|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mickey, what is Joanna planning to send to Pavlo?
(a) A Christmas card.
(b) A box.
(c) A long letter.
(d) A birthday card.
2. Whom did Ardell specify that Pavlo killed?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A child.
(c) An elderly farmer.
(d) A beggar.
3. What disturbing activity does Brisbey dream of?
(a) Pulling off Walls arm and legs.
(b) Shooting Pavlo in the head.
(c) Shooting everyone in the hospital.
(d) Pulling off Pavlo's arm and legs.
4. What does Mickey imply Pavlo is lying about, as he tends to do?
(a) Being promoted.
(b) Having a girlfriend.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Being in the army.
5. What does Pavlo say Kress's uncle was executed for?
(a) Killing people.
(b) Lying in court.
(c) Attempting escape.
(d) Being a spy,
6. What does Pavlo say he loses his temper over in his speech in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) A letter from Pavlo's mother to him.
(b) A letter from Joanna to his mother.
(c) A letter from Joanna to Pavlo.
(d) A letter from his mother to Joanna.
7. What does Pavlo realize after being shot by a sniper?
(a) He loves Yen.
(b) He loves Joanna.
(c) He wants to be a sniper.
(d) He wants out of the army.
8. What does Pavlo feel about having assaulted Wall?
9. What does Yen believe about Wall, thus refusing to sleep with him?
(a) That he is married and has several children.
(b) That he is gay.
(c) That he is crazy.
(d) That he has an STD.
10. What does Tower say the enemy can do in the beginning scene of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Brainwash soldiers into turning on their buddies.
(b) Torture you to get information.
(c) Take a prostitute hostage and find out where you are.
(d) Administer drugs in your sleep.
11. Who is singing in the background in the middle of Act 2, Part 4?
12. What does Jones say that Pavlo is going to get from Yen?
(a) 100 bucks.
(b) An STD.
(c) A special moment.
(d) A good time.
13. What does Parham imagine himself doing towards the end of his life?
(a) Killing the enemy.
(b) Taking an order at a restaurant.
(c) Flying home.
(d) Radioing for help.
14. What is the reason Pavlo says that he feels like he's nothing out of the uniform?
(a) Because it calls him.
(b) Because it's his identity.
(c) Because he's done nothing in it.
(d) Because he can't live without it.
15. What was Ardell's first marching song about in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Army life.
(b) Running from fears.
(c) Going home.
(d) Loving beautiful women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Sergeant who first appears in Act 2, Part 2?
2. Who did Pavlo say he earned the respect of while talking to Mickey?
3. What does Jones do to Yen when he brings her to meet Pavlo?
4. What does Wall first tell Brisbey?
5. Pavlo explains that he wants to be a soldier more than . . .
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)