|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parham imagine himself doing towards the end of his life?
(a) Radioing for help.
(b) Flying home.
(c) Killing the enemy.
(d) Taking an order at a restaurant.
2. What is the name of the Sergeant who first appears in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Ardell say about the frailty of human flesh?
(a) It tears.
(b) It's not thick enough.
(c) It burns.
(d) It melts.
4. Who shouts to Pavlo from his hospital bed?
5. Where does Pavlo suffer wounds?
(a) His back.
(b) His chest.
(c) His legs.
(d) His face.
6. What is Pavlo doing when Ardell appears in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Killing the two Vietnamese.
(b) Taking a sedative.
(c) Lifting Parham's body.
(d) Screaming for Joanna.
7. How many times does Pavlo shoot the Vietnamese man?
8. What does Ardell say Pavlo can do after getting two wounds?
(a) Be moved off the front line.
(b) Spend a month in the hospital.
(c) Go home.
(d) Kill himself.
9. What is the name of the woman who runs the harem?
10. Who hangs up the phone?
(b) Pavlo's mother.
11. How does Pavlo say he feels about killing people in Act 2, Part 3.
12. How many days does Ardell say it took for Pavlo to die?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Fifteen days.
13. What does Pavlo say while he is dying?
(b) That war is fun.
(c) That war is insane.
(d) That he misses Joanna.
14. What does Pavlo say he loses his temper over in his speech in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) A letter from Pavlo's mother to him.
(b) A letter from Joanna to Pavlo.
(c) A letter from his mother to Joanna.
(d) A letter from Joanna to his mother.
15. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of while criticizing him for getting hurt by the enemy?
(a) That he is human.
(b) That he is not a captain.
(c) That he is not a corporal.
(d) That he is not a sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Pavlo remember being while delirious?
2. What weapon is Tower's instruction about to the trainees in Act 2, Part 5?
3. Who closes the lid of Pavlo's coffin?
4. What does Pavlo's mother say about Joanna over the phone?
5. What does Pavlo say Kress's uncle was executed for?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)