|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
(a) To announce his problem in the barracks.
(b) To quit the army.
(c) To make friends with them.
(d) To fight back.
2. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
(a) How good Pavlo looks.
(b) How stupid Pavlo is.
(c) What Pavlo's mother would say.
(d) How ridiculous the situation is.
3. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By running out of the room for air.
(b) By denying it.
(c) By agreeing with Ardell.
(d) By crying quietly.
4. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
(a) To put on his dress uniform.
(b) Get some rest.
(c) Take off his jacket.
(d) Drink some water.
5. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Given a new weapon.
(b) Assigned to infantry.
(c) Promoted to Lieutenant
(d) Kicked out of the army.
6. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The corporal.
7. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
(a) Where he thinks he's going.
(b) His age.
(c) If he knows what happened.
(d) If he has killed.
8. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A liar.
(c) A thief.
(d) A murderer.
9. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
10. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(b) He does not feel well.
(c) He was not at fault.
(d) He has to take care of the furnace.
11. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American spy.
(b) A Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A ship hand.
(d) An American soldier.
12. Who breaks up the fight between Kress and Pavlo after the test?
13. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
(a) That he is brave.
(b) That people will laugh at Pavlo forever.
(c) That Pavlo will never be forgotten.
(d) That Pavlo looks great.
14. What is Ardell's reason for not believing what he's seeing in Pavlo's mind?
(a) Because it doesn't make sense.
(b) Because it is so simple.
(c) Because it is so complicated.
(d) Because it is so strange.
15. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Get laid.
(b) Buy a new weapon.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Get a trip to Cambodia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
2. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
3. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
5. What is Pavlo's first question to Ardell after he is attacked in the barracks?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)