|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
(a) A father and step-mother.
(b) A sister and half-brother.
(c) A half-sister and twin brother.
(d) A mother and half-brother.
2. What does Ardell say to Pavlo in regards to the person Pavlo sees in the mirror?
(a) That the person is his mother.
(b) That it isn't Pavlo Hummel anymore.
(c) That Pavlo can't see beyond himself.
(d) That he is only seeing his face and not his heart.
3. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
(c) Jumping jacks.
4. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
(a) Where he's from.
(b) Why did he join the army.
(c) How many push-ups he can do.
(d) How old is he.
5. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
(b) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
(c) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
(d) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
6. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(b) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(c) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(d) He didn't want to see her go.
7. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
(a) Spit in their faces.
(b) Shot them dead.
(c) Took their weapons.
(d) Begged for forgiveness.
8. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(a) US Army.
(d) Army Boy.
9. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(b) Asks another question.
(c) Tries to shoot Towers.
(d) Cries in front of Towers.
10. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A thief.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A liar.
11. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
(a) On the barrack floor doing push-ups.
(b) In the office on the phone.
(c) Doing pull-ups on the bunks.
(d) Under his blanket.
12. What does Ardell instruct Pavlo on in the event of a gas attack?
(a) How to call for back-up.
(b) How to stay low to the ground.
(c) How to hold one's breath.
(d) How to put on his gas mask .
13. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(a) Recite his general orders.
(b) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(c) Take off his jacket.
14. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
(a) How ridiculous the situation is.
(b) How good Pavlo looks.
(c) What Pavlo's mother would say.
(d) How stupid Pavlo is.
15. What are the soldiers in the barracks gambling with?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
2. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
3. What is Ardell's first comment when he enters the barracks, in Act 1, Part 4?
4. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
5. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)