|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
2. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
(d) Jumping jacks.
3. What is Pavlo's first question to Ardell after he is attacked in the barracks?
(a) Why he was attacked.
(b) What was going to happen next.
(c) Where he was supposed to go.
(d) Who was it thhat beat him up.
4. Who in Towers's story to the trainees did Towers surprise during World War II?
(a) A platoon of German Navy.
(b) A German.
(c) A squad of German amory trucks.
(d) A Jewish man.
5. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
(a) If he knows what happened.
(b) If he will go home.
(c) Does he know who did it.
(d) If he enjoys killing.
6. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He does not recognize them.
(b) He looks for his wallet.
(c) He yells at them
(d) He becomes agitated.
7. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Kicked out of the army.
(b) Promoted to Lieutenant
(c) Given a new weapon.
(d) Assigned to infantry.
8. What is Ardell's reason for not believing what he's seeing in Pavlo's mind?
(a) Because it doesn't make sense.
(b) Because it is so complicated.
(c) Because it is so strange.
(d) Because it is so simple.
9. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
10. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he might not live.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How his dad taught him to throw.
(d) How he would cover the granade with his body.
11. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
(a) Parker asked him to tell.
(b) He gets so bored he has to tell stories.
(c) Kress and Parker were picking on him
(d) Kress asked him to tell.
12. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(b) Runs him through weapons drill.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Punches Pavlo.
13. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
(a) How ridiculous the situation is.
(b) How good Pavlo looks.
(c) What Pavlo's mother would say.
(d) How stupid Pavlo is.
14. What are the soldiers in the barracks gambling with?
15. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
(a) Doing pull-ups on the bunks.
(b) Under his blanket.
(c) In the office on the phone.
(d) On the barrack floor doing push-ups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
2. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
3. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
4. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
5. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)