|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pavlo have thrown over him when he once entered the barracks?
(a) A tarp.
(b) A blanket.
(d) Dirty clothes.
2. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
(b) Jumping jacks.
3. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
(a) Why did he join the army.
(b) Where he's from.
(c) How many push-ups he can do.
(d) How old is he.
4. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
(a) Drink some water.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) To put on his dress uniform.
(d) Get some rest.
5. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Kicked out of the army.
(b) Promoted to Lieutenant
(c) Assigned to infantry.
(d) Given a new weapon.
6. What happens after the whistle blows?
(a) A messenger arrives.
(b) Ardell leaves the room.
(c) Pavlo runs out of the room.
(d) A squad of army recruits enter.
7. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American spy.
(b) A ship hand.
(c) An American soldier.
(d) A Jewish Rabbi.
8. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
(a) That it's a riot being squad leader.
(b) That it's strange to be squad leader.
(c) That it's no fun being squad leader.
(d) That it's confusing being squad leader.
9. What is Pavlo wearing when Ardell shouts at him to get up from under the blanket?
(b) His fatigues.
(c) His boots.
(d) His underclothes.
10. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He becomes agitated.
(b) He does not recognize them.
(c) He yells at them
(d) He looks for his wallet.
11. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(a) Recite his general orders.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
12. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
(a) At a bar.
(b) The swimming pool.
(c) During drill.
(d) The recreation hall.
13. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(d) New York.
14. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo will never be forgotten.
(b) That Pavlo looks great.
(c) That he is brave.
(d) That people will laugh at Pavlo forever.
15. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
2. What kind of a game do Pierce, Hinkle, and Kress set up?
3. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
4. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
5. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)