|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ardell specify didn't grieve over Pavlo's death?
2. What is the name of the Sergeant who first appears in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Pavlo say he loses his temper over in his speech in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) A letter from Joanna to his mother.
(b) A letter from Pavlo's mother to him.
(c) A letter from Joanna to Pavlo.
(d) A letter from his mother to Joanna.
4. What does Pavlo say about everything Ardell says?
(a) It is bullshit.
(b) It is helpful.
(c) It is annoying.
(d) It is astoundingly accurate.
5. What does Pavlo say he thinks people will think of him for taking care of dead bodies?
(a) That he's a wimp.
(b) That he's joking.
(c) That he's a fake.
(d) That he's crazy.
6. What does Pavlo's mother say about Joanna over the phone?
(a) That she is pregnant with Pavlo's baby.
(b) That she and Joanna are the same person.
(c) That she is in Connecticut and probably pregnant.
(d) That she does not exist.
7. Who hangs up the phone?
(d) Pavlo's mother.
8. Who bargains over how much Yen will cost?
(a) Jones and Yen,
(b) Yen and Pavlo.
(c) Mamasan and Jones.
(d) Pavlo and Mamasan.
9. What does Pavlo say while he is dying?
(a) That he misses Joanna.
(c) That war is fun.
(d) That war is insane.
10. What was Ardell's first marching song about in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Running from fears.
(b) Army life.
(c) Loving beautiful women.
(d) Going home.
11. What happens to Parham as Pavlo is talking in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He gets caught in gunfire.
(b) He climbs a nearby tree.
(c) He falls into fits of laughter.
(d) He has a flashback of childhood.
12. What does Ardell say Pavlo can do after getting two wounds?
(a) Be moved off the front line.
(b) Go home.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Spend a month in the hospital.
13. What does Pavlo claim Kress did while in the middle of a fight with him?
(a) Pulled a knife.
(b) Began crying.
(c) Hugged Pavlo.
(d) Ran away.
14. What does Parham imagine himself doing towards the end of his life?
(a) Killing the enemy.
(b) Taking an order at a restaurant.
(c) Flying home.
(d) Radioing for help.
15. When Pavlo first calls Joanna, what does he talk about?
(a) How he thinks she's cheating on him.
(b) How much he misses her.
(c) A creature in his chest.
(d) How he wants to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo realize about the person on the other end of the phone that he previously did not know?
2. How is Pavlo brought into the bar for the final time?
3. What do Pavlo and Mickey say about Georgia?
4. What does Miller ask of Pavlo?
5. What does Tower say the enemy can do in the beginning scene of Act 2, Part 5?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)