|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The corporal.
2. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He has to take care of the furnace.
(c) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(d) He was not at fault.
3. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(b) Cries in front of Towers.
(c) Asks another question.
(d) Tries to shoot Towers.
4. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
(b) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
(c) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
(d) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
5. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
6. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he's completely helpless.
(b) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
(c) That he has a protective suit.
(d) That he has hope to survive.
7. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
(a) To put on his dress uniform.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) Drink some water.
(d) Get some rest.
8. As Hinkle goes out of the barracks, what does Kress ask him to do?
(a) Never come back.
(b) Get him a soda.
(c) Forget it ever happened.
(d) Sing while he goes.
9. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
(a) Doing drill and going on a cross country hike.
(b) Reporting to Tower at 4am each morning.
(c) Not getting breakfast for a week.
(d) Cleaning the bathrooms for a month.
10. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Buy a new weapon.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Get laid.
(d) Get a trip to Cambodia.
11. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
(a) How good Pavlo looks.
(b) How stupid Pavlo is.
(c) What Pavlo's mother would say.
(d) How ridiculous the situation is.
12. What country does the Corporal reveal he has been in when Pavlo and him first meet?
13. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo will be honored.
(b) That Pavlo is stupid.
(c) That Pavlo is a girl.
(d) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
14. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
(b) Captain A.
15. How in the barracks during the conversation about Pavlo joining infantry did Pavlo claim his mother would react?
(a) Start to cry in frustration.
(b) Be embarrassed.
(c) Divorce his father.
(d) Be hugely excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
2. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
3. What kind of a game do Pierce, Hinkle, and Kress set up?
4. What are the soldiers in the barracks gambling with?
5. What is Pavlo wearing when Ardell shouts at him to get up from under the blanket?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)