|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier pursuing Yen in the opening scene of Act 2, Part 2?
2. When Pavlo first calls Joanna, what does he talk about?
(a) How he thinks she's cheating on him.
(b) How he wants to come home.
(c) How much he misses her.
(d) A creature in his chest.
3. Who bargains over how much Yen will cost?
(a) Jones and Yen,
(b) Mamasan and Jones.
(c) Yen and Pavlo.
(d) Pavlo and Mamasan.
4. What was Ardell's first marching song about in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Running from fears.
(b) Army life.
(c) Loving beautiful women.
(d) Going home.
5. How is Pavlo brought into the bar for the final time?
(a) He shoved in by Kress.
(b) He is pulled in by a prostitute.
(c) He is pulled in by a Vietnamese boy.
(d) He is called in by a barker.
6. What does Brisbey ask of Pavlo after calling him over?
(a) If he can get back to combat.
(b) If he can shoot his rifle.
(c) If he can touch his rifle.
(d) If he can have Yen next.
7. What is the reason Pavlo says that he feels like he's nothing out of the uniform?
(a) Because he can't live without it.
(b) Because it's his identity.
(c) Because it calls him.
(d) Because he's done nothing in it.
8. According to the messenger, who wants to see Pavlo?
(a) Corporal Hendrix.
(c) Captain Miller.
9. What does Parham imagine himself doing towards the end of his life?
(a) Killing the enemy.
(b) Taking an order at a restaurant.
(c) Flying home.
(d) Radioing for help.
10. What is Pavlo doing when Ardell appears in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Screaming for Joanna.
(b) Taking a sedative.
(c) Killing the two Vietnamese.
(d) Lifting Parham's body.
11. What does Pavlo say while he is dying?
(a) That war is insane.
(c) That he misses Joanna.
(d) That war is fun.
12. Who asks Pavlo about how it feels to be a mindless robot?
(b) A girl.
13. Whom do Pavlo says also tear?
14. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of while criticizing him for getting hurt by the enemy?
(a) That he is not a sergeant.
(b) That he is not a corporal.
(c) That he is human.
(d) That he is not a captain.
15. Who does Brisbey talk about throwing a robe off the end of a boat?
(a) A marine.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Pavlo remember being while delirious?
2. What does Pavlo say he loses his temper over in his speech in Act 2, Part 5?
3. What does Tower say the enemy can do in the beginning scene of Act 2, Part 5?
4. What does Miller ask of Pavlo?
5. What does Pavlo say about everything Ardell says?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)