|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
(a) A liar.
(b) A thief.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A prisoner.
2. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
(a) On the barrack floor doing push-ups.
(b) Doing pull-ups on the bunks.
(c) In the office on the phone.
(d) Under his blanket.
3. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Get a trip to Cambodia.
(b) Get laid.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Buy a new weapon.
4. What is Pavlo wearing when Ardell shouts at him to get up from under the blanket?
(a) His fatigues.
(c) His boots.
(d) His underclothes.
5. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Kress and Parker.
(b) Towers and Parker.
(c) Ardell and Kress.
(d) Towers and Ardell.
6. What is Hinkle ordered to do upon the realization that Pavlo is close to death?
(a) To make up a story.
(b) To get a medic.
(c) To tell Ardell.
(d) To tell Towers.
7. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Promoted to Lieutenant
(b) Given a new weapon.
(c) Kicked out of the army.
(d) Assigned to infantry.
8. What did Pavlo have thrown over him when he once entered the barracks?
(a) A tarp.
(b) Dirty clothes.
(c) A blanket.
9. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He has to take care of the furnace.
(b) He was not at fault.
(c) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(d) He does not feel well.
10. What is Ardell's first comment when he enters the barracks, in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That the trainees can't take care of themselves.
(b) That he was just sleeping.
(c) That he was waiting outside.
(d) How the fuss and noise is Pavlo's fault.
11. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(b) Doing push-ups.
12. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
(a) Grabs a book and pretends to read.
(b) Stands up and salutes him.
(c) Runs back to the barracks pretending to have forgotten something.
(d) Begins to cry quietly.
13. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(c) The corporal.
14. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
(a) He has been wounded.
(b) The explosion killed Pavlo himself.
(c) Ardell is his father.
(d) He had saved his own life.
15. What is jokingly mentioned at the fact that Pavlo is still in bed while the soldiers are playing a game?
(a) That he's dreaming about his father.
(b) That he's studying his dreams.
(c) That he's masturbating.
(d) That he's mentally disturbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pavlo yell at to get off his bed?
2. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
3. Upon finding Pavlo in the state he is in, what does Hinkle do upon returning to the game?
4. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
5. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)