|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Wall take out on Pavlo?
(a) A switchblade.
(b) A rope.
(c) A handgun.
(d) A rifle.
2. Who does Ardell specify didn't grieve over Pavlo's death?
3. What does Parham imagine himself doing towards the end of his life?
(a) Radioing for help.
(b) Taking an order at a restaurant.
(c) Killing the enemy.
(d) Flying home.
4. Pavlo says that carrying Parham's body isn't that bad, stating that . . .
(a) He's carried bodies that have been rotting in the sun for days.
(b) Carrying Parham's body is better than carrying a Vietnamese body
(c) He's carried too many times to remember.
(d) Carrying Parham's body is an honor as opposed to carrying Kress's body.
5. How many times does Pavlo shoot the Vietnamese man?
6. What does Ardell say Pavlo can do after getting two wounds?
(a) Spend a month in the hospital.
(b) Go home.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Be moved off the front line.
7. What does Pavlo realize about the person on the other end of the phone that he previously did not know?
(a) That is is Ardell.
(b) That Joanna is dead.
(c) That Joanna does not care.
(d) That it is his mother.
8. Whom do Pavlo says also tear?
9. Where does Pavlo kick Wall?
(a) In the face.
(b) On the knee.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the groin.
10. What do the two Vietnamese who find Parham first do to him?
(a) Ask his name.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Gag him.
11. What does Pavlo claim Kress did while in the middle of a fight with him?
(a) Hugged Pavlo.
(b) Pulled a knife.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Began crying.
12. What happens to Parham as Pavlo is talking in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He falls into fits of laughter.
(b) He climbs a nearby tree.
(c) He has a flashback of childhood.
(d) He gets caught in gunfire.
13. What does Jones do to Yen when he brings her to meet Pavlo?
(a) He punches Pavlo in the face.
(b) He puts her on Pavlo's lap.
(c) He jokes about her kids.
(d) He orders a round for the house.
14. What does Pavlo's mother say about Joanna over the phone?
(a) That she is in Connecticut and probably pregnant.
(b) That she and Joanna are the same person.
(c) That she is pregnant with Pavlo's baby.
(d) That she does not exist.
15. How many days does Ardell say it took for Pavlo to die?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pavlo crawling to in his hallucination?
2. How does Ardell tell Pavlo that Parham died?
3. What was Ardell's first marching song about in Act 2, Part 5?
4. What is Parham wearing when he first enters in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of while criticizing him for getting hurt by the enemy?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)