|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo looks great.
(b) That people will laugh at Pavlo forever.
(c) That he is brave.
(d) That Pavlo will never be forgotten.
2. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
(a) His brother.
(b) His lieutenant.
(c) His commanding officer.
3. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
4. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) He is bored.
(b) Someone told him to.
(c) He can't stand still without practicing.
(d) In order to be a good soldier.
5. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
6. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(a) US Army.
(d) Army Boy.
7. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He nods his head violently until Ardell stops him.
(c) He laughs in Ardell's face.
(d) He repeats the word "no" over and over.
8. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(a) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(b) Recite his general orders.
(d) Take off his jacket.
9. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To hear and know.
(b) To see and move.
(c) To run and move.
(d) To run and turn.
10. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Punches Pavlo.
(b) Runs him through weapons drill.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
11. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That he is "Pavlo Motherhumping Hummel."
(b) That he should just "move and do."
(c) That he "can't see anything."
(d) That he is "finished."
12. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
(a) His age.
(b) Where he thinks he's going.
(c) If he has killed.
(d) If he knows what happened.
13. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(b) Doing push-ups.
14. What happens to Pavlo in Act 1, Part 4 after Pavlo first enters the barracks?
(a) He is asked to "walk the plank."
(b) He gets thrown out of the barracks.
(c) He gets beaten up.
(d) He is given a sedative.
15. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
(c) Physical ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
2. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
3. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
4. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
5. What is the occupation of the main character?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)