Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Captain A.
(c) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
2. What does Ardell say to Pavlo in regards to the person Pavlo sees in the mirror?
(a) That it isn't Pavlo Hummel anymore.
(b) That the person is his mother.
(c) That Pavlo can't see beyond himself.
(d) That he is only seeing his face and not his heart.
3. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
(a) Does he know who did it.
(b) If he will go home.
(c) If he knows what happened.
(d) If he enjoys killing.
4. Upon finding Pavlo in the state he is in, what does Hinkle do upon returning to the game?
(a) He makes jokes about how dumb Pavlo is.
(b) He tries to get Pierce to do something,
(c) He wins the game and asks Pavlo to join.
(d) He asks everyone to help.
5. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
(a) The game continues and jokes are made about Pavlo.
(b) The trainees fight about what to do.
(c) The game abruptly ends.
(d) The trainees become confused.
6. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
(a) A sister and half-brother.
(b) A half-sister and twin brother.
(c) A mother and half-brother.
(d) A father and step-mother.
7. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Asks Pierce not to go.
(b) Refuses to go to formation.
(c) Begins singing.
(d) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
8. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Asks another question.
(b) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(c) Tries to shoot Towers.
(d) Cries in front of Towers.
9. What kind of a game do Pierce, Hinkle, and Kress set up?
(b) Black Jack.
(c) Crazy eights.
10. Who is the first person to enter the barracks that is not a trainee in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The corporal.
11. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How they are only strong in numbers.
(b) How fun it is to be in the army.
(c) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
(d) How having a gun makes you weaker.
12. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(b) Tells him to go home.
(c) Runs him through weapons drill.
(d) Punches Pavlo.
13. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
(c) Physical ability.
14. As Hinkle goes out of the barracks, what does Kress ask him to do?
(a) Never come back.
(b) Forget it ever happened.
(c) Get him a soda.
(d) Sing while he goes.
15. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Ardell and Kress.
(b) Towers and Ardell.
(c) Towers and Parker.
(d) Kress and Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pierce say he is worried about while he is drunk talking with Pavlo?
2. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
3. What is Ardell's first comment when he enters the barracks, in Act 1, Part 4?
4. What did Pavlo have thrown over him when he once entered the barracks?
5. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)