|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(b) Refuses to go to formation.
(c) Begins singing.
(d) Asks Pierce not to go.
2. Who does Pavlo yell at to get off his bed?
3. Who brings the test results to the soldiers?
(d) The corporal.
4. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
(a) He laughs in Ardell's face.
(b) He nods his head violently until Ardell stops him.
(c) He repeats the word "no" over and over.
(d) He begins to cry.
5. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Kicked out of the army.
(b) Assigned to infantry.
(c) Promoted to Lieutenant
(d) Given a new weapon.
6. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
(a) Ardell is his father.
(b) He has been wounded.
(c) The explosion killed Pavlo himself.
(d) He had saved his own life.
7. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
(a) Telling on them for drinking.
(b) Stealing their money.
(c) Skipping drill.
(d) Wanting to go MIA.
8. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
(a) The trainees become confused.
(b) The trainees fight about what to do.
(c) The game continues and jokes are made about Pavlo.
(d) The game abruptly ends.
9. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
10. What did Pavlo have thrown over him when he once entered the barracks?
(a) Dirty clothes.
(b) A tarp.
(d) A blanket.
11. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Buy a new weapon.
(b) Get laid.
(c) Get a trip to Cambodia.
(d) Find a wife.
12. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American spy.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) A Jewish Rabbi.
(d) A ship hand.
13. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(a) Dresses, although men.
(d) Satchel packets.
14. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo is stupid.
(b) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(c) That Pavlo is a girl.
(d) That Pavlo will be honored.
15. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(a) Take off his jacket.
(b) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(c) Recite his general orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
2. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
3. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
4. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
5. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)