|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Tries to shoot Towers.
(b) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(c) Asks another question.
(d) Cries in front of Towers.
2. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
(a) Grabs a book and pretends to read.
(b) Begins to cry quietly.
(c) Runs back to the barracks pretending to have forgotten something.
(d) Stands up and salutes him.
3. Who brings the test results to the soldiers?
(d) The corporal.
4. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
(d) Physical ability.
5. What is Ardell's first comment when he enters the barracks, in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That he was just sleeping.
(b) That he was waiting outside.
(c) That the trainees can't take care of themselves.
(d) How the fuss and noise is Pavlo's fault.
6. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(d) The corporal.
7. What happens to Pavlo in Act 1, Part 4 after Pavlo first enters the barracks?
(a) He gets thrown out of the barracks.
(b) He is asked to "walk the plank."
(c) He gets beaten up.
(d) He is given a sedative.
8. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
(a) When he's leaving the army.
(b) What he wants to be in ten years.
(c) Why he is in the army.
(d) Whether he has any pride.
9. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(c) Army Boy.
(d) US Army.
10. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(a) Doing push-ups.
11. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(b) He didn't want to see her go.
(c) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(d) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
12. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By running out of the room for air.
(b) By crying quietly.
(c) By agreeing with Ardell.
(d) By denying it.
13. What does Ardell do while helping Pavlo get dressed after his suicide attempt?
(a) Yells at him to wake up.
(b) Whistles a marching tune.
(c) Sings a marching song.
(d) Tells the other trainees to vacate the barrack.
14. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He has to take care of the furnace.
(c) He was not at fault.
(d) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
15. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
(a) Shot them dead.
(b) Begged for forgiveness.
(c) Took their weapons.
(d) Spit in their faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ardell say to Pavlo in regards to the person Pavlo sees in the mirror?
2. Where does Ardell say he's from?
3. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
4. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
5. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)