Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By denying it.
(b) By agreeing with Ardell.
(c) By running out of the room for air.
(d) By crying quietly.
2. What is Ardell's reason for not believing what he's seeing in Pavlo's mind?
(a) Because it is so simple.
(b) Because it doesn't make sense.
(c) Because it is so complicated.
(d) Because it is so strange.
3. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
(a) Grabs a book and pretends to read.
(b) Begins to cry quietly.
(c) Stands up and salutes him.
(d) Runs back to the barracks pretending to have forgotten something.
4. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To hear and know.
(b) To see and move.
(c) To run and move.
(d) To run and turn.
5. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
6. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he's completely helpless.
(b) That he has a protective suit.
(c) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
(d) That he has hope to survive.
7. What is Pavlo wearing when Ardell shouts at him to get up from under the blanket?
(a) His boots.
(b) His underclothes.
(c) His fatigues.
8. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
(c) Jumping jacks.
9. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(a) Satchel packets.
(b) Dresses, although men.
10. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That he is "Pavlo Motherhumping Hummel."
(b) That he "can't see anything."
(c) That he should just "move and do."
(d) That he is "finished."
11. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
(a) Why he is in the army.
(b) Whether he has any pride.
(c) What he wants to be in ten years.
(d) When he's leaving the army.
12. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
(a) To fight back.
(b) To quit the army.
(c) To make friends with them.
(d) To announce his problem in the barracks.
13. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A thief.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A liar.
14. What does Pavlo tell Pierce his name really is?
15. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(a) Doing push-ups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
2. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
3. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
4. What is jokingly mentioned at the fact that Pavlo is still in bed while the soldiers are playing a game?
5. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)