|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
(a) In the office on the phone.
(b) On the barrack floor doing push-ups.
(c) Under his blanket.
(d) Doing pull-ups on the bunks.
2. What is Ardell's first comment when he enters the barracks, in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) How the fuss and noise is Pavlo's fault.
(b) That the trainees can't take care of themselves.
(c) That he was just sleeping.
(d) That he was waiting outside.
3. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By denying it.
(b) By agreeing with Ardell.
(c) By crying quietly.
(d) By running out of the room for air.
4. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He looks for his wallet.
(b) He becomes agitated.
(c) He does not recognize them.
(d) He yells at them
5. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he has a protective suit.
(b) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
(c) That he has hope to survive.
(d) That he's completely helpless.
6. What is Ardell's reason for not believing what he's seeing in Pavlo's mind?
(a) Because it doesn't make sense.
(b) Because it is so strange.
(c) Because it is so simple.
(d) Because it is so complicated.
7. Along with one other soldier, who must repeat their basic training?
8. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(b) Army Boy.
(d) US Army.
9. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(a) Satchel packets.
(d) Dresses, although men.
10. Who breaks up the fight between Kress and Pavlo after the test?
11. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
(a) Stealing their money.
(b) Skipping drill.
(c) Telling on them for drinking.
(d) Wanting to go MIA.
12. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(b) The corporal.
13. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(b) How he might not live.
(c) How his dad taught him to throw.
(d) How he would cover the granade with his body.
14. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
15. What is Hinkle ordered to do upon the realization that Pavlo is close to death?
(a) To tell Towers.
(b) To tell Ardell.
(c) To get a medic.
(d) To make up a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
2. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
3. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
4. What is happening in the barracks when Ardell first appears to find Pavlo near death?
5. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)