|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Ardell specify that Pavlo killed?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A beggar.
(c) An elderly farmer.
(d) A child.
2. What does Ardell say about the frailty of human flesh?
(a) It's not thick enough.
(b) It tears.
(c) It burns.
(d) It melts.
3. Who does Brisbey talk about throwing a robe off the end of a boat?
(a) A marine.
(b) An explorer.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A slave.
4. How old does Pavlo remember being while delirious?
5. In Act 2, Part 4, Ardell asks Pavlo how many times he's . . .
(a) Been with a woman.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fought himself.
(d) Seen the North Star.
6. What does Jones do to Yen when he brings her to meet Pavlo?
(a) He jokes about her kids.
(b) He puts her on Pavlo's lap.
(c) He orders a round for the house.
(d) He punches Pavlo in the face.
7. Who does Ardell specify didn't grieve over Pavlo's death?
8. What does Parham imagine himself doing towards the end of his life?
(a) Flying home.
(b) Taking an order at a restaurant.
(c) Killing the enemy.
(d) Radioing for help.
9. What does Mickey imply Pavlo is lying about, as he tends to do?
(a) Being in the army.
(b) Being promoted.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Having a girlfriend.
10. Where is Mrs. Hummel's job, where she meets Sally?
(a) In a jewelry shop.
(b) In a post office.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a department store.
11. What is the reason Pavlo says that he feels like he's nothing out of the uniform?
(a) Because it's his identity.
(b) Because he can't live without it.
(c) Because it calls him.
(d) Because he's done nothing in it.
12. Who asks Pavlo about how it feels to be a mindless robot?
(c) A girl.
13. What does Towers say about how to treat a weapon?
(a) That you should treat it with courage.
(b) That you should treat it like your car.
(c) That you should treat it like your pecker.
(d) That you should treat it like a woman.
14. Who hangs up the phone?
(a) Pavlo's mother.
15. How many days does Ardell say it took for Pavlo to die?
(a) Four days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Fifteen days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ardell tell Pavlo that Parham died?
2. What does Brisbey ask of Pavlo after calling him over?
3. What weapon does Wall take out on Pavlo?
4. What does Pavlo's mother say about Joanna over the phone?
5. What is the name of the soldier pursuing Yen in the opening scene of Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)