|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Ardell say Pavlo has been wounded in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) Five times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Too many times.
(d) Three times.
2. What do the two Vietnamese who find Parham first do to him?
(a) Kick him.
(b) Ask his name.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Gag him.
3. What does a Vietnamese do to Pavlo as he is standing with Parham's body?
(a) Begs for medical help.
(b) Begs for money.
(c) Stabs Pavlo.
(d) Shoots Pavlo.
4. What does Ardell say Pavlo can do after getting two wounds?
(a) Spend a month in the hospital.
(b) Go home.
(c) Be moved off the front line.
(d) Kill himself.
5. What does Pavlo believe the Vietnamese man is carrying?
(a) A knife.
(b) A satchel.
(c) A baby.
(d) A gun.
6. Who does Ardell specify didn't grieve over Pavlo's death?
7. What does Towers say that it is the soldiers' job to do?
(c) Bring home their unit.
(d) Stay steady.
8. In Act 2, Part 1, what is the marching song about?
(a) How women love their men.
(b) How much the men desire a beautiful woman.
(c) How women are cheating.
(d) How men cheat on women.
9. What does Pavlo say Kress's uncle was executed for?
(a) Being a spy,
(b) Attempting escape.
(c) Killing people.
(d) Lying in court.
10. What is the reason Pavlo says that he feels like he's nothing out of the uniform?
(a) Because he can't live without it.
(b) Because it's his identity.
(c) Because it calls him.
(d) Because he's done nothing in it.
11. What happens to Parham as Pavlo is talking in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He climbs a nearby tree.
(b) He gets caught in gunfire.
(c) He has a flashback of childhood.
(d) He falls into fits of laughter.
12. What does Pavlo say he loses his temper over in his speech in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) A letter from Joanna to his mother.
(b) A letter from Pavlo's mother to him.
(c) A letter from Joanna to Pavlo.
(d) A letter from his mother to Joanna.
13. Who does Pavlo call for when he is stabbed by the Vietnamese?
14. Who shouts to Pavlo from his hospital bed?
15. What does Brisbey ask of Pavlo after calling him over?
(a) If he can touch his rifle.
(b) If he can have Yen next.
(c) If he can get back to combat.
(d) If he can shoot his rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Pavlo remember being while delirious?
2. Who discovers Parham's body with Pavlo?
3. Who does Brisbey talk about throwing a robe off the end of a boat?
4. What is the name of the woman who runs the harem?
5. Who pays Mamasan for Yen to be with Pavlo?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)