|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(b) That Pavlo killed another man.
(c) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(d) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
2. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
(a) A mother and half-brother.
(b) A sister and half-brother.
(c) A half-sister and twin brother.
(d) A father and step-mother.
3. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(b) How he might not live.
(c) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(d) How his dad taught him to throw.
4. Along with one other soldier, who must repeat their basic training?
5. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Get a trip to Cambodia.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Get laid.
(d) Buy a new weapon.
6. Who does Pierce say he is worried about while he is drunk talking with Pavlo?
7. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
(d) Physical ability.
8. What is Ardell's reason for not believing what he's seeing in Pavlo's mind?
(a) Because it is so simple.
(b) Because it doesn't make sense.
(c) Because it is so strange.
(d) Because it is so complicated.
9. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he has a protective suit.
(b) That he has hope to survive.
(c) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
(d) That he's completely helpless.
10. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That he should just "move and do."
(b) That he "can't see anything."
(c) That he is "Pavlo Motherhumping Hummel."
(d) That he is "finished."
11. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
(a) Ardell is his father.
(b) He had saved his own life.
(c) The explosion killed Pavlo himself.
(d) He has been wounded.
12. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
(a) Snifffed airplane glue and slashed his wrist.
(b) Slashed his wrist and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(c) Sniffed airplane glue and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(d) Taken a bottle of sleeping pills and slashed his arm.
13. What happens after the whistle blows?
(a) A squad of army recruits enter.
(b) A messenger arrives.
(c) Ardell leaves the room.
(d) Pavlo runs out of the room.
14. Who breaks up the fight between Kress and Pavlo after the test?
15. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(c) Satchel packets.
(d) Dresses, although men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
2. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
3. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
4. Where does Ardell say he's from?
5. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)