|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Lie down.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Get out.
2. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
(a) To put on his dress uniform.
(b) Drink some water.
(c) Take off his jacket.
(d) Get some rest.
3. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
(a) Spit in their faces.
(b) Took their weapons.
(c) Shot them dead.
(d) Begged for forgiveness.
4. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American spy.
(b) A Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A ship hand.
(d) An American soldier.
5. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He does not recognize them.
(b) He becomes agitated.
(c) He looks for his wallet.
(d) He yells at them
6. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he has hope to survive.
(b) That he's completely helpless.
(c) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
(d) That he has a protective suit.
7. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
(a) What Pavlo's mother would say.
(b) How stupid Pavlo is.
(c) How good Pavlo looks.
(d) How ridiculous the situation is.
8. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(a) US Army.
(b) Army Boy.
9. Who does Pierce say he is worried about while he is drunk talking with Pavlo?
10. What country does the Corporal reveal he has been in when Pavlo and him first meet?
11. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(b) Satchel packets.
(c) Dresses, although men.
12. What are the soldiers in the barracks gambling with?
13. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A repairman.
(d) A janitor.
14. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(b) The corporal.
15. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(b) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(c) How he might not live.
(d) How his dad taught him to throw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
2. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
3. Who brings the test results to the soldiers?
4. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
5. What is Pavlo's first question to Ardell after he is attacked in the barracks?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)