|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Towers say a soldier did once after getting his rifle shot out of his hands?
(a) Ran away from the enemy.
(b) Lost control.
(c) Searched for it for hours.
(d) Fought hand to fist.
2. What does Tower say the enemy can do in the beginning scene of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Administer drugs in your sleep.
(b) Torture you to get information.
(c) Brainwash soldiers into turning on their buddies.
(d) Take a prostitute hostage and find out where you are.
3. Who asks Pavlo about how it feels to be a mindless robot?
(b) A girl.
4. When Pavlo first calls Joanna, what does he talk about?
(a) How much he misses her.
(b) How he wants to come home.
(c) How he thinks she's cheating on him.
(d) A creature in his chest.
5. Whom did Ardell specify that Pavlo killed?
(a) An elderly farmer.
(b) A child.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A beggar.
6. Pavlo explains that he wants to be a soldier more than . . .
(a) Having Joanna.
(c) Having a family.
(d) Growing old.
7. Whose unit is Wall from?
8. What does Towers address the trainees about in Act 2, Part 1 upon his arrival?
(a) Their lazy attitudes.
(b) The cleanliness of the toilets.
(c) How to take care of a chest wound.
(d) How to fire their weapons more quickly.
9. How was the bed-ridden man injured?
(a) He stepped on a mine.
(b) He fell off a ladder in the barracks.
(c) He was ambushed by Vietcong.
(d) He was shot while trying to escape a POW camp.
10. Who is Pavlo crawling to in his hallucination?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
11. Where does Pavlo suffer wounds?
(a) His face.
(b) His legs.
(c) His chest.
(d) His back.
12. What does the Captain first talk about as Mickey is preparing for a date?
(a) Cleaning orders for the trainees.
(b) The laziness of the trainees.
(c) The battles being fought in Vietnam.
(d) The way one must use a bayonet.
13. What do Pavlo and Mickey say about Georgia?
(a) How hot it is there.
(b) How difficult it was to get a job there.
(c) How Georgia seems so far away now.
(d) How cold it is there.
14. What happens to Parham as Pavlo is talking in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He climbs a nearby tree.
(b) He has a flashback of childhood.
(c) He falls into fits of laughter.
(d) He gets caught in gunfire.
15. What does Mickey imply Pavlo is lying about, as he tends to do?
(a) Being in the army.
(b) Being promoted.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Having a girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pavlo brought into the bar for the final time?
2. What does Pavlo repeat after rising from being dead under his sheet?
3. What does Towers say one can do if lost?
4. How many times does Ardell say Pavlo has been wounded in Act 2, Part 4?
5. What is the name of the Sergeant who first appears in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)