|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(c) He has to take care of the furnace.
(d) He was not at fault.
2. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
(a) Not getting breakfast for a week.
(b) Doing drill and going on a cross country hike.
(c) Reporting to Tower at 4am each morning.
(d) Cleaning the bathrooms for a month.
3. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
(a) A sister and half-brother.
(b) A mother and half-brother.
(c) A half-sister and twin brother.
(d) A father and step-mother.
4. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A repairman.
5. What happens to Pavlo in Act 1, Part 4 after Pavlo first enters the barracks?
(a) He is asked to "walk the plank."
(b) He gets beaten up.
(c) He is given a sedative.
(d) He gets thrown out of the barracks.
6. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo will never be forgotten.
(b) That he is brave.
(c) That people will laugh at Pavlo forever.
(d) That Pavlo looks great.
7. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That he is "Pavlo Motherhumping Hummel."
(b) That he is "finished."
(c) That he "can't see anything."
(d) That he should just "move and do."
8. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By crying quietly.
(b) By denying it.
(c) By running out of the room for air.
(d) By agreeing with Ardell.
9. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
(a) If he has killed.
(b) If he knows what happened.
(c) Where he thinks he's going.
(d) His age.
10. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo is a girl.
(b) That Pavlo will be honored.
(c) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(d) That Pavlo is stupid.
11. What does Pavlo tell Pierce his name really is?
12. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
(a) If he enjoys killing.
(b) If he will go home.
(c) Does he know who did it.
(d) If he knows what happened.
13. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) He can't stand still without practicing.
(b) He is bored.
(c) Someone told him to.
(d) In order to be a good soldier.
14. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Pavlo killed another man.
(b) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
(c) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(d) That Ardell was going to kill him.
15. What are the soldiers in the barracks gambling with?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
2. What is Pavlo wearing when Ardell shouts at him to get up from under the blanket?
3. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
4. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
5. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)