|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Lost his temper.
(c) Goes to church to pray.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
2. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
(a) A mother and half-brother.
(b) A half-sister and twin brother.
(c) A sister and half-brother.
(d) A father and step-mother.
3. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
(a) That it's a riot being squad leader.
(b) That it's confusing being squad leader.
(c) That it's strange to be squad leader.
(d) That it's no fun being squad leader.
4. What does Pavlo tell Pierce his name really is?
5. Who brings the test results to the soldiers?
(d) The corporal.
6. Along with one other soldier, who must repeat their basic training?
7. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Get out.
(c) Lie down.
8. What does Ardell instruct Pavlo on in the event of a gas attack?
(a) How to hold one's breath.
(b) How to put on his gas mask .
(c) How to stay low to the ground.
(d) How to call for back-up.
9. Who breaks up the fight between Kress and Pavlo after the test?
10. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he might not live.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(d) How his dad taught him to throw.
11. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(c) A repairman.
(d) A janitor.
12. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
(a) Drink some water.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) Get some rest.
(d) To put on his dress uniform.
13. Who does Pierce say he is worried about while he is drunk talking with Pavlo?
14. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Tries to shoot Towers.
(b) Asks another question.
(c) Cries in front of Towers.
(d) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
15. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(a) Satchel packets.
(b) Dresses, although men.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
2. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
3. What happens after the whistle blows?
4. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
5. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)