|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By agreeing with Ardell.
(b) By running out of the room for air.
(c) By denying it.
(d) By crying quietly.
2. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(b) How his dad taught him to throw.
(c) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(d) How he might not live.
3. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
4. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Three years old.
5. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Tries to shoot Towers.
(b) Asks another question.
(c) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(d) Cries in front of Towers.
6. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
(a) He nods his head violently until Ardell stops him.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He repeats the word "no" over and over.
(d) He laughs in Ardell's face.
7. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
(a) A liar.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A thief.
(d) A prisoner.
8. What country does the Corporal reveal he has been in when Pavlo and him first meet?
9. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
(b) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
(c) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
(d) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
10. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) In order to be a good soldier.
(b) Someone told him to.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He can't stand still without practicing.
11. Who does Pierce say he is worried about while he is drunk talking with Pavlo?
12. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
13. What is happening in the barracks when Ardell first appears to find Pavlo near death?
(a) The trainees are making fun of Pavlo.
(b) Kress is making fun of Pavlo.
(c) The trainees are getting Pavlo to stand up.
(d) Pavlo is fighting with Kress.
14. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Kicked out of the army.
(b) Given a new weapon.
(c) Promoted to Lieutenant
(d) Assigned to infantry.
15. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How fun it is to be in the army.
(b) How they are only strong in numbers.
(c) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
(d) How having a gun makes you weaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
2. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
3. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
4. What does Ardell instruct Pavlo on in the event of a gas attack?
5. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)