vietnamese man?
8. What does Wall first tell Brisbey?
(a) That he is sorry for what happened.
(b) That he was looking for him.
(c) That his injuries are Wall's fault.
(d) That he is no longer on the front line.
9. Who is Pavlo crawling to in his hallucination?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
10. How old does Pavlo remember being while delirious?
11. What does Pavlo say he is happy about in relation to the bodies?
(a) That the bodies won't have to suffer anymore.
(b) That the bodies won't be abandoned.
(c) That the bodies won't have to fight anymore.
(d) That the bodies will be taken home.
12. Who does Pavlo call for when he is stabbed by the Vietnamese?
13. How does Pavlo say he feels about killing people in Act 2, Part 3.
14. What does Towers say a soldier did once after getting his rifle shot out of his hands?
(a) Lost control.
(b) Ran away from the enemy.
(c) Searched for it for hours.
(d) Fought hand to fist.
15. What weapon does Wall take out on Pavlo?
(a) A rope.
(b) A handgun.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A switchblade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Towers say one can do if lost?
2. Who throws the grenade that kills Pavlo?
3. What does Ardell say about being back home?
4. Who does Brisbey talk about throwing a robe off the end of a boat?
5. What is the name of the woman who runs the harem?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)