|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
(c) Jumping jacks.
2. What is happening in the barracks when Ardell first appears to find Pavlo near death?
(a) Pavlo is fighting with Kress.
(b) Kress is making fun of Pavlo.
(c) The trainees are making fun of Pavlo.
(d) The trainees are getting Pavlo to stand up.
3. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
(a) Slashed his wrist and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(b) Taken a bottle of sleeping pills and slashed his arm.
(c) Snifffed airplane glue and slashed his wrist.
(d) Sniffed airplane glue and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(b) How his dad taught him to throw.
(c) How he might not live.
(d) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
5. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How they are only strong in numbers.
(b) How having a gun makes you weaker.
(c) How fun it is to be in the army.
(d) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
6. Along with one other soldier, who must repeat their basic training?
7. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(b) The corporal.
8. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American spy.
(b) A ship hand.
(c) A Jewish Rabbi.
(d) An American soldier.
9. Who in Towers's story to the trainees did Towers surprise during World War II?
(a) A platoon of German Navy.
(b) A Jewish man.
(c) A squad of German amory trucks.
(d) A German.
10. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(b) Asks Pierce not to go.
(c) Begins singing.
(d) Refuses to go to formation.
11. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
(a) If he will go home.
(b) If he knows what happened.
(c) If he enjoys killing.
(d) Does he know who did it.
12. How in the barracks during the conversation about Pavlo joining infantry did Pavlo claim his mother would react?
(a) Divorce his father.
(b) Be embarrassed.
(c) Start to cry in frustration.
(d) Be hugely excited.
13. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Kicked out of the army.
(b) Promoted to Lieutenant
(c) Assigned to infantry.
(d) Given a new weapon.
14. What is Pavlo's first question to Ardell after he is attacked in the barracks?
(a) Why he was attacked.
(b) Who was it thhat beat him up.
(c) Where he was supposed to go.
(d) What was going to happen next.
15. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A repairman.
(d) A janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
2. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
3. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
4. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
5. What is Pavlo wearing when Ardell shouts at him to get up from under the blanket?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)