|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(b) That Pavlo killed another man.
(c) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(d) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
2. What is Hinkle ordered to do upon the realization that Pavlo is close to death?
(a) To get a medic.
(b) To make up a story.
(c) To tell Towers.
(d) To tell Ardell.
3. What is happening in the barracks when Ardell first appears to find Pavlo near death?
(a) Pavlo is fighting with Kress.
(b) Kress is making fun of Pavlo.
(c) The trainees are getting Pavlo to stand up.
(d) The trainees are making fun of Pavlo.
4. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
(b) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
(c) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
(d) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
5. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
(a) His uncle being executed.
(b) How he used to love fire.
(c) When he drank too much in high school.
(d) His mother's insanity.
6. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To run and turn.
(b) To see and move.
(c) To hear and know.
(d) To run and move.
7. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
(a) Taken a bottle of sleeping pills and slashed his arm.
(b) Snifffed airplane glue and slashed his wrist.
(c) Slashed his wrist and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(d) Sniffed airplane glue and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
8. What are the soldiers in the barracks gambling with?
9. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Cries in front of Towers.
(b) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(c) Tries to shoot Towers.
(d) Asks another question.
10. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
11. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
(b) Jumping jacks.
12. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
(b) That he's completely helpless.
(c) That he has a protective suit.
(d) That he has hope to survive.
13. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo is a girl.
(b) That Pavlo is stupid.
(c) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(d) That Pavlo will be honored.
14. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(a) Dresses, although men.
(d) Satchel packets.
15. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
(a) On the barrack floor doing push-ups.
(b) In the office on the phone.
(c) Doing pull-ups on the bunks.
(d) Under his blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
2. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
3. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
4. What kind of a game do Pierce, Hinkle, and Kress set up?
5. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)