|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pavlo is finally redressed, what does Ardell comment upon as the trainees leave the barrack?
(a) What Pavlo's mother would say.
(b) How stupid Pavlo is.
(c) How ridiculous the situation is.
(d) How good Pavlo looks.
2. What does Ardell tell Pavlo to do after being found close to death?
(a) Get some rest.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) To put on his dress uniform.
(d) Drink some water.
3. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He yells at them
(b) He looks for his wallet.
(c) He does not recognize them.
(d) He becomes agitated.
4. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Tells him to go home.
(b) Punches Pavlo.
(c) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(d) Runs him through weapons drill.
5. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Buy a new weapon.
(b) Get laid.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Get a trip to Cambodia.
6. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
7. What is Ardell's first comment when he enters the barracks, in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) How the fuss and noise is Pavlo's fault.
(b) That he was waiting outside.
(c) That the trainees can't take care of themselves.
(d) That he was just sleeping.
8. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To hear and know.
(b) To run and move.
(c) To run and turn.
(d) To see and move.
9. What is Pavlo wearing when Ardell shouts at him to get up from under the blanket?
(a) His fatigues.
(c) His boots.
(d) His underclothes.
10. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
(a) Grabs a book and pretends to read.
(b) Begins to cry quietly.
(c) Runs back to the barracks pretending to have forgotten something.
(d) Stands up and salutes him.
11. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) His brother.
(d) His lieutenant.
12. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(a) Dresses, although men.
(c) Satchel packets.
13. What is jokingly mentioned at the fact that Pavlo is still in bed while the soldiers are playing a game?
(a) That he's dreaming about his father.
(b) That he's studying his dreams.
(c) That he's masturbating.
(d) That he's mentally disturbed.
14. What does Ardell do while helping Pavlo get dressed after his suicide attempt?
(a) Tells the other trainees to vacate the barrack.
(b) Whistles a marching tune.
(c) Yells at him to wake up.
(d) Sings a marching song.
15. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By crying quietly.
(b) By denying it.
(c) By running out of the room for air.
(d) By agreeing with Ardell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
2. Where and when does this story take place?
3. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
4. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
5. What two words does Ardell claim will be of meaning to all people after this event?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)