|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Tells him to go home.
(b) Punches Pavlo.
(c) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(d) Runs him through weapons drill.
2. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Five years old.
3. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Begins singing.
(b) Refuses to go to formation.
(c) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(d) Asks Pierce not to go.
4. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
(a) Snifffed airplane glue and slashed his wrist.
(b) Slashed his wrist and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(c) Sniffed airplane glue and taken a whole bottle of aspirin.
(d) Taken a bottle of sleeping pills and slashed his arm.
5. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
(a) That it's strange to be squad leader.
(b) That it's a riot being squad leader.
(c) That it's confusing being squad leader.
(d) That it's no fun being squad leader.
6. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
(a) Why he is in the army.
(b) When he's leaving the army.
(c) What he wants to be in ten years.
(d) Whether he has any pride.
7. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he has a protective suit.
(b) That he's completely helpless.
(c) That he has hope to survive.
(d) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
8. What is Pavlo's first question to Ardell after he is attacked in the barracks?
(a) Who was it thhat beat him up.
(b) What was going to happen next.
(c) Where he was supposed to go.
(d) Why he was attacked.
9. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That he is "Pavlo Motherhumping Hummel."
(b) That he is "finished."
(c) That he "can't see anything."
(d) That he should just "move and do."
10. Who breaks up the fight between Kress and Pavlo after the test?
11. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
(a) The recreation hall.
(b) The swimming pool.
(c) During drill.
(d) At a bar.
12. What does Ardell instruct Pavlo on in the event of a gas attack?
(a) How to stay low to the ground.
(b) How to hold one's breath.
(c) How to call for back-up.
(d) How to put on his gas mask .
13. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo will never be forgotten.
(b) That Pavlo looks great.
(c) That he is brave.
(d) That people will laugh at Pavlo forever.
14. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
15. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Get a trip to Cambodia.
(c) Buy a new weapon.
(d) Get laid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
3. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
5. Who brings the test results to the soldiers?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)