|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
(a) Sniffed airplane glue and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(b) Slashed his wrist and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(c) Snifffed airplane glue and slashed his wrist.
(d) Taken a bottle of sleeping pills and slashed his arm.
2. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By running out of the room for air.
(b) By crying quietly.
(c) By denying it.
(d) By agreeing with Ardell.
3. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) He is bored.
(b) In order to be a good soldier.
(c) Someone told him to.
(d) He can't stand still without practicing.
4. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
(a) To quit the army.
(b) To fight back.
(c) To make friends with them.
(d) To announce his problem in the barracks.
5. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Captain A.
(d) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
6. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
7. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(a) Satchel packets.
(c) Dresses, although men.
8. What does Pavlo tell Pierce his name really is?
9. What is Pavlo's first question to Ardell after he is attacked in the barracks?
(a) Why he was attacked.
(b) Where he was supposed to go.
(c) What was going to happen next.
(d) Who was it thhat beat him up.
10. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
(a) A half-sister and twin brother.
(b) A sister and half-brother.
(c) A mother and half-brother.
(d) A father and step-mother.
11. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo is stupid.
(b) That Pavlo will be honored.
(c) That Pavlo is a girl.
(d) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
12. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Kress and Parker.
(b) Towers and Ardell.
(c) Towers and Parker.
(d) Ardell and Kress.
13. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Refuses to go to formation.
(b) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(c) Asks Pierce not to go.
(d) Begins singing.
14. Upon finding Pavlo in the state he is in, what does Hinkle do upon returning to the game?
(a) He asks everyone to help.
(b) He tries to get Pierce to do something,
(c) He makes jokes about how dumb Pavlo is.
(d) He wins the game and asks Pavlo to join.
15. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
(a) During drill.
(b) The recreation hall.
(c) At a bar.
(d) The swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
2. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
3. Who in Towers's story to the trainees did Towers surprise during World War II?
4. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
5. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)