|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(a) Doing push-ups.
2. What does Pavlo tell Pierce his name really is?
3. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How his dad taught him to throw.
(d) How he might not live.
4. How in the barracks during the conversation about Pavlo joining infantry did Pavlo claim his mother would react?
(a) Be embarrassed.
(b) Divorce his father.
(c) Start to cry in frustration.
(d) Be hugely excited.
5. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Get out.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Stand up.
6. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
(a) Telling on them for drinking.
(b) Wanting to go MIA.
(c) Skipping drill.
(d) Stealing their money.
7. What kind of a game do Pierce, Hinkle, and Kress set up?
(a) Crazy eights.
(b) Black Jack.
8. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
(a) Drink some water.
(b) Get some rest.
(c) Take off his jacket.
(d) To put on his dress uniform.
9. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
(b) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
(c) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
(d) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
10. What does Ardell say to Pavlo in regards to the person Pavlo sees in the mirror?
(a) That Pavlo can't see beyond himself.
(b) That he is only seeing his face and not his heart.
(c) That the person is his mother.
(d) That it isn't Pavlo Hummel anymore.
11. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Get laid.
(c) Get a trip to Cambodia.
(d) Buy a new weapon.
12. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo will be honored.
(b) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(c) That Pavlo is a girl.
(d) That Pavlo is stupid.
13. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
(a) Sniffed airplane glue and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(b) Snifffed airplane glue and slashed his wrist.
(c) Taken a bottle of sleeping pills and slashed his arm.
(d) Slashed his wrist and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
14. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(c) The corporal.
15. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
(a) What Pavlo's mother would say.
(b) How stupid Pavlo is.
(c) How ridiculous the situation is.
(d) How good Pavlo looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
2. What two words does Ardell claim will be of meaning to all people after this event?
3. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
4. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
5. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)